Martian Manhunter vs the X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
MM has to take on these X-men

Emma Frost
Colossus
Cyclops
Shadowcat
Wolverine
Psylocke
Bishop

Fight takes place in a neutral ground with no preptime and no speedblitz.

demigawd
It would basically go like an X-men vs. Apoc fight, since Apoc and MM are pretty similar in a lot of ways. I'd give it to the X-men 6/10, but I'm flexible on that.

Tron
I feel so sorry for the X-Men...

The Ion
Martian Manhunter 10/10. This is basically Supes Vs the X-Men all over again except this guy brings even more to the table.

Jose123
Originally posted by TheKahn
MM has to take on these X-men

Emma Frost
Colossus
Cyclops
Shadowcat
Wolverine
Psylocke
Bishop

Fight takes place in a neutral ground with no preptime and no speedblitz.

You still screwed the x-men though. Where the hell is xavier?

He's the only one who can even stand up to his telepathic attacks.

StyleTime
Put some more psychics and some more firepower (Wolverine WTF!) on the X-Men team.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Tron
I feel so sorry for the X-Men... i second that.

TheKahn
Originally posted by StyleTime
Put some more psychics and some more firepower (Wolverine WTF!) on the X-Men team.

Well, I figured that Emma could at least hold off MM considering that he'll be fighting the rest of the team, but if you guys think the X-Men need more firepower I'm happy to comply:

Emma Frost
Charles Xavier
Colossus
Current Juggernaut
Cyclops
Havok
Storm
Shadowcat
Psylocke
Bishop

soleran30
he just goes intangible flies up really high then brain fries them and uses martian visionsmile

TheKahn
Doesn't energy attacks affect his ability to phase?

Mider
what has happend to current juggernaut that he is weak enough to be a good guy and i say that in a sorta nice way its all PIS anyway or whatever you call it.

spetznaz
Originally posted by The Ion
Martian Manhunter 10/10. This is basically Supes Vs the X-Men all over again except this guy brings even more to the table.

Yes ....this is basically Superman vs the X-men ....only that this time more powers are brought to the table.
The X-men would actually have it easier (lol) against Supes than against Martian Manhunter.

MM 10/10.

wannabe
Originally posted by Jose123
You still screwed the x-men though. Where the hell is xavier?

He's the only one who can even stand up to his telepathic attacks. Well, Emma ccould hold herself against him for at least one or two seconds and Psylocke is completely immune against telepathy nowadays so...

Superherovandal
MM phases his hand into Xavier's and Emma's neural systems effectively making them useless. And needless to say he just uses his telepathy and other powers to annihilate them.

spetznaz
Originally posted by wannabe
Well, Emma ccould hold herself against him for at least one or two seconds and Psylocke is completely immune against telepathy nowadays so...

Hmmmm, for one Emma wouldn't be able to hold her own against MM for even a second. Remember this is a guy whose telepathy is just ludicrously strong. Emma is simply not in his (or should I say 'its') league.

As for Psylocke ....let's assume she is 1,000% immune from telepathy. That no mental attack, no matter the source, can touch her.
Ok.
Well, what is she going to do then against MM's superspeed?
Against his strength (this guy can move a third of the moon)?
Against his martian vision (think Superman's heat vision)?
Against his phasing abilities (it might be a tad bit uncomfortable if MM came up beneath her and solidified)?
Against his shapeshifting abilities (the only better shifter in the JLA is Plastic Man .....apart from him MM is the best, and it would be interesting to see what Psylocke could do if MM started to envelope her from within and without at the same time)?

MM is a person who is in the top-tier of the JLA, who in strength levels is in the top-3 in the JLA, and who has basically more or less the same capabilities as Superman (and to those add phasing, invisibility, shapeshifting, and telepathy at a level that is simply astounding).

What in blazes would Psylocke do? Wave a psi-sword around at him?

Juntai
Realistically, not many people in comics have the sheer versatility to handle Manhunter. He has far too many abilities, and far too powerful with them for most to cope.

Draco69
Originally posted by Juntai
Realistically, not many people in comics have the sheer versatility to handle Manhunter. He has far too many abilities, and far too powerful with them for most to cope.

To bad the poor guy jobs to damn near everyone. ALWAYS the first to go down....

no

Juntai
Originally posted by Draco69
To bad the poor guy jobs to damn near everyone. ALWAYS the first to go down....

no Him and Flash.
If you let either of them run amuck in your story, they'll **** the whole thing up. Most writers dispatch of them quickly or have them go do something else, like watch monitors in the watchtower, or collect something from Jupiter.
However, Flash doesn't have this problem in his own comic.
And neither would Manhunter, if he had one.

TheKahn
Alright, since it still appears that the X-men get raped how would this roster do with a week of prep time (and none for MM):

Emma Frost
Charles Xavier
Rachel Summers
Chamber
Colossus
Current Juggernaut
Cyclops
Havok
Storm
Dazzler
Current Rogue
Cannonball
Shadowcat
Psylocke
Bishop
Husk
Beast
Multiple Man
and Longshot thrown in for good luck

Could they pull it off?
I might not have mentioned it before but bloodlust for both sides.

GalacticStorm
Could someone tell me the issue number and title where Martian M apparrently psi- links across a universe?

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Could someone tell me the issue number and title where Martian M apparrently psi- links across a universe? Probably in a lot of JLA issues, I'm not sure distance is really relative when linking the JLA members together, I don't recall one ever "moving out of range", however I'd be hard pressed to remember a specific incident.

spetznaz
Alright, since it still appears that the X-men get raped how would this roster do with a week of prep time (and none for MM):

Emma Frost
Charles Xavier
Rachel Summers
Chamber
Colossus
Current Juggernaut
Cyclops
Havok
Storm
Dazzler
Current Rogue
Cannonball
Shadowcat
Psylocke
Bishop
Husk
Beast
Multiple Man
and Longshot thrown in for good luck

Could they pull it off?
I might not have mentioned it before but bloodlust for both sides.

One thing you have to remember is that success against someone in the caliber of MartianManhunter/Superman/Flash is NOT dependent on numbers.
Most of the people up there (eg Emma, Rachel Summers - without the Phoenix obviously , Chamber, Colossus, Cyclops, Dazzler, Storm, Rogue, Shadowcat, Psylocke, Bishop, Husk, Beast, MultipleM would basically fall within seconds ....actually less than seconds .... to either MM's telepathy, superspeed, superstrength, , martian vision blasts, phasing ....or most likely a combo flurry of the above).

Just because those characters are there doesn't mean anything.

Now, one might say that they could be used to 'slow down' MM while some of the more powerful characters come up with a solution.
Well, the thing is that DC super-speed is not exactly Quicksilver level speed .....it is far far greater than that. Add to this the fact that MM is not only bringing speed to the game but super-strength (strength that makes Colossus' seem like a joke), and various offensive abilities.
All those characters only mean that MM takes down more people.

Now, the people who I do not think merely add numbers:

Now, Xavier vs MM ....this has been a topic of discussion in the past, and I personally think MM would wipe Xavier. For one Xavier couldn't do anything to MM.
After all MM is a shapeshifter, and Xavier has serious issues with shapeshifters ....goodness, he has problems with Mystique, and she is NOT a shapeshifter of the level MM is (and NEITHER is she an alien being with alien physiology, NOR is she an adept at telepathy). Also note that Martians pass telepathy skills down the line, hence MM has experience with telepathy that spans generations.
Thus Xavier would not only be able to trouble MM telepathically, but MM is also more adept than Xavier.
Thus Xavier falls.

CannonBall .....as long as he keeps blasting he is alright.
He stops blasting he is finished.
And he'd better hope MM doesn't use telepathy to make him stop blasting, or even worse hurtle at top speed towards the X-men.
But even if MM does nothing to stop CB blasting, there is nothing CB can do to stop MM.

Juggernaut.
Nothing can physically harm him, thus MM's blows would be to now avail.
however in the Avengers JLA crossover WonderWoman was shown ripping the helmet off Juggernaut.
MM's strength would allow him to do the same to Juggernaut's helmet.
And MM's telepathy would take care of the rest.
He might even make Juggernaut turn against the X-men just for fun.

The only real issue is Rachel Summers .....if she has the Phoenix then the X-men wins.
Without it she is less than useless.

Basically just because more characters are added doesn't mean that they stand a chance at bringing MM down.
MM is one of the most powerful members of the JLA (according to Superman THE most powerful). His various strengths and attributes are very formidable, and add to those the fact that he is hard to hurt ....for instance the greatest strength of the X-men team you put up, their telepathy (especially with Charles), is basically USELESS against Martian Manhunter. His shapeshifting and alien physiology, plus his experience (both personal, as well as telepathic history passed on from his ancestors) make him both formidable and untouchable.

The X-men would actually have a better chance taking down Superman than MM (although their chances against Supes are also pretty slim).

TheKahn
Good points spetznaz but here is why I think it might be a little closer. First, there is no speedblitz allowed. Second, the X-men have a week to prepare and are a highly trained team that works well together. Third, the people I added weren't just to add numbers but to bring some unique power sets to the mix that could be exploited with the (preptime). There are 3 very power telepaths, energy users, physical powerhouses, ect. I thought that this mix might be enough working together to have a shot or I could just be underestimating MM.

spetznaz
Good points spetznaz but here is why I think it might be a little closer. First, there is no speedblitz allowed. Second, the X-men have a week to prepare and are a highly trained team that works well together. Third, the people I added weren't just to add numbers but to bring some unique power sets to the mix that could be exploited with the (preptime). There are 3 very power telepaths, energy users, physical powerhouses, ect. I thought that this mix might be enough working together to have a shot or I could just be underestimating MM.

The best chance for the X-men would be prep time (and even then the best use of that time would be to get as far away from Dodge and not even show up to face Manhunter).
The reason why I say prep time (and in this case Beast) would be of greatest use to the X-men is because the powers they bring to the game are simply not up to par.
For example Colossus is strong, very strong, but he is a joke next to MM. All of the Marvel powerhouses (apart from Classic Juggernaut, and I'll speak about him later) are just none starters against MM.
Rogue, to absorb powers, would have to touch MM. That means coming to him and touching him. If she can touch him he can touch her ...for example 'touch her' with a punch that can shatter every single vertebrae in Rogue's body.
The Marvel telepaths are powerful, however MM is also a very powerful telepath. He is also a shapeshifter, and if someone like Charles has trouble with Mystique's mind (since she is a shapeshifter), how do you think he would handle someone like MM? Even if MM was NOT a shifter he would still be able to face Xavier any day of the week, but add his shapeshifting abilities (and the protection they offer to his mind) and Xavier is basically stalemated
The energy users (eg Cyclops, Havok) do have nice blasts. However so does Martian Manhunter. Oh, and MM can phase and let their blasts pass through him, but they (Cyke, Havoc etc) cannot phase. Guess who gets hurt.
The Juggernaut is a threat .....however if MM is flying Jugs cannot touch him, also if MM takes off Jugs helmet (which he can) then Jugs basically gets a telepathic assault.
As I said Cannon Ball needs to keep blasting, and hope that the blasting protects him from telepathy. Either way, sooner or later, CB goes down.

The only hope for the X-men is prep time, and if they knew that MM is out to get them (not just defeat them but literally trully try to destroy them), then the best use of that prep time would be to get as far away as possible. Although even that wouldn't help them since MM would track them wherever they went. As shown in the beginning of Trial by Fire, MM is able to tap into the thoughts of every person in the world to find someone or something. Oh, and he did this withOUT the use of any type of 'cerebro/cerebra/ginko biloba' thingimajig!
He would literally be a manhunter (or mutant hunter) in this case

Unless they want to get phased into solid objects like MM did to Superman.

Read JLA: Trial of Fire to see what a truly blood-lusted Martian Manhunter who has fallen over to the evil side can do. Even the guardians of Oa were afraid of him!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.