Rogue- Jet Li/Jason Statham

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
The Transporter star Jason Statham is teaming up with Jet Li again in an action-thriller called the Rogue, according to Production Weekly. Statham previously starred together with Li in The One.

Music video director Philip Atwell will make his feature helming debut. Corey Yuen, who directed Statham in The Transporter, is choreographing and directing the action scenes.

The storyline centers on Jack Crawford (Statham), whose partner Tom Lone and Lone's family are killed by an assassin for the Chang crime family. Crawford becomes obsessed with finding the elusive and brutal killer, Rogue (Li).

Production is scheduled to begin in March on location in Vancouver

king_arthur
Jason Statham vs Jet Li. This movie will kick serious ass.

Fearless will be Li's last martial arts movie. Not his last action movie, as he specified before.

lordofwar
New "Rogue" Pics: Jason Statham Takes On Jet Li

http://www.joblo.com/upcomingmovies/oneimage.php?id=49314&movie_id=778

http://www.joblo.com/upcomingmovies/oneimage.php?id=49315&movie_id=778

http://www.joblo.com/upcomingmovies/oneimage.php?id=49316&movie_id=778

T.M
The plot sounds really very poor.

Wolfie
It's a kung fu movie, why are you worried about plot?

Deathblow
It's American, being made by a music video director, and stars Jason Statham. It will not be a kung-fu movie.

T.M
Originally posted by Wolfie

I am not 'worried' about it... I'm just saying the plot sounds poor.

I don't think I will go to see this though.. Doesn't sound very interesting

Thorinn
I'll see it, if for no other reason than the fight between Li and Statham.

Dusty
Originally posted by T.M
I am not 'worried' about it... I'm just saying the plot sounds poor.

I don't think I will go to see this though.. Doesn't sound very interesting

I think it sounds rather interesting.

T.M
Originally posted by Dusty
I think it sounds rather interesting.

Are you going to go watch it ?

I don't think I have ever gone to watch a Jet Li movie in the cinema.. messed

ariwin
Originally posted by Wolfie

QFT.

So true.

Looks awesome though.

Jason Statham = the man.

wonner
that's an interesting duo

office jesus
It looks like it'll probably be shit. I'll end up going to see it anyway.

lordofwar
I found a pretty good interview
Rotten Tomatoes: Can you describe your role in the movie? Can you describe your role in the movie?

Jet Li: I cannot say too much. If you know, it's not fun anymore.

RT: But you are playing a bad guy?

JL: It really depends on your point of view.

RT: Since the movie pits you against Jason , who do you think the audience will root for?

JL: I don't know. Ask them! (laughs)

RT: How is it working with Jason?

JL: We worked together before on "The One." But on this film, we haven't met yet because the two characters haven't been in the same scene. In maybe another two weeks we will work together a lot.

RT: You have worked with Corey Yuen for over a decade. What is it about him that made your relationship special?

JL: When you have a friend you work with for 15 years, you become like brothers.

RT: Why do you think of all the Asian actors, you and Jackie are the more successful?

JL: I should ask you (laughs). You know the American audience better than me, why they watch Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies. The audience makes the decision of what kind of actor they want to watch. I always have said in the last 20 years, the real boss is the audience.

RT: You said you no longer want to do epic martial art movies. Do you want to focus more on action or more on drama?

JL: I really want to retire. (laughs) I think "Fearless" is the last one. I won't do martial arts movies anymore. But in my mind, martial arts movies are martial arts movies and action is action. It's quite different, because martial arts doesn't just have physical form; you have a philosophy, internal and external. A lot of it involves your life. How you see the world. An action film I think is just about the movement. I think it's different.

RT: Why did you decide not to do any more martial arts movies, is it because you've done so many?

JL: I put a lot of energy into "Fearless." I've said what I wanted to say about martial arts in that film; why I learned martial arts, what is martial arts, martial arts in life.

RT: You've been talking about making "Monk In New York" for a while. What is the status on that?

JL: I'm still trying to make it, even with no studio involved. I talk about making a movie with a story about heart, without a lot of violent action in it. Not many studios want to make it. I'm still working on it.

RT: What kind of movies would you like to make in the future after "Rogue"?

JL: I really don't know. "Monk In New York" you already know about. I want to make that. I already found a director, Wayne Wang. He's a wonderful director, and I really appreciate his work. Two years already and we're still putting the pieces together."
Related News Articles to Rogue (2007)

lordofwar
I hope this movie isn't like Romeo Must Die.

king_arthur
Does anyone know when the trailer is coming out.

vintageSW77
Statham should stick to the Kit Kat adverts and his expertise on "the Salmon"

lordofwar
I heard that there were positive reviews from the screening.

Pandemoniac
Statham can act and he sure can fight. It's just that after Snatch he made the mistake to take dumb parts in dumb hollywood movies, the fame got over his head I guess.
Doesn't matter, he still has it in him to perform well in a good and suitable role. And I sure would like to see a fight between him and Li!
Li is fancy fast, very technical and all, but Statham has 40 pounds over Li, was a Olympic swimmer and has a black belt under his sleeve as well.

History Buff
Ever since i saw Li in Lethal Weapon4 i kept hoping he would play another bad guy. He's so good at it, looks like this will be another bad guy rrole for him. RomeoMustDie was ok,but what was just terrible was Cradle to the Grave; god i hope itsnot as bad as that piece of crap!!!

lordofwar
Aparrently "Rogue" is renamed "War." I dont really like that title. That title sounds ridiculous.

lordofwar
here is the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhqbKw9TBX8

Aizen
Thank you GOD...finally....the trailer....so far looks good. I hope it stays so!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by lordofwar
The Transporter star Jason Statham is teaming up with Jet Li again in an action-thriller called the Rogue, according to Production Weekly. Statham previously starred together with Li in The One.

Music video director Philip Atwell will make his feature helming debut. Corey Yuen, who directed Statham in The Transporter, is choreographing and directing the action scenes.

The storyline centers on Jack Crawford (Statham), whose partner Tom Lone and Lone's family are killed by an assassin for the Chang crime family. Crawford becomes obsessed with finding the elusive and brutal killer, Rogue (Li).

Production is scheduled to begin in March on location in Vancouver

yet another movie proving that jet li was full of shit when he said he was done with action movies

lordofwar
No, he stated that he will not do anymore 'Wushu' movies but will continue making action movies.

ragesRemorse
Thats not what he said on the fearless dvd extra's. He said in an interview that he was done with doing action movies that relied on violence to tell the story. He did mention that he wanted to stray from wushu because it was streneous on his body though.

lordofwar

ragesRemorse
well thats nice, but i know on one of the interviews in the fearless dvd, he said he was no longer going to do action movies that relied on violence to tell the story.

Its ok, everyone in the film industry contradicts themselves. I'm glad actually that he is still doing action movies, because now there will be atleast something to look forward to in his movies

Jim Reaper
Did i see Jet fighting a ninja in that trailer? Statham is cool, i'll check it out...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.