Solid Snake vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jose123
yeah I went there.

two Great soldiers

Who wins?

Round one: Hand to hand in a arena
Round two: City fight. Anything goes. they just ran into each other and start fighting

Tidas
i think Captain A is toasted is this fight because Snake is exellent with his hands and legs. Snake knowes CQC. So it is gonna get real hard for Captain A in this first fight.

kamikz
Agreed. Capt A is pretty much dead in both matches.

Jose123
I say the hand to hand goes to Cap. one of the best fighters if not the best in the Marvel universe. Cqc or not He's facing a opponent thats at peak human agility, strength, speed, endurance, and reaction time and his body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles, granting him phenomenal endurance.

I give it to cap 8/10

The city fight is a little bit more tricky. i still haven't decided who wins.

It go either way really. Snake won't go anywhere shooting at his shield so he will look for a way to get from behind or sneak up on him. cap would likely do the same thing if his shield throw is ineffective and snake somehow dodges it.

kamikz
Snake is also at the top of human abilities. As a rookie, he defeated the best soldier ever in unarmed fighting, he can punch a metal suit like it's a pillow, and he could defeat the cyborg ninja (Fox) unarmed. Snake was able to match him in both speed and strenght. (Fox suit made him almost 10 times stronger and faster than a normal human, possibly more).

Since I didn't know anything about capt A in Melee combat I'd say it's 5/5 or 6/5 in Snake's favour.

In a city fight, I belive Snake takes it. He can become invisible, can capt A see him then?
He can toss a stun grenade which will knock capt out.
He can use a singel action army revolver and shoot him in the back while standing in front of him. (The bullets bounce on the ground and on walls)
Snake also has many homing missiles like Nikita and Stingers, I'm not sure how capt would dodge that.

Jose123
Originally posted by kamikz
Snake is also at the top of human abilities. As a rookie, he defeated the best soldier ever in unarmed fighting, he can punch a metal suit like it's a pillow, and he could defeat the cyborg ninja (Fox) unarmed. Snake was able to match him in both speed and strenght. (Fox suit made him almost 10 times stronger and faster than a normal human, possibly more).

Since I didn't know anything about capt A in Melee combat I'd say it's 5/5 or 6/5 in Snake's favour.

In a city fight, I belive Snake takes it. He can become invisible, can capt A see him then?
He can toss a stun grenade which will knock capt out.
He can use a singel action army revolver and shoot him in the back while standing in front of him. (The bullets bounce on the ground and on walls)
Snake also has many homing missiles like Nikita and Stingers, I'm not sure how capt would dodge that.

I didn't say anything about stealth camo and Missile launchers.Does he carry those with him at all times though?

If he gets all of that then I guess Cap gets access to the Avengers smile

Anyway, shooting cap from up front really isn't an effective way to taking him down. standing right in front him isn't a smart move in itself.

There both great soldiers. But Cap is the greater tactician. not to mention that shield bounce he does. . Cap could just distract him as his shield sneaks up behind snake. pow. Knocked out snake.

Tidas
He has his camo like a belt and he does carry his stinger around with him.(Just watch when Snake meets Raven in that cold room)

kamikz
Originally posted by Jose123
I didn't say anything about stealth camo and Missile launchers.Does he carry those with him at all times though?

If he gets all of that then I guess Cap gets access to the Avengers smile

Anyway, shooting cap from up front really isn't an effective way to taking him down. standing right in front him isn't a smart move in itself.

There both great soldiers. But Cap is the greater tactician. not to mention that shield bounce he does. . Cap could just distract him as his shield sneaks up behind snake. pow. Knocked out snake.

Snake carries the stealth belt with him, yes. He also has his bandana which gives him unlimited ammunition. Snake also carries the stinger with him all the time. (These things are explained in MGS 2 since Snake provides Raiden with all of these stuff, and has the stealth for himself)

How is giving capt A access to the avengers fair? I would have said that Snake had gotten access to Metal Gear for that to be fair.

And Snake isen't? He has awefully lot of experience and is a great tactitan himself. Plus he is very fast learnt and has an IQ of 180.
I also said that his singel action army can shoot capt A in the back, even when Snake is standing in front of him because the bullets bounce.

So you mean capt would toss his shield, do the chicken dance to distract him and then wait for the shield to hit Snake in the back. Snake would fill him with bullets the moment he dropped the shield.

Jose123
Snake carries the stealth belt with him, yes. He also has his bandana which gives him unlimited ammunition. Snake also carries the stinger with him all the time. (These things are explained in MGS 2 since Snake provides Raiden with all of these stuff, and has the stealth for himself)

How is giving capt A access to the avengers fair? I would have said that Snake had gotten access to Metal Gear for that to be fair.

And Snake isen't? He has awefully lot of experience and is a great tactitan himself. Plus he is very fast learnt and has an IQ of 180.
I also said that his singel action army can shoot capt A in the back, even when Snake is standing in front of him because the bullets bounce.

So you mean capt would toss his shield, do the chicken dance to distract him and then wait for the shield to hit Snake in the back. Snake would fill him with bullets the moment he dropped the shield.

Oh yes. Because cap has never went up against a gun. Like I said the minute he gets in front of cap he goes down.

And yes he can do that. throw the shield distract him the let it hit him from behind. he has dodged sub machine gun fire.

I'll give him the stealth camo hell I'll even give him the launchers. But the unlimited ammo bandanna is just stupid. you wan't to give that to him fine. But you have to give Cap access to the avengers. Since it's something he has access to and carries at all times.

Snake s armed with a 9mm pistol, a M16 with four magazines and a stun grenade and one frag grenade. About even know for both contestants?

Tidas
Now you are mean. why do u take away Snakes things??? So catain A has a better chance?

kamikz
Oh yes. Because cap has never went up against a gun. Like I said the minute he gets in front of cap he goes down.

And yes he can do that. throw the shield distract him the let it hit him from behind. he has dodged sub machine gun fire.

I'll give him the stealth camo hell I'll even give him the launchers. But the unlimited ammo bandanna is just stupid. you wan't to give that to him fine. But you have to give Cap access to the avengers. Since it's something he has access to and carries at all times.

Snake s armed with a 9mm pistol, a M16 with four magazines and a stun grenade and one frag grenade. About even know for both contestants?

Well Snake has dodged bullets before too so I guess both can dodge the others weapons. But really, how long do you think capt will hold out if he's going to fight an invisible man who's firing at him 24/7 and is the best marksman in the world.

Snake has dodged worse than capts shield.

Dumb? How is it dumb? It is canon, he tells that to Raiden in Sons of Liberty.
- You have enough?
- Aboslutley, infinate ammo, says Snake and points at his bandana. So it's not just some stupid easter egg.

I don't know much about the Avengers, could you tell me something?

Answere to Tidas.
I think he want's to even the fight out so it will be fair.

Jose123
Well Snake has dodged bullets before too so I guess both can dodge the others weapons. But really, how long do you think capt will hold out if he's going to fight an invisible man who's firing at him 24/7 and is the best marksman in the world.

Pretty long. He's not stupid. He can either figure where the bullets are comming from. Or if he's using that Gun that can bounce bullets figure out the angle that there ricocheting and track him like that.

Snake has dodged worse than capts shield.

That he has. But he can't dodge what he doesn't know is coming. Vice versa for cap as well.

Dumb? How is it dumb? It is canon, he tells that to Raiden in Sons of Liberty.
- You have enough?
- Aboslutley, infinate ammo, says Snake and points at his bandana. So it's not just some stupid easter egg.

It's canon. so is Cap being able to call in the Avengers if he's in big enough trouble.

I don't know much about the Avengers, could you tell me something?

Basically the team he is in charge of and can call for their help anytime he wants to. But that was just a joke on how unfair it would be if Cap had access to them in the fight even though he always has access to them in the comics. so Lets make this a little bit more even then Unlimited ammo.

http://www.avengersforever.org/wallpaper/800/KD.jpg

Answere to Tidas.
I think he want's to even the fight out so it will be fair.

that would be a lot more fair then unlimited ammo or ironman and Thor taking off snakes head.

Pure soldier skill vs. pure soldier skill

kamikz
Pretty long. He's not stupid. He can either figure where the bullets are comming from. Or if he's using that Gun that can bounce bullets figure out the angle that there ricocheting and track him like that.

That he has. But he can't dodge what he doesn't know is coming. Vice versa for cap as well.

It's canon. so is Cap being able to call in the Avengers if he's in big enough trouble.

Basically the team he is in charge of and can call for their help anytime he wants to. But that was just a joke on how unfair it would be if Cap had access to them in the fight even though he always has access to them in the comics. so Lets make this a little bit more even then Unlimited ammo.

http://www.avengersforever.org/wallpaper/800/KD.jpg

that would be a lot more fair then unlimited ammo or ironman and Thor taking off snakes head.

Pure soldier skill vs. pure soldier skill

Mabey he can figure out where the bullets are coming, but Snake has hit people that dodge bullets at point blank range. Snake is a better marksman than Raiden, Raiden managed to shoot Vamp in the head, Vamp dodged fire from 3 machine guns without trying hard at all.

Snake will see him toss the shield, I bet he'd figure out that it comes back. Anyway, how would capt see him? He has to dodge bullets by hearing the sound of the bullets leaving the gun.

Stealth is a part of Snake's equipment, if capt A had that with him he'd be allowed to use that too. But the Avengers is not in his equipment, it is not his own power if you get what I mean. Giving him the Avengers is like giving Snake the Patriots or all those hundreds of Metal Gear Ray's.

K no unlimited ammo and no Avengers. But still, the Avengers are only there to help capt A, it's not like he is the one doing the job if he calls them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.