Superman (current) and Wonder Woman vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
?

BobbyD
....first inclination says the fight goes to Thanos more often than not due to teleportation despite that Clark and Diana work well as a team. Thanos 95/100.

dvampire
The Team wins.

the Darkone
Thanos will beat down superman then take wonder woman as his slave.

slade10
Honestly, I don't normally post here. But do the people on this board even know who thanos is? Think pre-crisis darkseid...

brainchild81
Yes. I've heard someone say that Thanos was a well written Darkseid. Thanos would kill Supes almost instantly and then keep WW as his smutty buddy.

demigawd
Double speed-blitz!!!!! 2 million punches of mountain-shattering power a second!!! Thanos DIES

slade10
Originally posted by demigawd
Double speed-blitz!!!!! 2 million punches of mountain-shattering power a second!!! Thanos DIES

Speed isn't everything. You have to have the force to back it up. Thanos has fought surfer and the runner, both of whom are faster than superman.

demigawd
Originally posted by slade10
Speed isn't everything. You have to have the force to back it up. Thanos has fought surfer and the runner, both of whom are faster than superman.

You make it sound as if Thanos has never been hurt. Warrior's Madness Thor made Thanos bleed. Magus put down Thanos. Wolverine successfully slashed Thanos. So he's hurtable. So a herald level opponent is certainly capable of hurting Thanos. Now multiply that by one million punches per second.

Surfer has never speedblitzed Thanos, and Runner never even attacked Thanos directly.

jasofisc
i think the team can win. I think when people think of thanos they think of thanos with the IG. normal thanos would go down with out supes and WW speed blitzing him.

demigawd
Agreed!

Speed-blitz makes KMC fights so much easier for me! I'm unstoppable!!!!

golem370
Well If your going to talk about speedblitz then I will bring up Thanos pretty much owning both Lobo & Captain Marvel in Marvel vs DC comic

demigawd
But neither Lobo nor Cap Marvel tried to speedblitz Thanos.

golem370
That because it would not be effect Thanos to much. Thanos has dodged Silver Surfer while trying to snatch the Gauntlet Glove from his hand thats warp speed reflexes. Thanos not only has a powerful force Field that took multiple shot by the Champion to crack, Champion the one known for destroying planets with his punches.Thanos also has teleportation. He also since nobody was really specific about which Thanos was fighting has withstood power shots from the current Beyonder. and Floored Galactus although not for long

demigawd
Originally posted by golem370
That because it would not be effect Thanos to much. Thanos has dodged Silver Surfer while trying to snatch the Gauntlet Glove from his hand thats warp speed reflexes. Thanos not only has a powerful force Field that took multiple shot by the Champion to crack, Champion the one known for destroying planets with his punches.Thanos also has teleportation. He also since nobody was really specific about which Thanos was fighting has withstood power shots from the current Beyonder. and Floored Galactus although not for long

We don't know how fast Silver Surfer was going in that...the comic never said it was lightspeed, and given that Surfer was pretty close to Thanos, he wouldn't have accelerated to lightspeed in such a short distance. Additionally, it was less that Thanos dodged and more than Surfer missed, as Surfer himself said.

A more accurate measurement is Thanos' inability to deal with Runner's speed. Thanos' whole chair was coming apart and he could hardly perceive Runner's motions. Imagine Runner directing those attacks at THANOS, instead of just his chair. That's what would happen against Superman.

You would need to show examples of Thanos explicitly fighting someone using FTL ATTACK speeds against him and overcoming it. I don't think it's ever happened. Without PIS/CIS, Superman does it every time!

leonidas
We don't know how fast Silver Surfer was going in that...the comic never said it was lightspeed, and given that Surfer was pretty close to Thanos, he wouldn't have accelerated to lightspeed in such a short distance. Additionally, it was less that Thanos dodged and more than Surfer missed, as Surfer himself said.

A more accurate measurement is Thanos' inability to deal with Runner's speed. Thanos' whole chair was coming apart and he could hardly perceive Runner's motions. Imagine Runner directing those attacks at THANOS, instead of just his chair. That's what would happen against Superman.

You would need to show examples of Thanos explicitly fighting someone using FTL ATTACK speeds against him and overcoming it. I don't think it's ever happened. Without PIS/CIS, Superman does it every time!

jawdrop

well written, there is a chance the team can pull it off. IF they can get the lasso around thanos, he'd have little options -- it's held people more powerful than thanos.

still, getting it around him would NOT be easy . . .

demigawd
Originally posted by leonidas
jawdrop

well written, there is a chance the team can pull it off. IF they can get the lasso around thanos, he'd have little options -- it's held people more powerful than thanos.

still, getting it around him would NOT be easy . . .

They can get the lasso around him before he could even react. They can both move at FTL speeds. Thanos can not. Thanos, with his little Thanosmobile, can TRAVEL at FTL speeds. But Thanos by himself can't move that fast.

The fight starts and Thanos is instantly encircled.

Then beaten up.

Then tossed into a sun.

In the phantom zone.

Superman!!! lol

Beyonder
You make it sound as if Thanos has never been hurt. Warrior's Madness Thor made Thanos bleed.

Warrior Madness Thor had the Power Gem. He got that Gem right after he beat down Infinity Watch. WM Thor without Gem also stomped Pluto and Ares.

When he had the IG. Also back before Thanos was ressurected.

Wolverine also successfully cut throw Onslaught's shield. Also cut Hulk's skin and Thing's face. Wolverine's done stupid things with his claws.

Herald level opponents was back in the old days of Thanos. Last time I checked, Drax and Surfer were downed by Odin in blast each. While a host of other herald beings weren't even worth Tyrant's time.

I doubt this is love for Superman. Your trying degrade speedblitz and Superman's advantage by supporting it in the manner you've all of a sudden had. IMO, this is your new devious plot to end speedblitz as an advantage over Magneto. evil face

And how the hell do you land a million punches per second?

demigawd
Beyonder, my old friend! So cynical, you are! I LOOOOOVE Superman! Embrace the speedblitz.....the speedblitz is life! It's love!

Originally posted by Beyonder
Warrior Madness Thor had the Power Gem. He got that Gem right after he beat down Infinity Watch. WM Thor without Gem also stomped Pluto and Ares.

Superman punching one million times per second + Wonder Woman punching one million times per second >>> WM Thor w/Power Gem punching Thanos twice.

Magus didn't have the IG the time he beat Thanos. At least not the time Im referring to...also Magus couldn't speedblitz Thanos. Superman and WW can!

I don't remember Wolverine cutting through Onslaught's shield. And he SHOULD be able to cut Hulk's skin and Thing's face. It's just that Hulk heals afterwards. Superman could smash both of them too with the speedblitz!!!

Surfer didn't speedblitz Thanos, because he's not a warrior. Superman is. That's the difference. He'd speedblitz Drax too and down him just as fast as Odin!!!

No, no. I looooove Superman! He makes debating fun! love

The Superman can.

The Superman can.

leonidas
sick

thesilverspider
I lost all respect for you DEmi..................

demigawd
lol. Don't hate. Appreciate!

demigawd
Don't make me go to the Superman respect thread and start posting speed feats! I'll do it!

thesilverspider
no you're not the man you used to be I'm disgustedsick:

demigawd
But....speedblitz! Why can everybody embrace it and love it and use it but Demigawd? sad

speed...blitz....

leonidas
crybaby

dvampire
They can get the lasso around him before he could even react. They can both move at FTL speeds. Thanos can not. Thanos, with his little Thanosmobile, can TRAVEL at FTL speeds. But Thanos by himself can't move that fast.

The fight starts and Thanos is instantly encircled.

Then beaten up.

Then tossed into a sun.

In the phantom zone.

Superman!!! lol

Agreed! big grin

Sir Whirlysplat
We have a new convert to the KMC Justice League.

The Ion
I think demi should be inducted into the Forum Justice League. yes

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by The Ion
I think demi should be inducted into the Forum Justice League. yes
Brother League member, see the post above your own!

The Ion
Looks we posted simultaneously.

The League grows stronger everyday. thumb up

Sir Whirlysplat
Looks we posted simultaneously.

The League grows stronger everyday. thumb up

Indeed I think we should all put it under our sigs. I am doing it now!

demigawd
thank you, brothers! It's an honor to be inducted!

It's all easy livin now!

SPEEDBLITZ....done.

Let's go JLA! love

thesilverspider
Screw JLA it's all about the JSA..............shifty

demigawd
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Screw JLA it's all about the JSA..............shifty

Any good speedblitzers on there? I'm all about convenience now....

golem370
He teleports Superman and Wonder Woman into a Red Sun. Thanos is a badass far beyond Superman and Wonder Woman could ever imagine.

thesilverspider
Any good speedblitzers on there? I'm all about convenience now....
HEy they got the best flash and the best green lantern oh and spectre nuff said.

demigawd
Originally posted by golem370
He teleports Superman and Wonder Woman into a Red Sun. Thanos is a badass far beyond Superman and Wonder Woman could ever imagine.

He'd be knocked out and lassoed before he got the chance to finish the sentence, "teleport them"

demigawd
HEy they got the best flash and the best green lantern oh and spectre nuff said.

Oh! love

Can Spectre speedblitz too????

The Ion
Wally > Jay and the JLA has had 4 GL's compared to JSA's 1. thumb down

thesilverspider
Wally > Jay and the JLA has had 4 GL's compared to JSA's 1. thumb down
Jay's the man Fuc'k wally and Alan is a true pimp who is way better then all those green lantern corps loser..........shifty

Sir Whirlysplat
Jay's the man Fuc'k wally and Alan is a true pimp who is way better then all those green lantern corps loser..........shifty

Naah: Charlie Bronson is the man!

GODSCRIBE
Thanos wins 10/10

jasofisc
after reading some of these posts i'm beginning to think thanos would win just because I hate the speed blitz agument. Why? becasue the person never seems to punch anyharder then a few humans with every punch. furthermore nobody fights consistantly in speed blitz other than KC flash who was in a constant state of speed to where it seemed he couldn't even comuncate with others because of it.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Thanos wins 10/10

Naah!!!

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Naah!!!

true 11/10

dvampire
Originally posted by jasofisc
after reading some of these posts i'm beginning to think thanos would win just because I hate the speed blitz agument. Why? becasue the person never seems to punch anyharder then a few humans with every punch. furthermore nobody fights consistantly in speed blitz other than KC flash who was in a constant state of speed to where it seemed he couldn't even comuncate with others because of it.

Superman has consistantly been written to speedbiltz. Also, him and WW both both punch far harder than some humans. smile

dvampire
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
true 11/10

For Supes and WW! big grin

demigawd
Originally posted by dvampire
Superman has consistantly been written to speedbiltz. Also, him and WW both both punch far harder than some humans. smile

Just a little bit harder.

Any times you've ever seen Superman or Wonder Woman NOT speedblitzing someone, it's because it's PIS!

And there IS no PIS on THIS board!!!

dvampire
Just a little bit harder.

Any times you've ever seen Superman or Wonder Woman NOT speedblitzing someone, it's because it's PIS!

And there IS no PIS on THIS board!!!

True. Like Superman vs. Mongul, when Superman really doesn't feel like dealing with him, he makes short work of him with a speedbiltz!!! big grin

jasofisc
Superman does not speed blitz in every comic he's in. He didn't speed blitz in the death of superman, tower of babel, dark knight returns, every time he ever faces batman or darkseid (at lest not in the way people on these forums explain speed blitzing which is a million moutain shatering blows) I still think supes and WW take this fight i just hate the speed blitz agument.

demigawd
Superman does not speed blitz in every comic he's in. He didn't speed blitz in the death of superman, tower of babel, dark knight returns, every time he ever faces batman or darkseid (at lest not in the way people on these forums explain speed blitzing which is a million moutain shatering blows) I still think supes and WW take this fight i just hate the speed blitz agument.

If Superman isn't speedblitzing, it's PIS! The writers need to keep up the drama, you know.

The JLAKMC knows best - if you speedblitz once, you can speedblitz every time!

The Ion
If he speedblitzed the comic would be over in 2 pages. One to show the blitz and one to show the results (i.e. his dead opponent).

Kinda like this casual blitz.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/9875/action823146td.th.jpg http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/517/action82315164om.th.jpg

spideycarnage
thanos smacks around surfer all the time, he can handle supes and WW speed.

demigawd
Originally posted by spideycarnage
thanos smacks around surfer all the time, he can handle supes and WW speed.

Surfer never used his speed against Thanos, though. He's not warrior enough to. That's the difference.

jasofisc
from what I can tell superman is not in a constant state of speed in any comic. If he were it would make it very very hard for him to communcate. To him he would be saying a simple sentence that would last for a mounth then wait another mounth for the reaction. From what I can tell he has to access it like he does for his heat vision, unlike his durablity and strength.

demigawd
from what I can tell superman is not in a constant state of speed in any comic. If he were it would make it very very hard for him to communcate. To him he would be saying a simple sentence that would last for a mounth then wait another mounth for the reaction. From what I can tell he has to access it like he does for his heat vision, unlike his durablity and strength.

He was easily able to react to in superspeed just by hearing or sensing something. Read his battle with Wonder Woman to see how quickly he can move and react! He heard a bullet from a gun across the planet fire a couple of feet away from his wife, he reacted fast enough to fly there, put cotton in her ears to guard against the sonic boom, intercept the bullet and KO the bad guys before anybody knew what was happening, lol.

SPEEDBLITZ!!!

jasofisc
ion that pic does not look like the kind of speed blitz that you guys are talking about (a million punches at mountain shatering impact) He's just flying into him really really fast. I like the pic, expeshaly the comment about kyrpto being a little rat (he certainly looks like one)

The Ion
Comic book science. You know you've seen people fly at supersonic speeds and carry on conversations like normal.

The Ion
ion that pic does not look like the kind of speed blitz that you guys are talking about (a million punches at mountain shatering impact) He's just flying into him really really fast. I like the pic, expeshaly the comment about kyrpto being a little rat (he certainly looks like one)
That's a casual blitz. Supes was mildly pissed and being weakened by Knite which is why he has gray temples.

jasofisc
ok a sonic boom right by a normal person would kill them cotton or not. However that does not explain how he communcates with people considering all speech would seem like gibberish to him because it would take such a long time.

demigawd

Check out his fights against Mongul and Imperiex! SPEEDBLITZ, with punches, heat vision, ice breath all at the same time!

thesilverspider
It's cis when surfer don't use speed on thanos.When surfer uses all his powers thanos doesn't stand a chance just like supes against a confident green lantern.

demigawd
ok a sonic boom right by a normal person would kill them cotton or not. However that does not explain how he communcates with people considering all speech would seem like gibberish to him because it would take such a long time.

He just instantly reacts and flies, but he's not always moving or talking in superspeed. He is, however, always thinking that fast!

jasofisc
Ion you have a point about Comic book science, which also has speedsters geting hit by people much much slower then them. your right it just pises me off. i know that when a story is going and the hero has to do something beyond beliefe they do, I just don't like it superman is powerfull enought without speed blitzing every one.

jasofisc
that's the point demi he's thinking that fast so everything to him is carrying on at a snales pase to his brain. That sounds like living in hell. always talking slowly and waiting for ever for a person to say something.

demigawd
Yes, but this is KMC...and on KMC, we ignore PIS, because there IS no plot on these battles. Just brutal, bone-crunching, brawling battles and blitzes!

SPEEDBLITZ!!!

jasofisc
wow demi you are just on a speedblitz craze today huh

demigawd
that's the point demi he's thinking that fast so everything to him is carrying on at a snales pase to his brain. That sounds like living in hell. always talking slowly and waiting for ever for a person to say something.

Superman is totally about self-control, both mental and physical. That's how you can be strong enough to slice through planets but gentle enough to **** your wife without splitting her in two, and sensitive enough to hear a butterly floating in China without being overwhelmed by the sheer number of voices around the world.

demigawd
wow demi you are just on a speedblitz craze today huh

It makes life on KMC so much easier. Don't resist! Give in!

jasofisc
very funny demi it's crazy though that he can have that much self control I think my diffnition of supes speed ablitys makes more since but your's is probley what his comic's want us to swallow.

dvampire

Superman and Doomsday was fighting over sound speed, since than Doomsday has become even faster and stronger. I like the speedbiltz arguement, if they have the speed to do it and has done it, they can speedbiltz. smile

jasofisc
it would make it easier just say supes speed blitzs the spectra and kills him and have the universe with him.

thesilverspider
you can not speed blitz the spectre.

jasofisc
I see no indication of supes and doomsday fighting over the speed of sound in death of superman

jasofisc
it was a joke silverspider

The Ion
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/9086/page094br.th.jpg

demigawd

Hmmm....can't you, now?

dvampire
I see no indication of supes and doomsday fighting over the speed of sound in death of superman

Go read the book again then. Superman back then was faster than sound, Doomsday got even faster through out the fight and was sad to be faster than the Flash (who was slower back then btw).

demigawd

PIS...Black Adam wasn't even going lightspeed.

Methinks even the Spectre is speedblitzable.

TheKahn

damn

demigawd
No one is safe!

jasofisc
dvamp that was all stated by a human seeing it. Perhaps booster gold was exagerating, he was after all able to get his shiled up before he got punched a few pannels back.

thesilverspider
That had no real effect on him.plus spectre was just jobbing for that lil bit.

jasofisc
ion what was the out come of the black adam specter fight. By the way I think that maybe the worse PIS i've ever seen. it's on the level with cap taking down king thor. Specter killed shazam for the love of zeus. and turned one of the quintessence into a mouse

The Ion
Spectre killed Atom Smasher and took off to kill Shazam.

jasofisc
you mean black adam right

The Ion
No, I mean Atom Smasher.

jasofisc
really what happened to black adam then

Darth_Erebus
Well, after reading through all these replies, most of which are useless, I'll add this observation.

Thanos has held his own against Odin for a time even if he got the worst of it...I'd say he can take these 2 without much trouble.

The Ion
He went off to fight the JSA.

dvampire
dvamp that was all stated by a human seeing it. Perhaps booster gold was exagerating, he was after all able to get his shiled up before he got punched a few pannels back.

Well even if you don't take what Gold said, Superman (who was as fast as the Flash back then) admitted countless of times that Doomsday was fast, he even stated that he had to move even faster to keep up with him.

King KAM
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Well, after reading through all these replies, most of which are useless, I'll add this observation.

Thanos has held his own against Odin for a time even if he got the worst of it...I'd say he can take these 2 without much trouble. he didnt get the worst of it, Odin didnt even hurt him, Thanos was gonna take odins staff and fornicate him with it.

jasofisc
I know what your talking about dvamp but that doesn't mean they where going supersonic, it could just be bad writting or at least entertaining writing. normal people could follow the action which means that they could be going fast just not ridculisly fast. (I loved how doomsday was like a comic Jason vorhise)

dvampire
I know what your talking about dvamp but that doesn't mean they where going supersonic, it could just be bad writting or at least entertaining writing. normal people could follow the action which means that they could be going fast just not ridculisly fast. (I loved how doomsday was like a comic Jason vorhise)

It does to me, Doomsday you used speed through out the whole book, and was only getting faster not slower. From when Gold said he was faster than the Flash to the point where Superman stated that he had to move faster to fight him, they were fighting at high speeds that was over sound speed.

The people were following the damage they were making around them, it's easy to follow them when that's going on. The camera men could even keep up until they stop to give there final blows.

jasofisc
well dvamp I just don't think the artist was or the writer was trying to show that they were going faster then the speed of sound that may be bad writting but it's just what it seemed like because booster gold was able to with just human reflexes get his sheild up, not to mention the guys in the glider things were albe to hit doomsday and superman, further more they didn't seem like they were a blur to the people watching which is what supersonic people would look like on ground level and in relatily close distance. You maybe right and the artist just didn't do good job showing their speed. However back to topic superman and wonder woman take it to thanos like thor and thing (I know they lost but they were doing pretty good )did except harder and with more powers at their command. Normal thanos goes down.

dvampire
It does to me, Doomsday you used speed through out the whole book, and was only getting faster not slower. From when Gold said he was faster than the Flash to the point where Superman stated that he had to move faster to fight him, they were fighting at high speeds that was over sound speed.

The people were following the damage they were making around them, it's easy to follow them when that's going on. The camera men couldn't even keep up until they stop to give there final blows.

They don't have to look like blurs, the text say's it all.

jasofisc
the cammra crew were following them and people could see them on their tv's, again it's not like anybody herd a sonic boom or couldn't follow the action of every blow. the text is by people who may not know what their talking about or are scared like booster. I just don't see any real indacation that they were fighting that fast. I imagen they were fighting very fast like hundreds of miles an hour, I guess they could be going faster then sound it's just that nobody complained about a sonic boom or anything like that but as ion pointed out earlyer it's comic book sceince.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.