Moff Panaka?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DucLangur
This is really wierd but in the Star Wars Complete Locations on the Emperor's Lair page 168, there is a sculpture and what it says is," Gift from Longtime ally and follower, Moff Panaka." Was Panaka in leauge with Darth Sidious? THis has to be the same one. Also in the RoTs visual dictionary on page 20 in the Data File it says, "Captian Panaka, former Head of Security for Queen Amidala, gave Palpatine information regarding Anakin and Padme's secret marriage." There has to be a connection here. Was Panaka Palpatines ally all along, even during Episode 1. Maybe that is also why he is not in Episode 2, or 3? The point is, is that it isnt part of his bio on Star Wars.com. Any thoughts on this?Maybe there is an Expanded Universe book that talks about this?

BAILY
This was discussed somewhere before.. i dont know if it was here tho.. and I remember that the two Panaka's werent related persay... or at least they werent the same guy I dont believe

DucLangur
Really? Panaka is not a common name. How were they different? It seems like Panaka could have been secretly working for Palpatine.

BAILY
In all honesty I dont think it has been discussed by LFL or anything.. but we all just agreed to disagree that they werent the same guy.. but could be related..

Maybe someone else can shed more light than I on this?

mace=badass
The other day I was with my cousin, and we were listening to Star Wars music. The song was Panaka and the Queens Protection. But it was an iPod and the screen was to small to fit the whole thing, so it said...... Panaka and the Queer.

DucLangur
Haaa. What does this have to do with the topic?
huh

BAILY
Originally posted by DucLangur
Haaa. What does this have to do with the topic?
huh

I was thinking the same.. are you saying Captain Panaka is gay and thus cant be Moff Panaka.. due to the fact the Empire discriminates against Homosexuals??? Bc that is just wrong... stick out tongue

Captain REX
Captain Panaka went on to become Moff Panaka. They are one and the same.

Panaka was a good friend of Palpatine's from the start of his term as Naboo's Senator, and it went on from there. When Palpatine became Emperor, he assigned Panaka to be the Moff of the Chommell Sector, including the Naboo System.

During the days of the Empire, Naboo was loyal to the Empire publically once Kylantha was instated as Queen and Panaka as Moff. The prior Queen, Apailana, was slaughtered by the 501st for her harboring of Jedi and sympathizing of the Rebellion. Kylantha sympathized the Rebellion, but did little to provide aid.

So...Panaka pretty much just said "Hey, look, I can make a bid for power!" and went for it.

DucLangur
Where did you get this information?

Fox4
Most likely from Wookieepedia.

InfiniteDY
I trust the information, but I'd love to know where you got it from too Rex. Might be some other interesting information. shifty

Darth Jello
it's the same panaka. Check wookiepedia if you want sources. Panaka is also the guy who ratted out anakin's wedding to palpatine.

Fox4
Originally posted by Darth Jello
it's the same panaka. Check wookiepedia if you want sources. Panaka is also the guy who ratted out anakin's wedding to palpatine. Anakin got married to Palpy?!sick stick out tongue

DucLangur
I said that. Yeah he told Palps about the wedding of Anakin and PADME. So it gave Palpatine an advantage to his plan to turn Anakin to the darkside.

Captain REX
Yeah, Wookieepedia...which got it from the Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy book from DK.

DucLangur
That book is also called the Complete Locations book right? It's the same one?

Lightsnake
Yeah, it's a shame, but Panaka went Tarkin on us

Dark Aristokrat
Hey... don't insult Tarkin like that.

Lightsnake
In fairness, Panaka was in Highlander! Though I supposed Tarkin being Van Helsing overrules that

DucLangur
I liked Panaka, but I was always skeptical because of his trust in the Jedi, remember him saying, " I do not agree with the jedi on this", when they fly to Tatooine, and he was also alittle too happy when Palpatine was nominated as Surpreme Chancellor. no

Lightsnake
I don't think Panaka was a bad guy per se...not all imperials were genocidal madmen

DucLangur
Originally posted by Lightsnake
I don't think Panaka was a bad guy per se...not all imperials were genocidal madmen

I completely agree with you. I don't think he was evil, he was just on the wrong side. Panaka followed orders just like everyone else. I wish he had been in Episode 2, or 3.

calvin44
Wasn't that supposed to be Panak right next to Seantaor Padme when she arrived on Coruscant.

Lightsnake
PErsonally I don't think he ever saw Palpatine as evil per se...maybe at the end...

calvin44
The senate never even saw Palpy as evil.

overlord
Moff Panaka: "You can't take the princess there, the Hutts are gangsta's!"

DucLangur
haaaaa.Yeah! laughing

calvin44
Originally posted by overlord
Moff Panaka: "You can't take the princess there, the Hutts are gangsta's!"
wasn't she a queen?

DucLangur
I think he was trying to be funny. wink

overlord
I heard it in some rap video once or something.
It was very necessary for this thread.

exanda kane
In SWG Captain Panaka is still...Captain Panaka. He still wears his little RSF uniform and has quite a few grey hairs...

I know it is just a game, but generally SWG has incorporated changes in EU such as that into the game.

DucLangur
What I don't get is why Star Wars.com hasn't updated him or anyone for that matter thats not in Revenge of the sith

Tangible God
Last time I was at SW.com, they didn't even have a page for Naga Sadow.

DucLangur
That is really lazy, they should really start to update now, I don't like these "What's the story", where people make up stoires about characters, they should start focusing on updating databanks with really important characters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.