-=- Black Smoke -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
Well..

THAT was cool.

Why Do you think he didn't die?
Maybe because he is then only one that did not run away.

Darth Macabre
Now Locke, and Eko have both looked into the "eye of the island" or something like that.

What things do they have in common?

Koala MeatPie
Both Preechers / Help People. / Changed

SlickRick69
both were 'connected' to the bits of orientation film

rickyduck
o wow was episode 11 on aswell?

Morning_Glory
I thought Eko didnt die because he was a priest (he was but he wasnt), but Locke and Eko are men of "faith"

and the whole fate and consequence thing erm confused

cindy8219
first of all, I have DVR so after this particular scene i kept rewinding and fast forwarding in slow motion to see the images. Ok, so I saw the guy who Mr. Eko killed, his brother, the church and one of the women. I it also it never occured to me that he had bee a "bad guy" before.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by cindy8219
first of all, I have DVR so after this particular scene i kept rewinding and fast forwarding in slow motion to see the images. Ok, so I saw the guy who Mr. Eko killed, his brother, the church and one of the women. I it also it never occured to me that he had bee a "bad guy" before.

what?

his brother was killed by those army/ militant people- he was shot- and two of the other guys dragged him on the plane - and the guy with the one gold tooth kicked Ecko out of the plane and which Ecko later said that guy was the one who saved his life (cause if he would have been on the plane..blah blah) -- but yea Ecko was a bad man before he was on the island what images are you talking about (in slow motion)... the man he shot when he was little?

cindy8219
Inside the black smoke thing you can see these images, but it Goes by really fast. I'm sure you guys can find screenshots somewhere.

Jard_Dooku
Spoiler pic from the 2nd series, it shows Eko with the smoke

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=839&pos=400

Lord Magnus
What do you mean why didn't he die? Why would it kill him? The only person it's ever killed was the pilot, and it must have had its reasons. It's a "security system"--not a man-eater or anything like that. The eye of the island. It's not evil.

rickyduck
that link doesnt work for me... help!

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Lord Magnus
What do you mean why didn't he die? Why would it kill him? The only person it's ever killed was the pilot, and it must have had its reasons. It's a "security system"--not a man-eater or anything like that. The eye of the island. It's not evil.

It almost Killed Loch.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by cindy8219
Inside the black smoke thing you can see these images, but it Goes by really fast. I'm sure you guys can find screenshots somewhere.

o yea i saw that too.. I have a dvd recorder and was watching that really slow. smile

Morning_Glory
http://www.boomspeed.com/allhailme/011206_lostsmoke.jpg

Morning_Glory
i found this too-- it explains a lot about the cloud:

Flashes of Eko's life inside the cloud

When the camera swings through the monster, there are flashes of images from Eko's life.:
Crucifix
Eko on the beach after the plane crash
Eko's brother's Church
Woman
Woman Number 2
Priest (the old man Eko shot as a boy)
Man
Eko's Brother
Young Eko
Eko's Brother Shot
Eko's Brother Shot 2
Eko and Brother
Eko's Partner

http://lost.cubit.net/investigations.php

Koala MeatPie
Oi... This is Pre- "Matrix Revolutions" all over again...

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie

What do you mean by that?

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie

no

Michael was in one of the Matrix confused

sorrow
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
no

Michael was in one of the Matrix confused

laughing

rickyduck
LALALALAAAAA THE MA|TRIX!

Lord Magnus
Good movie.

sorrow
my fave!.. big grin

Lord Magnus
Yup.

KENobi™
o yea i saw that too.. I have a dvd recorder and was watching that really slow. smile Originally posted by Morning_Glory
http://www.boomspeed.com/allhailme/011206_lostsmoke.jpg

Did you originally think that the cloud formed the faces that cindy was talking about? laughing

sorrow
i dont really buy that theory.. black smoke with face profile.. etc.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

i think they're just plain black smoke..

rickyduck
There is alot to do with magnetism in this show. Locke's compass was malfunctioning, Jack's key was pulled toward the wall in the Hatch and in Born To Run Kate passes the MRI sign (that is wrong).

Well my theory is that the "Creature" lives underground, not above. The creature underground is magnetic and so it the Black Smoke.

If you take two magnets and put one under a table and one on top then you move the on on the bottem, the one on top will also move. This is what I think the monster is doing.
This is why the smoke dragged Locke into a hole. It doesn't pull out trees, it pushes them up from below. This also explains why when Jack went underground (in the Hatch) his key was pulled toward the wall.

I got that from another forum.

Punker69
i found this too-- it explains a lot about the cloud:

Flashes of Eko's life inside the cloud

When the camera swings through the monster, there are flashes of images from Eko's life.:
Crucifix
Eko on the beach after the plane crash
Eko's brother's Church
Woman
Woman Number 2
Priest (the old man Eko shot as a boy)
Man
Eko's Brother
Young Eko
Eko's Brother Shot
Eko's Brother Shot 2
Eko and Brother
Eko's Partner

http://lost.cubit.net/investigations.php

Are you serious? I cant believe I didn't notice THAT MUCH.

KENobi™
Originally posted by rickyduck
There is alot to do with magnetism in this show. Locke's compass was malfunctioning, Jack's key was pulled toward the wall in the Hatch and in Born To Run Kate passes the MRI sign (that is wrong).

Well my theory is that the "Creature" lives underground, not above. The creature underground is magnetic and so it the Black Smoke.

If you take two magnets and put one under a table and one on top then you move the on on the bottem, the one on top will also move. This is what I think the monster is doing.
This is why the smoke dragged Locke into a hole. It doesn't pull out trees, it pushes them up from below. This also explains why when Jack went underground (in the Hatch) his key was pulled toward the wall.

I got that from another forum.

Agreed.

My theory on the black smoke though, is that those who see into it do not see the smoke itself, but their worst fears or worst memories. Hence why in the smoke we could see reflections of Eko's former life as a drug lord.

i_LoVe_DaNiEl22
wow you guess are fantastic!

:-D

Darth Macabre

KENobi™
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
But why can only Locke and Eko (That we know of) see into the "eye"?

Because they are looking directly into it. The other Losties see it from the side or from a distance.

They are also the only 2 to have not run from it and stood their ground so they could look into it.

Lord Magnus
Locke and Eko were the only ones that looked into it. If Charlie looked into it he'd see lots of drugs and the Driveshaft logo and his brother and whatnot.

rickyduck
locke didnt actually look into it.

rickyduck
http://sier.home.comcast.net/Lost_Monster2.gif

http://sier.home.comcast.net/Lost_Monster2.gif

he doesnt look into the smoke

Here are the faces in the smoke for locke:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/1595556363239396/monsterslower/

KENobi™
locke didnt actually look into it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Another episode my friend. They didn't know the "monster", it was a view from the "monsters" POV and it zoomed in on Lockes face.

rickyduck
its the same episode. when he looks really scared right? but howcome it showed the smoke then with a face in? howcome it didnt before?

Lord Magnus
Locke looked into the eye in Walkabout (all time favorite episode).

KENobi™
its the same episode. when he looks really scared right? but howcome it showed the smoke then with a face in? howcome it didnt before?

Obviously it's not the same episode. roll eyes (sarcastic) The scene you posted is 100% not what I was talking about. They never showed the smoke during the scene I mentioned.

Originally posted by Lord Magnus
Locke looked into the eye in Walkabout (all time favorite episode).

Thanks LM, couldn't remember the title, and couldn't be bothered to search. laughing out loud

Lord Magnus
I originally saw Season 1 on DVDs so I know the titles. Next one's like, "Water and Fire" or "Fire and Water" or "Death by Water and Fire" or something cool like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.