The Magus vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
(Superman gets prep)

Supes vs. The Magus

GODSCRIBE
"Evil? I am not malevolent. I simply AM"- Apocalypse

GODSCRIBE
errr

leonheartmm
magus without even a fight, supes is nuthin to magus.

who?-kid
Which Magus ?

There is the one who is some kind of incarnation of the evil side of Adam Warlock. Then there is the one who is the father of Warlock.

Confusing I know.

Azeld
How much prep?

GODSCRIBE
I'm refering to the Adam Warlock Magus. And Superman gets as much prep as he needs.

GODSCRIBE
yup

King KAM
supes wins, this is rediculous, the mangus has shown to be no where near supes in strength, everyone use your damn brains

GODSCRIBE
uhhhh

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by King KAM
supes wins, this is rediculous, the mangus has shown to be no where near supes in strength, everyone use your damn brains
Strength matters little to one that can manipulate the fabric of reality at will and has mystical knowledge that would approach, if not surpass, the knowledge of Dr. Strange.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Strength matters little to one that can manipulate the fabric of reality at will and has mystical knowledge that would approach, if not surpass, the knowledge of Dr. Strange.

You tell em

King KAM
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Strength matters little to one that can manipulate the fabric of reality at will and has mystical knowledge that would approach, if not surpass, the knowledge of Dr. Strange. When has the Magus shown any of these abilities, was he in a series besides infinity???

GODSCRIBE
When has the Magus shown any of these abilities
lol never

but tell em!!

King KAM
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
lol never

but tell em!! lol, thats what i thought,
I what ive seen the mangus is always using some kind of cheap tactic and or power-up, this is a straight up fight, and magus isnt durable enough to take it, heat vision, ice breath,speed.....supes has so many ways

Cosmic Flame
When has the Magus shown any of these abilities, was he in a series besides infinity???
Back when the Magus first appeared and he was trying to ensure that Warlock would become the Magus. His strength was Class 100 then, and he was able to defeat Thanos in combat. He'd spent hundreds of years being trained by Master Order and Lord Chaos. I think he has more than enough in his arsenal to handle Supes.

golem370
Powers: In his prime, the Magus possessed vast cosmic power. He possessed superhuman strength (above Class 100) and cosmic energy powers sufficient to defeat the pre-resurrection Thanos in personal combat. He could also become intangible, teleport and create teleportational portals to accommodate an army. The Magus also possessed certain vaguely defined "hyper senses" that granted him superhuman perceptive abilities. Presumably, this was some form of Cosmic Awareness. The Magus also wore a yellow soul gem on his brow that could project exotic radiation for a variety of effects. It is unknown whether this gem could steal souls or contained a Soul World.

During the Infinity War, the Magus possessed these powers, but probably to a lesser degree, as he was laid low by energy blasts from Dr. Doom. By this time he no longer possessed his soul gem.
At that time he possessed Class 10 strength, supersonic flight speed, enhanced human stamina, reflexes, and agility, and metahuman durability. His body was made-up of certain cosmic energy receptive cells. He could manipulate cosmic energy for a variety of uncatalogued effects. By tapping into his own stores of cosmic energy, he could achieve Class 50 strength and warp flight speed.

He also briefly possessed the power of five of the Infinity Gems, granting virtually unlimited abilities to manipulate Mind, Power, Soul, Space, and Time. By an edict of Eternity, the gems cannot be used in combined fashion unless he/it wills otherwise.

After escaping from Soul World, the Magus had a wraithlike form. He appeared with a semi-solid head and trunk, with his lower body as an ethereal stream. Physical attacks like Captain Marvel's photonic blasts simply passed through him. In this form, the Magus could steal the "life essence" of sentient beings to augment his power and return him to full physical existence. The Magus could also project psychic blasts capable of harming Captain Marvel.

The Magus has minimal experience in hand-to-hand combat, but is an accomplished self-taught philosopher, master planner and schemer.

The Magus' major weakness is his inability to find a decent hairstyle.

golem370
two picks

golem370

GODSCRIBE
He made Thanos take a seat.

JOE NUNEZ
magus would win he punked thanos ..........

thesilverspider
Magus with the afro wins via soul rip...............Fear the fro.........afro

King KAM
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
magus would win he punked thanos .......... with the ig?

GODSCRIBE
bump

JohnR
The original Magus would beat Superman 10/10.

Laminator_X
To put it clearly, 70's Magus would win. Thanos and Warlock (and Gamora too for that matter) together could not defeat him. He was Adam Warlock's insanely evil hyper-evolved self from an alternate future. And yes, that was the Soul Gem on his forehead. He was only stopped by Warlock committing suicide to pre-empt his transformation into the Magus.

90's Magus was nowhere near that powerful. He was an evil fragment of 90's Warlock without either the Soul Gem or gemless Warlock's full cosmic powers. His big feats were all accomplished via powerups and allies. He would loose.

Sixth_Winged
that white fro alone would be the death of supes just by beholding it.

the 90's magus though, i agree would lose bad. but his ponytail isn't that damn fugly. It's alright shifty

Cosmic Flame
The problem with the Magus during the Infinity War is that we didn't see him use his own power that much, since he was using the cosmic cubes. It's difficult to tell if he was as powerful as he was before, or if he was indeed merely a "shade".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.