Ki-Adi-Mundi: is Anakin a rip-off of him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Twilight Janick
ROTS states that every person that is appointed to the Jedi Council (before Anakin was) as a Knight receives the authority of a Master effective immediately. TPM Visual Dictionary states that Ki-Adi-Mundi is the only Council member not made into a Master. What's right in that?

Council#13
No, it's just one of many of Luca's mistakes in his laziness to check anything

Cascador
It's George Lucas' Vision...it's not mentioned in the film that Ki-Adi-Mundi was a knight when he came to the council. So it's EU.

Twilight Janick
Then, canonically, Ki-Adi-Mundi became a Master as soon as he was appointed in the Council?

Cascador
probably

Twilight Janick

Alkaselzer
Ki-Adi-Mundi only has those because the Cereans have a low birthrate...or something silly like that.

In any case, Ki-Adi-Mundi was a great deal older than Anakin was when he was put on the Council. A GREAT deal...he was an old man before he became a Master.

Tangible God
Yup.

Twilight Janick
How low is a Cerean's birthrate?

henniestevens
About as low as your IQ wink

Council#13
laughing out loud good one

Captain REX
Niiiiiice.

Low enough, TJ. Must be said, he had 7 kids...he needed 4 wives, though.

Ushgarak
This is pretty simple- KAM was given a lot of backstory by the EU, which was then promptly blown out of continuity by GL.

Often happens.

Council#13
Yeah, Lucas doesnt check what his writers wrote cause he's too lazy stick out tongue

Captain REX
That, and he has a life and doesn't want to spend years crawling through every little detail every produced by authors.

Twilight Janick
How many of the 11 people (4 wives, 7 children) are Jedi?

Council#13
None.

Captain Rex, you're probably right, but i perfer my ideas of him being LAZY

exanda kane
No. Rex is outright wrong. GL has no life. big grin

Twilight Janick
GL isn't like the Star Trek scenarists and producers.

Captain REX
None of them are Jedi.

And for once, I agree with Janick. GL just works on what he creates, not what others create for him.

Council#13
Cause he's lazy??? confused

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Council#13
Cause he's lazy??? confused

Yep.

"It's George Lucas' Vision"

No offence, but you do realise that this is the same George Lucas who only included the podrace in Ep 1 so he could get a racing game deal?

Cascador
Hey it's his story and I know there are other of hundreds of writers out there with their own story, but it isn't true, cause George Lucas invented Star Wars, not those other writers, so whatever he writes is cannon. Why should he care what the other writers write about if it's his story, it's just his right to write whatever he wants to write....

right....lol

sithsaber408
RIGHT. cool

Twilight Janick
In what else is Anakin comparable to KAM?

overlord
Not being a jedi master when thrown in to the council. That is all.
Yes, it's stupid. Yes, it pointless to make a thread about it.

But hey.. We're all just human, right?

Twilight Janick
Canonically, KAM became a Master when thrown in the Council. The claim of KAM not made into a Master when thrown in the Council is entirely EU-based. But he did start out as a Knight when appointed into the Council and then made into a Master.

Can everybody tell me where in what thread can Ki-Adi-Mundi be facing AOTC or ROTS Anakin?

overlord
Yeah, to say that Lucas stole the idea for Anakin is far fetched.
It's some minor and irrelevant coincidence.

Twilight Janick
The reerse is also true, that GL may have stolen the ideas for KAM from Anakin.

overlord
Pfff.. It wasn't such a brilliant or even important idea of Anakin being in the council without being a jedi master that it should be stolen. I think Lucas made this up himself as it isn't so hard to make up.

Twilight Janick
There may have been another thing in common beyond not being a Master when appointed, they were both married.

overlord
Conclusion: Anakin, even from the OT's point of view, was still a rip-off off of Ki-Adi-Mundi.

/\ Uber logic.

Cascador
yes but Anakin was already know to be married in the ot, so that makes Ki-adi-mundi a rip off of him...does it really make a character a rip-off if they have a few things in common? come on now!

Twilight Janick
Maybe, in that case, in the OT's viewpoint, Ki-Adi-Mundi is a rip-off from Anakin.

Lee-San28
dude ki adi mundi was a master he was the best besides mace yoda obiwan and anikan. in order of council members in rots the was 5th

Cascador
yes that's why his hands got blown off on mygeetobig grin

QuincE
Because his hands got blown off doesn't mean he's the worst, Cascador.

Cascador
I didn't say he's the worst, did I....

Twilight Janick
Then, he is just below Obi-Wan.

overlord
Quit the jumping to conclusions, Janick.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Cascador
Hey it's his story and I know there are other of hundreds of writers out there with their own story, but it isn't true, cause George Lucas invented Star Wars, not those other writers, so whatever he writes is cannon. Why should he care what the other writers write about if it's his story, it's just his right to write whatever he wants to write....

right....lol

I see your point. I just don't like it when people say "It's Lucas's vision" as if Lucas is some kind of ultimate storyteller who can do no wrong. It seems like Emperor's New Clothes Syndrome to me.

Cascador
I can understand you don't like it...believe me...there are several stories I really like...but I can't consider them to be real or what they call canon cause they get in conflict with what George Lucas wrote

But they can change it..it seems for example

Before episode II...there was the story that Owen Lars is some kind of brother of Obi-Wan...now it seems he's Anakin's halfbrother...so they changed a small detail...and now say that Obi-Wan also has a brother called Owen...that's all...this is EU now...in my opinion everything that is EU is canon as long as it doesn't interfere with what George Lucas wrote. He created Star Wars and I respect that.

Twilight Janick
Which of these two visions is the more canon: Ki-Adi-Mundi being appointed in the Council and NOT made into a Master (source unknown) or all people ever appointed in the Council be made into Masters if they were not Masters at the time of their appointment, except Anakin (ROTS)?

Cascador
The second one seems to be more true now altho I'm a little doubting cause I also thought for a long time ki-adi-mundi was also a knight in the first one but I think the source is EU so it's not canon...

Master Saesee
Its very hard to belive that Ki Adi is a sex machine since he is so boring he has 4 wives 7 kids all killed during Battle of Cerea. Ki Adi cant be a sex machine he too old and boring

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Captain REX
That, and he has a life and doesn't want to spend years crawling through every little detail every produced by authors.
I'd've thought that he would pay attention to what people are doing 'in his playground', but then again, seeing how sloppy his filmmaking and attention to detail is, I think it's probably safer to say he either doesn't notice, or more likely, just doesn't care...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.