Captain Britain vs. Guardian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King_Mungi
The two leaders of their two domestic teams, which one prevails? This is Guardian as in Mac with his electromagnetic suit.

Dizzle
I'm inclined to say Guardian, assuming Captain Britain is Excaliburless... It should be quite a fight though. Good matchup.

This is just Alpha Flight propoganda, isn't it... There's mind control hidden here that makes you go post in the respeck thread after posting here isn't there... SWEET!

King_Mungi
*whispers go post in the respect thread*....no not at allsmile

Also yeah Britain doesn't have Excalibur, just both of them in their standard base forms.

Scoobless
you should have made it the Geothermal suit..... just so Warlock can see what he might've had to face in the tourney.... if his team wasn't going to be eviscerated in the first round i mean

evil face

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Scoobless
you should have made it the Geothermal suit..... just so Warlock can see what he might've had to face in the tourney.... if his team wasn't going to be eviscerated in the first round i mean

evil face

Your a sick bastard, but I like your style. Who wins this though?

Adam Warlock

evil face

Hehe... Not with my other characters backing him. Good luck to you Scoob. evil face

Two of my characters are gonna be a bit tricky for ol bucket head to overcome.

BRITAIN WINS!!!

2 times out of 10... sad

Scoobless
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Hehe... Not with my other characters backing him. Good luck to you Scoob. embarrasment

Two of my characters are gonna be a bit tricky for ol bucket head to overcome. no

not to start the match prematurely.... but what makes you think i'm going to be relying on Iron Man to do all the heavy lifting?

cool

Scoobless
stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Well I guess I will add my two cents, I say Guardian wins.

He has a wide variety of attacks, from flares, sonic, electromagnetic beams, acid blast, with escape velocity speed. I think it would overwhelm Britain.

roughrider
CB has Guardian outmatched in raw strength, but Guardian has lots of energy projection, and Brian Braddock doesn't fight with a coherent plan most of the time. Inclined to say draw.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by roughrider
CB has Guardian outmatched in raw strength, but Guardian has lots of energy projection, and Brian Braddock doesn't fight with a coherent plan most of the time. Inclined to say draw.

Well Guardian has gone toe to toe with Wonderman in a straight up fist fight. Also Mac has a computer mind, so tactics wise Mac wins in that regard.

King_Mungi
1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight127-07.jpg
2. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight127-08.jpg
3. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight127-13.jpg

and she was holding backsmile

soleran30
LOL Simon was still using rockets for flight thoughsmile

King_Mungi
Originally posted by soleran30
LOL Simon was still using rockets for flight thoughsmile

Well Heather didn't use her escape velocity speed or her other abilities so hah! stick out tongue

soleran30
yeah and he didn't even turn blue for that little scufflesmile Anyway Captain Britain would lose to Guardian's power abilities.............most bricks never do very well against energy manipulator types unless the SUPER outclass themsmile

King_Mungi
Originally posted by soleran30
yeah and he didn't even turn blue for that little scufflesmile

Yeah I think at that time he couldn't go in ionic state just yet, but I could be wrong. Heck, Guardian has taken down Galactus smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yeah I think at that time he couldn't go in ionic state just yet, but I could be wrong. Heck, Guardian has taken down Galactus smile

Wonder Man didn't change to his blue/purple ionic state until Avengers Volume 3 (the run after heroes reborn) Wanda dragged him back to life (turned out later to possibly be a ploy by the Grim Reaper) but when he came back he was all purple and glowing..... and able to fly unaided as well

Current Wonder Man would kick older Wonder Man's ass

King_Mungi
Wonder Man didn't change to his blue/purple ionic state until Avengers Volume 3 (the run after heroes reborn) Wanda dragged him back to life (turned out later to possibly be a ploy by the Grim Reaper) but when he came back he was all purple and glowing..... and able to fly unaided as well

Current Wonder Man would kick older Wonder Man's ass

Old WW could still press thousand of tons, so he's not a weakling. Regardless were going off-topic, maybe a Guardian vs. Wonderman thread will be made later.

Warmonger
I don't care for either one of these guys. But captain Britain is everything guardian is and then some.

Even though I think Guradian is faster. But interms of strentgh and druability Britain is much better than guradian.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Warmonger
I don't care for either one of these guys. But captain Britain is everything guardian is and then some.

Even though I think Guradian is faster. But interms of strentgh and druability Britain is much better than guradian.

How do you even think Cap could beat Guardian? and then some? Guardian has powers Cap dreams of having.

Scoobless
Old WW could still press thousand of tons, so he's not a weakling. Regardless were going off-topic, maybe a Guardian vs. Wonderman thread will be made later.

Just informing the masses of when WM's change to Purple WM took place

smile

i don't know enough about the Guardian Elactro Magnetic suit to pick a definite winner here.... but i'll go with Britain for now (just to annoy Mungi)

stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Just informing the masses of when WM's change to Purple WM took place

smile

i don't know enough about the Guardian Elactro Magnetic suit to pick a definite winner here.... but i'll go with Britain for now (just to annoy Mungi)

stick out tongue

That's fine, guy is underated

Well he has taken down Galactus on his own, and as Heather said if you have a brain she can shut it down with her blast. With shields Guardian just has to learn the frequency it goes by, just like he did against a person impersonating Doom with his armor and broke though it and started to choke him out.

Scoobless
Well he has taken down Galactus on his own

there was a mixed Avengers A-Flight team of about 20 guys wasn't there? and Galactus's powers were affected by being in another dimension (i think)

but saying an EMP can take out Galactus is a retarded move on the part of Marvel.... don't they think any of the planets G has eaten would have tried that before? considering a lot of them are far in advance of Earth tech levels

King_Mungi
there was a mixed Avengers A-Flight team of about 20 guys wasn't there? and Galactus's powers were affected by being in another dimension (i think)

but saying an EMP can take out Galactus is a retarded move on the part of Marvel.... don't they think any of the planets G has eaten would have tried that before? considering a lot of them are far in advance of Earth tech levels

Yep, and they didn't do anything. He couldn't do most of his cosmic blasts, but still had his physical power.

It disrupted his internal flow, also yeah your right and Guardian is a product of that. He became a cyborg thanks to an advanced alien race found him on the Jupiter moon, they were the ones who gave him his computer mind.

King_Mungi
Basically they made him to combat Galactus:
http://www.alphaflight.net/character_overviews/guardian1/
"To Heather it appeared that Hudson had been atomized, with only ashes left behind. I truth what had happened, was that Hudson opened a rift in space and time, transporting him to Jupiter's seventh, and largest moon Ganymede. Not only was Mac transported in space, but also in time; Hudson had traveled back in time ten thousand years. Beneath the frozen surface of the moon, was an outpost for an alien race called the Qwrlln. The Qwrlln found Hudson, and using their advance technology sought to heal him. Not being familiar with human physiology, the Qwrlln assumed his battle suit was a part of his body. In healing him, they integrated his suite with his physiology, and nervous system. During that time they also built into Hudson's computer systems, a fail safe for themselves. Should they ever be under threat of their greatest fear, Galactus, Hudson would be their Secret Weapon."

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Labyrinth/5525/jmh.html
"In actuality Hudson managed to channel the blast to create a spatial rift. He plunged through the rift to Ganymede, the largest of Jupiter's moons. There he was found by an outpost of the alien race called the Qu'wrlln. The aliens managed to save his life, but as they had never seen a human being before they didn't realize that his armor was not a natural part of his body. So they made a working synthesis of technological and organic systems, rendering Hudson a cyborg. When Hudson used the Qu'wrlln's scanning technology to check on Earth he discovered that the rift had taken him through time as well as space. Wishing to further aid their new friend the Qu'wrlln put James in suspended animation to await the proper time to go home.
The Qu'wrlln, however, were a race with a paranoid fear of Galactus, the world eater. When in recent human history Galactus was turned away from the Earth by super-humans, the Qu'wrlln were amazed. They decided to turn Hudson, who was still in suspended animation, into their agent in Earth's super-hero community. If Galactus ever troubled them they would use James to get super-human help. To this end they made modifications to the computer part of Hudson's cyborg mind. This would have severe repercussions for James later."

Warmonger
How do you even think Cap could beat Guardian? and then some? Guardian has powers Cap dreams of having.

Abah? If you didn't think Cap had even a 50/50 shot at beating Guradian then why would you bother posting?

The way I look at it.

Strentgh: Far as I know Guradian is stronge but Britain is much stronger somehwere int he lower 100ton range. If he hist Mack he is going to feel it and you know why...

Durability: Guradian's suit is pretty tuff but Britain uses a forcefeild which can take some serious punishment at the very least. Guradian got takenout by being slammed into a wall by northstar.

Speed: This is the only area I am certain that Guardian would have an advantage over Britain because he can seemingly teleport by stoping his movment. I don't know how or if he cna use this to his advantage to maintain a speed advantage over Britain who can fly pretty damn fast himself.

Don't forget that Britain can use his forcefeild at range as a ranged weapon.

Captain Britain 6/10

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Warmonger
Abah? If you didn't think Cap had even a 50/50 shot at beating Guradian then why would you bother posting?

The way I look at it.

Strentgh: Far as I know Guradian is stronge but Britain is much stronger somehwere int he lower 100ton range. If he hist Mack he is going to feel it and you know why...

Durability: Guradian's suit is pretty tuff but Britain uses a forcefeild which can take some serious punishment at the very least. Guradian got takenout by being slammed into a wall by northstar.

Speed: This is the only area I am certain that Guardian would have an advantage over Britain because he can seemingly teleport by stoping his movment. I don't know how or if he cna use this to his advantage to maintain a speed advantage over Britain who can fly pretty damn fast himself.

Don't forget that Britain can use his forcefeild at range as a ranged weapon.

Captain Britain 6/10

I never said Guardian would win 10/10, just to point out Guardian has fought people like him before and prevailed. I thought you were implying that brute strength wins this with ease ie 10/10.

Yep Britain clearly outmatches him in strength.

Oh that was pis, and BTW he wasn't knocked out. Northstar took apart the suit, since back in the day Mac told him how to do it. Like I said PIS stick out tongue . Guardian has taken hits from Sasqautch, Colossus, Wonder man, Great Beasts, Wendigo, etc. and was still fine.

No he can't do it like a constant speed like Northstar, but he can do something like this.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Alpha_Flight_v1_090_03.jpg

I know, like I said once Guardian knows the frequence he can penetrate it just like he did against Doom. How long that would take is the question

King_Mungi
...and as Heather said if you have a brain she can shut it down with her blast.

Here is a scan of Mac sending out a wide-spread EM field that disrupts the people's neural functions making them immobile.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/alpha_flight_93_Mac.jpg

streekz
think guardian wud win but it b different story wiv excalibur.
can i ask u post this versus thread and wen sum one says cap britain wud win u post sum of guardians feats to defend him. so were are the cap britain feats?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by streekz
think guardian wud win but it b different story wiv excalibur.
can i ask u post this versus thread and wen sum one says cap britain wud win u post sum of guardians feats to defend him. so were are the cap britain feats?

Yeah with Excalibur, Britian would win. I hope he goes back to that, I'm not a fan of the new Excalibur series.

Post issue #'s of his best feats and I will try to get them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.