Martian Manhunter vs. Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superman420sexy
I think the powers of these two guys speak for themselves. This is an awesome fight , and if it has been done bfore , I'm sorry.. Well who wins? I' say manhunter 6/10 because he can probably phase through magneto's shield. Does he have matter or energy when he phases?

DrDoom101
Martian Manhunter 8.5/10

1) Speedblitz
2) Toss a building at Magneto
3) Turn invisible and strangle Magneto from the back
4) Turn invisible and sneak attack Magneto
5) Turn invisible and blast Martian Vision when Magnetos not aware (unless he has his force field up 24/7)

superman420sexy
could he phase through the forcefield? The field is actually a superstrong field that repels mass and energy o the atomic level. Basically, its a force that repels atoms that come in contact with it. If martian manhunter actually phases through metal and stuff, i doubt he has mass. So he could phase through his shield, right?

DrDoom101
well does he turn it on 24/7 all week long? Or does he turn it on whenever he feels like it? I do believe MM can phase through it. if not, MM can punch through it like Superman did to Super Skrull in the crossovers

superman420sexy
how could martian manhunter punch through it if superman supposedly can't

DrDoom101
Superman broke though Super-Skrull's force field in the crossovers. If MM starts at 55,000 miles from MAgneto and speedblitzes, he wins.

superman420sexy
then go say that on the supoerman vs. magneto forum lol

superman420sexy
and u will get argued with

demigawd
For god's sake...

Actually, this would be a harder fight for Magneto than the Superman fight. Phasing won't work...Hub tried and failed. Vision was also unable to do it. In fact, there's a chance MM could kill himself in the process...his atoms would essentially be repelled and possibly tossed in a million directions. But I'd have to know more about the science behind his phasing to make a firm judgment on whether it would kill MM.

And if Thor and She-Hulk at the same time can't punch through the forcefield, MM sure ain't.

Mental attacks would be blocked by Magneto's helmet.

So MM's greatest strengths are neutralized by Magneto, leaving someone not quite as strong, nowhere near as fast as Superman against him. Magneto then finishes MM off with a solar flare that sets him on fire. And because Magneto is pissed by all these DC threads, there's enough hate behind it that it would still ignite MM's phobia of fire.

demigawd
Magneto's forcefield > Super-Skrulls forcefield, which is weaker than Sue's forcefield. Super-Skrull's forcefield, unlike Magneto's, IS a brute force forcefield...which means enough force can break it. Totally different ballgame.

demigawd
And I see once again the DC fanboys preferred approach...insta speedblitz! :lame:

superman420sexy
how does magneto make solar flares?

demigawd
Like so:

Superherovandal
he really isn't week to fire so that is null and void.

demigawd
Wrong. MM specifically says that fire with malace associated with it he's still weak against - like an arsonist. He can only handle fires created randomly - like a forest fire.

superman420sexy
so your saying the only people who can beat magneto arre people who can magically disrupt his forcefield and others on the em spectrum?

demigawd
There are lots of people who can beat Magneto. MM and Superman just aren't among them.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by demigawd
And I see once again the DC fanboys preferred approach...insta speedblitz! :lame: It's similar to Mags insta-shield argument.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by superman420sexy
how does magneto make solar flares? Mags controls all forces of nature.

superman420sexy
so who else can beat magneto demi?

demigawd
Originally posted by snoopdogg
It's similar to Mags insta-shield argument.

Not even close. It still leaves many strategies and avenues for attack and discussion. Ending a fight before it begins does not.

The Ion
Originally posted by superman420sexy
so who else can beat magneto demi?
Screw that. I'd like to know to who he can't beat.

demigawd
Besides, I used the insta-shield as a reaction to the almighty speedblitz that I've now encountered on EVERY vs. JLA member thread this week.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DrDoom101
MM can punch through it like Superman did to Super Skrull in the crossovers

never happened..... that was the Impossible Man (and i'm reasonably sure it's non-canon)

snoopdogg
Not even close. It still leaves many strategies and avenues for attack and discussion. Ending a fight before it begins does not. When it's actually within a characters power like Supermans it is a viable tactic.

Superherovandal
I don't think that Magneto hating him and setting him on fire really would hurt him only like if he was like setting an orphanage on fire.

Juntai
I dunno, the OMACs used fire on him, and he just held up an arm to block it. He didn't like melt into a puddle or anything like he used to. He didn't seem weakned by it, but it held him at bay. It's psychological weakness rather than physical weakness.

demigawd
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I don't think that Magneto hating him and setting him on fire really would hurt him only like if he was like setting an orphanage on fire.

No - it just has to have malace. MM didn't quantify or say it had to be against someone other than himself.

When it's actually within a characters power like Supermans it is a viable tactic.

But it has to be both in his power and in his character. It's not in the latter. A forcefield is for Magneto.

demigawd
Originally posted by Juntai
I dunno, the OMACs used fire on him, and he just held up an arm to block it. He didn't like melt into a puddle or anything like he used to. He didn't seem weakned by it, but it held him at bay. It's psychological weakness rather than physical weakness.

But OMACs are thinking machines...there's no emotion behind them. There is for Magneto. That's the difference maker for MM.

snoopdogg

But it has to be both in his power and in his character. It's not in the latter. A forcefield is for Magneto. A speedblitz is in character for Superman.

MM may be another story though. I wouldn't use speedblitz as a option for MM.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Juntai

It definitely had an effect on him though:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2133/untitledscanned205ws.th.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4977/untitledscanned064gt.th.jpg

demigawd
Wow, looks like more than just an effect....

leonheartmm
mags wins, threres nuthin in MM arsenal that can get him the win.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by leonheartmm
mags wins, threres nuthin in MM arsenal that can get him the win. Well Mags has can control all forces of nature.

So he is pretty unstoppable.

leonheartmm
Well Mags has can control all forces of nature.

So he is pretty unstoppable.

well with the exception of psionic, cosmic and mystical forces.

supremthor
are you people serious. martain manhunter has to many ways of killing mags. MM is faster stronger smarter and can take more hits then mags. MM is a stronger telep then X

demigawd
Faster and stronger I'll grant you. Smarter...I doubt it. And telepathy means nothing when you're fighting somebody who can block it.

Magneto takes this without too much trouble, though it's never easy against these DC types, is it?

xmarksthespot
He's only managed to block Xavier when he's had all his focus on blocking Xavier. And even then Xavier has triumphed.

demigawd
Well, Magneto is just fighting Manhunter, isn't he?

Besides, this scans says otherwise.

And keep in mind, this was before the creation of the thought-proof helmet during Morrison's run.

Note how he is able to mentally fight Xavier AND still attack him from a distance.

xmarksthespot
Well, Magneto is just fighting Manhunter, isn't he?

Besides, this scans says otherwise.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/Mindwipem.png
And keep in mind, this was before the creation of the thought-proof helmet during Morrison's run.

Note how he is able to mentally fight Xavier AND still attack him from a distance. Wasn't that Xorn?

Xavier is not a crimefighter by nature or occupation. He is a teacher. If he doesn't hold himself back however he can be brutal.

Martian Manhunter is a more powerful telepath than Xavier - at least so I'm told.

demigawd
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/Mindwipem.png

Context is important (scan from a few pages before your scan):

You'll note that he not only needs Jean to penetrate Magneto's psychic defenses, but a team of X-men to serve as distraction as well.

That had nothing to do with the helmet, though. In fact, Quentin Quire re-created the helmet using Magneto's design that he found on the internet.

Xavier has tried and failed to put down Magneto when his students' lives were at stake. It doesn't take much to psi-bolt somebody without killing them. In that sense, it's something both Xavier and MM have in common. Magneto has shown he can resist that, even without the thought-proof helmet he uses now.

Oh, he also uses the helmet during the Excalibur run, which prevents Xavier from getting in his head, which leads to Xavier worrying about what Magneto is up to since he can't monitor him anymore.

That itself is another debate entirely. At the very least...they're comparable.

xmarksthespot
I know the context. However you saying that Magneto has immunity to telepathy is incorrect. He is strong willed and can resist telepathy when he is focused on doing so. But by no means immune. Xavier was also hindered by his use of the armour allowing him to walk taxing him. Xavier was able to rob him of his mind, Xavier in Eve of Destruction made him unable to use his powers.

demigawd
I didn't say Magneto was immune to telepathy. I said he had various ways to preventing it from affecting him. He has his EM field that we both know blocks telepathy, he has his rock solid willpower, and as of the Morrison run (after Eve of Destruction), he has his thought-proof helmet that DOES make the wearer immune to telepathy, as it did Xorn, Quentin and Magneto.

bigbang
jon jonz win magneto lose

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.