I'm pretty sure Anakin could've killed Obi-Wan...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faroth
I might've missed something, but in the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight scene, I think Anakin could've killed Obi-Wan. Remember the part where Anakin jams Obi-Wan's lightsaber into Obi-Wan's neck? If he'd ignited it, couldn't it have killed him? I mean the blade would have extended right into Obi-Wan's neck. Maybe it was the other end of the hilt, but it looked kinda like the emmiter side...

Darth Faunus
He never jams it into Obi-Wan's neck. . .

Faroth
I thought I saw him jam a lightsaber hilt into Obi-Wan's neck...

Jedi Priestess
You saw wrong, and if Anakin could have killed Obi-Wan he would have.

((The_Anomaly))
What the f**k?

Cascador
He could have, but he was overconfident just like all the other Sith...

Captain REX
If they fight had continued past where it ended...Anakin would have prevailed eventually.

4:20!

ladyjedi05
I totally agree with you Jedi Priestess~ If he could have ~ he would have...

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
He never jams it into Obi-Wan's neck. . . but thank god he didnt jam it in other places shifty

Faroth
Lol.

No, I mean like he jabbed the hilt into Obi-Wan's neck... Not like down his neck or anything, but I guess I DID see wrong...

SS_181st_Snow
If you mean when Anakin is on Obi-Wan and pushing the lightsaber back towards him, that's all I can think of.

I think the only problem with the duel was, Why didn't Anakin just jump on the bank, not like right next to the lava, but lower than Obi-Wan, and just run up and attack him again? I would've done that atleast, unless he thought the Highground line was a challenge.

Also, as I said, when he was pushing Obi-Wan's hand down, does it look like he mouths "**** you" when he moves his lips? Or is it just me?

General Envy
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
If you mean when Anakin is on Obi-Wan and pushing the lightsaber back towards him, that's all I can think of.

I think the only problem with the duel was, Why didn't Anakin just jump on the bank, not like right next to the lava, but lower than Obi-Wan, and just run up and attack him again? I would've done that atleast, unless he thought the Highground line was a challenge.

Also, as I said, when he was pushing Obi-Wan's hand down, does it look like he mouths "**** you" when he moves his lips? Or is it just me?

Cause, Anakin would slip down to the lava if he done that.

Lana

I think he was trying to regain the high ground himself....but he failed.

And many people have noticed that wink

chilled monkey

I think that's kind of the idea. If Anakin had kept his cool he'd have done something like that. But he got mad, lost his cool and Obi-Wan took full advantage. Hence, don't give in to anger as you'll make mistakes.

NoFate007
That's what I think.

Anakin had the potential to kill Obi-Wan, and was the better fighter, but Obi-Wan's quick thinking and wisdom surpases Anakin and he can concentrate better, so while Anakin by sheer force could have destroyed Kenobi, Obi-Wan was smart enough to fight with his mind, and Anakin's eventual downfall was his inability to push his emotions aside and clear his thoughts - which he does and that's why he kicks the hell out of Kenobi in ANH.

overlord
It's a lightsaber fight. Anyone could have taken chances, anyone could've slipped up.

Tangible God
I just watched ROTS, and to this thread's topic:

He didn't push the saber into Obi-Wan's neck. It was RIGHT below his neck. He wasn't choking him with the saber, but if he had turned it on he would have stabbed right through Obi's head.

darht dude
Well Faroth if anikin killed obi-wan it wuold totally screw-up episodes #'s 4,5 and 6!

Duh!

Faroth
Darth, that's one of the reasons this forum is for. To discuss what might of happened if someone did something differently.

Here's a picture to show you what I mean. It's a little distorted though...

truejedi
refresh my memory though, what it is that he does instead of turning it on?
another though, obi wan could've sliced anakin from head to toe when he first jumped on the droid that obi was on, anakin had to catch his balance, and left himself wide open.

Tangible God
Instead of turning it on, Anakin just chokes Obi with it.

And Obi COULD have got Anakin when Anakin jumped, but then Anakin would have went flying into the lava and that would end Vader's legacy real quick.

Sesse

Tangible God
Movie necessity...sadly.

JaehSkywalker
DIdn't bother to read the former ones...

Anakin couldve killed obi but he was blinded by the dark side making him more aggressive and destroying his concentration and obi defeated him.

but, after all, thats only and insight...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.