Wolverine's durability Versus Superman's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Now before everyone points fingers at me and screams 'He's a fanboy !!!!' I'm not this is just simply proving a point.

I read that a direct nuclear explosion would kill Supes

Wolverine has been hit by a nuke , and survived .. so what , wolvie's now more durable then supes ?

big grin wink

Spawnrules
no

Jose123
grey fox why oh why did you make this? sad

Anyway no. Superman is way more durable. And when has supes been hurt by a nuke? hasn't he gone into the sun?

Scoobless
i think a Nuke would obliterate Wolverine

on the other hand, Wolverine doesn't seem capable of being killed through blunt force trauma due to his healing and the fact that his bones/skull wont break.... whereas Superman has been killed this way

yes

Cyber Ninja
Year 3,000, the wolverine hating might stop.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Jose123

Anyway no. Superman is way more durable. And when has supes been hurt by a nuke? hasn't he gone into the sun?

Probably a kryptonite nuke

TheKahn
If wolverine got hit with a nuclear bomb there wouldn't be anyting left but a smoking skeleton. Every part of his body would be instantly vaporized. Now if he was far enough away he could survive the initally blast and radioactive fall out but not at ground zero.

The reason Superman can fly near the sun is that as he nears the sun, his body absorbs more solar energy which in turns makes his aura stonger and thus allows him to get closer to the sun. Now with a direct nuclear explotion wouldn't give him the time to gradually build up his aura so he would be hurt. But I don't think it would be enough to kill him.

Cyber Ninja
Wolverine getting hit by a nuke is PIS.

ZephroCarnelian
A nuke wouldn't scratch Supes.

smile

He's been hit by a nuke whilst sitting in Kryptonite laced sand and he was absolutely fine.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
Wolverine getting hit by a nuke is PIS.

it wasn't a nuke

TheKahn
You have to remeber that Nukes come in different yeilds and are either fission or fusion. So Superman might could handle a smaller one but I think one of the higher yeild weapons would hurt him IMO.

Fanboy
Didn't he survive something as strong as 10 nuclear bombs in hunter prey?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Fanboy
Didn't he survive something as strong as 10 nuclear bombs in hunter prey?

that was just a guess..... no way to know for sure

ZephroCarnelian
Supes is invulnerable unless:

a) He's drained and his aura isn't at full capacity.

b) He's near Kryptonite.

c) He's under the influence of Red Solar Energy.

d) The attack is magical in nature.

--------------

At full strength, a nuke wouldn't scratch him.

It's not magical, K-based and he's not under the influence of a red sun.

He'd be fine if hit by a nuke, regardless of it's yield. 1kt to 100megatons.

Makes no difference.

Scoobless
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Supes is invulnerable unless:

a) He's drained and his aura isn't at full capacity.

b) He's near Kryptonite.

c) He's under the influence of Red Solar Energy.

d) The attack is magical in nature.

e) He's in the same comic as Batman.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by Scoobless
e) He's in the same comic as Batman.

big grin

TheKahn
If he is invulerable how did Doomsday kill him by punching? Superman's aura can be overloaded by either blunt force or releases of lots of energy both of which is exactly what a nuclear explotion will give off. It would take a big one but it could hurt him
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/superman/superman.html

TheKahn
The last paragraph says:
High Energy Attacks or Radiation: High energy radiations of a particular wavelength can also cause injury by overloading the field at a single point, hence the reason he can be harmed by high energy weapons such as blasters, lasers and plasma weapons. Kinetic kill weapons with sufficient force can also overload the field at that point.

which is way strong physical and high energy attacks can hurt him

grey fox
Originally posted by Jose123

Meh , i was bored . I got that little nugget of info off of the intenret ok .......

Jose123
Wasn't it retconed into that doomsday was kryptonian and had some kriptonite fist or claws or whatever such nonsense? Or am i remembering wrong?

TheKahn
Doomsday was created on Krypton before the Kryptonians ever lived there. Also since Kryptonite was only created when Krypton was destroyed (a very long time after DD was there) I think again he just punched Superman to "death"

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by TheKahn
The last paragraph says:
High Energy Attacks or Radiation: High energy radiations of a particular wavelength can also cause injury by overloading the field at a single point, hence the reason he can be harmed by high energy weapons such as blasters, lasers and plasma weapons. Kinetic kill weapons with sufficient force can also overload the field at that point.

which is way strong physical and high energy attacks can hurt him

As I said.

If his aura is drained - ie he's been fighting for a period of time and worn down his energy reserves - then he CAN be hurt.

He's been inside a planet exploding, with far far faaar more power than any single nuke and he was fine.

smile

Show me an occasion where someone or something has hit him and made him bleed straight away, without the being/weapon having magically imbued properties, or without the fight being lengthy and Superman having exerted himself beforehand.

smile

TheKahn
How many people punch with the force of a nuclear explotion in a single blow?

ZephroCarnelian
Superman himself punches with WAAAY more force than a Nuke in one blow. smile

wink

TheKahn
So Superman could punch himself and thus bleed...

Scoobless
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Show me an occasion where someone or something has hit him and made him bleed straight away, without the being/weapon having magically imbued properties, or without the fight being lengthy and Superman having exerted himself beforehand.

smile

Parallax pretty much knocked his teeth out in one shot

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/Zerohour_perez.jpg

snoopdogg

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/Zerohour_perez.jpg Where is the blood?

jgiant
Can superman break wolvies bones??

Scoobless
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Where is the blood?

that's not from the actual comic (couldn't find the pics from that issue)

anyone got it? Zero Hour (or something like that)

dman2008

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/Zerohour_perez.jpg

Paralax was also able to take on the Spectre for a while.

I think Parrallax is a little stronger then a nuke. smile

The Ion
laughing Damn right Parallax put him down. Parallax was basically a God.

Ex11B
Supes got Owned

Scoobless
Originally posted by The Ion
laughing Damn right Parallax put him down. Parallax was basically a God.

Just like Thor:

http://vu.morrissey-solo.com/moz/perez/news/030904.jpg

shifty

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by grey fox
Now before everyone points fingers at me and screams 'He's a fanboy !!!!' I'm not this is just simply proving a point.

I read that a direct nuclear explosion would kill Supes

Wolverine has been hit by a nuke , and survived .. so what , wolvie's now more durable then supes ?

big grin wink

Supes has survived various nuke attacks, and explosion far more powerful than traditional nukes .... I thinkit was proven that the wolverine incident did not happen, and if it did, it would be a serious case of PIS ... Nuke reach temps that metals melt at .... human flesh has no chance .... The actual pressure Force given out by a nuke is comparable to the hardest hitters. Its there fore plausible to suggests that Wolverine could survive it ! smile

The Ion
Just like Thor:

shifty
A small God for a small world. stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
The actual pressure Force given out by a nuke is comparable to the hardest hitters. Its there fore plausible to suggests that Wolverine could survive it ! smile

no it isn't!

The extreme temperatures would melt/burn every piece of organic matter from his skeleton

Scoobless
Originally posted by The Ion
A small God for a small world. stick out tongue

He's bigger than Superman

stick out tongue

R.O.T. Yahman
that was just a guess..... no way to know for sure

What are you on about .... It clearly states in the pic that the explosion was equal to a million nukes. Im not sure about the exact number (it could be a thousand) but i have seen the scans ... It is not a guess ! smile

Scoobless
What are you on about .... It clearly states in the pic that the explosion was equal to a million nukes. Im not sure about the exact number (it could be a thousand) but i have seen the scans ... It is not a guess ! smile

yes it is

big grin

R.O.T. Yahman
no it isn't!

The extreme temperatures would melt/burn every piece of organic matter from his skeleton

You've just ignored half of my post .... and yes i am right !!!!!!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue

How many tons per square inch does a megaton nuke give out, if your so familliar with the subject ! smile

R.O.T. Yahman
yes it is

big grin

Although you make such a convincing arguement roll eyes (sarcastic) , you are wrong/lying smile

Scoobless
You've just ignored half of my post

yup, pretty much

yes

stick out tongue

Scoobless
Although you make such a convincing arguement roll eyes (sarcastic) , you are wrong/lying smile

no i'm not, you're wrong

(I think.............from what i can remember of a story i read years ago anyway)

roll eyes (sarcastic)

R.O.T. Yahman
no i'm not, you're wrong

(I think.............from what i can remember of a story i read years ago anyway)

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh !!!!!! go report someone !!!!!!!!! stick out tongue

Scoobless
Oh !!!!!! go report someone !!!!!!!!! stick out tongue

maybe i will...... shifty

first i'm gonna go grab my copy of Hunter Prey to see if i was right or not

R.O.T. Yahman
maybe i will...... shifty

first i'm gonna go grab my copy of Hunter Prey to see if i was right or not

I m sure I'm right .... I'm pretty sure I've seen the scans, i do apologies if I'm wrong ! smile

Scoobless

HA!

The whole "force of a million nukes" thing was just a number Waverider pulled out of his ass to describe the situation

if it was really that powerful it would have destroyed the planet.... instead it just flattened out the ground... not even a massive crater.... just flat!

stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

Scoobless
I m sure I'm right .... I'm pretty sure I've seen the scans, i do apologies if I'm wrong ! smile

lol... it's not like i'm offended or anything.... i could just as easily have remembered wrongly

R.O.T. Yahman
HA!

The whole "force of a million nukes" thing was just a number Waverider pulled out of his ass to describe the situation

if it was really that powerful it would have destroyed the planet.... instead it just flattened out the ground... not even a massive crater.... just flat!

stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

hmmmmmmm

What did the book say shifty

Scoobless
hmmmmmmm

What did the book say shifty

It said "mind yer own damn business!!!"

stick out tongue

lol.... it did say "million nuclear explosions" but that was just Waverider's train of thought.... and the result of the explosion on the landscape did not back up that theory

R.O.T. Yahman
It said "mind yer own damn business!!!"

stick out tongue

lol.... it did say "million nuclear explosions" but that was just Waverider's train of thought.... and the result of the explosion on the landscape did not back up that theory

No re did Hyperion's 10.5 Richter scale rugby tackle, in Supreme power .... it still happened ! smile

Scoobless
No re did Hyperion's 10.5 Richter scale rugby tackle, in Supreme power .... it still happened ! smile

Yes...... but Hyperion clearly states that the 10.5 is an estimate

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5819/supremepower18p215kd.th.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7278/supremepower18p22235ju.th.jpg

and i'm still fairly certain a million nuclear explosions would have destroyed that planet

Darth_Erebus
The two lamest characters in comicdom. WTFGAS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.