X-Men fall out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Piedmon
This is a three-way battle between the three teams of X-Men, with the mansion serving as the battleground. All three teams begin in opposite wings of the mansion, with no prep.
Astonishing X-Men

1. Cyclops
2. Beast
3. White Queen
4. Kitty Pryde
5. Colossus

Uncanny X-Men

1. Storm
2. Rachel Grey
3. Bishop
4. Nightcrawler
5. Wolverine

The ADJECTIVELESS X-Men

1. Havok
2. Iceman
3. Polaris
4. Gambit
5. Rogue

OK, I'm thinking.... Astonishing takes it. Without much difficulty, either. They've got the strongest psychic on the team, and Kitty Pryde can take out most of the X-Men pretty easily. And of course, they have Colossus.

GalacticStorm
Uncanny team allll the way

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Piedmon
This is a three-way battle between the three teams of X-Men, with the mansion serving as the battleground. All three teams begin in opposite wings of the mansion, with no prep.
Astonishing X-Men

1. Cyclops
2. Beast
3. White Queen
4. Kitty Pryde
5. Colossus

Uncanny X-Men

1. Storm
2. Rachel Grey
3. Bishop
4. Nightcrawler
5. Wolverine

The ADJECTIVELESS X-Men

1. Havok
2. Iceman
3. Polaris
4. Gambit
5. Rogue

OK, I'm thinking.... Astonishing takes it. Without much difficulty, either. They've got the strongest psychic on the team, and Kitty Pryde can take out most of the X-Men pretty easily. And of course, they have Colossus.

The Astonishing team have the most experienced psychic. Emma is not the most powerful. Rachel is more powerful she just isnt as skilled in the arts of psychic warfare.

TheKahn
Are telepathic attacks a factor here? Emma might be more experienced but couldn't Rachle at least shield her team some, also Polaris might could make some type of emp shield for her team. Does anyone know for sure?

If that is the case, then I think team 3 might have the advantage as Iceman is nearly impossible to kill.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by TheKahn
Are telepathic attacks a factor here? Emma might be more experienced but couldn't Rachle at least shield her team some, also Polaris might could make some type of emp shield for her team. Does anyone know for sure?

If that is the case, then I think team 3 might have the advantage as Iceman is nearly impossible to kill.

To my knowledge shielding tp attacks isnt something Polaris has been shown to be able to do on panel so you cant assume that she'd suddenly be able to protect her entire team from a tp of Rachels power. Iceman can be taken out by tp or his form can be shattered and then scattered across the horizon in different directions via tk.

Piedmon
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
The Astonishing team have the most experienced psychic. Emma is not the most powerful. Rachel is more powerful she just isnt as skilled in the arts of psychic warfare.

Well, exchange "powerful" with "formidable," the point is we've seen that Emma will come out on top in a telepathic duel with Rachel. Assuming the Astonishing team adopts a sensible strategy, Emma would engage Rachel's mind straight away, and would probably defeat her in several minutes at the longest. It's important to remember all the teams start out a large distance away, with the many walls and doors of hte Mansion between them. That means the psychics can route each other out telepathically long before the physical fighters actually find each other.

TheKahn
Piedmon, do the teams have any concern for their teammates?
I mean Cyke and Havok could both just instantly go to their most powerful attacks at the start. This potentially could allow them to take down the telepaths and other opponents but could kill some poeple on their own team.

phase
I say the astonishing take it. If each team starts in a room at the end of a wing, Beast and collusus hold the door shut with cyke ready to fire as soon as someone comes through, emma is in the far corner taking out ppl using her TP. Shadowcat is then sent on a scouting mission, her only problems r rachel and iceman, but with a team huddle b4 hand emma targets those two first, SC then phases everyone into walls. in this way they win. OR is shadowcat is at full strength she phases her team out the mansion and air walk to the ground, then she kenetically focuses on the mansion and phases it without phasing the other teams, who begin to fall through the floorboards, then she stops phasing (phases for a 1/2 sec) and their bodies are ripped apart by the building solidifying around them. Then its just left for emma to put iceman in suspension which counts as a KO! THERE!

MrHeavySilence
looks like the Astonishing X-Men win

phase
I gess so, unless any1 disagrees with me?

coosie
What about that thing that i've read somwhere that Gambit can be protected against telepathy if he held a charged card near his head. Can't he just give his team each a charged card and tape it on their forehead?

phase
Sure, until the card taped to their head explodes and kills them!!!

BTW, where did u here tht ^ ive never herd it or got a clue how it wud work!!

superbatman86
the funny thing about this fight is that Icemans team is actually his only real weakness.Without them he can pretty much instant kill everyone except Collosus.

phase
How? and y not collosus?

coosie
Originally posted by phase
Sure, until the card taped to their head explodes and kills them!!!

BTW, where did u here tht ^ ive never herd it or got a clue how it wud work!!

Can't Gambit control the explosion?

I don't know. I've just read it in one of the threads here. It has something to do with kinetic energy in the cards scrambling telepathy or i don't know. Maybe it's not true.

jrodslam
Im trying to figure out how the Adjectiveless team gets beat. 2 of their members can manupulate blood movement which stops thought, instantly. Rogue can siphon powers that are in her immediate area without touching her opponent. I just cant see them losing personally.

phase
for the reason i sed!!!!!

ixie
Without prep either the Uncanny or Adjectiveless. With prep Astonishing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.