Why doesn't the omega beams work on superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jesserw21
????

Adam Warlock
He's an icon and because fanboys/writers love him.

Jose123
Don't know why really. They should go Right through his Heat vision but they don't.

also this isn't the place to ask this question. Try the other comic boards instead of the VS. one.

golem370
Well It might be like Hulk becoming immune to Xemnu mental bolts. The more he gets hit by it his body became immune to it.

The Ion
In comic book world, because Superman is important to The Source.

In real life, because he's Superman.

leonidas
<<Why doesn't the omega beams work on superman>>

what are you basing this on? the singular showing where the heat vision was able to deflect the OE? or was there a time (that i'm unaware of or can't recall) where supes was struck full on by the OE and showed no effects at being hit?

Draco69
Simple: DC Politics and its Editors. Marvel has it to a lesser degree. But DC when it comes to Superman will NOT let him lose to ANYTHING despite all reason and logic. The Omega Beams SHOULD destroy Superman (and no heat vision CANNOT deflect it, for heaven's sake it went through the Infinity Man's (galaxy buster) assault)

TheKahn
Originally posted by jesserw21
????

How many comics does Darkseid have? And how many does Superman have? Simple as that. sad

leonidas
Originally posted by Draco69
Simple: DC Politics and its Editors. Marvel has it to a lesser degree. But DC when it comes to Superman will NOT let him lose to ANYTHING despite all reason and logic. The Omega Beams SHOULD destroy Superman (and no heat vision CANNOT deflect it, for heaven's sake it went through the Infinity Man's (galaxy buster) assault)

it's likely that these versions of darkseid will be retconned in the future, regardless. someone will say it was just an avatar and that darkseid was not at 'full power'. i'm still not convinced that dc really has a clue what to do with darkseid, exactly WHO he is and exactly what he should be capable of. one day a good writer with a sense of history will figure it out. til then, we're stuck with writers who don't really have anything in mind as regards kirby's -- admittedly confusing at times -- legacy.

BobbyD
Well.....because he's Supes, and is too important in the grand scheme of cosmic good vs evil. He's got too many people watching his back to allow the Omega Beams to have any effect.

Plus, DC will not allow their golden boy to lose too much....losing to Doomsday once was probably enough in their eyes.

Draco69
Originally posted by leonidas
it's likely that these versions of darkseid will be retconned in the future, regardless. someone will say it was just an avatar and that darkseid was not at 'full power'. i'm still not convinced that dc really has a clue what to do with darkseid, exactly WHO he is and exactly what he should be capable of. one day a good writer with a sense of history will figure it out. til then, we're stuck with writers who don't really have anything in mind as regards kirby's -- admittedly confusing at times -- legacy.

Grant Morrison did a PERFECT Darkseid in the Rock of Ages storyline. If only....

leonidas
yes

tiakocom

i get your point, the same can be said about WW supes should K.O her in minutes if he wanted to but DC wont let it happen..guess wat im sayin is DC love their characters to much

DrDoom101
Originally posted by jesserw21
???? Because Superman would die and fans will be disappointed and the comic series will end.

Draco69
Originally posted by tiakocom
i get your point, the same can be said about WW supes should K.O her in minutes if he wanted to but DC wont let it happen..guess wat im sayin is DC love their characters to much

roll eyes (sarcastic)

What IS it with Superman fanboys and Wonder Woman beating him? Batman? No problem. Hawkman? No compliants. But Wonder Woman? Everyone is suddenly in uproar.

And no the above scenario is ridiculous. It would last for hours if BOTH were bloodlusted.

The Ion
roll eyes (sarcastic)

What IS it with Superman fanboys and Wonder Woman beating him? Batman? No problem. Hawkman? No compliants. But Wonder Woman? Everyone is suddenly in uproar.

And no the above scenario is ridiculous. It would last for hours if BOTH were bloodlusted.
You've missed a lot of Superman related fun on this forum in the past month. big grin

tiakocom
roll eyes (sarcastic)

i aint no fanboy of supes hell i like the dude sometimes but when he's bein put against rediculous odd i find it funny...maybe wat i said came out wrong but wat i meant was that DC always make sure their top players are almosrt near to unbeatable

Draco69
Originally posted by tiakocom
i aint no fanboy of supes hell i like the dude sometimes but when he's bein put against rediculous odd i find it funny...maybe wat i said came out wrong but wat i meant was that DC always make sure their top players are almosrt near to unbeatable

None can compare to BatGOD.

Except maybe Deathstroke. Supergirl is getting close too...

tiakocom
None can compare to BatGOD.

Except maybe Deathstroke. Supergirl is getting close too...

should've i said WW batman is the god of DC and thata a fact

Mindship
Batman animating Asgardian Destroyer = real BatGod

JohnR
Remember when the Hulk's invulnerability was retconned to include a healing factor so quick, we only thought he was invulnerable? Well, maybe Superman's actually being erased from existence, but he reforms so quickly, even Darkseid doesn't notice! Same thing for his heat vision. He's actually being disintegrated, but reforms so quickly that even he doesn't notice and believes his heat vision is actually blocking the Omega Effect which is re-activated so quickly neither he nor Darkseid notices.

Or maybe Superman is actually a cosmic being. Being under the rays of a yellow sun slowly triggers a change in Kryptonians that lets them achieve their ultimate genetic potential which as descendants of Rao means they're actually gods. Since they haven't fully grasped their new situation, they believe they have these amazing "powers" but these powers are actually small baby steps in their evolution and their true power is actually reality control.

Or Superman became immortal following his death. His invulnerability was taxed to its limit and with his rebirth it was strengthened a thousand-fold. Even his heat vision is now invulnerable!

Or Superman can really break the "Fourth Wall" like the She-Hulk, except that Superman can re-write scripts and re-draw panels at super-speed.

Or, um, well that's it for now.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
He's an icon and because fanboys/writers love him.

Yes everybody intelligent enough to write comics loves him. He is didliked by people who like fads instead of excellent iconic characters!!!!!

Draco69
Originally posted by JohnR
Remember when the Hulk's invulnerability was retconned to include a healing factor so quick, we only thought he was invulnerable? Well, maybe Superman's actually being erased from existence, but he reforms so quickly, even Darkseid doesn't notice! Same thing for his heat vision. He's actually being disintegrated, but reforms so quickly that even he doesn't notice and believes his heat vision is actually blocking the Omega Effect which is re-activated so quickly neither he nor Darkseid notices.

Or maybe Superman is actually a cosmic being. Being under the rays of a yellow sun slowly triggers a change in Kryptonians that lets them achieve their ultimate genetic potential which as descendants of Rao means they're actually gods. Since they haven't fully grasped their new situation, they believe they have these amazing "powers" but these powers are actually small baby steps in their evolution and their true power is actually reality control.

Or Superman became immortal following his death. His invulnerability was taxed to its limit and with his rebirth it was strengthened a thousand-fold. Even his heat vision is now invulnerable!

Or Superman can really break the "Fourth Wall" like the She-Hulk, except that Superman can re-write scripts and re-draw panels at super-speed.

.....You're smart. I like you. For every hundred idiots we get here in KMC it's nice to get at least one savant. big grin

tiakocom

thats a good post apart from the fact " sorry if my speelin is comletly all over the place im smokin the stuff now" but i grew up wit the belief that supes was from krypton and that was the only reason he could be super in our galaxi but nowdays he's bein portrayed as almos a god which i ju sdont like jus my opiniom though

R.O.T. Yahman

Really excellent Post !!!!!!!!!!!!! Im keeping it !!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to believe the middle was true !!!!!!! smile

Avalonofthewind
Wow, I've only mentioned this I believe a couple of times in the forums.
Supes became invulnerable to the Omega Effect AFTER combining with Kismet.
Right before that, he had to run for his life from the beams. Right after, he was able to deflect them with heat vision on more than 1 occassion.

Sixth_Winged
Because it came from Superman/Batman and we all know who wrote it.

the reason was stated, Darkseid thinks somehow that supes is protected by the source or have relevance...........

Juntai
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Wow, I've only mentioned this I believe a couple of times in the forums.
Supes became invulnerable to the Omega Effect AFTER combining with Kismet.
Right before that, he had to run for his life from the beams. Right after, he was able to deflect them with heat vision on more than 1 occassion. And nearly any other type of energy as well, check what he did to black rock recently.

olympian
"i get your point, the same can be said about WW supes should K.O her in minutes if he wanted to but DC wont let it happen..guess wat im sayin is DC love their characters to much"

Superman never was on a position in the power or strenght pole to ko WW in minutes.

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
"i get your point, the same can be said about WW supes should K.O her in minutes if he wanted to but DC wont let it happen..guess wat im sayin is DC love their characters to much"

Superman never was on a position in the power or strenght pole to ko WW in minutes. Technically, he KOed her in one punch, or did you read the fight?

leonidas
Originally posted by Juntai
Technically, he KOed her in one punch, or did you read the fight?

that's true. she did black out after that punch. he just wasn't in position to follow it up.

Juntai
Originally posted by leonidas
that's true. she did black out after that punch. he just wasn't in position to follow it up. Yep, entering Earths atmosphere and crashing woke her up.
lol. Must have been one hard punch though... from the sun, to earth.

Rewmac
Let me guess Superman is Godlike to couple of guys eeeh??? big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

long pig
Superman/Batman isn't even in continuity.

The Ion
Parts of it are (otherwise we wouldn't have a Supergirl) but some of it isn't.

long pig
Nah, it can't be partly canon and partly not unless there is a weird dimensional shift or some crap.

The Ion
A lot of the stories are alternate dimensions such as when Superman and Batman ruled the world while the JLA was killed by Ra's Al Ghul.

Draco69
Superman/Batman has been cited on Newsrama to be partly of canon. The ONLY thing that is canon is the Supergirl saga. The rest is completely outside of continuity which allows Jeph Loeb to write PIS ridden stories that don't make sense. OBVIOUSLY with the Batman meeting alternate Batman Beyond. There's no such thing as a multiverse in the DC.

The sad thing is that Superman/Batman is the most commonly used referance by Marvel/Superman/Batman fanboys which is just damn ironic.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Juntai
And nearly any other type of energy as well, check what he did to black rock recently.

I have it as well.
I would post up the scans, but it's a waste of time.
People believe what they want anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.