The Flash vs Silver Surfer in a race

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LJ27
Wally West Flash versus Silver Surfer in a race who wins?

supervenom
Depends. If it is in the DC Universe, Flash easily, even Quicksilver coming into it with his power. Flash has the Speed Force which governs the entire DC Universes. Quicksilver just has genetic reasons for his speed, not actual Force or Power from the Universe.

If it is in Marvel Universe, Quicksilver wins because without the Speedforce, which is in DC Uni, Flash is basically a normal human.

If it is equal, meaning Flash can use the power, Flash still wins by a long shot.

Timslar
The SILVER SURFER, I'd say. I hear he goes many times the speed of light, and the Flash doesn't go quite that fast, they just use their speeds differently.

jacobo0o
quick silver?? wat??

superman420sexy
flash would smoke quicksilver like some shit, but silver surfer can fly much faster than wally can run. (I think?) Imagine if superman had the speedforce so he could use his fullspeed in an atmosphere(the speedforce protects you from the friction and keeps you from getting burnt up). It wouldn't make supes much faster, but he would be able to use that lightspeed of his on Earth, instead of being about twice as fast as quicksilver on Earth cuz of that dam atmosphere. Superman would be unstoppable if he could use his fullspeed on Earth without getting burnt up.

supervenom
O man, I am sorry guys. This is the second misreading I made today. Sorry again!

Hrmm Flash vs Silver Surfer....can Silver Surfer go so fast that he can make the world go backwards? If not, Flash wins this.

BTW, superman doesn't need to worry about getting burnt up, his skin makes up for it smile

superman420sexy
nah as strong as he may be, he still would get burnt up. He can't move lightspeed on earth.. no one could ouutside the speed force. While in an atmosphere, it would be like getting hit with millions of godblasts every second if you were to move lightspeed without the speedforce. Its all those little air molecules hitting you like every second. you would go 299,792,458 miles in that one second. So while goin that speed, you have a number of molecules hitting you superfast that can't even be counted. It's well past a googleplex i would imagine

supervenom
Hrmm...is it possible for Flash to run in the air if he is going really fast? Sort of like a ground would be created below him because of the speed. Also do we know how fast the speed force goes up to?

Magee
Originally posted by supervenom
Depends. If it is in the DC Universe, Flash easily, even Quicksilver coming into it with his power. Flash has the Speed Force which governs the entire DC Universes. Quicksilver just has genetic reasons for his speed, not actual Force or Power from the Universe.

If it is in Marvel Universe, Quicksilver wins because without the Speedforce, which is in DC Uni, Flash is basically a normal human.

If it is equal, meaning Flash can use the power, Flash still wins by a long shot. Dunno why QS was brought into this but Flash is still fast in the Marvel universe, faster still than QS.

Originally posted by superman420sexy
nah as strong as he may be, he still would get burnt up. He can't move lightspeed on earth.. no one could ouutside the speed force. While in an atmosphere, it would be like getting hit with millions of godblasts every second if you were to move lightspeed without the speedforce. Its all those little air molecules hitting you like every second. you would go 299,792,458 miles in that one second. So while goin that speed, you have a number of molecules hitting you superfast that can't even be counted. It's well past a googleplex i would imagine wow, air molecules? The only reason Supes doesn't travel near the speed of light on earth is because he don't want to damage the environment. Imagine flying through Metropolis at 180,000mp/s, total destruction.

Hrmm...is it possible for Flash to run in the air if he is going really fast? Sort of like a ground would be created below him because of the speed. Also do we know how fast the speed force goes up to? blink no.
The speed force goes up to no speed. Flash is able to travel at many times the speed of light using the Speed Force. It also allows him to Time Travel which is why Wally wins tbh.

supervenom
blink no

Reason is because when you go at fast speeds, it creates a force around you. That is why I am asking, "Is it possible for him to run in air since there will be a force on the bottom if his feet.

Magee

blink no

Reason is because when you go at fast speeds, it creates a force around you. That is why I am asking, "Is it possible for him to run in air since there will be a force on the bottom if his feet. Once again... No.

superman420sexy
Dude the friction from these air molecules is enough to burn up rocks the size of texas in seconds, and they are not traveling anywhere near the speed of light. Even someone like galactus would be burnt up traveling the speed of light in an atmosphere like Earth's. Flash can do it because the speed force protects you from the friction. And the speed of light is way faster than 180,000 miles per second. It is 299,792,458 miles per second. And yes once you reach mach 7 you are no longer running but flying. So wally could definatelly fly.

Magee

Dude the friction from these air molecules is enough to burn up rocks the size of texas in seconds, and they are not traveling anywhere near the speed of light. Even someone like galactus would be burnt up traveling the speed of light in an atmosphere like Earth's. Flash can do it because the speed force protects you from the friction. And the speed of light is way faster than 180,000 miles per second. It is 299,792,458 miles per second. And yes once you reach mach 7 you are no longer running but flying. So wally could definatelly fly. Oh, ok where to start. I don't understand the bit about Texas and rocks moving at light speed so i'll skip that. Galactus? Why bring him into this lol thats a bit weird. And I understand what ur saying about the friction and "burning up" but do not forget that Supes has a protective force field around his body which grants him his invulnerability. You're explanation about the air molecules bit was rather... blink

superman420sexy
I'm saying some meteors start out the size of texas(ok maby not but maby the size of rhode island lol) and reach the ground either the size of a pebble, or no longer existant. And they are NOT moving anywhere near lightspeed. I heard superman, even with his aura, just couldn't do it. And he would be able to keep it under his control. With his reaction timing, he could move lightspeed for like a millionth of a second so he only was right behind someone instantly(so he wouldn't be doing crazy damage to a city, so if he could do it he prolly would vbut I have never seen him even try to do it outside of space) and all that jazz but I just don't think he can do it. Maby he can but I doubt it.

supervenom
Ah thanks Superman, that is exactly what I was thinking. Time to do research on Mach 7 principles smile

Also, does this mean that he no longer is able to run on the ground? Wouldn't the force automatically levitate him because of the force building around the body? Or is his body relatively in a normal state (like just standing around) because to begin with, he already has a force field while running, therefore within the field, no forces affect him.

superman420sexy
Well the speed creates some kind of lift or something.. uhm he's got the speedforce he can do whatever he wants i guess lol i dunno I'm not a flash genius or anything

Dizzle
SUperman's durable to the point where air friction of any amount really won't phase him. It's more about his surroundings. The massive amount of force that his running would generate would blow up cities that he passed through. People would explode, buildings would collapse, and when he stopped, he'd send a wave of destruction out in front of him. It's not that he can't go faster in the atmosphere, but the consequences of doing so would be pretty bad.

Anyhoo, back to Surfer vs. Flash. Which has been done many many times... Surfer starts out way the heck faster than Wally. Flash has to accelerate, hit lightspeed, and enter the Speedforce. It wouldn't take a "long" time, but it would take about the same amount of time for Surfer to get thousands of miles worth of a head start. Barring time travel (which both can do) Surfer should win anything that isn't something crazy like crossing a thousand galaxies. Flash should eventually catch up, but it would take a very long time. Respect Silver Surfer.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/InfinityGauntlet4p35.jpg http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/InfinityGauntlet4p36.jpg http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/InfinityGauntlet4p37.jpg

Notice he does that in the time it takes for Thanos to throw a single punch... Notice how Thanos reacts fast enough to pull his hand out of the way, and notice the utter badassery of Cap just standing there an inch and a quarter of a second from being vaporized.

Respect Surfer. Respect Cap. But most of all... Respect Thanos's backhand.

supervenom
Respect Surfer. Respect Cap. But most of all... Respect Thanos's backhand.

O man, I couldn't have said that any better. Nice scans, and the power of Thanos is great.

THANOS REIGNS!

Magee
I'm saying some meteors start out the size of texas(ok maby not but maby the size of rhode island lol) and reach the ground either the size of a pebble, or no longer existant. And they are NOT moving anywhere near lightspeed. I heard superman, even with his aura, just couldn't do it. And he would be able to keep it under his control. With his reaction timing, he could move lightspeed for like a millionth of a second so he only was right behind someone instantly(so he wouldn't be doing crazy damage to a city, so if he could do it he prolly would vbut I have never seen him even try to do it outside of space) and all that jazz but I just don't think he can do it. Maby he can but I doubt it. Wtf. M8 you just seem to spew forth complete and utter bs. No meteors around the size of Texas have ever fallen through the Earths atmosphere (in recent yrs). If this happened we would not be here rite now, as it would not burn up any significant amount while crashing through the atmosphere, seeing as they travel around 300,000mph.

Trust me Superman could fly hella fast on Earth (maybe not lightspeed, but close), he just choses not to because as I said before it would wreak havoc on his surroundings.

Flash wins stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.