Magneto vs. Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Femi32
Who would win between Magneto (Before he lost his powers) and Gog Wars Doomsday?

I searched to see if the fight had been done before, but I couldn't find it.

demigawd
Magneto wins via mind control. If Manchester Black can do it, so can Magneto. Magneto can also win by dumping Doomsday into a blackhole in the middle of nowhere, or sending him into orbit. It would pretty much have to be some form of BFR.

Fanboy
What in the hell is this I don't really think Magneot can do a damn thing ya know I mean what is this? Mind Control when physcic feed back would knock his ass out like nothing or Doomsday can just rip him apart.

Mider
if superman can servive a black hole so could doomsday and i dont understand how he can be mind controlled when wave rider had horrible feedback Doomsday is portrayed as weak on this board but the people who actually read his comics see that he is indeed a BIG TIME THREAT.

demigawd
Remember, this is Gog Wars Doomsday. This Doomsday has a mind that can be manipulated. That's why Black was successful at doing it. It's actually quite easy to do now....it's a step back for Doomsday.

Femi32
Is there a scan of Gog Wars Doomsday being mind controlled? And isn't there a way DD can adapt to it without dying. I thought this topic would get a lot of replies, but there all being consumed by Supes vs. Mag or Batman/Daredevil, etc...

Avalonofthewind
Is there any proof of Mags having this type of powerful mind control?
Manchester black is ridiculously powerful. He mind controlled hundreds or individuals simultaneously.

leonidas
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Manchester black is ridiculously powerful. He mind controlled hundreds or individuals simultaneously.

i was wondering the same thing. seems mags shut down x's mind -- so now he's at ss level AND is a more powerful telepath than charlie? confused

Fanboy
Originally posted by demigawd
Magneto wins via mind control. If Manchester Black can do it, so can Magneto. Magneto can also win by dumping Doomsday into a blackhole in the middle of nowhere, or sending him into orbit. It would pretty much have to be some form of BFR.

Blah blah get over it dude. Maneto loses.

Juntai
Magneto wins via mind control. If Manchester Black can do it, so can Magneto. Magneto can also win by dumping Doomsday into a blackhole in the middle of nowhere, or sending him into orbit. It would pretty much have to be some form of BFR. Manchester Black only held him for a brief moment, then Doomsday immediately became immune to it, and Doomsday killed the team that released him and Manchester ran.

Juntai
Manchester black is ridiculously powerful. He mind controlled hundreds or individuals simultaneously. Yep, pretty much every DC Earth villain, in the issue when he killed himself.
Hell of a show for Superman whirlwinding through nearly every DC Earth baddie.

leonidas
what issue was that, jun?

Juntai
Which one?

leonidas
the ending arc, where he kills himself and seems to have killed lois.

Avalonofthewind
A lot of issues across various titles Leo.
Still, Mags couldnt even DREAM of becoming half as powerful as Manchester black telepathicly.

Juntai
Originally posted by leonidas
the ending arc, where he kills himself and seems to have killed lois. Ending Battle?
Ran through all of Superman's titles for a while back in 02.
The issues are:
Superman: 186
Adventures of Superman: 608
Man of Steel: 130
Superman in Action Comics: 795
Superman: 187
Adventures of Superman: 609
Man of Steel: 131
Superman in Action Comics: 796

Manchester was an awesome character.

demigawd
Actually, Manchester has no impressive telepathic feats, so saying that Magneto isn't even half as powerful telepathically as Manchester is totally unsupported speculation. Magneto has shut down Xavier's mind in Eve of Destruction (a feat only accomplished by Moondragon WITH THE MIND GEM, he's blocked Psylocke, Jean Grey and Xavier at the same time when he ambushed them along with the rest of the X-teams in Fatal Attractions. These are against people who are POWERFUL telepaths. Manchester has NO telepathic feats to match that.

And Manchester was successful in taking over Doomsday - Magneto will be too. And he doesn't need to just take Doomsday over. Just make him go to sleep or go away. Or go beat up Superman

Juntai
Actually, Manchester has no impressive telepathic feats, so saying that Magneto isn't even half as powerful telepathically as Manchester is totally unsupported speculation. Magneto has shut down Xavier's mind in Eve of Destruction (a feat only accomplished by Moondragon WITH THE MIND GEM, he's blocked Psylocke, Jean Grey and Xavier at the same time when he ambushed them along with the rest of the X-teams in Fatal Attractions. These are against people who are POWERFUL telepaths. Manchester has NO telepathic feats to match that.

And Manchester was successful in taking over Doomsday - Magneto will be too. And he doesn't need to just take Doomsday over. Just make him go to sleep or go away. Or go beat up Superman He DID take over Doomsday, but only for a moment, and Doomsday became immune, then killed I'm pretty sure.. Steel and Mongul. They didn't even get out of the ROOM before Manchester lost his hold on Doomsday.

Manchester dominated an entire city of villains in Ending Battle. That's impressive. Holding Doomsday for a moment, when Waverider couldn't do it, that was impressive. Editing memories so well, a mental scan from Martian Manhunter is impressive. Dominating people FROM THE DEAD, and then using his TK/TP through them, that's impressive.

Avalonofthewind

And Manchester was successful in taking over Doomsday - Magneto will be too. And he doesn't need to just take Doomsday over. Just make him go to sleep or go away. Or go beat up Superman

Manchester having no impressive feats? Ridiculous. Juntai cleared that one up already though.

Mags shutting off Xaviers mind does not make him a telepath. Energy Superman had the same exact ability and wasn't telepathic in the least.

leonidas
so what IS the extent of mag's telepathy? is it a new ability, seperate from his magnetic power? did it sort of just 'show up one day??'

god i hate all these flippin power-ups. bless you scarlet witch . . .

leonidas
oh and didn't black give supes an apparent stroke?? hey demi, could mags do THAT to supes too?

demigawd
Originally posted by Juntai
He DID take over Doomsday, but only for a moment, and Doomsday became immune, then killed I'm pretty sure.. Steel and Mongul. They didn't even get out of the ROOM before Manchester lost his hold on Doomsday.

Manchester dominated an entire city of villains in Ending Battle. That's impressive. Holding Doomsday for a moment, when Waverider couldn't do it, that was impressive. Editing memories so well, a mental scan from Martian Manhunter is impressive. Dominating people FROM THE DEAD, and then using his TK/TP through them, that's impressive.

Except none of the villains were telepathic, so it's no more impressive than dominating a group of janitors - they had no means to resist. Magneto was able to jam/control the minds of TELEPATHS - people capable of fighting back against mental control, and he did it against three of the premier Marvel telepaths at once.

So which is more impressive - dominating non-telepathic minds or dominating MULTIPLE telepathic minds?Originally posted by leonidas
so what IS the extent of mag's telepathy? is it a new ability, seperate from his magnetic power? did it sort of just 'show up one day??'

god i hate all these flippin power-ups. bless you scarlet witch . . .

He has two means of mind control - one of them is through his secondary mutation of telepathy which was enhanced. The other was by directly manipulating the synapses in the brain and the electrical impulses, which does the same thing telepathy does. if one fails, the other succeeds.

Femi32
Is Magneto stong enough to mind control DD?

Avalonofthewind
Except none of the villains were telepathic, so it's no more impressive than dominating a group of janitors - they had no means to resist. Magneto was able to jam/control the minds of TELEPATHS - people capable of fighting back against mental control, and he did it against three of the premier Marvel telepaths at once.

So which is more impressive - dominating non-telepathic minds or dominating MULTIPLE telepathic minds?

He has two means of mind control - one of them is through his secondary mutation of telepathy which was enhanced. The other was by directly manipulating the synapses in the brain and the electrical impulses, which does the same thing telepathy does. if one fails, the other succeeds.

He controlled hundreds of villains, how do you know what all their powers were?

demigawd
He controlled hundreds of villains, how do you know what all their powers were?

I read the story arc...Superman fought no telepathic villains. Xavier and Jean, on the other hand, are among the premier psis in the Marvel Universe.

Originally posted by Femi32
Is Magneto stong enough to mind control DD?

I submit that once DD developed a mind and a personality, he became quite weak, mentally.

Avalonofthewind
I read the story arc...Superman fought no telepathic villains. Xavier and Jean, on the other hand, are among the premier psis in the Marvel Universe.

I submit that once DD developed a mind and a personality, he became quite weak, mentally.

I have it as well. He fought hundreds of villains. There is absolutely nothing that says if there were or weren't other telepaths in there.

Manchester also just helped redirect DD's hate towards Imperiex. He got the hell out of dodge because he could NOT control Doomsday.

DD on the other hand beat Darkseid, Radiant, Motherbox enhanced Supes, and Waverider back to back. 4 energy wielders, It's definitely not a stretch for Doomsday to violate Mags field easily by manipulating it like he did to the others.

xmarksthespot
Magneto was able to jam/control the minds of TELEPATHS - people capable of fighting back against mental control, and he did it against three of the premier Marvel telepaths at once.blink When did he control the mind of any telepath... let alone three?

demigawd
I have it as well. He fought hundreds of villains. There is absolutely nothing that says if there were or weren't other telepaths in there.

Manchester also just helped redirect DD's hate towards Imperiex. He got the hell out of dodge because he could NOT control Doomsday.

DD on the other hand beat Darkseid, Radiant, Motherbox enhanced Supes, and Waverider back to back. 4 energy wielders, It's definitely not a stretch for Doomsday to violate Mags field easily by manipulating it like he did to the others.

If they never specifically showed telepathic villains, why would we assume that there were any among them, especially powerful ones like Xavier/Jean?

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
blink When did he control the mind of any telepath... let alone three?

In Eve of Destruction, Magneto shut down Xavier's telepathic powers and turned his mind off. He blocked the telepathy of Xavier/Jean/Psylocke in Fatal Attractions. He did it by controlling the electrical impulses to the brain....the same effect psionically accomplished by telepaths. He would do the same thing to Doomsday.

Rewmac
he creates a blackhole then he throws dd into it or just simple ripps him ino pieces

Femi32
I don't think DD will be ripped to pieces. He's already adapted to energy.

xmarksthespot
In Eve of Destruction, Magneto shut down Xavier's telepathic powers and turned his mind off. He blocked the telepathy of Xavier/Jean/Psylocke in Fatal Attractions. He did it by controlling the electrical impulses to the brain....the same effect psionically accomplished by telepaths. He would do the same thing to Doomsday. Magneto apparently "stems the flow of iron" to Xavier's brain. He does not control "electrical impulses" in Eve of Destruction, he does not shut down Xavier's telepathic powers in any direct manner.

He says in Eve of Destruction in X-Men #113 "Once you were free Charles I suspect it was a simple matter for you to weave your way into my mind and prevent me from using my powers." And Fatal Attractions occurs before Eve of Destruction. Curiouser and curiouser.

From Fatal Attractions:
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6880/fatalattractionsmag3uk.th.jpg

Probably not the best story arc to proclaim "Magneto is a more powerful telepath than Manchester Black."

demigawd
Magneto apparently "stems the flow of iron" to Xavier's brain. He does not control "electrical impulses" in Eve of Destruction, he does not shut down Xavier's telepathic powers in any direct manner.

Jean specifically said that Magneto shut off Xavier's mind. It's a technique that Magneto developed in Avengers, when he made them all dance for him (and, strangely, made Wanda give him some kind of lapdance...ugh). He also used the technique to undo Doom's mental control of Beast.

Of course. Once he was free. Both in both cases, Xavier needed the rest of the X-men to give him time to act, like what Xavier and Jean needed to launch their dual psychic attack on him in Fatal Attractions.

You'll note that that scene only took place once Magneto stopped fighting the X-men.

Avalonofthewind
If they never specifically showed telepathic villains, why would we assume that there were any among them, especially powerful ones like Xavier/Jean?

For exactly the same reason you assume there WEREN'T any.
It's an assumption on your behalf.

All I said was there was no proof either way, so please, don't go spreading more false information on this.

Thanks.

xmarksthespot
Jean specifically said that Magneto shut off Xavier's mind. It's a technique that Magneto developed in Avengers, when he made them all dance for him (and, strangely, made Wanda give him some kind of lapdance...ugh). He also used the technique to undo Doom's mental control of Beast.Magneto specifically says that he "stems the flow of iron" so Xavier can "bear silent witness". It says nothing of electrical impulses.

I haven't read the Avengers in question so have no comment on it.
Of course. Once he was free. Both in both cases, Xavier needed the rest of the X-men to give him time to act, like what Xavier and Jean needed to launch their dual psychic attack on him in Fatal Attractions.

You'll note that that scene only took place once Magneto stopped fighting the X-men. Neither of those incidents show Magneto has telepathic abilities on the level of Manchester Black. Which I thought was your point.

demigawd
For exactly the same reason you assume there WEREN'T any.
It's an assumption on your behalf.

All I said was there was no proof either way, so please, don't go spreading more false information on this.

Thanks.

If there's no proof either way, but ALL of the villains shown are non-telepaths, then the better assumption is that there weren't any. Furthermore, since there weren't any shown, there's not even a way to know how much of a feat it is because we don't even know if there were any, much less how powerful they are or are not.

Magneto specifically says that he "stems the flow of iron" so Xavier can "bear silent witness". It says nothing of electrical impulses.

I haven't read the Avengers in question so have no comment on it.
Neither of those incidents show Magneto has telepathic abilities on the level of Manchester Black. Which I thought was your point.

Additionally, there's the "hypno-stare" that he used to control people. So make that three techniques.

Actually, my original point was that Magneto could control Doomsday the same way Manchester could. He doesn't necessarily have to be MORE powerful - but he's controlled minds using various techniques and it stands to reason that it would work on Doomsday, whose newly developed mind is pretty weak.

And like I said, he blocked three telepaths simutaneously in the beginning of Fatal Attractions at the funeral. And blocked them again when he ambushed them on Avalon.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Juntai
Manchester Black only held him for a brief moment, then Doomsday immediately became immune to it, and Doomsday killed the team that released him and Manchester ran.

And like I said, he blocked three telepaths simutaneously in the beginning of Fatal Attractions at the funeral. And blocked them again when he ambushed them on Avalon.
1) Blocking telepathic attack in those incidents was due to strength of will rather than telepathic ability.
2) I don't recall Psylocke even being at the funeral. Jean does not attack him telepathically. Only Xavier. And Xavier manages to "commandeer" Magneto's abilities to deflect debris.

Don't go all magnetofront on me with things that never really happened.

Avalonofthewind
If there's no proof either way, but ALL of the villains shown are non-telepaths, then the better assumption is that there weren't any. Furthermore, since there weren't any shown, there's not even a way to know how much of a feat it is because we don't even know if there were any, much less how powerful they are or are not.

It's a plentyful feat. He had them all under his total control. Thats hundreds of beings simultaenously including ALIEN minds, shapeshifters...etc. Stop trying to downplay it to try and make Mags look better. Mags is NO telepath.

QUOTE=5812990]Originally posted by demigawd
Actually, my original point was that Magneto could control Doomsday the same way Manchester could. He doesn't necessarily have to be MORE powerful - but he's controlled minds using various techniques and it stands to reason that it would work on Doomsday, whose newly developed mind is pretty weak..

Again, Mags is no telepath. Force of will is one thing. Telepathy is another. Gog wars Doomsday's mind was not weak....where did you get that idea? He was basically highly immune to telepathy before and just added intelligence. Replace DD with Mags versus all those GOGS, and Mags dies in seconds.

demigawd
1) Blocking telepathic attack in those incidents was due to strength of will rather than telepathic ability.
2) I don't recall Psylocke even being at the funeral. Jean does not attack him telepathically. Only Xavier. And Xavier manages to "commandeer" Magneto's abilities to deflect debris.

Don't go all magnetofront on me with things that never really happened.

Did you even read the funeral scene? He BLOCKED their telepathy so they couldn't even see him coming. Him AND the Acolytes AND Avalon were all masked by Magneto. It has nothing to do with strength of will...you can't will yourself to not be seen. Xavier, as always, was only able to act once Magneto was already down due to the Bishop fluke.

And as Storm said, "While we still have our mutant powers, we have no way of consciously accessing them" because of Magneto.

demigawd
It's a plentyful feat. He had them all under his total control. Thats hundreds of beings simultaenously including ALIEN minds, shapeshifters...etc. Stop trying to downplay it to try and make Mags look better. Mags is NO telepath.

Considering how Magneto shut off the telepathic powers of actual telepaths, I'd say it's a moot point. Controlling a bunch of non-telepathic minds isn't much of a feat.

First of all, I think a single Gog should easily be able to beat Doomsday, so I take issue with that entire storyline, but beyond that Doomsday was plagued by his sudden humanity and fear, and Superman took advantage of that. It shows a mentally weak constitution because he wasn't used to having a thinking mind and intelligence. Doomsday could evolve past that eventually, but it's good for a win for Magneto.

xmarksthespot
Did you even read the funeral scene? He BLOCKED their telepathy so they couldn't even see him coming. Him AND the Acolytes AND Avalon were all masked by Magneto. It has nothing to do with strength of will...you can't will yourself to not be seen. Xavier, as always, was only able to act once Magneto was already down due to the Bishop fluke.

And as Storm said, "While we still have our mutant powers, we have no way of consciously accessing them" because of Magneto. You do not need telepathy to mask yourself to telepathic presence. The general implication you seemed to be making was he fought against telepathic attack and that makes him a telepath. It doesn't.

Where does Storm say that?
Considering how Magneto shut off the telepathic powers of actual telepaths.He didn't shut off their telepathic powers. He stopped Xavier - and only Xavier to my knowledge in Eve of Destruction - from functioning properly using magnetism to affect Xavier's physiology.

Could he do that to Doomsday for more than a few seconds. Could he do that to Doomsday at all?

demigawd
You do not need telepathy to mask yourself to telepathic presence. The general implication you seemed to be making was he fought against telepathic attack and that makes him a telepath. It doesn't.

No, I was naming his mind-control feats and said he has four ways of doing it. Using electro-chemical impulses, using the blood flow of iron, using the "hypno-stare", or using actual telepathy, which he showed when he was able to create an astral form early in the X-men run, and later in Excalibur when he forced Hub to teleport away.

Funeral scene. They're all frozen. Right after Bishop responds, "But what if those powers aren't consciously activated?". A few pages later...Bishop overloads, breaks free using Magneto's own power, and blasts Magneto.

Yes, just Xavier in Eve of Destruction. But in Fatal Attractions it was Xavier, Jean and iirc Psylocke was there too. I don't remember the entire cast, but there were multiple telepaths.

Considering there are four ways Magneto could do it, I'd say at least one would work, and probably all of them considering Doomsday's new mind is relatively weak and untested.

That said, I acknowledge that SHOULD it fail, Magneto doesn't have very many options afterwards, since Doomsday doesn't have as many exploitable weaknesses as Superman.

Avalonofthewind
Considering how Magneto shut off the telepathic powers of actual telepaths, I'd say it's a moot point. Controlling a bunch of non-telepathic minds isn't much of a feat.

To you maybe, but Xavier has problems with Shape shifters, Aliens, and animals. Black controlled hundreds of them simultaneously around the globe, without the aid of anything.

Your point is Moot.

First of all, I think a single Gog should easily be able to beat Doomsday, so I take issue with that entire storyline, but beyond that Doomsday was plagued by his sudden humanity and fear, and Superman took advantage of that. It shows a mentally weak constitution because he wasn't used to having a thinking mind and intelligence. Doomsday could evolve past that eventually, but it's good for a win for Magneto.

Your thoughts about GOG unfortunately, are not important as evidence here. The storyline completely showed different. Good luck selling Mags as a telepath now. It doesnt seem like anyones buying in any of your Mags forums.

DD owns Mags in seconds...like practically everyone one else he comes across.

demigawd
Xavier has NO problem with shape-shifters, aliens or animals. Look at what he did to Gladiator, who's an alien. The Mystique problem Xavier had was retconned to Mystique having a scrambling device. I don't recall Xavier ever attempting to control an animal. But he did merge the thoughts of an entire planet of people and used it to destroy an alien invasion. So your point is moot.

And the bottom line is still that Magneto has the ability to control minds. And more ways of doing so than Black, Xavier, or anyone else. Period. If you don't want to believe it, that's up to you.

xmarksthespot
No, I was naming his mind-control feats and said he has four ways of doing it. Using electro-chemical impulses, using the blood flow of iron, using the "hypno-stare", or using actual telepathy, which he showed when he was able to create an astral form early in the X-men run, and later in Excalibur when he forced Hub to teleport away.

Funeral scene. They're all frozen. Right after Bishop responds, "But what if those powers aren't consciously activated?". A few pages later...Bishop overloads, breaks free using Magneto's own power, and blasts Magneto.

Yes, just Xavier in Eve of Destruction. But in Fatal Attractions it was Xavier, Jean and iirc Psylocke was there too. I don't remember the entire cast, but there were multiple telepaths.

Considering there are four ways Magneto could do it, I'd say at least one would work, and probably all of them considering Doomsday's new mind is relatively weak and untested.

That said, I acknowledge that SHOULD it fail, Magneto doesn't have very many options afterwards, since Doomsday doesn't have as many exploitable weaknesses as Superman. i. I don't recall the hypno-stare, and I haven't seen him doing it electrochemically. Using the blood flow of iron is physiological, and wasn't mind control.

ii. It says he magnetically grips the iron fibres in their blood to prevent them from moving and using their powers. (Something that makes no sense) but doesn't equate to mind control anyway. He wasn't nullifying their powers telepathically or otherwise. They simply couldn't move at all to use them. Again physiological, not telepathic.

iii. Psylocke wasn't there. It says he's using electromagnetism to block psionics in fatal attractions. No implication of Magneto having telepathy. Irrelevant because Doomsday isn't going to attack him telepathically.

iv. I think I recall some kind of hologram creation, not sure about astral forms. The other "telepathic feat" in Excalibur is paltry.

How well does Doomsday overcome effects on his physiology. Assuming he has a physiology human enough for Magneto to even affect him.

EDIT: Also when was the Mystique thing retconned.

GODSCRIBE
Charles is way in over his head on this one.

Mider
xavier would die if he battled Doomsday like manchester black his powers would effect him only for a moment then Doomsday would become immune. Why is people putting him against magneto doomsday has been shown to become immune to stuf like trying to screw with his dna or brain.

demigawd
i. I don't recall the hypno-stare, and I haven't seen him doing it electrochemically. Using the blood flow of iron is physiological, and wasn't mind control.

ii. It says he magnetically grips the iron fibres in their blood to prevent them from moving and using their powers. (Something that makes no sense) but doesn't equate to mind control anyway. He wasn't nullifying their powers telepathically or otherwise. They simply couldn't move at all to use them. Again physiological, not telepathic.

iii. Psylocke wasn't there. It says he's using electromagnetism to block psionics in fatal attractions. No implication of Magneto having telepathy. Irrelevant because Doomsday isn't going to attack him telepathically.

iv. I think I recall some kind of hologram creation, not sure about astral forms. The other "telepathic feat" in Excalibur is paltry.

How well does Doomsday overcome effects on his physiology. Assuming he has a physiology human enough for Magneto to even affect him.

EDIT: Also when was the Mystique thing retconned.

Hypno-stare was early X-men, used for the first tme back in the day to control the X-men's parents as a means of setting a trap.

Electro-chemical manipulation was in Avengers when he made them all dance and act silly. He lost because it didn't work on Vision, who doesn't have a brain, and Magneto didn't realize that Vision wasn't human (but Vision was playing along long enough to catch Magneto unawares).

I know that he wasn't using telepathy to block those telepaths. I'm giving examples of various techniques he's used to affect the mind/psysiology of others. No reason to believe it wouldn't work on Doomsday, too.

The Excalibur thing does indeed show conventional telepathy/mind-control, however. So it's another option in his psysiological arsenal. That was my point.

Like I said, given that Manchester was successful in manipulating Doomsday, it stands to reason that Magneto could use one or all of the techniques at his disposal to be successful as well.

Beyonder
Magneto puts up a fight but he isn't winning any other way other than BFR into space.

"Fatal Attractions

Cyclops: The Acolytes?! Jean, how did they-
Jean: -possibly get this close?! Magneto must somewho be using his electronic powers to jam my psionic powers."

Magneto jamed her powers with his electronic powers. That's some useless ability against DD.

"Cannonball: Storm, Ma'am - ah cain't move!
Storm: He is magnetically gripping the iron fibers in our blood, Samuel. We are still possessed of our abilities, we have no way of consciously accessing them."

Gripping the iron fibers. I doubt DD eats cereals for breakfast. He's just a mass with bones. Your heart, brains, and other inner organs is something DD doesn't have. Supes proved that by cutting him open - nothing but mass.

And xmarksthespot is right, Psylocke wasn't even there at the funeral.

DD 7/10.

demigawd
Originally posted by Beyonder
Magneto puts up a fight but he isn't winning any other way other than BFR into space.

"Fatal Attractions

Cyclops: The Acolytes?! Jean, how did they-
Jean: -possibly get this close?! Magneto must somewho be using his electronic powers to jam my psionic powers."

Magneto jamed her powers with his electronic powers. That's some useless ability against DD.

"Cannonball: Storm, Ma'am - ah cain't move!
Storm: He is magnetically gripping the iron fibers in our blood, Samuel. We are still possessed of our abilities, we have no way of consciously accessing them."

Gripping the iron fibers. I doubt DD eats cereals for breakfast. He's just a mass with bones. Your heart, brains, and other inner organs is something DD doesn't have. Supes proved that by cutting him open - nothing but mass.

And xmarksthespot is right, Psylocke wasn't even there at the funeral.

DD 7/10.

You just described two of the ways Magneto has used his powers for psysiological effect. There are four, the other two I see you haven't addressed...for good reason.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.