Your Favorite Star Wars Vehicle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quiero Mota
As a car enthusiast and the owner of a performance shop, one of my incentives to watch a Sci-Fi movie is for the beautiful machines! Orale! I think The Phantom Menace had the best rides of any SW flick, ey. The Queens personal ship, Dath Maul's ship, Sebulba's orange podracer (that was sweet, homes!), the bongo, and the Naboo N-1 star fighter was no doubt the most beautiful craft in ANY of the movies! It had a sleek body, an ultra glossy candy-sheen coat of canary-yellow, offset by a highly reflective chrome finish! BEAUTIFUL! ORALE! I could've swore that thing was owned by a latino!

.....and while I'm at it......the ships in the old movies were incredibly ugly! They all had a very dull gray matte color, with absolutely NO finish! That's just reprehensible, ese! Those things were pinche feo, que no??

Cascador
Do ships count?

Super Star Destroyer! It RULEZ, MAN!

BAILY
Bail's airspeeder.. that car is a hotrod if I ever saw one!! My fav vehicle!!

Sorgo
This should be in the EU Section.

sithsaber408
I was always partial to the speeder bikes!!!

Just imagine sitting on one and blasting off down the desert(or forest).

Kinda like a Schwinn, with white walls and a bannan seat, only faster.

Oh, and the OT ships (with the notable exception of the falcon and Vader's super star destroyer) are ugly.

The y-wing bomber looks like an old chopped up buick.. Pinche meirda,ese.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Sorgo

Why?

This is a forum for Episode's I-III, and I seem to recall that those movies have vehicle's in them.

wink1

ESB - 1138
Am I the only one who says the Falcon is the greatest ship?

Faroth
erm Eh, I don't think it looks too cool stick out tongue

I like the Jedi inter things. (I forgot the name... InterCom I think?)

Cascador
Originally posted by Faroth
erm Eh, I don't think it looks too cool stick out tongue

I like the Jedi inter things. (I forgot the name... InterCom I think?)

That's a device...we're talking about vehicles...

JaehSkywalker
thats called a com-link, and yeah we are talking about vehicles.

my favorite's Jedi starfighter and speeder bikes!

Quiero Mota

No it shouldn't. If I recall correctly the movies had vehicles in them, and that's exactly what I'm talking about, ese.

Yeah Baily, Bail's aircar looked like a '58 T-bird. Which isn't suprising, cuz Jimmy Smitts is P-Rican. Orale! He prolly requested it, homes.!

Quiero Mota
Speeder Bikes: Very nice design, but they are in dire need of a paint job.

Super Star Destroyer: As a massive military ship, the dull gray look fits it.

The Falcon: It was fast as fuk and it belonged to Han Solo, but it was ugly.

"What a piece of junk!"- Luke

Ast
I pick the Death Star, since it could actually move, I count it as a vehicle. stick out tongue

Sorgo
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Why?

This is a forum for Episode's I-III, and I seem to recall that those movies have vehicle's in them.

wink1

Considering Vehicle's were in most of the Movies and in the EU, It should be in the EU Section.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by Ast
I pick the Death Star, since it could actually move, I count it as a vehicle. stick out tongue

Someone has a better vehicle then you can you just blow up the planet that its on smile

Captain REX
This should be in the EU section, so yes, Sorgo is right, because it's not just Episode I through III. It's all things Star Wars.

Personally, I like the OT ships more than I like any of the PT ships. The X-Wing and the Falcon most notably. Just because they're not pretty doesn't mean they're not cool. People who like things because they're pretty can content themselves with Amidala's silvery boomerangs of starships...

Tangible God
I hated those things, best target ever.

And I used to like the Falcon, but after being mentioned in almost every single book, I feel it's lost its value.

The Executor is my fav. Huge, powerful, and mean looking. Died a horrible death, very sad.

HAROLD
Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter from AOTC was beast.

I happen to prefer a slightly 'used' look to ships, as opposed to the shiny, glossy look of the N-1.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Captain REX
Just because they're not pretty doesn't mean they're not cool.

It all comes down to preference, but in vehicular terms, cool = performance + looks. If it has great performance, but looks like a peice of shit, then its just not cool, ese.

The Millenium Falcon is cool in the sense that its badass, but it isn't the prettiest ship on the market.

X-wing...not a bad shape, but could use a paint job.

The Y-wing....I wont even go there, homes. Not only is it uglier than shit, its incredibly slow.

The A-wing has a very beautiful sleek design and that red stripe down the middle was tight!, que no?

B-wing...very...exotic.

Imperial TIE''s...pinche feo!

The Rebel Blockade Runner has a eye-catchy ivory interior...but the outside looked like a fist clutching a hammer. It's model is a "Corellian Corvette". LOL. I would never call it a "Corvette". Its an insult to the Stingray!

Luke's red land speeder looks like a futuristic concept car from the 1950's. It wasn't too bad.

Unlike the OT ships, the PT had beauty and the speed to augment the coolness. Orale!

Thorin
Originally posted by Ast
dude you stole the words right out of my mouth laughing
the death star is totaly the best. and it has weapons, unlike most small vehicles.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Unlike the OT ships, the PT had beauty and the speed to augment the coolness. Orale!

Once we start getting into the Clone Wars at the end of AOTC and most of the ships in ROTS, I agree with you.

Prior to that...well...they just look unused and decorative. Decorative = lame! If they can be put to good use, good, but the way the N-1 Starfighters look in the hangar...it looks like they've been sitting for a LONG time...

Whereas most of the ships in ROTS and the entire OT look like they've seen some hard action.

And the Falcon was faster than most of the PT ships, methinks, if not more maneuverable.

And no, the Y-Wing does not look grand...it's rather ugly...

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Captain REX
Decorative = lame! If they can be put to good use, good, but the way the N-1 Starfighters look in the hangar...it looks like they've been sitting for a LONG time...

I disagree homes, I have 3 rides myself, and all have a highly reflective coat due to the frequent care I give them....and I drive them ALL THE TIME. The N-1's candycane finish tells me that the pilot is a proud owner who frequently services her appearence, ese. A great paint job, buff job and wax job, does not by ANY MEANS indicate that the vehicle is a showboat with no funtionability.

I venture to say the beat-up look actually fit the Falcon, cuz it seemed to be a reliable workhorse designed for such a life, like a GMC Sierra or a Ford F-150.

I'll admit that the Queen's ship was primarily luxury....all-show, no-go. You could equate it to a Cadillac Coupe Deville.

...and along with the Y-Wing, Jabba's barge is another ugly peice of shit!

Council#13
Originally posted by Cascador
Do ships count?

Super Star Destroyer! It RULEZ, MAN!

Yeah, that thing was like a city!

spekdah
I like Jabbas Sail Barge, man, that thing would be so cool to take on a piss- drinking tour, Imagine an endless party cruising around , parking up. would be frikken handy for surfing as well. Man, Princess Leia shouldve stuck around and paaaaaarrtayyy!!! with Jabba and the boys before killing him. Although the prospect of a very drunk large well-hung slug sliding into yer butt is probably more than ample enough deterent

mechmoggy
Note: While this thread is talking about the vehicles from the films, I'm happy for it to stay in this forum.

Mech

Fox4
To hell with all those!Cliegg's Hover chair is the way to go!

Mišt
The Falconlove

It aint ugly, you're all just non believers mad

Grand Moff Gav
I like the SSD the Death Star and the AT-AT

Stun
grey and ugly? i prefer the runned down look myself, homes!wink as much as the new vehicles are refreshing to look at

Jack Daniels
gotta say falcon or damn near any of them pod racers....lukes speeder doesnt hold up to his dads racer!...lol

Sadako of Girth
Ima guy X-wing/Falcon kind of guy.... smile

Spartan005
My favorites are the Millenium Falcon, X-Wing, ATAT, and the Gunship

Alliance
This is tough...there are so many... I'd have to go with the Naboo N-1, AT-TE, Imperator Class Star Destoyer, LAAT, and the Delta7 Jedi Starfighters.

Throw in the TIE and X-wing too. Guess thats really not a short list, but i think its a good one. I like too many to decide.

overlord
I like the Correlian class Duckmobile.

DrDoom101
i love Jedi Starfighters and Maul's speeder.

Red Superfly
X-Wing by a mile.

Tangible God
A-wings are neat too. No armour, but damn they're fast.

Quiero Mota
Along with color and texture, body shape and body charactaristics are a major contributing factor to looks. Just like a woman, a vehicle should have a sleek body and gentle curves that your eye just wants to follow! Orale! IMO, sharp angles and flat surfaces detract from a vehcle's looks. If it has the aerodynamics of a brick, then I sure wouldn't wanna own it.

I would like the Falcon more, if it didn't have those square-shaped mandibles. Those Clone Transports that rescued the Jedi in Episode II have gotta be slower than hell in atmosphere....they were the shape of a box.

I think Count Dooku has good taste. I like his bike the best, but I would make it gold or silver. And that thing with a sail was so unique, it was just a wonder on its own.

DiamondBullets
The Slave I

Sorgo
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Note: While this thread is talking about the vehicles from the films, I'm happy for it to stay in this forum.

Mech

I like the Seismic Tank.

OH! That wasn't in the Movies!

Quiero Mota
I like the Seismic Tank.

OH! That wasn't in the Movies!

Exactly. Which is why we're just gonna stick to the movies, ese.

Just read my opening post....MOVIE ships are what this thread is about.

Sorgo
Exactly. Which is why we're just gonna stick to the movies, ese.

Just read my opening post....MOVIE ships are what this thread is about.

Nope. Sorry. I like my Seismic Tank.

The title of the Thread does not indicate you mean Movie posts. It refers to a general base of Vehicles.

This should be in the EU either way as a Vehicle thread.

Quiero Mota
Oh well.

preysin
x-wing and imperial figthers.

Ganner Rhysode
The Executor-class Super Star Destroyer is my personal favorite. <3

Quiero Mota
Everyone seems to like the Executor.

DiamondBullets
Speeder: Battle Droid STAP (It's a pogo-stick with lasers!)

Star Fighter: TIE Interceptor

Freighter: Slave I

Capital Ship: Mon Cal Cruiser

willman
i like the wookie ornithopter, the barc speeder and the falcon.

Ganner Rhysode
Everyone seems to like the Executor.

I disagree. Most people whose favorite ship is a capital ship usually tend to lean more towards the Eclipse or the Sun Crusher.

peruboy
The jedi starfighters of Episode 3, I remember the first time I saw them I miss them for TIE fighters! and the ARC-170, it looks like an updated version of the X-wing!!!

general_lloyd
exept it has 2 more wings if u hadent noticed

general_lloyd
oh were is every body (in a c-3po voice)
confused

general_lloyd
any way getting back to the conversacion i pessenaly think that the clone turbo tank is the best
thumb up

willman
snowspeeder! snowspeeder! snowspeeder! snowspeeder!

general_lloyd
no way turbo tank turbo tankcrazy

preysin
Empirial figthter

Fox4
Favorite speeder:BARC Speeder
Favorite Fighter:Jedi Interceptor
Favorite Ground Vehicle:Turbo Tank

general_lloyd
good choise mate very good choisedance

craft-a-saber
i think the best vehicle is anakins modified jedi starfighter featured in ROTS at the beginning

the jedi starfighter in my oppinion is the best but as anakins is modified then of course his rules

general_lloyd
no way of corse it has to be the clone turbo tank that is ze best
no

willman
the turbo tank is pretty awesome, i mean that thing has an endless list of weapons...

Heavy laser cannon turret, rapid repeating laser cannon, 2 medium laser cannons; 2 twin blaster cannons; 2 rocket/grenade launchers.

then theres its size...

49.4 meters long; 30.4 meters tall (with mast)

and it was made in Kuat Drive Yards (which sound cool)

VIDEODROME
The Imperial Shuttlecraft

willman
what, that horrible thing with the folding wings? no way

VIDEODROME
Yup. If it's good enough for Darth Vader it's good enough for me.

steverules
Slave 1 (no doubt)

general_lloyd
my favorite ground tank the turbo tank(oveously)
my favorite space thing has to be the Arc 170
but slave 1 and the imperial shuttle just r sooo ugly!

Fox4
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/turbotank/img/eu_bg.jpg

Darth Subjekt
The Falcon...all the way. How can you get a better ship than that? then after that I'd say the Emporer's Shuttle in ROTS. Much like the Tyderian, only without the top fin. DOPENESS. But the Falcon is the BEST EVER!!!

roughrider
The prequel trilogy to the original trilogy show evolution of design, from fanciful to more industrial and worklike. We've seen that change in architecture in the past two centuries, where engineering has become more prominent that aesthetics. The film saga underscores this, to show time passing. Plus, the Rebel Alliance was always on the run, getting used equipment and fighters, which led to the grittier, more used look.
That look was revolutionary then; spaceships prior to ANH always looked sterile, not lived in.
I grew up with the original trilogy, so I am partial to the Hoth Snowspeeders (they make a great entrance across the screen), plus the X-Wing and B-Wing fighters. The prequel trilogy, I really like the Jedi Starfighters from ROTS; and the Naboo diplomatic cruiser from AOTC, with that huge wingspan.
Those corellian ships - Han's and Dash Rendar's - how hard could they be to manuver with the cockpit planted on one side of the ship?

chinabing
The falcon looks like a fat hamburger. But it's got great doors, a great interior, (Thanks, Mr. Boorman), and it's awesome when Han runs in and says "Chewie get us out of here! The x-wings were cool, and so were the y-wings. Luke's landspeeder is wonderful.

Queen Amidala's starship is awesome. I also like the Naboo fighter and the trade federation ships. When the core ship falls in AOTC it's awesome. The Republic Gunship is great too. Some of the vehicles were on screen too briefly to get attached to them.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
The Falcon...all the way. How can you get a better ship than that? then after that I'd say the Emporer's Shuttle in ROTS. Much like the Tyderian, only without the top fin. DOPENESS. But the Falcon is the BEST EVER!!!

The Falcon has superb performance, but its uglier than shit!

"What a piece of junk!"- Luke

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by chinabing
The falcon looks like a fat hamburger.

laughing

general_lloyd
laughing

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Am I the only one who says the Falcon is the greatest ship?

No I also say the Falcon is the greatest ship. cool

darthvader_fan
arc clone fighters are the bomb

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.