Turok vS the Predator (In the Amazon Jungle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Turok from the 1st game and The Predator from the game/movie (pt 1), using all their weapons in the Amazon Jungle.

IcePunk
oh, this one's easy.
Either the Pred wins or it's a draw cuz if the pred loses it would just blow itself up killing Turok in that explosion..

swedish_bum
Originally posted by IcePunk
oh, this one's easy.
Either the Pred wins or it's a draw cuz if the pred loses it would just blow itself up killing Turok in that explosion.. plus the pred can go invincible and he has infra red view

IcePunk
Yeah, whatever it can win without hiding.

FistOfThe North
oh, this one's easy.
Either the Pred wins or it's a draw cuz if the pred loses it would just blow itself up killing Turok in that explosion..

But didn't Arnold Schwarzenegger escaped that explosion? So Turok can too.

And Turok handles bigger enemies than Arnold ever has. We're talking huge carnivorous Dinosaurs, and I think Turok has an invisible cloak too..

IcePunk
changed my mind, Turok got nukes n shit so he wins

Jose123
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

And Turok handles bigger enemies than Arnold ever has. We're talking huge carnivorous Dinosaurs, and I think Turok has an invisible cloak too..

They needed away for arnold to survive so they had him hide in a ditch and survive an explosion that took out a area of several city blocks.

The only reason his alive is because he's Arnold.

Just watch the explosion in Alien vs. Predator. theirs no way anyone is going to out run or survive that.

Jose123

But does he have 23413413413412 different types of vision?

Or a Plasma caster? or kick ass dreadlocks?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Jose123
But does he have 23413413413412 different types of vision?

Or a Plasma caster? or kick ass dreadlocks?

No, Turok doesn't have any of thoses weapons cause his are more powerful.

Turok has the Cereboral Bore, Scorpion Missile Launcher and even "The Nuke". Are you saying Turok is not a formidable enemy?

Jose123
No, Turok doesn't have any of thoses weapons cause his are more powerful.

Turok has the Cereboral Bore, Scorpion Missile Launcher and even "The Nuke". Are you saying Turok is not a formidable enemy?

Not saying that. it was a joke.

The kick ass dreadlocks comment should have clued you in.

But does he have any type of vision equipment? Thermal? Night? Movement? what does he have?

Darkstorm Zero
IMO it depends on the distance... up close and personal, the Predator would win... every time, superior strength and CC weaponry sees to that.

However, it it becomes a shootout, Turok simply vapes the entire area with one of his many Uberweapons like the Chronoscepter, Fusion Cannon, or any version of the Nuke Cannon.

FistOfThe North
Not saying that. it was a joke.

The kick ass dreadlocks comment should have clued you in.

But does he have any type of vision equipment? Thermal? Night? Movement? what does he have?

lol, don't flatter yourself, dude. Your "joke" didn't even cross my mind while I was writing my reply. I was referencing your "Plasmacaster" and "Predator Vision" quote.

I don't know of any type of special vision equipment Turok may have, although he may have something given his large arsenal of sophisticated weaponry. I mean, I take it that he does hunt at night as well so he most likely may have some type of night and/or heat vision goggles, maybe to name a few.

Jose123
lol, don't flatter yourself, dude. Your "joke" didn't even cross my mind while I was writing my reply. I was referencing your "Plasmacaster" and "Predator Vision" quote.

I don't know of any type of special vision equipment Turok may have, although he may have something given his large arsenal of sophisticated weaponry. I mean, I take it that he does hunt at night as well so he most likely may have some type of night and/or heat vision goggles, maybe to name a few.

so you don't know if he has any vision equipment and are just guessing?

FistOfThe North
so you don't know if he has any vision equipment and are just guessing?

No I don't know. Hey, at least theorizing offering sensible reasons on why he may have that type of vision.

He is a Dino Hunter after all and in the animal kingdom, most carnivorous animals come out at night and I don't think Turok posses supernatural eyesight, so.

Look at it logically.

Jose123
No I don't know. Hey, at least theorizing offering sensible reasons on why he may have that type of vision.

He is a Dino Hunter after all and in the animal kingdom, most carnivorous animals come out at night and I don't think Turok posses supernatural eyesight, so.

Look at it logically.

But has it ever been shown that he at least has those equipment?

if not then you can't give it to him in this match.

FistOfThe North
lol what do you mean?

1st off, Turok is powerfully equipped with futuristic weaponry, so he beats out the predator in the amount of weapons category. How about you name a list of the Predators weapons and i'll list Turok's, lol. Then we'll see who wins.

2nd of all I did find that he does posses a natural ability to see the unseen meaning seeing things the naked eye cannot, even without equipment.

The ability is called the "Eye of Truth". He became aware of it during the time when the Lost Land elders of different species (human, alien, dinosoid, etc) created a council known as the Lazarus Concordance.

braz
hmm this is a reaallly cool fight, and in fact, i just bought a N64 and turok dinosaur hunter and seeds of evil cuz i saw this original thread, and was like OMG! i remember that game, that game was ssooo sweet!!
and i just had to have it..got it all under 40 bucks too big grin but anyways, back to the fight....i think the pred will take this, only because of his cloak, cuz turok has wwaaay better weapons, the fusion cannon, the nuke, cerebral bore, chaingun, a smart disk just like pred's ect ect....but since the pred can turn virtually invisible i say he takes it out of the power of stealth

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by braz
hmm this is a reaallly cool fight, and in fact, i just bought a N64 and turok dinosaur hunter and seeds of evil cuz i saw this original thread, and was like OMG! i remember that game, that game was ssooo sweet!!
and i just had to have it..got it all under 40 bucks too big grin but anyways, back to the fight....i think the pred will take this, only because of his cloak, cuz turok has wwaaay better weapons, the fusion cannon, the nuke, cerebral bore, chaingun, a smart disk just like pred's ect ect....but since the pred can turn virtually invisible i say he takes it out of the power of stealth

I loved Turok 1 and pt. 2: Seeds of Evil rulz forever.

Your saying that because the Predator can turn invinsible he wins the fight? But I just gave you proof of Turok's ability to see the unseeable, like the Predator under cloak. And it's not like the Predator is completely invisible. He is detectable. His cloak can just camouflage him real well. And It won't trick Turok. a.k.a. the Dinosaur Hunter.

Turok fights Cyborg Mutant T-Rexs on the regular and the Predator's gonna take him out? lol please

I say Turok takes it.

2D_MASTER
Go Turok! I think Turok will take this holy shit I am a big fan of Turok and I think he has what it takes.
First off he is at least as strong psychially as Arnolds character in the movie. Second he is well over 100 years old by now he has a ton of experience. Secondly Turok can take A LOT of Punishment, he went toe to toe with a giant raptor and survived, despite having what would be to most humans; fatal wounds.
Also Turok like I said has TONS of battle experience, he fought in many wars durring the fonteir wars, as well as facing things such as Robots , aliens and mutants in the lost world wars (Turok #0). He was good enough to fight along side the likes of the ledgendary Magus: robot fighter. Turok has had experience with a wide range of weapons, from lazer guns to daggers. Oh yeah using the power of movies, arnold survied the predators atomic blast, so using the magic of video games or comics, Turok could survive that blast just as easily. So I would say Turok.

braz
bOriginally posted by FistOfThe North
I loved Turok 1 and pt. 2: Seeds of Evil rulz forever.

Your saying that because the Predator can turn invinsible he wins the fight? But I just gave you proof of Turok's ability to see the unseeable, like the Predator under cloak. And it's not like the Predator is completely invisible. He is detectable. His cloak can just camouflage him real well. And It won't trick Turok. a.k.a. the Dinosaur Hunter.

Turok fights Cyborg Mutant T-Rexs on the regular and the Predator's gonna take him out? lol please

I say Turok takes it.

yea, but thats IF he has like thermal vision infared tech or w/e with him, and u dont know that for sure, in fact i chose not to believe cuz i simply never saw it in the game! laughing but idunno, u could be right, maybe he does have that kind of equip and if so, turok takes this by far...huge overkill

Jose123
lol what do you mean?

1st off, Turok is powerfully equipped with futuristic weaponry, so he beats out the predator in the amount of weapons category. How about you name a list of the Predators weapons and i'll list Turok's, lol. Then we'll see who wins.

2nd of all I did find that he does posses a natural ability to see the unseen meaning seeing things the naked eye cannot, even without equipment.

The ability is called the "Eye of Truth". He became aware of it during the time when the Lost Land elders of different species (human, alien, dinosoid, etc) created a council known as the Lazarus Concordance.

sigh.... why didn't you just say he had that in the first place instead of guessing if he had thermal or night vision.

So what does eye of truth actually do? how does it work exactly? can it see clocked beings as if it were thermal or does it go right through the cloak?

couple more questions:

Does he have armor? how strong is it? how much of his body does it cover up?

How long can he track a target? how far is it before he loses sight of it?

100 years old? so he' old huh?......brings me to another question for the topic creator.

Which class is the pred in this? Unblooded? blooded? warrior? Elder?

Is the Pred prepared to take on turok and has come to hunt turok specifically or is it simply out hunting dino's when it bumps in to him?

The fight depends on those two questions. If he comes prepared he brings his whole arsenal. If not he just brings some claws a spear and maybe a plasma caster. wouldn't be very fair. but i guess it's up to the topic creator.

And what are you doing here braz? couldn't resist a pred match I see.

2D_MASTER
Him being over 100 years old is a advantage. He ages much like wolverine, with hardly any signs of wear and tear. So this because of his age he is wise and has a ton of experience. That is why i pointed out that he is that old, would you say that wolverine is at a disadvantage because his age? I think not.

Jose123
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Him being over 100 years old is a advantage. He ages much like wolverine, with hardly any signs of wear and tear. So this because of his age he is wise and has a ton of experience. That is why i pointed out that he is that old, would you say that wolverine is at a disadvantage because his age? I think not.

i wasn't trying to sound like a smart ass. i know it's an advantage which is why I asked which class of pred it was.

unblooded: young teenager out on his first hunt

Blooded: teenager with a few successful hunts under his belt

warrior: vet with many hunts under his belt. the ones in the first two movies

Elder: Hundreds of years old. Best of the best. They have hunted thousands and thousands of times. survived numerous battles and hunts. great hand to hand fighters.

braz

And what are you doing here braz? couldn't resist a pred match I see.

laughing nope, i saw preds name and just had to jump in the fun!

John Bak'or
dude firstofthanorth just expalined that turok he has the eye of truth. it allows him to see the unseeable......like a camoflaged pred for instance

Jose123
Originally posted by John Bak'or
dude firstofthanorth just expalined that turok he has the eye of truth. it allows him to see the unseeable......like a camoflaged pred for instance

does he always have it on? or is it something he has to turn on or concentrate to use etc...

John Bak'or
ask him not me i only played the 1st half of the 1st game 4-5 years ago

braz
Originally posted by John Bak'or

yea, Turok pwns

Jose123
yea, Turok pwns

then can you explain if it's something he always has on? does he have to put it on manually or concentrate to do or feel there is a big enough threat out there that he has to put on?

braz
he can just use it, and know where the predator is and nuke em with the fusion cannon..that simplesmile

Jose123
he can just use it, and know where the predator is and nuke em with the fusion cannon..that simplesmile

how exactly? Does it also allow him to track someone and see them as well and pinpoint them or does it simply let him see someone invisble? or allow him to see farther? By How much farther?

braz
see, i dont know all of that for sure, i bet we could get info from the comics though with all his previous feats or w/e with the eye of truth, but trust me, he'll see pred and find him one way or another, and because he has waaay heavier artillery, pred i think would get blown away in this 1

Jose123
see, i dont know all of that for sure, i bet we could get info from the comics though with all his previous feats or w/e with the eye of truth, but trust me, he'll see pred and find him one way or another, and because he has waaay heavier artillery, pred i think would get blown away in this 1

it really depends on how the thing works. and whether the pred has come to hunt turok specifically. And whither it's an elder or a warrior.

Someone still hasn't answered my question on how far turok can track an enemy or see one before losing sight of it?

FistOfThe North

FistOfThe North
And here's the Predators list:

Wristblades: The wristblades are the predator's basic weapon. They all carry one and from what is know if removed the subject dies. There looks to be some sort of molecular bonding between them and the user. It's an elegant weapon mostly used when the prey is less challenging or as a last resource.

Combistick: This elegant weapon is mostly used when facing several foes or tougher aliens. Like the wristblades it can be used while cloaked. It's especially good for middle range combat, at a three meters distance.

Speargun: This is the predator's sniper weapon. It fires small and extremely sharp metal pieces. It's a good weapon for long range sniping since the sharp projectile can reach extremely high velocities and linear trajectories. These characteristics also make it a piercing weapon. Culturally hunting with it is of little or no honour, being mostly used to reduce numbers and isolate the main prey.

Netgun: The netgun is a highly specialized weapon used for capture or as a sadistic way of hunting. It is believes that this weapon can be used in two modes. The first doesn't kill and is used for capturing the prey. And the second mode consists of involving the prey and squeezing it to the death by cutting him to pieces with its thin wires. This weapon is almost uselees when facing a large number of opponents.

Plasmacaster: This is the most efficient and versatile weapon of the predator's arsenal. It can be used on almost every occasions, it fires a plasma charge that has explosive properties. The charge is directed by a targeting system, which is able to make path correction after the charge is fired. It can be described as an assault weapon used on heavy confrontations while leaving the hands free.

Plasma Pistol: The plasma pistol is a more powerful version of the plasmacaster. It doesn't have a targeting system and is a hand held weapon. But in compensation it possesses a more powerful explosive potential which makes it a good choice for simultaneously killing clusters of enemies. It must be used with care because if the target is near the explosion could harm the carrier.

Disc: The disc is the other targeting device oriented weapon. It consists on a very sharp circular blade, and has the property that the owner can order it to go back to him after reaching the target. The upside of it is its extremely high piercing potential and the great downside is the slow firing rate.

Remote Bomb: A brute force weapon great for killing in masses. Its great explosion minimizes the problem of hitting the target, which for this weapon is quite hard. But still a great weapon, that is, if you aren't looking to collect 'intact' skulls.

Self-Destruct Device: When the battle is lost there is nothing more to do then the predator commits suicide by activating this termo-nuclear self-destruct device. Its effective range is measured in kilometres.

I hope this will help your final decision and don't forget that all these facts are right beside the other fact that the fight is taking place on turf Turok's hunts in on the regular.

Jose123
Re read most of the post. And your right. My bad

But the thing about wither he has to put the eye on manually or if it is always on hasn't been answered.

Neither wither he has any armor? Or how much of his body it covers?

Or if The pred has come looking and hunt Turok or if he just bumps into him by accident while hunting some dino.

Jose123
And here's the Predators list:

Wristblades: The wristblades are the predator's basic weapon. They all carry one and from what is know if removed the subject dies. There looks to be some sort of molecular bonding between them and the user. It's an elegant weapon mostly used when the prey is less challenging or as a last resource.

Combistick: This elegant weapon is mostly used when facing several foes or tougher aliens. Like the wristblades it can be used while cloaked. It's especially good for middle range combat, at a three meters distance.

Speargun: This is the predator's sniper weapon. It fires small and extremely sharp metal pieces. It's a good weapon for long range sniping since the sharp projectile can reach extremely high velocities and linear trajectories. These characteristics also make it a piercing weapon. Culturally hunting with it is of little or no honour, being mostly used to reduce numbers and isolate the main prey.

Netgun: The netgun is a highly specialized weapon used for capture or as a sadistic way of hunting. It is believes that this weapon can be used in two modes. The first doesn't kill and is used for capturing the prey. And the second mode consists of involving the prey and squeezing it to the death by cutting him to pieces with its thin wires. This weapon is almost uselees when facing a large number of opponents.

Plasmacaster: This is the most efficient and versatile weapon of the predator's arsenal. It can be used on almost every occasions, it fires a plasma charge that has explosive properties. The charge is directed by a targeting system, which is able to make path correction after the charge is fired. It can be described as an assault weapon used on heavy confrontations while leaving the hands free.

Plasma Pistol: The plasma pistol is a more powerful version of the plasmacaster. It doesn't have a targeting system and is a hand held weapon. But in compensation it possesses a more powerful explosive potential which makes it a good choice for simultaneously killing clusters of enemies. It must be used with care because if the target is near the explosion could harm the carrier.

Disc: The disc is the other targeting device oriented weapon. It consists on a very sharp circular blade, and has the property that the owner can order it to go back to him after reaching the target. The upside of it is its extremely high piercing potential and the great downside is the slow firing rate.

Remote Bomb: A brute force weapon great for killing in masses. Its great explosion minimizes the problem of hitting the target, which for this weapon is quite hard. But still a great weapon, that is, if you aren't looking to collect 'intact' skulls.

Self-Destruct Device: When the battle is lost there is nothing more to do then the predator commits suicide by activating this termo-nuclear self-destruct device. Its effective range is measured in kilometres.

I hope this will help your final decision and don't forget that all these facts are right beside the other fact that the fight is taking place on turf Turok's hunts in on the regular.

You missed the

Forearm plasma caster: Used in tandem with the more powerful, shoulder mounted version, this ejector has far greater accuracy in the short range. The weapon, unlike the larger one, is not fired by the Predator's lower mandible (tusk), but is actually triggered when the hunter fully extends his arm. It weighs 2 pounds and has a range of 400 feet.

Forearm laser: Almost identical to the small plasma caster, this weapon sacrifices a little power for a lot of range. The weapon is also fired when the hunter fully extends his arm. It weighs 2 pounds and has a range of 2000 feet.

Dual shoulder mounted heavy laser canon: blaster system uses a single targeting mark to home both blasts in on. A favorite when harvesting "bug" queens. It weighs 12 pounds (total) and has a range of 5000 feet.

Burner:. It is a hand-held flame-thrower. Each blast is equivalent to a blast of napalm.

Chemical sprayer: This sprayer can fire a multitude of toxins and drugs, or acid, all of which are used when an energy weapon is inappropriate, or the hunter wants to take his trophy alive. The sprayer uses a highly compressed air charge.
It is 1 inch in length. The sprayer mechanism weighs 3 oz, the chemical housing 1 oz

The Naginata: which is like a upgraded Combi stick The Naginata is part weapon, part ceremonial trophy. It is a beautifully, plated, and encrusted pole arm with double bladed ends. Each end is a super sharp collection of knives causing devastating damage if struck upon a hapless victim. The blades can flawlessly cut through almost ever substance and is totally immune to alien acid. The Naginata also has a conducting field which allows it to be cloaked when in hand. When the weapon strikes, however, it becomes visible. The Naginata is an image of Honor and demands respect when brandished.
It is 7 feet long and weighs 8 pounds.

Star shurikens: there not compurtised like the smart disc. but there faster. there more like boomerangs with knives.

The Mask of course: The metal mask worn by the Yautja also serves as the Yautja's means of controlling its enhanced senses and automated weapons through its crab-like tusks of its mandibles. The mask heightens the Yautja's sense of hearing, as well as 1000' range eye-sight into the following spectrums: Infrared, Ultraviolet, Electrical, White Light, and Nightvision. Electrical vision is used for seeing electricity, or more specifically the electrical impulses of many creatures' nervous systems. White Light-vision is based on visible light and colors (what is referred to as white light - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet), while Nightvision is similar to "Normal" vision, using available light to amplify the target area, resulting in shades of bluish-grey. Infrared is used to see thermal radiation, while Ultraviolet is used to see rapid radioactive particles and objects that don't emit as rapid a decaying reaction. In addition to the various types of sights granted, the mask can also project light within 5', equal to a flashlight if neccessary.

The mask also has a sophisticated combat computer that takes advantage of the hearing and sight abilities of the mask giving the Yautja an advantage to strike with some of its weapons by projecting a trio of red beams (if used, that is; can be turned off for stealth missions, if desired); as well as providing an automatic cartographry program.

The mask's computer can also provide a bio-readout of the wearer's bodily functions and a compass. The mask also converts gases in the air allowing the Yautja to breathe the nitrogen it needs to survive; in addition to providing an emergency air supply for 30 minutes when no air is present.

Scatter Gun: A large, bulky, plasma rifle that fires a solid-energy net at opponents. Payload of 15 nets with a range of 160'. Weighs 10. Like the Net gun only the net is made of energy.

Battle Knife: A last resort weapon, essentially a long knife. Weighs 1/2 lbs.

As for who i think would win? i still need those last few questions answered before i can make up my mind.

FistOfThe North

Jose123
i missed one

Portable anti vehicle plasma bolt canon:Also a wartime/harvest weapon, this launcher system uses a similar targeting system to direct the small semi guided rockets towards their targets. These shots can also be laser guided to a moving target if the Yautja keeps his tri-beam locked on to it. The system has a single mount to the center back and one shoulder, or can have a second launch arm added for half again the cost.
The weight is 35 pounds. The missiles themselves weigh about a pound. Its range is 4000

Jose123

FistOfThe North
So This match depends on wither he is near those power ups and wither Turok frequently carries all those weapons. if there is no prep then the pred isn't armed with all of that. Maybe just a spear some wrist blades and a maybe a Plasma caster or a smart disc. Maybe. And I guess turok is frequently armed with all of his weapons. perfect.

But since there is no prep then pred has the surprise advantage.

unless they bump into each other and then decide to fight. The the pred has no advantage at all.

The only chance i see for the pred is he decides to stay far enough away and simply Plasma caster's Turok from afar. Unless Turok is aware that he is in the area . then he will be on the lookout for shoots.

i'll guess I'll have to give it to turok the majority of the time

9/10 times.

I agree with 9/10.

This is Batman vs War machine without prep all over again smile

Jose123

How do you think a match with Prep would go down?

FistOfThe North
How do you think a match with Prep would go down?

Honestly,.. I'll tell you that I think I did the Predator a favor by making the match with no prep in it.

I mean you saw all of Turok's weaponry and it's in his turf. The Predator would would be in quite a jam.

Now don't get me wrong. The Predator is ruthless. It's not only about the kill but the hunt and capture.

I read that the "Combstick" he uses, that real long wristblade that's good for middle range combat, is used to preform the cruelest method often used by Predators. The weapon is used to make a direct strike to the victim's stomach in order to maximize pain and dying time. That's crazy.

But this would not happen to Turok 10/10 with prep time.

So I think the Predator would go down. They're both excellent hunters, but it all comes down to the weapons on this one cause there is now way in hell Turok would face the Predator in melee. Meaning he'd stay way back, which gives Turok the advantage. The Predator is better at melle fighting than he is at distance fighting and Turok excels at distance fighting giving Turok another reason to remain way back.

All in all, the Pred would get microwaved by Turok in a prep fight, IMHO.

And that's without the "Power Core".

Turok with prep 10/10

Turok w/o prep 9/10

2D_MASTER
anybody have any idea of the average life span of a predator? So you can kinda judge how old and experience the predator from the first predator could be.
Also what about if it comes to close quarters. Like I said Turok is pretty tough and has almost 150 years experience, he's taken fatal wounds and still went one, and can regenerate them fairly fast. Also he is pretty effing fast and agile , if he can keep up with the movements of raptors and other dinosaurs. Turok also is pretty awesome with a bowie knife, as well as using his bow, which has hidden blades in it. Now, I am not saying that turok would win in a close incounter, but he would certainly have a good chance.

FistOfThe North
anybody have any idea of the average life span of a predator? So you can kinda judge how old and experience the predator from the first predator could be.
Also what about if it comes to close quarters. Like I said Turok is pretty tough and has almost 150 years experience, he's taken fatal wounds and still went one, and can regenerate them fairly fast. Also he is pretty effing fast and agile , if he can keep up with the movements of raptors and other dinosaurs. Turok also is pretty awesome with a bowie knife, as well as using his bow, which has hidden blades in it. Now, I am not saying that turok would win in a close incounter, but he would certainly have a good chance.

I don't know how old the Predator from the movie was but a Predators' lifespan is many decades, sometimes as long as 300 years.

As far as melee combat, hm. wow. That's a tough one because this is what Predators excel at. Most of their weapons are mainly for hand to hand combat. Turok may be agile but if the Predator catches his it's a done deal. The avarage hieght and weight of a male Predator is 7 feet weighing in at inbetween 250 and 350 pounds with most of their bulk being pure muscle with very little body fat due to their predatory lifestyle and diet and they are faster than an avarage human, as they posses lightning quick reflexes and dexterity.

And I know Turok has fought many a massive enemy in hand to hand but not an intelligent thinking creatures such as Predators who purely exist to fiercely do battle close up. I'd go with the Predator on this one 8/10. with prep and 7/10 no prep.

That's if Turok completely loses his sense of reasoning and decides to go up against the Predator in a hand to hand.

2D_MASTER
I don't know how old the Predator from the movie was but a Predators' lifespan is many decades, sometimes as long as 300 years.

As far as melee combat, hm. wow. That's a tough one because this is what Predators excel at. Most of their weapons are mainly for hand to hand combat. Turok may be agile but if the Predator catches his it's a done deal. The avarage hieght and weight of a male Predator is 7 feet weighing in at inbetween 250 and 350 pounds with most of their bulk being pure muscle with very little body fat due to their predatory lifestyle and diet and they are faster than an avarage human, as they posses lightning quick reflexes and dexterity.

And I know Turok has fought many a massive enemy in hand to hand but not an intelligent thinking creatures such as Predators who purely exist to fiercely do battle close up. I'd go with the Predator on this one 8/10. with prep and 7/10 no prep.

That's if Turok completely loses his sense of reasoning and decides to go up against the Predator in a hand to hand.

Actually Turok went toe to toe with Monark, a cybernetically altered raptor. The raptor Monark was even at a genius intelligence level. So Turok didnt fight a minless dumb-ass dinosaur. But I get what you mean, the predator is pretty freaking strong and would dish out some devastating blows. Turok is way more agile than any predator has been shown to be, but this is based on the Turok comic. So I still think Turok has what it takes to do well in a close encounter with a predator.

IcePunk
w00t? There a comic of Turok????

Jose123

preds can get to a 1000 years old.

Elder preds are the ones with enough battle experience that make turok and Wolverine look like 18 year old marine grunts. Warriors are vets. they may not be as old as turok or an elder. But they have seen many hunts.

yes he would have a good chance in close quarters. Thats if the pred decides to engage him. There not all the same. They all don't have the same morals or ideas. the ones in the previous movies might have been playing with their prey. Or they might have felt the need to engage them to prove something. they would most likely use a trap. Or a smart disc or shuriken or a combi stick thrown from afar. or plasma caster shot right below the head. Depending how well armed thier prey and how dangerouse it is.

Jose123
Honestly,.. I'll tell you that I think I did the Predator a favor by making the match with no prep in it.

I mean you saw all of Turok's weaponry and it's in his turf. The Predator would would be in quite a jam.

Now don't get me wrong. The Predator is ruthless. It's not only about the kill but the hunt and capture.

I read that the "Combstick" he uses, that real long wristblade that's good for middle range combat, is used to preform the cruelest method often used by Predators. The weapon is used to make a direct strike to the victim's stomach in order to maximize pain and dying time. That's crazy.

But this would not happen to Turok 10/10 with prep time.

So I think the Predator would go down. They're both excellent hunters, but it all comes down to the weapons on this one cause there is now way in hell Turok would face the Predator in melee. Meaning he'd stay way back, which gives Turok the advantage. The Predator is better at melle fighting than he is at distance fighting and Turok excels at distance fighting giving Turok another reason to remain way back.

All in all, the Pred would get microwaved by Turok in a prep fight, IMHO.

And that's without the "Power Core".

Turok with prep 10/10

Turok w/o prep 9/10

I don't really see it that way. You basically left the pred with nothing with out prep. No weapons to take on turok while keeping turok in an environment where he has all of his.

If going up against turok and if he had prep. Then he would be armed for the challenge. And yes I have read most of the weapons. Most of the big ones that take out everything on screen would have the same effect as the wrist bomb. It would kill everything in the area.

It would also kill the user(the wrist bomb) If he isn't far enough away but It would get the same effect.

With prep the pred would keep his distance. very far away out of sight while scanning and tracking turok with his helmet. Since turok is so dangerous and has all those weapons he would also come prepared with weapons to match. (That big list you and i gave.) instead of just claws and combi stick and maybe a plasma caster.

there he would then either work his way down and try to take turok by surprise with a shuriken or combi stick or a smart disc. Or try to capture him with the net . Doesn't matter how strong turok is he isn't getting out of the net. Or he would either just blast him from afar while keeping his distance. The pred can do that since his helmet can also serve as binoculars/infrared goggles. Turok won't be able to hide and block the scans so he will show up clear as daylight.

i'm assuming that the power ups run out or can be worn down. Either wise turok could go through the whole game unharmed with just taking one power up.

This match really depends on who see who first. Even with his cloaking not useful thanks to the eye i still belive that the pred would Be the one that gets the drop on turok the majority of times.

the Pred would win with prep 8/10 times

Without prep lose 9/10

As for an earlier comment i read which I'm not sure who made it that turok takes on big dino's and raptors so what is the Pred going to do? So. Pred race take on Humans,Human special forces,Alien xenomorphs,Alien xenomorp Queens,Big ass monsters and the top most dangerous creatures and animals from the planets they visit all over the galaxy.

2D_MASTER
Somebody said that preds get to 3000 years old and someone else said 1000? Wtf? which one is it? and where the fawk did you guys get this info?

braz
omg, i just thought of the greatest idea..

a Turok movie!!Happy Dance

Jose123
Somebody said that preds get to 3000 years old and someone else said 1000? Wtf? which one is it? and where the fawk did you guys get this info?

Mostly comics and some games. Alien vs. predator took a lot of ideas and from the comics of the 90's. the whole ritual of teenagers going into an alien nest to prove there manhood and become blooded with their preys blood is a comic thing. So was the finale part of the movie where they see the human female as an equal because she fought along side of them and proved herself. Predator and alien histories have sort have become mixed throughout the years.

3000? thats the first time i have ever heard of that. i read they get from 900-1000..

Jose123
omg, i just thought of the greatest idea..

a Turok movie!!Happy Dance

Directed by Uwe Boll evil face

Bwhaahahhaahah laughing

FistOfThe North
Well, I said the avarage life span of a Predator is 300 years. Some die young during battles, and the Elders just make it to 1000, either way, their avarage life span is 300 yrs.

Jose123
Well, I said the avarage life span of a Predator is 300 years. Some die young during battles, and the Elders just make it to 1000, either way, their avarage life span is 300 yrs.
Yeah thats true. all the dangers they face many don't make it past 300 hundred. The elders make up a small size of the population. those are the ones that are 700-1000 years.

swedish_bum
Then they must have waaaaaaaaaaaay more experience in battle than Turok ever gonna get.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by swedish_bum
Then they must have waaaaaaaaaaaay more experience in battle than Turok ever gonna get.
True an elder would, but the one from the first predator movie was probably a warrior with moderate experience, since his b@tch-ass lost to Arnold, who didnt have nearly the arsenal or experience Turok does.

w00t? There a comic of Turok????
Hell yah the game was based off Turok: Son of Stone this comic dates back to the 1950's. Then Valiant picked up the series after Turok leaving the lost world, thus becoming Turok Dinosaur Hunter. They are awesome comics if you can find it Turok Dinosaur hunter #0 is sort of a recap of Turok Life. Check out the awesome cover art. http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/issue.asp?cn=741

Jose123

The elders and clan leaders certainly do.

the Warriors are a little bit more tricky they could be anywhere from 30 to 300 years old.

FistOfThe North

A very good point. I didn't factor experience in and as a matter fo fact it could change things a little because of that.

But before any rearrangements can happen, we'll now need to know how old the Predator from "Predator 1" was because the thread question involves him. Not just any Predator but "the Predator".

Turok is more than a century old but I don't know if the Predator was a teen or what.

IcePunk
Yeah, but Turok have defeated way bigger and way more powerfull than even an elder pred and I can safaly say that it was kinda easy at least number 1 & 3 was but Im stuck at seeds of evil I cant find the last key to the final boss Primagen or whatever it's called sad

FistOfThe North
Check out the awesome cover art. http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/issue.asp?cn=741

Cool link. The art is sick.

There was this one cover where a Raptor was trying to drown and slice Turok, where his head and half the page was underwater and the top half above water while Turok had his hands across the Raptor's throat above water, with Blood on the Raptors claw, lol.

Jose123
Yeah, but Turok have defeated way bigger and way more powerfull than even an elder pred and I can safaly say that it was kinda easy at least number 1 & 3 was but Im stuck at seeds of evil I cant find the last key to the final boss Primagen or whatever it's called sad

Way bigger then even an elder pred? The only elder that has been seen in the movies has been the one with the cape at the end of Alien vs. Predator movies. And also the one at the end of the second movie. the one with the grey dredlocks. They are mostly more just a comic and game thing.

And i don't know what turok has faced except from what i have been told here. Big robotic dino's. Elders can take on a queen Alien alone with nothing but there spears. No armor or other weapons just the spear. And they win.
Not to mention all the other big monsters from all over the Galaxy that they face and hunted on a daily basis.

Just because the elder isn't 50 feet tall doesn't mean he is not dangerous.

swedish_bum
Yeah True

FistOfThe North

Jose123
Like i said. I only now what I have been told here. And after seeing that list ...

doesn't make the Elder any less dangerous.

IcePunk
but this is no elder, it's an "normal" pred

Jose123
but this is no elder, it's an "normal" pred

Yes i know.

But the original statement that started this was

Yeah, but Turok have defeated way bigger and way more powerfull than even an elder pred

Just because there bigger and stronger doesn't make the Elder any less dangerous.

FistOfThe North
Turok against an Elder would be different but this is Turok vS just a warrior pred.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.