Thanos vs superman with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
this fight takes place in the sun. thanos doesnt have his tech and theres no prep. bloodlust is on. who wins?

supremthor
and this is before death banished thanos

Mordum
Can thanos survive in the sun?

supremthor
i think he could with no problem

King KAM
Originally posted by supremthor
i think he could with no problem i dont know thats some big heat

Avalonofthewind
Thanos loses this one pretty bad.
This is too much of a handicap match, and pretty unfair.
It's directly in Supermans power source, he's virtually unbeatable in there.

demigawd
Thanos can't speedblitz, can he? What stops a sundipped Superman from punching Thanos a million times in a second before Thanos can react? Thanos was at least somewhat injured by a few shots from Warrior's Madness Thor. Sundipped Superman is probably just as strong. Multiply the damage Thanos took by 10 million in the same span of time...

hahaha...this is fun! I've been livin wrong all these years. I'm gonna argue for Superman more often....

Avalonofthewind
In the sun Supes was doing pretty well against Cythonna, a kryptonian Ice goddess who totally owned him on earth...and this is even before he started "Sundipping" for even more power.

It's an unfair matchup. Supes will exponentially get stronger and invulnerable while fighting.

slade10
1. Thanos teleports both of them into a red sun. Proceeds to tear superman's head off.

2. Thanos blows up the sun with cosmic energy. Proceeds to tear superman's head off.

3. Thanos takes every blow superman has until the sun dies a natural death. Proceeds to tear superman's head off.

Superman has nothing in his powerset to harm thanos. If thanos can take full-on attacks from galactus, tyrant, and odin in asgard, superman (sun-dipped or otherwise) is not going to harm him one bit. I don't think he's ever been harmed by physical attacks. No one lower than a cosmic energy wielder/matter manipulator has even been able to touch him. No one, afaik, has ever really ko'd him, other than warlock with the soulgem (which wasn't really a ko). Punches and heat certainly aren't going to do the trick.

On the other hand, I doubt superman even sun-dipped can take a single focused blow/blast from thanos. A guy who can ko surfer with ease, and hurt tyrant has massive power output. The sun may be superman's power source, but thanos is powered by the ambient cosmic energy present throughout the universe. Thanos is ALWAYS, as it were, sun-dipped.

slade10
Oh, and didn't superman lose the fight to cynthonna even in the sun, but end up being saved by lois? in any event, cynthonna was far weaker than any of the skyfather+ entities that thanos fights on a regular basis. i mean, she was trapped by the sun's gravity...

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by slade10
1. Thanos teleports both of them into a red sun. Proceeds to tear superman's head off.

2. Thanos blows up the sun with cosmic energy. Proceeds to tear superman's head off.

3. Thanos takes every blow superman has until the sun dies a natural death. Proceeds to tear superman's head off.

Superman has nothing in his powerset to harm thanos. If thanos can take full-on attacks from galactus, tyrant, and odin in asgard, superman (sun-dipped or otherwise) is not going to harm him one bit. I don't think he's ever been harmed by physical attacks. No one lower than a cosmic energy wielder/matter manipulator has even been able to touch him. No one, afaik, has ever really ko'd him, other than warlock with the soulgem (which wasn't really a ko). Punches and heat certainly aren't going to do the trick.

On the other hand, I doubt superman even sun-dipped can take a single focused blow/blast from thanos. A guy who can ko surfer with ease, and hurt tyrant has massive power output. The sun may be superman's power source, but thanos is powered by the ambient cosmic energy present throughout the universe. Thanos is ALWAYS, as it were, sun-dipped.

No tech/No prep is what the title says.
Thanos can't teleport without tech. He's been shown floating helplessly in space.
Thanos has never taken a full blast from any of those guys, what he has taken though is impressive.
Supermans power grows exponentially in the sun in ALL aspects.

Thanos isn't winning this one.

Oh, and as for Cythonna. They used kryptonite. That old school kryptonian equalizer.

King KAM
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
No tech/No prep is what the title says.
Thanos can't teleport without tech. He's been shown floating helplessly in space.
Thanos has never taken a full blast from any of those guys, what he has taken though is impressive.
Supermans power grows exponentially in the sun in ALL aspects.

Thanos isn't winning this one.

Oh, and as for Cythonna. They used kryptonite. That old school kryptonian equalizer. Thanos may in this fight, but he would have to amp up his body to levels where he might end up destroying himself, more cosmic energy than he can handle

Sixth_Winged
Thanos blows the sun killing superman, survives the nova then the blackhole afterwards but gets pretty messed up.

then uses his robot/tech post match

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/4186/thanossurviveblackhole9ns.th.jpg

But seriously though, this match has the makings of an unfair handicap match.

dvampire
Superman wins, easily too.

slade10
1. Thanos has teleported himself and others without tech. Take a look at the champion vs. thanos thread on this very board.

2. Thanos has fought many beings in the vacuum of space; he is also rated at faster than light speed by the marvel handbook. After losing the IG, you do see him floating in space. If I just lost the power of the universe, I'd probably be moping/weakened too. The fact that I am seen sitting in a chair does not mean I cannot get up from it. It just means I choose not to.

3. It doesn't matter if superman's powers grow. He has nothing in his powerset to harm thanos -- heat and physical blows, for example. Cynthonna was powerful but not even close to skyfather level. . She was trapped by the sun's gravity, for heaven's sake. Even herald level beings (who thanos crushes easily) destroy stars with ease.

And superman LOST to her while sun-dipped, until lois came with kryptonite.

4. Thanos is not Doctor Doom. He uses tech but his powers are not bound to it. He, like a herald, skyfather, or cosmic being, is a cosmic battery. He needs no technology beyond his own body to take someone like superman, sun-dipped or otherwise.

5. Galactus is debatable. But there is zero questoin that tyrant and odin were going all out. (Odin is the weak one of this group, but he was sitting in the source of his power, asgard, and it's debatable how much of a boost this gives him)

Tyrant was injured repeatedly by thanos, and thanos and co were threatening his plan for universal domination. Odin thought thanos and co were threatening thor and asgard. In both instances, multiple heralds were ko'd with ease. Thanos took everything these skyfather+ entities dished out, and dished out some of his own.

6. No one has told a story as to how superman is going to hurt thanos (other than saying he is powerful when sundipped, and citing a storyline where he LOST while sundipped). I've given multiple examples of how thanos could destroy superman, sundipped or otherwise.

7.Superman is extremely powerful. People underrate him because he's an easy target, as the most recognizable name in comicdoom.

But without PIS/CIS, he loses to beings in thanos' league. Thanos fights cosmics and universally powerful entitites, and tosses herald-levels like rag dolls. Superman has little chance here. And it doesn't help get rid of the hate for people to vastly overestimate his capabilities. Can he beat odin, galactus, the living tribunal while sun-dipped as well?

slade10
Originally posted by King KAM
Thanos may in this fight, but he would have to amp up his body to levels where he might end up destroying himself, more cosmic energy than he can handle

It's virtually impossible for him to destroy himself. It's been stated that complete molecular dispersion is the only way to kill him. ANd i've never even seen him injured seriously, much less his molecules dispersed.

Superman sundipped lost to cynthonna (who was probably < herald level). Even superman prime was still vulnerable to kryptonite. Thanos has no such weaknesses. It's not even clear why he couldn't radiate superman directly with the correct frequency. Thanos presumably has better control of cosmic energy than people who certainly can do such things, e.g. heralds.

In any event, there are many ways thanos could win this battle. Even if the sun made superman completely invulnerable (which is not the case, since superman still got beat up by cynthonna), thanos could just take that power source away. Superman has no such option for taking thanos' power source away, since thanos is powered by ambient cosmic energy.

golem370
Thanos is exceedingly more powerful then Silver Surfer and he could beat this version of Superman.

The Ion
Superman

golem370
Thanos is a Matter Manipulator could he not just turn the Yellow Sun into a Red Sun which Superman could not absorb making him just a ordinary Krytonian?

TheKahn
Originally posted by demigawd
Thanos can't speedblitz, can he? What stops a sundipped Superman from punching Thanos a million times in a second before Thanos can react? Thanos was at least somewhat injured by a few shots from Warrior's Madness Thor. Sundipped Superman is probably just as strong. Multiply the damage Thanos took by 10 million in the same span of time...

hahaha...this is fun! I've been livin wrong all these years. I'm gonna argue for Superman more often....

Welcome to the fold, brothergroup

demigawd
Originally posted by TheKahn
Welcome to the fold, brothergroup
lol, I've been living wrong all these years....speedblitz is the convenience of a lifetime...

TheKahn
Superman is going to need a LOT of firepower...

TheKahn
In a fight with Odin

TheKahn

TheKahn

demigawd
Yes, but a million lightspeed punches a second with the impact to shatter worlds would actually generate more sheer force than even what Thanos withstood against Odin.

TheKahn

TheKahn

slade10
It's worth noting that that fight occurred after odin literally busted up a team of heralds with a wave of his hand.

And it's probably a LOW showing for thanos -- depending on how powerful you think Odin with Gungnir (which supposedly NEVER fails to slay Odin's enemies... apparently the enchanment doesn't affect thanos) is. Some say odin is omnipotent in asgard, in which case perhaps it's a good showing. Still not as impressive as going toe to toe with tyrant, though.

Superman is in a qualitatitively different power class. Amping his powers is not going to do much for him, until you start talking about thousands of years of energy soak. Even then, the kryptonite weakness is still conspicuous...

who?-kid
Superman is too fast for Thanos. He doesn't use his superspeed that much while fighting, but when he uses it, it's almost impossible to just stand there and take the beating.

Superman wins this. Even under normal conditions, I can see Superman (a Superman who doesn't fight like a retard) hold his own against Thanos.

Yeah I know, blasphemy...

grey fox
This is more of a handicap match then Ozzy Osbourne versus Marlyn Manson , i mean supes is obviously going down hard......

Scoobless
If Superman's cells start exploding from being close to the sun.... surely him being in the sun will be like over filling a water balloon.... he'll burst after a minute

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7022/scan00151ka.th.jpg http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9017/scan00167rw.th.jpg

big grin

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by Scoobless
If Superman's cells start exploding from being close to the sun.... surely him being in the sun will be like over filling a water balloon.... he'll burst after a minute

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7022/scan00151ka.th.jpg http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9017/scan00167rw.th.jpg

big grin

Naughty! mad

You know that's All Star, Scoob! rolling on floor laughing

Scoobless
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Naughty! mad

You know that's All Star, Scoob! rolling on floor laughing

what's the difference? ...... confused

grey fox
what's the difference? ...... confused

I was wondering that as well ?

TheKahn
I just don't know how Superman is gonna take him down.

Against Silver Surfer
http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img75&image=surf0na.jpg

Against Galactus
http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img158&image=galactus14jn.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img94&image=galactus48na.jpg

ZephroCarnelian
Err....

That's like asking, what's the difference between Ultimate blah and 616 blah.

Different universe bro. smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Err....

That's like asking, what's the difference between Ultimate blah and 616 blah.

Different universe bro. smile

really? .... confused

ZephroCarnelian
really? .... confused

Well, it's kinda starting from scratch, different storylines, only just told Lois about him, different powers to normal Supes.

Kinda like Ultimates is to 616.

And seeing how Supes has bathed in the sun a coupla times with no harm, it's safe to assume it won't this time either. big grin

brainchild81
I really don't see how Supes can take Thanos out. Thanos wins.

BobbyD
...can't help but think what Supes would be like in a fight that takes place in the Sun, especially against Thanos w/o tech and prep.

At worst, it's a stalemate. But science tells us that our sun has 5 billion years of life left, and conventional wisdom says that Thanos despite his durability can't last 5 billion years against Supes in a fight.

brainchild81
But Thanos can just destroy the sun and then beat Superman like he stole something.

BobbyD
Well, than if true, that probs for Clark. sad

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by brainchild81
But Thanos can just destroy the sun and then beat Superman like he stole something.

Thanos needed the gems to do that thats why he collected them before his first death! He is nowhere near that level of power alone!!!

BobbyD
Oh, than down with Thanos easily in the sun!...if ^ is true.

demigawd
one million sun-dipped punches in a second! Thanos has never encountered a speed-blitz before! Nobody has said how he could possibly fight back against that kind of assault!

Thanos couldn't conclusively put down WM Thor, and was bloody from only two shots from him. How can he possibly deal with a million hits just as hard or harder PER SECOND from Superman???

All hail the almighty speed-blitz!!!

slade10
It's true that thanos, afaik, has never been shown destroying a star. It is false to say that this is not possible for him, just as it would be false to say that he cannot pour himself a cup of tea (though this also has never been shown). Heralds can destroy stars -- this is essentially the type of work they are designed for -- and thanos' cosmic energy blasts have been shown to be more powerful than theirs.

Any being who can hurt a normal-powered galactus and tyrant with cosmic blasts, who can ko herald-levels with ease, can destroy a star.

Superman and thanos fight in different leagues. Sun-dipping superman does not turn him into a skyfather. He lost to a probably sub-herald enemy while sun-dipped, an enemy who was unable to escape the gravitational pull of the sun (much less destroy it). That does not bode well for him in a fight with someone in thanos' power class.

slade10
And he did not need the gems to destroy stars. He needed the gems to blink out half the sentient life in the universe...

demigawd
Yes, but Superman didn't speed-blitz her, so it's clearly PIS.

Here we turn PIS off. Thanos finds himself punched a million times before he can finish his first attack.

slade10
one million sun-dipped punches in a second! Thanos has never encountered a speed-blitz before! Nobody has said how he could possibly fight back against that kind of assault!

Thanos couldn't conclusively put down WM Thor, and was bloody from only two shots from him. How can he possibly deal with a million hits just as hard or harder PER SECOND from Superman???

I can't recall the last time thanos fought someone slower than lightspeed. His average enemy is faster than superman.

And he did put down WM Thor. He smashed him into the ground, then encased him in a block of force. This after WM Thor defeated a team of herald-level fighters, along with the power of warlock and strange combined.

Sir Whirlysplat

Agreed Sundipped Supes is a beast!!!

BobbyD
Aye....all you guys hurt my head.

wallbash

brainchild81
It's true that thanos, afaik, has never been shown destroying a star. It is false to say that this is not possible for him, just as it would be false to say that he cannot pour himself a cup of tea (though this also has never been shown). Heralds can destroy stars -- this is essentially the type of work they are designed for -- and thanos' cosmic energy blasts have been shown to be more powerful than theirs.

Any being who can hurt a normal-powered galactus and tyrant with cosmic blasts, who can ko herald-levels with ease, can destroy a star.

Superman and thanos fight in different leagues. Sun-dipping superman does not turn him into a skyfather. He lost to a probably sub-herald enemy while sun-dipped, an enemy who was unable to escape the gravitational pull of the sun (much less destroy it). That does not bode well for him in a fight with someone in thanos' power class. Good stuff

who?-kid
Thanos can't destroy stars and suns by snapping his fingers. He ain't powerful enough to do that.

demigawd
I can't recall the last time thanos fought someone slower than lightspeed. His average enemy is faster than superman.

And he did put down WM Thor. He smashed him into the ground, then encased him in a block of force. This after WM Thor defeated a team of herald-level fighters, along with the power of warlock and strange combined.

But when did any of them actually attempt to speedblitz Thanos? They never use their speed in fights against Thanos. Superman, barring PIS/CIS, would.

Thanos didn't put down Thor. They traded attacks, Thanos said, "**** this", left, brought out a gun and trapped Thor. Neither had the advantage, and Thor doesn't have lightspeed attacks.

Take WM Thor and multiply his speed by a billion and Thanos goes down.

Superman!!!!

Sir Whirlysplat
|Thanos needed the Gems to destroy stars smile He can't do it without them thats why when Captain Marvel1 crashed into the projector he saved Sol. laughing out loud

grey fox
Originally posted by who?-kid
Thanos can't destroy stars and suns by snapping his fingers. He ain't powerful enough to do that.

Actually he is , his power output is above that of surfer . He overloads the sun destroying it and causing a blackhole. He then teleports away allowing the blue blunder to be ripped to shreds inside of the blackhole....

brainchild81
That'd be cool. On 2nd thought, no it wouldn't. We'd all perish.

demigawd
Originally posted by grey fox
Actually he is , his power output is above that of surfer . He overloads the sun destroying it and causing a blackhole. He then teleports away allowing the blue blunder to be ripped to shreds inside of the blackhole....

Thanos would be dead long before then. Besides, Superman can escape black holes, and it only took a few seconds in the sun for Superman to exceed Darkseid. By the time Thanos took out the sun, Superman would have already gotten the benefits of the sundip. A few billion lightspeed attacks later...no more Thanos.

Superman!!!

brainchild81
Darkseid's a wuss nowadays though. Me and my cousin beat him up just last week

grey fox
Thanos would be dead long before then. Besides, Superman can escape black holes, and it only took a few seconds in the sun for Superman to exceed Darkseid. By the time Thanos took out the sun, Superman would have already gotten the benefits of the sundip. A few billion lightspeed attacks later...no more Thanos.

Superman!!!

Thanos can take those hit's and return them with gusto , just because supes is sun dipped you instantly think he can kill anyone , he couldn't even take out that Ice goddess dammit and she was barely herald level.
Your undereastimating thanos and overestimating supes

Thanos!!!

slade10
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
|Thanos needed the Gems to destroy stars smile He can't do it without them thats why when Captain Marvel1 crashed into the projector he saved Sol. laughing out loud

He needed the gems and projector to destroy ALL the stars. Not a single star....

I can't eat 10 trillion muffins at once. I can eat one, though.

Sir Whirlysplat
Thanos can take those hit's and return them with gusto , just because supes is sun dipped you instantly think he can kill anyone , he couldn't even take out that Ice goddess dammit and she was barely herald level.

Thanos!!!

Naah.

grey fox
He needed the gems and projector to destroy ALL the stars. Not a single star....

I had an inkeling it might be that.

Naah.

Yes dammit !

Sir Whirlysplat

Nope, he can't destroy stars laughing out loud Thats why Marvel went after the projector. Please show me Thanos destroying a star without the Gem projector.

demigawd

Thanos!!!

Supes didn't speedblitz the ice goddess. And Thanos doesn't have lightspeed attacking power. He'd be able to return a punch, alright, but he'd take about a million punches first in that same time frame. And unless you're saying that Thanos is a million times stronger than Superman, then it's pretty much an open and shut case.

Superman!!!

Sir Whirlysplat
Supes didn't speedblitz the ice goddess. And Thanos doesn't have lightspeed attacking power. He'd be able to return a punch, alright, but he'd take about a million punches first in that same time frame. And unless you're saying that Thanos is a million times stronger than Superman, then it's pretty much an open and shut case.

Superman!!!

agreed!

grey fox

Superman!!!

No , but he's way way above on durability. Can he survive a beam of energy from a weapon which always kills it's target , no.

Can he survive a blast from a being who could slaughter an entire planet by simply willing it. No

Thanos!!!

Sir Whirlysplat
No , but he's way way above on durability. Can he survive a beam of energy from a weapon which always kills it's target , no.

Can he survive a blast from a being who could slaughter an entire planet by simply willing it. No

Thanos!!!

laughing out loud Sundipped he could!

demigawd

Thanos!!!

Superman was able to absorb the force of an exploding supernova or galaxy or somesuch. I don't think Thanos packs quite that much power. wink

Thanos still finds himself with a million holes in his body before he realizes he's in a fight.

Superman!!!

slade10
Superman was able to absorb the force of an exploding supernova or galaxy or somesuch. I don't think Thanos packs quite that much power. wink

Thanos still finds himself with a million holes in his body before he realizes he's in a fight.

Superman!!!

Ok, yes, if sun-dipped superman can absord the force of exploding galaxies, then, yes thanos (along with anyone this side of spectre) loses.

But I don't think the comics shows this. lol. heck, I don't think superman prime showed that he could absorb the force of exploding galaxies.

anyway, i'm off. nice debating you guys.

Sir Whirlysplat

Superman!!!

Agreed!

grey fox

Superman!!!

Thanos physically attacked a being which usually destroys anything that even comes within a few metres of it that isn't chrome-plated.

He took on (and defeated) a herald level being , dodged said herald (who was moving at full speed) and then knocked out thor and thing for the fun of it.

Thanos!!!

demigawd
Thanos physically attacked a being which usually destroys anything that even comes within a few metres of it that isn't chrome-plated.

He took on (and defeated) a herald level being , dodged said herald (who was moving at full speed) and then knocked out thor and thing for the fun of it.

Thanos!!!

Thanos also got gutted by Wolverine, knocked down by WM Thor, and unable to put him down after an extended battle, and KO'ed by Magus.

And there's still no proof that Surfer had reached lightspeed when trying to grab the gauntlet. It wasn't stated or suggested in the comic.

Thanos has no track record in reacting to speedblitzes, and no track record in performing speedblitzes or doing anything in superspeed himself, except flying his thanosmobile.

Until he's established any kind of record against people attacking HIM at superspeed, he's as vulnerable to it as any other non-speedster.

Superman!!!

Sir Whirlysplat
Thanos also got gutted by Wolverine, knocked down by WM Thor, and unable to put him down after an extended battle, and KO'ed by Magus.

And there's still no proof that Surfer had reached lightspeed when trying to grab the gauntlet. It wasn't stated or suggested in the comic.

Thanos has no track record in reacting to speedblitzes, and no track record in performing speedblitzes or doing anything in superspeed himself, except flying his thanosmobile.

Until he's established any kind of record against people attacking HIM at superspeed, he's as vulnerable to it as any other non-speedster.

Superman!!!

"Thanosmobile", It goes with "Thorbuster" laughing out loud It's a classic!

grey fox

Thanos has no track record in reacting to speedblitzes, and no track record in performing speedblitzes or doing anything in super speed himself, except flying his thanosmobile.

Until he's established any kind of record against people attacking HIM at super speed, he's as vulnerable to it as any other non-speedster.

Superman!!!

Wolverine was bullshit and you know it. WM thor was trying to establish how powerful he was so it was the damn jobber aura at work.

He doesn't need to react to super speed when he can shrug off the attacks .

Thanos !!!

Sir Whirlysplat
Wolverine was bullshit and you know it. WM thor was trying to establish how powerful he was so it was the damn jobber aura at work.

Thanos !!!

But he can't! a sundipped Supes is uber strong, fast and durable.

Beyonder

Gutted? Wasn't that what Wolverine did to Magneto? Logan never gutted Thanos in any way.

WM Thor? The one that had the Power Gem and stomped the Infinity Watch + Surfer + Strange? I seem to recall Surfer and Pip teleporting that Thor into Thanos' base. Thanos matched that Thor.

As for Magus, when was he K.O.ed by Magus?

Please, he and Warlock were a galaxy away.

Boy, you sure hated speedblitz argument trumping your usual Magneto can multitask and own another character before the character does anything to Maggy. Your schemes are too obvious for one who claims to be board scientist. smokin'

demigawd

Thanos !!!

Are you trying to call being hurt by WM Thor PIS? Come on!

Thanos feared for his safety against Champion, who was cracking his forcefield. Thanos was in a panic and only won by manipulating Champion, who is pretty dim witted.

Champion destroyed the planet....something Superman did as well just as easily, just to vent when Luthor got elected president.

Now multiply that kind of power by a million punches per second.

You think Thanos is shrugging that off? No way! Assuming Thanos survives the initial onslaught of the first lightspeed wave of attacks, by the time Thanos lets off his attack, Superman will be a million miles away, then back just in time to less loose with the next wave. And that'll keep up until Thanos is done.

Superman!!!

Sir Whirlysplat

Thanos feared for his safety against Champion, who was cracking his forcefield. Thanos was in a panic and only won by manipulating Champion, who is pretty dim witted.

Champion destroyed the planet....something Superman did as well just as easily, just to vent when Luthor got elected president.

You think Thanos is shrugging that off? No way! Assuming Thanos survives the initial onslaught of the first lightspeed wave of attacks, by the time Thanos lets off his attack, Superman will be a million miles away, then back just in time to less loose with the next wave. And that'll keep up until Thanos is done.

Superman!!!

Agreed

Beyonder

I made no such claim.

Feared? I seemed to recall him outwitting Champion, yanking him by the hair like the red headed step child Thanos never had, and knocking Champion with a punch.

Drax smashed a planet twice, once during his fight with Thanos during Thanos' early appearance.

Superman!!!

So because Magneto lost to speedblitz. Every else does as well?

demigawd
You again?

Join the fun! Plenty for everyone!

Originally posted by Beyonder
Gutted? Wasn't that what Wolverine did to Magneto? Logan never gutted Thanos in any way.

Logan did indeed successfully slash Thanos!

Yes, and that Thor didn't even speed blitz. Assuming that Thor was even twice as strong as a sundipped Superman, sundipped Superman is hundreds of thousands of times faster than Thor. That more than makes up the difference!

One of their earliest battles. Thanos was clearly and totally beaten. His only victory was a moral one.

So you're saying he reacted to Surfer who had a one galaxy handicap?

Not impressed. Superman won't be a galaxy away. wink

hahaha....I dunnae know what you mean!

Speed-blitz is life! It is truth! It is the way!

Speed-blitz!!!

demigawd
Originally posted by Beyonder
I made no such claim.

I wasn't talking to you. I don't even know where you came from on this thread, lol.

And afterwards, put him his forcefield and hid like a ***** until Champion started hitting so hard that the forcefield cracked. Did you see the look on Thanos' face when it happened? It was FEAR. Thanos got lucky...multiply those planet-destroying attacks by a million.

Indeed...and Drax can't speedblitz! Multiply those blows by a million!

Actually, Magneto didn't lose. Thanks to the thread stipulations, Magneto was able to get his forcefield when the battle started. I'm afraid no such stipulation exists for Thanos. sad

It comes down to this....everybody with a body and without superspeed LOSES. That criteria includes Thanos.

Embrace it!

Superman!!!

dvampire

Superman!!!

The Ice Goddess is also Kryptonian, so I'm sure she has superspeed too. And Superman has gain more strength since then anyways.

Sir Whirlysplat
I wasn't talking to you. I don't even know where you came from on this thread, lol.

And afterwards, put him his forcefield and hid like a ***** until Champion started hitting so hard that the forcefield cracked. Did you see the look on Thanos' face when it happened? It was FEAR. Thanos got lucky...multiply those planet-destroying attacks by a million.

Indeed...and Drax can't speedblitz! Multiply those blows by a million!

Actually, Magneto didn't lose. Thanks to the thread stipulations, Magneto was able to get his forcefield when the battle started. I'm afraid no such stipulation exists for Thanos. sad

It comes down to this....everybody with a body and without superspeed LOSES. That criteria includes Thanos.

Embrace it!

Superman!!!

Agreed and as Norrin Chrome Dome doesn't fight at Superspeed he dies to! Physical force hurts Norrin!

dvampire

Thanos!!!

Superman fights herald level beings quit often too you know. smile

dvampire

Thanos !!!

So Thor putting Thanos down was him jobbering? Got it! I guess Odin was a jobber against Thanos then. smile

demigawd
lol!

Superman!!!

Sir Whirlysplat
lol!

Superman!!!

Yes Give in to the Good side of the force!!!! Give in to Superman!!! Now go and kill all the children in the temple of Marvel!

demigawd
It shall be done....and all before they're able to process a thought, too!

Sir Whirlysplat
It shall be done....and all before they're able to process a thought, too!

laughing out loud

zachrivard
damn it, i made this thread back in november us the search , does it make neone else anrgy when people make the same thread as u??

supremthor
i think superman can win this fight

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by dvampire
So Thor putting Thanos down was him jobbering? Got it! I guess Odin was a jobber against Thanos then. smile

considering thor was holding the "power gem" along with having warrior madness, that's a good showing

Sixth_Winged

Superman!!!

you mean this fight?

http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanosquest1257yg.jpg
http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanosquest1267rq.jpg
http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanosquest1297bh.jpg
http://img506.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanosquest1303eu.jpg

or this fight?(if it was even a fight)

http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurferv3098021th.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurferv309803043vs.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurferv3098051tu.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurferv3098069su.jpg

long pig
God DAMN it.

I hate those scans.

grey fox
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
you mean this fight?

I belive that's just about all the proof we need of champions beating.....

dvampire
considering thor was holding the "power gem" along with having warrior madness, that's a good showing

That's why think Thor knocking Thanos, wasn't jobbering, since also seen Thor fight Zeus. And the Power gem supposed to have unlimited power, why wasn't it there? Thanos whould have lost eventually anyways.

BobbyD
Excellent links/pics, Grey Fox!!! eek!

dvampire
I belive that's just about all the proof we need of champions beating.....

Champion wasn't beaten though, the scans clearly show that. He's not KOed, but was out smarted both times.

Murda Mase
What putting up Superman vs the guy who got beat by Squirrel Girl, Senrty took his head off like nothing and Taskmaster with a KO?

Superman wins even if he covered in Kryptonite.

demigawd
you mean this fight?

I like how you left out the three pages AFTER that, when Thanos started to panic because his forcefield was breaking.

I also like how you left out that Thanos had already acquired the gems in those second scans.

demigawd
So as it stands...Thanos still hasn't shown the ability to react to or deal with a million punches a second!

Superman!!!

slade10
I suggest people ignore him. He's purposefully being an irritant and isn't interested in real discussion.

In any event, I think this thread clearly demonstrates superman is losing. I'm a dc guy personally, but superman has no chance to beat skyfather-level beings by himself, sun-dipped or otherwise. He's amped up to the point that he can fight herald levels (if not for the radiation weakness), but not thanos. I said this in another thread, but the appropriate dc analog is probably pre-crisis darkseid.

slade10
btw, does anyone else get a sense that there are 5 aliases of the same guy trolling on this thread? roll eyes (sarcastic)

demigawd
btw, does anyone else get a sense that there are 5 aliases of the same guy trolling on this thread? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Who me???

No.

And until someone shows any proof at all that Thanos can deal with speedblitzing....that's how he loses. Thanos fans have to deal with that. sad

slade10

WM Thor, if anything, LOST to thanos. He had his face smashed into the ground, and was encased in a force block.

Someone should post scans of this fight.

grey fox
Thanos laid a beat down on champion mr 'i know every fighting style in the universe' WHILE he had the damn power gem .

He matches...nay exceeds ! supes strength......

Thanos!!!

dvampire
WM Thor, if anything, LOST to thanos. He had his face smashed into the ground, and was encased in a force block.

Someone should post scans of this fight.

No, Thor was beating Thanos (who fled from battle).

dvampire
Thanos laid a beat down on champion mr 'i know every fighting style in the universe' WHILE he had the damn power gem .

He matches...nay exceeds ! supes strength......

Thanos!!!

Thanos didn't beat Champ, but out smarted him. smile

grey fox
Oh , so the right hook that sent Chumpion flying didn't happen then.

dvampire
I suggest people ignore him. He's purposefully being an irritant and isn't interested in real discussion.

In any event, I think this thread clearly demonstrates superman is losing. I'm a dc guy personally, but superman has no chance to beat skyfather-level beings by himself, sun-dipped or otherwise. He's amped up to the point that he can fight herald levels (if not for the radiation weakness), but not thanos. I said this in another thread, but the appropriate dc analog is probably pre-crisis darkseid.

Thanos isn't skyfather level. Superman has defeated Hearald level beings too. With Superman far superior speed combined with his strength and durability, he'll be able to beat Thanos at his normal levels.

Here's Mar-Vell speedbiltzing Thanos.

http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=captainmarvelv131179xj.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=captainmarvelv131180qm.jpg

Superman whould do that and more with his speed. wink

demigawd

We didn't say Thanos didn't land any shots....he did. And they only pissed Champion off. Thanos hid behind his forcefield and panicked while his forcefield started cracking around him under Champion's blows. I wouldn't exactly call that a combat victory.

Superman is, obviously, Champion's inferior in strength. But he more than makes up for that with a speed advantage several orders of magnitude greater.

Simply put: if Champion is 10 times stronger than Superman (and he's not), Superman just needs to hit at a rate of 10-1 to equalize it. Superman can outhit Champion at a rate of thousands to one.

And ditto with Thanos.

Superman!!!

dvampire

Was Champion KOed? Why didn't Thanos finish what he started (he fled to shield himself)?

Sixth_Winged
nope.

that's not what happen.

here's what actually did

feel free to read that comic again and tell me if that's inaccurate. Throughout the thanos quest, he didn't wanna use unnecessary force but just to get the gems. The quote above is not mine but a synopsis from another site. I have the comics but like everyone else, i'm a lazy bastard.

Sixth_Winged
I like how you left out the three pages AFTER that, when Thanos started to panic because his forcefield was breaking.

I also like how you left out that Thanos had already acquired the gems in those second scans.

what gems? Are you sure about that? Cause that was post IG

and for the recapping on the plot of Thanos quest #1, see above

golem370
Well he cracks the Force Field but before he gets threw he jumps up and is going to punch it when Thanos moves out of the way and Champion destroyes the planet or what ever there own.

golem370
Champion had Thanos worried for a instant but he though Champion might try to jump in the sky and punch it that was Champions down fall

Sixth_Winged
That's why think Thor knocking Thanos, wasn't jobbering, since also seen Thor fight Zeus. And the Power gem supposed to have unlimited power, why wasn't it there? Thanos whould have lost eventually anyways.

Stop making things up. When did Thor ever knocked Thanos out?

but hey, here's the fight anyway.

http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurferv3088080dt.jpg
http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurferv3088097yu.jpg
http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurferv3088112mv.jpg
http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurferv3088137mo.jpg
http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurferv3088143ac.jpg
http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silversurferv3088156ti.jpg

The other thanos/thor fight was retconned to being a lowly clone and so was most of the other "bad showings" he got.

http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ia3076lh.jpg

demigawd
what gems? Are you sure about that? Cause that was post IG

About 99.44% sure Thanos had the gems in his possession in the scan where Champion busted in and demanded bloody vengeance.

The recap doesn't go into any detail at all. Thanos going into a state of panic as his forcefield started to crack under the force of Champion's blows took place during the "Thanos soon erects a force field around himself. Champion attempts to break it but just gets angrier" part of your synopsis. Thanos actually got lucky because Champion's decision to jump hiiiigh in the air in order to come down and shatter the forcefield is what bought Thanos enough time to get away before Champion landed. Champion himself didn't realize how close he came to breaking the forcefield without resorting to such an extreme attack

Sixth_Winged
You really think superman could inflict that much damage to a guy who has total control of his molecules and insane durability.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/803/thanosmolecularc4lb.th.jpg

GODSCRIBE
Thanos wins...he always does.

golem370
Here is that facts that should decide this fight

1 Thanos is way smarter
2 Thanos has way more fight skills then Superman
3 Thanos can use his power cosmic
4 Thanos has a force Field that withstood a couple planet busting hits from Champion
5 Thanos is just as Durable if not more then Superman
6 Thanos is just has just as much stamina if not more then Superman
7 Depending on which Thanos your talking about he is Immortal
8 Thanos has the ability to Teleport Superman into a Red Sun or a Black Hole
9 Thanos also has just as much heart as Superman because in the two battles between Tyrant & Odin Thanos never quit and he would not have until he was dead or not able to stand.
10 Thanos has the same healing factor that all Eternals have but more powerful so anything that Superman throws at him he will heal from very fast.

demigawd
You really think superman could inflict that much damage to a guy who has total control of his molecules and insane durability.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/803/thanosmolecularc4lb.th.jpg

That was more of a psychological/existential warping than an actual physical alteration. So it doesn't show anything.

Superman's durability feats are, when measured, actually more impressive than Thanos' durability feats.

Superman's strength feats are likewise more impressive.

And his speed feats go without saying.

Thanos has a broader range of powers, but I'd say that Superman's speed more than compensates.

Sixth_Winged
That was more of a psychological/existential warping than an actual physical alteration. So it doesn't show anything.

Superman's durability feats are, when measured, actually more impressive than Thanos' durability feats.

Superman's strength feats are likewise more impressive.

And his speed feats go without saying.

Thanos has a broader range of powers, but I'd say that Superman's speed more than compensates.

riiiiiight.....word balloons are so dang useless nowadays.

GODSCRIBE
he said all plains of existence...both physical and spiritual. he even mentioned it being physically taxing.

GODSCRIBE

LOL

exactly

GODSCRIBE
Plus I'm sure if Supes had to endure a barrage from Odin, he'd probably be killed. Thanos ****ing stood up like a true warrior.

demigawd
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
he said all plains of existence...both physical and spiritual. he even mentioned it being physically taxing.

I said psychological/existential. It takes realizing who you are and the will to stand resolute. It's similar to Hulk being turned to stone by the Grey Gargoyle and willing himself back.

It doesn't mean Thanos can't get beaten down.

GODSCRIBE
I know what you said. But existentialism really has nothing to with the ordeal being physically taxing. lol

Sixth_Winged
I said psychological/existential. It takes realizing who you are and the will to stand resolute. It's similar to Hulk being turned to stone by the Grey Gargoyle and willing himself back.

It doesn't mean Thanos can't get beaten down.

uhmm... no. it comes from thanos quest #1. Staying true to self would be what you describe, but also the physical nature of the ordeal is not ignored.

GODSCRIBE
But there is truth to what you're saying..what it is a combination of both.

Sir Whirlysplat
Thanos dies more often than Supes! Even with his imortality!

GODSCRIBE
lol, do you know the meaning of immortality?

Sixth_Winged

They are actually on par. the current is 1 to 1. Superman got killed fighting doomsday thinking he killed him. Thanos got killed by a plot device of a dead adam warlocks' soul.

slade10

I've lost fewer boxing matches than Evander Holyfield. I guess that means I'm stronger than him.

Concededly, I've mainly boxed inanimate objects. And Holyfield has mainly fought world champion level professional boxers.

But that's about the power difference between tyrant/galactus/odin and someone like blackrock or cynthonna (who, again, BEAT superman while sundipped -- someone should post scans of this fight).

slade10
Originally posted by golem370
Here is that facts that should decide this fight

1 Thanos is way smarter
2 Thanos has way more fight skills then Superman
3 Thanos can use his power cosmic
4 Thanos has a force Field that withstood a couple planet busting hits from Champion
5 Thanos is just as Durable if not more then Superman
6 Thanos is just has just as much stamina if not more then Superman
7 Depending on which Thanos your talking about he is Immortal
8 Thanos has the ability to Teleport Superman into a Red Sun or a Black Hole
9 Thanos also has just as much heart as Superman because in the two battles between Tyrant & Odin Thanos never quit and he would not have until he was dead or not able to stand.
10 Thanos has the same healing factor that all Eternals have but more powerful so anything that Superman throws at him he will heal from very fast.

Going by actual feats, durability and stamina (as well as strength) of thanos FAR surpass superman, sundipped or otherwise. Otherwise, I agree.

dvampire
Going by actual feats, durability and stamina (as well as strength) of thanos FAR surpass superman, sundipped or otherwise. Otherwise, I agree.

I think it's the other way around, Superman has far more strength, speed, durability, and stamina feats even at normal levels. Take a look at his respect thread. Sundipped far surpasses Thanos. wink

The Ion
God Thanos is so oversold on this forum. Anyone who thinks Thanos is physically stronger than Sundipped Supes is smoking high quality reefer.

supremthor
dvampire theres no point in fighting it. thanos wins doesnt matter if superman is a hondred time stronger or faster the thanos.................. the reason why thanos wins is because no one can see superman defeating thanos..... i no that normal superman all out can give thanos a run for his money but others cant see that happening. they would say something like thanos pulls a magic teleportaion out his ass and sends superman to a red sun.

and this is before death banished thanos SO HE AINT IMMORTAL

supremthor
Originally posted by The Ion
God Thanos is so oversold on this forum. Anyone who thinks Thanos is physically stronger than Sundipped Supes is smoking high quality reefer. [

na they need some mary jane to help them see that thanos would lose

supremthor
dvampire theres no point in fighting it. thanos wins doesnt matter if superman is a hondred time stronger or faster the thanos.................. the reason why thanos wins is because no one can see superman defeating thanos..... i no that normal superman all out can give thanos a run for his money but others cant see that happening. they would say something like thanos pulls a magic teleportaion out his ass and sends superman to a red sun.

and this is before death banished thanos SO HE AINT IMMORTAL

cheap cabbage

Thanos didnt take full on hits from galactus. Galactus said that he actually needed to expend effort to breach thanos's forcefield. Then galactus crushed thano's little field and the titan begged for galactus to hear him out. Thanos admitted that tyrant would have killed him if they kept going at it, but thanos was smarter and left. All he's got is odin and everyone owns odin.

slade10
Take a look at his respect thread....

where he is no doubt fighting sub-herald enemies.

And, yes, when sun-dipped, superman turns into quite a powerhouse. I imagine he can fight herald-levels when sun-dipped (if they didn't exploit radiation weakness).

But virtually none of the enemies superman faces can destroy stars/planets with a single blow/blast. EVERY enemy that thanos faces has at least that sort of power, including his weakest foes (surfer, etc) whom he slaps away like flies.

Anyone post the scans where superman loses to cynthonna while sun-dipped? That should provide some evidence as to his durability/power in the sun....

thesilverspider
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Thanos didnt take full on hits from galactus. Galactus said that he actually needed to expend effort to breach thanos's forcefield. Then galactus crushed thano's little field and the titan begged for galactus to hear him out. Thanos admitted that tyrant would have killed him if they kept going at it, but thanos was smarter and left. All he's got is odin and everyone owns odin.
Everyone owns odin....What the f**k?
Can you name me these so called "everyone" who own odin.

slade10
Originally posted by cheap cabbage

He blasted galactus to the ground, and blew off his helmet. Cosmics have trouble doing that against a non-weakened galactus. I doubt galactus was playing nice while his head was being burned by cosmic energy.

And everyone owns odin? Like who? A celestial? And remember this is in Asgard, where odin's power is amplified an untold amount...

slade10
Originally posted by The Ion
God Thanos is so oversold on this forum. Anyone who thinks Thanos is physically stronger than Sundipped Supes is smoking high quality reefer.

He regularly fights and beats enemies with the power gem in physical battles. (champ, drax, wm thor) He went toe to toe with warrior madness thor (and imo, was hurting him). And he hurt tyrant (a near-galactus level power) with a PUNCH.

Superman, on the other hand, lost a physical battle with cynthonna while sun-dipped.

Who's smoking reefer, now?

It's true thanos hasn't lifted things in comics very often. But when you're fighting enemies on skyfather+ level, throwing cars, boulders, or even buildings around isn't going to do much for you.

slade10
Thanos KO'ing Thing with a flick of his fingers.

http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img23&image=thingie3sm.jpg

Thanos beating drax in a physical battle that destroys half a planet

http://img173.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img173&image=tha14wz.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img163&image=tha27wb.jpg

Thanos blocking a cosmic blast from surfer (a guy who flies through black holes unscathed) with a wave of his hand, and pounding him close to death (implying that his fists do more damage than a black hole). Then teleports away with no apparent tech.

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img227&image=surfer11tn.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img224&image=surfer34as.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img223&image=surfer48sz.jpg

Thanos going toe to toe with TYRANT in a physical battle
http://img194.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img194&image=tyrant78hy.jpg
http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img162&image=tyrant83ga.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img214&image=tyrant52nx.jpg

Thanos physically fighting thor, hulk, thing, and hercules simultaneously

http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img234&image=hulkthing0mf.jpg

Thanos (in crossover) battling wonder woman, thor, captain marvel, and green lantern in a physical fight, with no apparent effort.

http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img239&image=lobo36ew.jpg

You're telling me this guy's physical strength is OVERrated? When people think supes even without sun-dipping is stronger than him? Absent wielders of the power gem (which technically should give infinite strength) and cosmics, there might not be ANYONE physically stronger in the marvel universe.

Btw, this is normal strength in all cases (no power gem, cosmic cube, etc), except arguably the fight with tyrant.

The Ion
The problem with posting a handful of scans is that they don't show everything that happened. Show me the whole "Cynthonna" fight and then I'll judge.

slade10
I don't have the scans. Why do you think I've been asking someone else to post them?

IIRC, he loses to her badly, gets sun-dipped, then does a little bit better (but still is losing) until she gets pulled in by the sun's gravity, hit with kryptonite, and falls into the sun. I don't remember the exact details. But it was pretty clear that she wasn't a planet/star destroying sort of threat. It was also pretty sad that she got trapped by the sun's gravity. (though it's true that, as an ice creature, she was probably weakened by the fire)

I dont' think it's necessary in any event. If you know anything about thanos' apperances, and superman's comics, it's abundantly clear that superman is outclassed here, sun-dipped or otherwise. Thanos fights teams more powerful than the entire JLA (e.g. the infinity watch) as a warmup for his real fights -- against guys like tyrant. The above isn't a feat list (these are low-level feats for thanos, other than the tyrant fight) -- it's just an illustration of pure physical strength.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>