Is the Force "God" (Almighty), in the S.W. Universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Is the Force Almighty? Isn't it the highest source that exists over all and everything in the Star Wars Universe?

DrDoom101
Well Vader said "The power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." So the Force is greater than the destruction of a planet. Technology and other things in the galaxy can't top it.

Jack Daniels
your question extremely depends on who you view God as.....many different ideas on that....one that fits the force is he is everyone and everything and souls journey is to progress even after death keep learning and building yourself until ultimatley you reach back to the source himself which we are all just a part of......is a whole story on that theory or belief but Im not pointing anyone towards it especially in a sw thread...lol

Darth Traya
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Well Vader said "The power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." So the Force is greater than the destruction of a planet. Technology and other things in the galaxy can't top it.

Not necessarily. Kreia makes a good point on the power of the force. It's powerful, but it makes you too reliant on it. Hence why ordinary people are in many ways more skilled than Jedi.

Dark Aristokrat
The force is power. Power can corrupt, it can help, it can make one reliant, it can have more lasting effects than destroying an entire planet. The bottom line is the Force is an analogy for power as generated by sentients, or living beings with a right to choose. God doesn't even come into play. The Jedi do not worship the Force, and they do not worship Force users as high priests or avatars; they instead realize that it is a natural part of the world and they seek to maintain harmony with it instead of risk destruction.

Jack Daniels
hmm I can go with that one

Dark Aristokrat
Star Wars is a lot more Stoicism and Tao then Theism.

overlord
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Is the Force Almighty? Isn't it the highest source that exists over all and everything in the Star Wars Universe? What the f*ck? You've been around for ages and you come back with a thread like this?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by overlord
What the f*ck? You've been around for ages and you come back with a thread like this?

lol, ages? try March.

And I do what I feel.

cool

Tangible God
The Yuuzhan Vong were utterly cut off from the Force for millenia and they conquered their own galaxy, and almost all of the SW galaxy without it. The Force "defeated" them, but that doesn't mean that those who don't possess it are weaker than those who do.

The Force is a semi-omnipotent essence that may or may not decide the fates of those who have access to it. It corrupts, heals, destroys and protects, but by no means is flawless, or indestructable. The entire recorded history of the SW galaxy has revolved around the Force in some way, but if you eliminate the ability to tap into it, that doesn't mean a sizeable force can't be reckoned with.(Feel like a broken record)

Supposedly, nothing lives without it, though I've yet to spot proof of that.

overlord
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
lol, ages? try March.

And I do what I feel.

cool Oh, sorry, so you consider yourself a noob..

I can live with that.

cool

FistOfThe North
yea w/e, is the Force God? Could be.

chilled monkey
The Force is Spirit. Also known as quintessance or ether.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.