Wolverine runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Wolverine has 100% rest between each battle.

1) Morbius
2) Tombstone
3) Iron Fist (no claws)
4) Ra's Al Ghul (no claws)
5) Nightwing and Lady Shiva (no claws)
6) Venom and Carnage
7) Cyborg
8) Starfire

King KAM
Originally posted by DrDoom101

1) Morbius
2) Tombstone
3) Iron Fist (no claws)
4) Agent X
6) Lizard
7) Green Goblin and Hobgoblin
8) Sandman and Hydro-Man
9) Starfire some of the battles will be drawn out and take forever, but as of late wolverine has been a one man wrecking crew, i have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by King KAM
some of the battles will be drawn out and take forever, but as of late wolverine has been a one man wrecking crew, i have to give him the benefit of the doubt. hold on. lemme change it while its still early.

TwisterGameX
sandman and hydroman. You hate wolvie right ?

DrDoom101
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
sandman and hydroman. You hate wolvie right ? sorry i edited it while you were typing. As for the question, maybe..... whistle

TwisterGameX
sorry i edited it while you were typing. As for the question, maybe..... whistle lol Venom and Carnage...you hate the bastard, don't you.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
lol Venom and Carnage...you hate the bastard, don't you. this isn't a spite thread shifty

Piedmon

1) Morbius
2) Tombstone
3) Iron Fist (no claws)
4) Ra's Al Ghul (no claws)
6) Venom and Carnage
7) Cyborg
8) Starfire

He beats Morbius. The "Living Vampire" has 10-ton strength and flight, but he has to get close to Wolverine to attack and he is (I believe) a fairly unskilled fighter. Wolverine would behead him as he comes in for a swooping dive, most likely.

I honestly don't know much about Tombstone. Having read up on him, his Wikipedia bio says his max lifting range is only in the area of 900 lb. to two tons. He is therefore either slightly weaker or about twice as strong as Wolverine. I'm going to just go with his given max of 2000 lb. He's probably about equal to Wolverine in speed (it says he's enhanced).

On the other hand, Tombstone has no formal hand-to-hand training. Just years of street fighting experience. Not to discount the value of actual "field work" but I don't think that really compares to Wolverine's repetoir. So again, I'd say Wolverine beats him.

On to Iron Fist. Danny is a great martial artist, perhaps better than Wolverine. But he is only at the physical level of a highly trained human, or peak human if he is given time to charge his ki. Obviously that time is a luxery he would not receive in a one-on-one duel with Wolverine, making it unaltered Danny Rand vs faster-than-a-bobcat Wolverine, who still has adamantium weighting his punches and hardening his body. I think Wolverine takes this unless Iron Fist somehow gets a minute to charge himself up.

Against Ra's al Ghul, I am presuming this is a completely hand-to-hand battle between them. Ra's is probably (or at least, would probably be written as) the superior martial artist. He might even be able to make Wolverine's superior speed and strength negligable factors. The key difference is that Wolverine has a healing factor: Ra's does not. The Demon's Head could just beat on Logan until he was a walking bruise-facotry, and he'd just tire himself out. Without weapons, Ra's has no good way to take Wolverine down. That doesn't go both ways; Wolverine wins.

Being doubleteamed by Lady Shiva and Nightwing.... odds are not on Wolverine's side here. But that doesn't mean he couldn't do it. If he were driven into a bezerker rage, then claws or no I think he'd overwhelm Shiva & Nightwing with his sheer speed and durability. They'd be breaking organs with their fists and he'd just keep coming at them, until he got his hands around someone's neck and then it would be over. That's not a likely scenario, though. Far more likely that the gauntlet ends here for Logan.

The rest aren't really worth commenting on, except for Cyborg. I believe Wolverine could have a chance against Victor Stone, who though strong is not nearly as skilled in melee. Nor is he built of anything capable of withstanding adamantium. If Wolverine gets in arms reach, I should think Vic's lifespan is thereafter measured in seconds. The odds, though, say he just gets blasted from a distance. And I don't think even Wolverine would get up from 1,000,000 decibles of white sound.

Darth_Erebus
He doesn't get past 1. Any of them could kill him.

King KAM
Originally posted by Piedmon
He beats Morbius. The "Living Vampire" has 10-ton strength and flight, but he has to get close to Wolverine to attack and he is (I believe) a fairly unskilled fighter. Wolverine would behead him as he comes in for a swooping dive, most likely.

I honestly don't know much about Tombstone. Having read up on him, his Wikipedia bio says his max lifting range is only in the area of 900 lb. to two tons. He is therefore either slightly weaker or about twice as strong as Wolverine. I'm going to just go with his given max of 2000 lb. He's probably about equal to Wolverine in speed (it says he's enhanced).

On the other hand, Tombstone has no formal hand-to-hand training. Just years of street fighting experience. Not to discount the value of actual "field work" but I don't think that really compares to Wolverine's repetoir. So again, I'd say Wolverine beats him.

On to Iron Fist. Danny is a great martial artist, perhaps better than Wolverine. But he is only at the physical level of a highly trained human, or peak human if he is given time to charge his ki. Obviously that time is a luxery he would not receive in a one-on-one duel with Wolverine, making it unaltered Danny Rand vs faster-than-a-bobcat Wolverine, who still has adamantium weighting his punches and hardening his body. I think Wolverine takes this unless Iron Fist somehow gets a minute to charge himself up.

Against Ra's al Ghul, I am presuming this is a completely hand-to-hand battle between them. Ra's is probably (or at least, would probably be written as) the superior martial artist. He might even be able to make Wolverine's superior speed and strength negligable factors. The key difference is that Wolverine has a healing factor: Ra's does not. The Demon's Head could just beat on Logan until he was a walking bruise-facotry, and he'd just tire himself out. Without weapons, Ra's has no good way to take Wolverine down. That doesn't go both ways; Wolverine wins.

Being doubleteamed by Lady Shiva and Nightwing.... odds are not on Wolverine's side here. But that doesn't mean he couldn't do it. If he were driven into a bezerker rage, then claws or no I think he'd overwhelm Shiva & Nightwing with his sheer speed and durability. They'd be breaking organs with their fists and he'd just keep coming at them, until he got his hands around someone's neck and then it would be over. That's not a likely scenario, though. Far more likely that the gauntlet ends here for Logan.

The rest aren't really worth commenting on, except for Cyborg. I believe Wolverine could have a chance against Victor Stone, who though strong is not nearly as skilled in melee. Nor is he built of anything capable of withstanding adamantium. If Wolverine gets in arms reach, I should think Vic's lifespan is thereafter measured in seconds. The odds, though, say he just gets blasted from a distance. And I don't think even Wolverine would get up from 1,000,000 decibles of white sound. he would get up....after about 30 minutes of screaming in EXTREME pain

soleran30
Iron Fist with chi has a TON more strength then just peak human for a strike.................that said however Wolverine the way he is currently written will smoke them all except maybe Starfire because she can fly and thats only due to his adamantium skeleton and healing factor the way he is written today.

Lord Magnus
People might hate me for this but...

I think Danny takes it. No claws? Logan goes down. Also, how's Venom and Carnage an easy fight? Carnage is, like, the ultimate Spider-Man villain in sheer power levels, and I think he would be a lot more difficult to take down than Morbius or Ra's (no offense... great characters both). Also, Wolvie wouldn't stand a chance against shapeshifters like Sandman or Hydro-Man without using the environment to his advantage. Spider-Man can't punch his way out against those two. Tombstone is the opposite extreme... he's nothing. And he could take Ra's and Nightwing but Shiva would be a more formidable opponent... I think he goes down at Fist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.