Why did Yoda...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
go to Kashhyyk. I mean, he really didn't do anything there. he just stood there and watched the battle. He could have just sent his troops alone there or else Luminara Unduli, who I understand was on Kashhyyk, could have been the Jedi to go there. Yoda didn't help anyways and then he'd have been on Courscant and he and Mace would have beat the shit outta Palpatine.

Also, what've happened if Grievous would have been killed on the Invisible Hand? Palpatine'd have to excuse to keep his power + Obi-Wan would stay on Courscant. Without his powers Palpatine's plans would be ruined. I doubt he'd stop Obi-Wan and Anakin from killing Grievous, so would it be game over for Sidious then?

Wind Sister
Yoda needed to communicate with the wookies, and inform them erm

And sorry, I'll leave the "What if" to the others stick out tongue

Tangible God
I'll bet my buttons Yoda did more than what we see. Either that or it was an excuse to get him off Coruscant.

And if Grievous had died on the Invisible Hand?

Sidious take HUGE risks and gambles. If Grievous died, than I wouldn't put it past Palpatine to conjure up another threat which required the seperation between OB and Anakin. He most likely KNEW that the Council would dismiss Anakin's suggestion that he go take on Grievous, and he probably KNEW that OB would take his place.

Remember, there was always the fact that the Seperatist leaders had to be found, he could use their hiding to prolong the war and figure out another scheme.

overlord
Originally posted by darthsith19
Yoda didn't help anyways and then he'd have been on Courscant and he and Mace would have beat the shit outta Palpatine. LOLz!!! YOU SPELLED IT WRONG!!!!111!1!!

Mišt
From the novel, Yoda leaves as part of the lame ass Jedi plan to bait out the second Sith.

"It may not be enough," Mace Windu said. "Let us take this one step farther - we should appear shorthanded, and weak, giving Sidious an opening to make a move he thinks will go unobserved. I'm thinking that perhaps we should let the Chancellor's office know that Yoda and I have been forced to take the field-"

Yoda: "The Seperatist attack on Kashyyyk, a compelling excuse will make. And good relations with the Wookies I have; destroy the droid armies I can, and still be available to Coruscant, should Sidious take the bait"

Stupid foolsdisgust

Council#13
Yeah, stupid fools disgusted

((The_Anomaly))
None of those choices is why he went there. He went there because thats what Jedi did in the clone wars. They were generals of the clone armies. And that battle needed a general, and Yoda felt he was the best candidate. So he went. There's not much else to it.

Sesse
They just should have sent Anakin...

chilled monkey

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by darthsith19
go to Kashhyyk. I mean, he really didn't do anything there. he just stood there and watched the battle. He could have just sent his troops alone there or else Luminara Unduli, who I understand was on Kashhyyk, could have been the Jedi to go there. Yoda didn't help anyways and then he'd have been on Courscant and he and Mace would have beat the shit outta Palpatine.

Also, what've happened if Grievous would have been killed on the Invisible Hand? Palpatine'd have to excuse to keep his power + Obi-Wan would stay on Courscant. Without his powers Palpatine's plans would be ruined. I doubt he'd stop Obi-Wan and Anakin from killing Grievous, so would it be game over for Sidious then?

Why did Yoda go to Dagobah? Is that is homeworld because in the deleted scene where Yoda arrives his facial expression is like he's finally home.

darthsith19
Hologram.

Like what? He just stood and watched the battle!

Shut it or you'll end up like Nilky.

Okay, I read what you said. Thanks.

Luminara Unduli was there.

So now that we know the answer just discuss what would have happened if Grievous had died on the Invisible Hand. Or how stupid the Jedi's plan was wink

DeVi| D0do
Yoda went to Kashyyyk for the sole purpose of providing an excuse for George to have a battle scene with wookiees in his film. That is all.

Cascador
Yoda also had to be away, cause he would be able to stop Anakin.

InfiniteDY
Edit: NVM

anikinindrag
why if how yeaseryday yoda would kill him maby

bogen
he neeeded to be there to let the wokkies know of wats going down and boost the moral of the wookie troops.

anikinindrag
and score some wookie booty

bogen
just die What the f**k?

Ushgarak
The novel was trying to find justification where none was needed. Anomaly has the concept pretty much right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.