ROTS is a finalist for three Oscar Nominations:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes

PVS
i guess so long as they never nominate george lucas directly, the acadamy will let these slide roll eyes (sarcastic)

sithsaber408
Yeah, but you'd think with friends like Steve Spielberg, James Cameron, Ron Howard, and Peter Jackson (who goes out of his way to kiss the ass of anything starwars) that he would be able to get a few votes.

Or maybe they just agree with him to his face and think he's a prick behind his back...like his employees. stick out tongue

Seriously, I hope it wins these three, and maybe best score, too.

Stun
this is great newssmile i went to the offical site, and i dont know where to vote lol? the poll closes on January 21st, so we have time

DeVi| D0do
The only category I think it should win is Costume Design... and it isn't even up for that.

It just isn't up to par for any of the other categories in my opinion...

Stun
well i beg to differ DDstick out tongue

Ast
I hope it doesnt win for visual effects. Yeah they did amazing things, but there wasnt a second of the movie were I thought any of it looked real.

Lana
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
The only category I think it should win is Costume Design... and it isn't even up for that.

It just isn't up to par for any of the other categories in my opinion...

Agreed.

Jedi Priestess
DAMN LANA I LOVE THAT SIG!

Thorin
well atleast its recognized by the acadamy, could have been past up completly

Lana
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
DAMN LANA I LOVE THAT SIG!

laughing out loud thanks.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Thorin
well atleast its recognized by the acadamy, could have been past up completly

These are just some early nominations. The full list will not be released until Jan 31st.

http://www.oscars.org/index.html

Padmé Amidala
ROTS wont win anything. If it does I'll eat my hat! Which requires me actually buying a hat to eat big grin

Cascador
It has a chance to win for special effects and sound editing...I don't think for make-up, but I don't give a shit

Thorin
i got plenty of hats, but i doubt you will eat any.

Padmé Amidala
Yeah, I'll just pretend I never said it big grin

Tangible God
ROTS is good, but...it's no ROTK.

Padmé Amidala
Yeah, its a million times better! big grin

sithsaber408
If anything, FOTR was a better movie than ROTK.

The reason it (ROTK) won was more (in my opinion) to show respect to Peter Jackson, for his dedication, vision, and time (5-7 years or something) that he put into the whole trilogy, and to reward New Line, who would have gone under if those movies sank.

That's why ROTS deserves an Oscar.

Now calm down, movie purists and PT naysayers.... We all know it wont. stick out tongue

But using that logic of rewarding people who got passed up (Al pacino in Scent of a Woman rather than Serpico/Dog Day afternoon or Denzel Washington in F*CKING Training Day, instead of Hurricane or Malcom X)... then the acadamy owes GL...big time.

He's put in almost 30 years, and changed alot on his way there, too.
He never won more than technical awards for starwars, even the original was nominated for Best Pic, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, etc...... but who won?

Woody Allen for Annie Hall laughing out loud

I'd say they owe him big.

(Whew!!!)

I'm done.

(Sithsaber's mouth goes dry as a popcorn fart) big grin

NoFate007
The thing that bothers me about the academy is how they'll give into peer pressure. Memoirs of a Geisha is a film that has visuals we've already seen. Its nothing special. War of the Worlds and Narnia are just thrown in there with Choc. Factory cause they're old stories, like King Kong.

What bothers me is how, I mean, look at this:

Batman Begins, Episode III, Sin City...don't you think they should get nominated for a few things? But they won't. Episode III should get something like musical score and sound editing, but it'll go to like, Cinderella Man and War of the Worlds. Sin City should get cinematography, without a doubt, but it most likely won't. Batman Begins should get nominated for a lot of things (not editing though). Won't.

King Kong, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, and so forth, are gonna wreak havoc just cause they're old stories and such. Look at how much Moulin Rouge and Chicago got, and they weren't the best ones to win those categories.

Its ridiculous. At the very most they'll give Episode III ONE award for makeup or something, and Batman Begins will get looked over, and Sin City will too.

who?-kid
ROTS had great visual effects. But King Kong had better FX.

It's much more difficult to create a convincing humanoid cgi than to create explosions and huge spaceships.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by NoFate007
The thing that bothers me about the academy is how they'll give into peer pressure. Memoirs of a Geisha is a film that has visuals we've already seen. Its nothing special. War of the Worlds and Narnia are just thrown in there with Choc. Factory cause they're old stories, like King Kong.

What bothers me is how, I mean, look at this:

Batman Begins, Episode III, Sin City...don't you think they should get nominated for a few things? But they won't. Episode III should get something like musical score and sound editing, but it'll go to like, Cinderella Man and War of the Worlds. Sin City should get cinematography, without a doubt, but it most likely won't. Batman Begins should get nominated for a lot of things (not editing though). Won't.

King Kong, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, and so forth, are gonna wreak havoc just cause they're old stories and such. Look at how much Moulin Rouge and Chicago got, and they weren't the best ones to win those categories.

Its ridiculous. At the very most they'll give Episode III ONE award for makeup or something, and Batman Begins will get looked over, and Sin City will too.
While I don't disagree that film politics plays a huge part in the Oscars, I think you're very wrong in saying that Kong and Charlie will do well just because they're old stories... In fact, if anything, I think that fact would be more of a hindrance. These films were remade from ones that the Academy probably already loved and ones that in their minds probably could not be surpassed. Kong may get a few technical awards, but I doubt it will get anything else. Ditto for Charlie.

NoFate007
You bring up some good points. I didn't take into account how old the academy members are and the "rose colored glasses" thing coming into play here. Still though, I think because of their age, they won't want to give those awards to films like Sin City because they won't connect to it as well.

I'm hoping in all honesty that Charlie and Kong don't get anything at all. I don't think that they were different enough to make them Oscar worthy...although, that term is getting less and less prestigious over the years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.