The Official 'What was Cut From Both Kotors' Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fox4
Well, I opened this topic mainly to discuss and to organize what material was cut from both Kotors, heres a list Ive compiled so far:

Kotor1:
1.Planet Sleyhayron.
2.Alternate Darkside ending where you confront Carth on the Sta Forge and can either kill him or die with him by killing Bastilla and thus giving the Reps an opening to destroy the Star Forge.
3.Republic Soldier uniform.

Kotor2:
1.HK Factory
2.Droid Planet M4-78
3.Alternate endings
4.Genoharadon encounters
5.A lot more stuff too long to list sad

Sorgo
Don't we have a KOTOR Cuts thread already?

Fox4
No, only a Kotor2 discussion thread, this thread is specifically made for the cut material of both games.

calvin44
I really don't care about what was cut from them, if i were you i would quit whining and appreciate that they even made games as good as these.

Fox4
Originally posted by calvin44
I really don't care about what was cut from them, if i were you i would quit whining and appreciate that they even made games as good as these. Was I complaining?No.I was just posting a topic about what was cut from these two games and to discuss about it, read the first post next time will you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

calvin44
I did, I'm saying this is a useless thread, and someone should close it.

Fox4
I did, I'm saying this is a useless thread, and someone should close it. Well guess what?Nobody including the mods don't really give a crap about what you think should be closed,now either discuss the issue at which this topic is stated or go away, now thats the end of that.

Sorgo
I really don't care about what was cut from them, if i were you i would quit whining and appreciate that they even made games as good as these.

Whoa. That's way out of line.

To be honest, the thing people probably wont care about will be your personal opinion. Some people may want this thread open and some may be interested in knowing what was cut out of both Games.

No one depreciated anything.

Fox4
Thank you , Sorgo, you are a man amoung men wink

Sorgo
Originally posted by Fox4
Thank you , Sorgo, you are a man amoung men wink

Yeah, No problem.

Dark Aristokrat
I did, I'm saying this is a useless thread, and someone should close it.

Don't be a damn ass, Calvin. This is not your little playground. This thread is valid and you should respect it, whether or not you like it is not the point.

w00t2112
Can we actaully get this cut material?

Lana
There's a group working on restoring a lot of the cut material from KOTOR2 as a mod, and if you dig through the game files you can find the scripts and sound files.

calvin44
Anyone can make official threads, and i will start.

Fox4
Originally posted by Lana
There's a group working on restoring a lot of the cut material from KOTOR2 as a mod, and if you dig through the game files you can find the scripts and sound files. Correct, here is a link to the website:Link , only thing is that they are working on the material cut from K2,but K1 is alright regardless.I dug through the files of my Kotor2 for my Xbox and found a save game in the HK Factory which as you all know was cut from K2.

I'd be happy to post screens of the cut material from K1 if anyone wants me to. smile

Captain REX
Easy there, Calvin, this thread is fine. There wasn't one about the topic already, and it is a good topic because they butchered a lot from KOTOR2 for lack of time, so much to be discussed...

Fox, do you have the 'Nihilus vs. Sion' cut cutscene? I remember it being mentioned.

Fox4
Originally posted by Captain REX
Easy there, Calvin, this thread is fine. There wasn't one about the topic already, and it is a good topic because they butchered a lot from KOTOR2 for lack of time, so much to be discussed...

Fox, do you have the 'Nihilus vs. Sion' cut cutscene? I remember it being mentioned. No such thing, the only one that ONLY has Sion and Nihilus by themselves was a cutscene which has them discussing and plotting to destroy the jedi at the Trayus Core, the Devs at Obsidian gave us a complete list of what was cut, and a 'Sion vs Nihilus' cutscene wasn't on it, there is a Sion&Nihilus vs Traya cutscene though. smile

Captain REX
I heard there was some thing where Nihilus curbstomped Sion, though... confused

Oh well, do you have S&N vs. T that I could see? stick out tongue

Darth Traya
There is a "Nihilus versus Sion" cutscene. It happens after the Genoharadan quest, where your party members think you are dead. Sion tells Nihilus that their partnership is over and Nihilus basically says that he never needed Sion anyway. Sion gets pissed off, attacks Nihilus and Nihilus proceeds to toss him around like a ragdoll and basically crush him.

exanda kane
Is there any estimated time of completion for the mod? I've not checked on it in a while...

Fox4
Originally posted by Darth Traya
There is a "Nihilus versus Sion" cutscene. It happens after the Genoharadan quest, where your party members think you are dead. Sion tells Nihilus that their partnership is over and Nihilus basically says that he never needed Sion anyway. Sion gets pissed off, attacks Nihilus and Nihilus proceeds to toss him around like a ragdoll and basically crush him. Hmm, the devs never mentioned it, strange....., well at any rate thanks Traya wink , thats very interesting, Nihilus is a pushover and Sion's very hard to beat at the end but Nihilus beats Sion?Well thats odd confused .

@Exanda Kane:No estimated time as of yet, but I'm willing to wait.

w00t2112
Traya is there any chance where i can find this cutscene...?

Darth Traya
I'll try and find a link. You basically have to download it and then use the command cheats to warp to the cutscene.

Julie
actually you can have bastilla kill Carth....I dunno what all that other stuff was though. NEver heard of the possibilities...where'd ya dig up this stuff

ArthasKnight
I believe if you're a dark side female and you fall in love with Carth, he shows up after you fight Malak and tries to turn you back to the light side. Then you can kill him or have Bastila do it. I've never played a DSF game though, so I can't confirm this.

Julie
Yup...that's the way it goes....he comes back to try and save you from yourself, but watch it both ways...you can kill him yourself and Bastila comments or you can let her do the execution...it's really interesting to see it both ways. DSF is worth doing just for that...though you do have to be nice to Carth and encourage the love thread

Ganner Rhysode
Sleyhayron... Isn't that... the Hutt home world?

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Julie
Yup...that's the way it goes....he comes back to try and save you from yourself, but watch it both ways...you can kill him yourself and Bastila comments or you can let her do the execution...it's really interesting to see it both ways. DSF is worth doing just for that...though you do have to be nice to Carth and encourage the love thread

As soon as I finish my current KotOR 2 game I'll go back and do a DSF game. I wanna see this for myself.

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
Sleyhayron... Isn't that... the Hutt home world?

No, that's Nal Hutta. Slehayron is an alternate fuel source for Telos in KotOR 2 instead of Peragus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.