Cyclops & Havok vs Sunspot & Ice Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Havok-Havok is a mutant possessing the power to absorb ambient cosmic energy, process it and emanate it from his body as waves of plasma in the form of a blast or discharge, with a tell-tale concentric circle pattern. These waves will emanate from his body in all directions unless he purposefully tries to channel them in a single direction, usually along the length of his arms. This results in control over an extremely powerful sort of destructive force. He is immune to the adverse effects of most forms of radiation and heat. At times, he is not entirely able to control this ability which sometimes makes him a danger to those around him unless he wears a special containment suit to assist him. Havok is immune to his own powers and to those of his brother Scott.

Despite past accounts, the energy that Havok releases is not truly a concussive force. When Havok strikes an object with the waves of intensity of hot plasma, the sudden vast jump in temperature will often cause objects to shatter, explode or disintegrate and an observer might therefore wrongly think that the object had been struck by a concussive force. Should Havok direct his energy at the lowest level, he can project it towards a human being and his target will suffer a severe headache but

&

Cyclops-Cyclops is a mutant, possessing the power to project beams of pure solar energy from his eyes. Contrary to common assumption, no heat is involved. Due to an injury suffered in his early years, these beams are always "on" and can only be blocked by either closing his eyes or by a barrier of ruby quartz, which is what his sunglasses and visor are made of. The solar power of the beam is drawn from the rays of the sun. Cyclops' cells are constantly absorbing the solar energy and transferring it to his eyes, which is why he is immune to the effects of his own powers. He is also immune to his brother Alex's (Havok) discharged plasma waves, which are created from absorbed cosmic rays.

The visor is designed to open the quartz shield to varying widths to allow his optic blasts to fire freely when Cyclops desires it. He originally had to manipulate controls on the visor itself for firings, but his costume was later equipped with controls in his gloves for convenience. In addition, the visor has a backup spring loaded shutter mechanism to shut the visor should the regular powered system fail.

vs

Sunspot-Originally, Sunspot's superhuman power was limited solely to superhuman strength, and then only in his solar form. Unlike many superhumanly strong heroes, Sunspot was unique in that he had no superhuman resistance to injury, and was not bulletproof by any means. The phrase, "Careful Bobby, you're strong, not invulnerable!" in its many variations became as much a Claremont catchphrase as Wolverine's "I'm the best at what I do!" The degree of Roberto's strength level has not been firmly defined - sources such as the Offical Handbook to the Marvel Universe cited his solar strength as ranging from anywhere between a 2-3 s, to a 20-30 level. It is likely that his strength level was at the lower range initially, increasing as his experience and training grew. In addition, Sunspot's powers have radically changed and grown since the character was introduced, and whilst his power augmentations have concentrated on areas other than his strength, it is feasible that his strength has increased still further.

&

Ice Man-Iceman's powers have evolved considerably over the years. Originally he had a normal human and an ice-form. In normal human form, he had the strength, agility and durability of a typical athletic male of his size. In his ice-form, his strength and durability was enhanced.

Iceman is able to lower his body temperature without harm to himself, reaching -105F within a few seconds. He is able to freeze any moisture in the air around him into unusually hard ice to form ice-slides and various projectiles and shields. Iceman is immune to sub-zero temperatures. Iceman has thermal vision: the ability to detect objects visually by how much heat the objects generate.

Over the years, his mutant physiology has gone through radical changes. First, he was able to fashion an armor of densely packed snow around his human form when lowering his temperature; later, this became armor of solid ice. Eventually, he was actually able to transform his body into organic ice in which his strength and endurance were augmented to enhanced levels, but when he turned his body back to normal, he would be an ordinary human.

For a time, Iceman could no longer revert to a human form. He was constantly in a translucent organic ice-form. Iceman is also able to reconstitute his ice-form if any part of it is damaged or even if it is completely shattered, without permanent harm to himself. He is able to temporarily add the mass of a body of water to his own to increase his mass, size and physical power. His strength and durability in his ice-form are enhanced beyond normal human levels. He can survive not only as sentient ice but as sentient water and vapor. He has the capacity to manipulate all forms of moisture. He has all of the abilities to generate projectiles, slides and shields that he always has had but they have been augmented greatly. He can also deposit his bodily mass into a river or stream and reconstitute his entire mass a great distance away in a

TheKahn
Iceman could win by himself. Cyke and Havok can't kill him and he could freeze them to death.

golem370
I think Havok & Cyclops wins

Blair Wind
i think your wrong...........Iceman wins by himself, he freezes their molecules and thats it.....

StyleTime
Well noone said CIS is turned off so Iceman won't be trying to kill anybody through blood freezing/molecule stopping/etc.

Cyclops and Havok will win.

Blair Wind
CIS means what again?

doesnt matter its within his abilities and he has done it before...and its not a killing move, its called a flash freeze, they would be stopped, but he could then unfreeze them....(after the fight is over and he wins by default)

StyleTime
CIS is limits a character puts upon himself or herself because of personal ideals or values. I know Iceman CAN do the move but I don't recall him doing it without someone removing mental blocks he put on himself. I also wonder if Havok's heat would counteract the flash freeze.

TheKahn
Two words: Icecube testicles

Nobody dies and Cyke & Havok go down.

Blair Wind
well he did it one toads tongue then easily unfreezed it.....also did it to Prosh and Stranger, go to my Iceman Respect thread, it shows all alot of his feats....and since its generally accepted that Human Torch cant, I doubt Havok can....

The Ion
Originally posted by StyleTime
Well noone said CIS is turned off so Iceman won't be trying to kill anybody through blood freezing/molecule stopping/etc.

Cyclops and Havok will win.
CIS is automatically turned off for forum battles.

Iceman wins.

StyleTime
Originally posted by The Ion
CIS is automatically turned off for forum battles.

Iceman wins.
I used to think that as well. However, it turns out that only PIS is turned off for forum battles.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates. -Tron

StyleTime
Originally posted by Blair Wind
well he did it one toads tongue then easily unfreezed it.....also did it to Prosh and Stranger, go to my Iceman Respect thread, it shows all alot of his feats....and since its generally accepted that Human Torch cant, I doubt Havok can....
I wasn't aware that Human Torch couldn't stop Iceman's freezing.

Iceman's team takes this then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.