Galactus vs......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
Galactus has just consumed a planet that contained the relatives of Thanos, Darkseid, Juggernaut, SS, Superman, Thor, Gladiator, The Incredible Hulk, Champion, Captain Marvel, Onslaught, Beta Ray Bill, WW, GL (Hal), Wonder Man, MM and Doomsday. They are terribly saddened, upset, and looking for some serious retribution. mad

Let us suppose that despite their differences, they decide to team up to take the big G out, could they do it?

thesilverspider
Well...........confused
Thanos already wiped out his own home planet and most of his family.

MattDay
yea they can, because they got the big S to make the writers make them win, but its an impressive list anyway lol

BobbyD
I forgot 2 of my other fav's also that I wanted to add: Gladiator and Lobo!

Matt, Supes' writer help notwithstanding, do they have enough ammo to take down Big G.

Would it matter if he just fed also?

spideycarnage
the team will win, Onslaught(full powered with Franklin Richards) alone would give big G trouble. Superman Thor Thanos and Onslaught alone can take Galactus down, while doomsday hulk, lobo and the others eat popcorn and watch.

leonheartmm
onslaught alone kills big g

thesilverspider
Originally posted by leonheartmm
onslaught alone kills big g
laughing

BobbyD
Yikes, maybe I added to much firepower? confused

thesilverspider
What ever gave you the idea that onslaught was even powerful?

Without franklins powers he's just another loser villain.

Galactus's stronger heralds would be to much for onslaught so imagine what Galactus himself would do.

BobbyD
Silver, was that directed to me or Leon? blink

leonheartmm
erm onslaught took direct hits from thor's hammer without even his armour DENTING! n that armour wasnt even a small portion of his power{this is the same thor that regularly beats surfer. so WHAT stronger herald r u talkin about?

spideycarnage
Originally posted by thesilverspider
What ever gave you the idea that onslaught was even powerful?

Galactus's stronger heralds would be to much for onslaught so imagine what Galactus himself would do.

Onslaught cant take down Big G by himself, but he is still pretty powerful, he took on The X-Men, The Fantastic 4, The Avengers, Savage Hulk and Thor. He was conidered a global threat. Onslaught is no push over

thesilverspider
erm onslaught took direct hits from thor's hammer without even his armour DENTING! n that armour wasnt even a small portion of his power{this is the same thor that regularly beats surfer. so WHAT stronger herald r u talkin about?
laughing
You're the funniest and most clueless guy here thor has never beaten the surfer not once.unless you wanna be a lil girl and count the warrior madness thor fight.

Wow taking a shot from mjolnir is so incredible,please who hasn't taken hits from that hammer.What you think would of happend to onslaught if surfer or dr.strange where around huh.

If I remembered correctly mindless hulk was beating onslaughts ass.The same mindless hulk that gets smacked around by the surfer.

Big G>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>onslaught simple as that.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by spideycarnage
Onslaught cant take down Big G by himself, but he is still pretty powerful, he took on The X-Men, The Fantastic 4, The Avengers, Savage Hulk and Thor. He was conidered a global threat. Onslaught is no push over
Buddy we are comparing him to ****ing Galactus............

leonheartmm
mindless hulk only destroyed his ARMOUR! the resultin explosion seperated hulk n banner n onslaught became EVEN MORE POWERFUL! uve been bitten by the fanboy bug silverspider. thor IS considered more powerful than surfer n has beaten him on many occasions, even made him bleed. n mlijnor has hurt the celestials before no to mention nearly killed your precious surfer and direct hits from it couldnt even make onslaught fall let alone damage him.

spideycarnage

"What ever gave you the idea that onslaught was even powerful?

Galactus's stronger heralds would be to much for onslaught so imagine what Galactus himself would do."

dude, i agreed that onslaught would get smacked by big G. i was aruguing the fact that Onlsaught is still powerful since u stated that he was weak.

leonheartmm

the same galactus that was nearly killed by alpha flight and scared away by thor?

spideycarnage
mindless hulk only destroyed his ARMOUR! the resultin explosion seperated hulk n banner n onslaught became EVEN MORE POWERFUL! uve been bitten by the fanboy bug silverspider. thor IS considered more powerful than surfer n has beaten him on many occasions, even made him bleed. n mlijnor has hurt the celestials before no to mention nearly killed your precious surfer and direct hits from it couldnt even make onslaught fall let alone damage him.

People underestimate Thor a lot...Silver sufer even said that his mlijnor is the most powerful weapon in the universe. Also thor did wounded Glactus withhis mlijnor before.

Darth_Erebus
No, the team is powerful, but not powerful enough to take Galactus. Darkseid, Thanos, and Onslaught may give him some trouble but in the end just aren't enough. The other members of this team are mere bugs to Galactus.

BobbyD
Darth, are you sure? Even if I add Lobo and Gladiator to the scrum, it won't help? sad

golem370
Didn't the Hammer get destroyed after he used it on Exitar and then was restored afterwards by the Celestials?

spideycarnage
Thanos, Darkseid, Juggernaut, SS, Superman, Thor, Gladiator, The Incredible Hulk, Champion, Captain Marvel, Onslaught, Beta Ray Bill, WW, GL (Hal), Wonder Man, MM, Doomsday, Lobo is definalty enough to kill Galactus. Galactus is not God. Everyone in the team can hurt Galactus in some way. If they worked together they can take him down.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by golem370
Didn't the Hammer get destroyed after he used it on Exitar and then was restored afterwards by the Celestials?

Im not sure, but it was said that the hammer was supposed to be indectructable.

BobbyD
That's what I'm thinking Spidey. However, we'd need a pro for all these characters to come forward and proved some synopsis of what they'd contribute in this battle.

golem370
That team would have trouble against all of Galactus's Heralds
SIlver Surfer
Morg
Red Shift

Galactus has had people beneath him that could give that team a good fight
Stardust
Air Walker
Fallen One
Kryptonian
Terrax
Firelord
Nova
Destroyer

BobbyD
Ok, let's exclude his heralds, guys, because I did not include them in the thread.

But again, just look at the "oomph" that this lineup brings.....

Thanos
Darkseid
Juggernaut
SS
Lobo
Superman
Gladiator
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Champion
Captain Marvel
Onslaught
Beta Ray Bill
WW
GL (Hal)
Wonder Man
MM
and Doomsday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a virtual buffet of kick ass who's whos that are not skyfathers, no?

Couldn't this team wipe out a galaxy if they wanted?

spideycarnage
Originally posted by BobbyD
Ok, let's exclude his heralds, guys, because I did not include them in the thread.

Thanos
Darkseid
Juggernaut
SS
Lobo
Superman
Gladiator
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Champion
Captain Marvel
Onslaught
Beta Ray Bill
WW
GL (Hal)
Wonder Man
MM

this team would be awsome lol... u should add Dr. Stange, then they would be unstopable.

tiakocom

Thanos
Darkseid
Juggernaut
SS
Lobo
Superman
Gladiator
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Champion
Captain Marvel
Onslaught
Beta Ray Bill
WW
GL (Hal)
Wonder Man
MM

for all their strenght and powers they are not galactical threats...they can be taken down with ease by any high powered cosmic being cant think of one now but theres enough.

Darth_Erebus
Darth, are you sure? Even if I add Lobo and Gladiator to the scrum, it won't help? sad

The addition of these 2 would make no difference. Simply put, if you have 100 mice then add 2 more it will make no difference to the elephant.

Try making a team composed of say, Thanos, Darkseid, Onslaught, drop the rest of your old team and add

The Watcher
Rune King Thor
Odin
Tyrant

Now Galactus is in for a fight. The outcome us uncertain here. Your old team is composed mostly of those on a hearlds level, nothing they could do against Galactus.

You need beings on a higher level to challenge Galactus.

BobbyD
Really, Darth? sad

Darth_Erebus
Really, Darth? sad

How many Galactus comics have you read?

ZephroCarnelian
I've got a Big G comic in front of me right now.

The entire Avengers roster, the Fantastic Four and Spidey are attacking him with everything they can...

And doing nothing...

Reed sends him packing into his ship using a 'Photon Drill.'

BobbyD
Enough to know he is a bad***. Why do you think I matched up so many hi powered characters against him? I think it's still a possibility they could take him, but perhaps I'm doing some wishful thinking? erm

outarddwarf
if thor alone scared galactus away with one godforce blast what is to stop all these muthas from combining strength to destroy the big G!

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by outarddwarf
if thor alone scared galactus away with one godforce blast what is to stop all these muthas from combining strength to destroy the big G!

In "Galactus the Devourer" a large number of earths heros including Thor, The Silver Surfer, all the Avengers, The Fantastic Four, and a large number of others, teamed up against an extremely weak Galactus and could do nothing against him. Galactus DID withdraw to his ship but it was simply to draw the Silver Surfer to him.

Simply put, Galactus is on a different level than the team assembled. Even a weakened Galactus could take them.

BobbyD
miffed sad

Ex11B
good thread...... cool

BobbyD
Well, I have 2 wild cards in my back pocket for the non-believers. But, it could still be that with the addition of these 2, it may still not be enough? Eh, who knows.

I'm granting everyone the "to each their own" on this thread.

Darth_Erebus
miffed sad

So Bobby......what do you have against Galactus. I could understand this if say, there were 15 threads a day devoted to him as with Wolverine but there aren't.

Why not just put him up against say.... The Living Tribunal, and get it over with?

Or do you just want to see a team of weaker beings prevail?

BobbyD
I'd like to see a team of weaker opponents prevail. I have no disdain for the Big G, to be honest, Darth. ....just more or less curious as to what limits he has (if any) if he were take on a motley crew of lesser beings.

wink cool

jasofisc
onslaught is a lot more powerfull then a lot of people on this forum give him credit. We found out in the end that onslaught was playing pretty much every hero on earth for fools to give him more power. That he could have destroyed them at anytime. we learn this from reed in onslaught:marvel universe. However even he is nothing compaired to a full power galactus.

complexbrother
A just fully fed Galactus ??? the only ones who could even make him notice them are Darkseid, Thanos, maby Onslaught, and Silver Surfer. the rest are nothing but cannon fodder

Galactus is a universal being (thats beyond a Galixy class being) the people you are pitting him aginst are planet busters at best. except for Onslaught and Darkseid (who are skyfather level) . Fully fed, it'll take a abstract being to give the big G a proper battle.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by golem370

It did, mainly because it couldn't take the punishment from chanelling the the god blast multiplied twice by Thor's belt of power.

Then Exitar fixed it for him

outarddwarf
I doubt that Galactus when he has fully enraged hulk, the unstoppable juggernaut, superman, lobo, champion and gladiator all pounding on him in unison, maybe at the joints or somthing to do damage, that he will ignore it!

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by outarddwarf
I doubt that Galactus when he has fully enraged hulk, the unstoppable juggernaut, superman, lobo, champion and gladiator all pounding on him in unison, maybe at the joints or somthing to do damage, that he will ignore it!

A weakened Galactus consumes worlds. Galactus already destroyed galaxies in his battle with Tyrant. The Watcher has stated a fully powered Galactus can destroy the universe. Beings like Superman, Gladiator, etc are no more than annoyances against power like that.

leonheartmm
u forget that it took him MILLINIA to destroy galaxies in his fight with tyrant, thas THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

BobbyD
Okay, it seems to most that I still do not enough fire power, with the array of superheroes and villians I've amassed.

Does adding Flash and Doctor Strange make a dent? Those were my 2 wild cards. And I have one more trick up my sleave, and that's it.

But before you answer, I was wondering if some of the beings I already had could get together and come up with some celestial tech or power if they combined their powers, ie SS, GL (Hal) w/ Darkseid and Thanos' influence? If still no. Then what about the addition of Doctor Strange combined with these guys' powers and intelligence.

After that, I only have one trick left. sad

leonheartmm
people should understand that it is not galactus's POWER that is on a universal scale it is his PURPOSE.

BobbyD
Leon, just as Jim Carrey said in Dumb n' Dumber: "so you're saying I have a chance?!" wink

Darth_Erebus
Flash makes no difference, BUT, you can add Dr Strange to Darkseid/Thanos/Onslaught as those whom Galactus has to at least notice.

Darth_Erebus
people should understand that it is not galactus's POWER that is on a universal scale it is his PURPOSE.

Galactus power may not be on par with the upper level abstracts such as HOTU or LT but he's lightyears above the likes of Superman, Hulk, etc.

leonheartmm
erm atleast NOTCIE?! r u freakin insane, dr strange is WAYYYYYY above galactus currently, he resisted the damn tribunal for petes sake, not to mention defeated death twice, resisted the infinite gauntlet, n defeated the inbetweener twice, oh n yea, even in his weaker showings, he made galactus flee earth from terror.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Galactus power may not be on par with the upper level abstracts such as HOTU or LT but he's lightyears above the likes of Superman, Hulk, etc.

understood, against the likes of SUPERMAN N HULK, hes way overpowered, but think about it, gladiater, surfer,thor, SENTRY N GENIS VELL! among all the others, i dont think he has too much of a chance.

Darth_Erebus
erm atleast NOTCIE?! r u freakin insane, dr strange is WAYYYYYY
above galactus currently,

laughing

he resisted the damn tribunal for petes sake,

Resisted? So What

not to mention defeated death twice,

You mean stalemated death, not defeated it, something Galactus has also done

he made galactus flee earth from terror.

When was this

leonheartmm
i dont remember galactus ever beating death, n death herself admitted that she lost but added that she could lose a million other fights like that while strange could lose only ONE. n i dont remember when it was but i remember that the FF were fightin galactus when strange made an appearance.

DarkCrawler
I think this is FULL POWER Galactus we are talking about. Strange has only beaten the weakened one.

leonheartmm
yea but FULL POWER galactus still doesnt compare to the inbetweener does he, let alone, beings like, zom, shuma gorath{well he just barely comes equal}, full power dormammu. death, laster order, lord chaos, the infinite gauntlet's wielder, n THE LIVIND TRIBUNAL!

DarkCrawler
Full Power Galactus is one of the five primal forces if the Universe.

Onslaught just doesn't compare.

Darth_Erebus
i dont remember galactus ever beating death, n death herself admitted that she lost but added that she could lose a million other fights like that while strange could lose only ONE. n i dont remember when it was but i remember that the FF were fightin galactus when strange made an appearance.

You're referring to the issue of the FF in the early 80s where the Avengers joined the FF and Strange to fight an extremely weak Galactus who was already near death. Strange hardly defeated Galactus on his own there and most certainly didn't drive him from earth "fleeing in terror".

BobbyD
Guys, we're straying. Let's try to keep to the topic. Does adding Flash and Strange make a difference-along with everyone else. Can they combine some from of astral tech to take G down?

spideycarnage
Guys, we're straying. Let's try to keep to the topic. Does adding Flash and Strange make a difference-along with everyone else. Can they combine some from of astral tech to take G down?

Adding flash really wont make a diffrence, is like me or you fighting a annyoing fly(flash)..but dr.strange can make a diffrence for the team..shields for everyone!

BobbyD
Spidey, the addition of Strange's magic wielding powers you think can turn the tide?

Lord Magnus
The original team could probably take him down... no offense to Galactus but Onslaught? Darkseid? Thanos? Superman? These could take him. And remember Flash w/ no legs and one arm vs. Batman and Wolverine? I hate Flash but he can take down basically whoever.

BobbyD
Okay, so here's what we've got:

Originally,

Darkseid Juggernaut
SS Lobo
Superman Gladiator
Thor The Incredible Hulk
Champion Captain Marvel
Onslaught Beta Ray Bill
WW GL (Hal)
Wonder Man MM
Doomsday Wonder Man

plus Flash and Doctor Strange.

Any other opinions out there?
confused

TheKahn
Maybe Wonder Woman's God Wave, Thor's God Blast, Darksied's Omega Blast, and Dr. Strange's & Thanos' most powerful blast combined might do something. The problem is that all of the physical guys are just about useless.

BobbyD
Any other opinions out there? I really do have a stacked lineup against the Big G. confused

venomslash
gladiator and silversurfer. and if apocalypse could go out into space he might have a chance at him. but ive never seen him go out of the earth.

spideycarnage
add phoinex to the team

DrDoom101
onslaught doesnt even have a family...wait, does he?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.