Republic Executive Building becomes Imperial Palace?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SatePestage
Did anyone know what did happen with the Republic Executive Building(which contains Palpatine's office) after Revenge of the Sith? I think it becomes the Imperial Palace..... what do you think about it?

Jack Daniels
Queeq bought the place and opened up the milk bar...lol

McCusto
The Senate Arena was turned into a YMCA, lol.

Cascador
This is not accurate information but cool
In the first comic of Star Wars infinities (where actually things change, Death Star blows up Yavin 4, rebels barely escape, Leia is captured and becomes an asset to the Sith, Luke presumes she's dead until he learns the full truth when he is a Jedi and decides to rescue her)

Anyway there Palpatine used the Jedi Temple as a sort of Sith temple.

SatePestage
I don't think that think that the jedi temple becomes a sith temple because in the re-released version of Return of the Jedi you can see the jedi temple in the background.....

SatePestage
sorry for my bad english

Jack Daniels
why would they need a sith temple? Vader is out chasing the rebels all over the universe and sidious would be all alone in the temple....just dont see why two dude would need a whole temple...especially with one of them gone all the time...LOL

Bespin Bart
The Jedi Temple is not made into a Sith Temple; the Jedi Temple is left in shambles as we see it at the end of ROTS and probably gets worse as time goes on. It's finally destroyed during the Vong invasions.

An the Senate Arena stays as the Senate Arena; the Senate isn't dissolved until ANH, remember? The Imperial Palace is actually constructed in the months and years after ROTS before ANH.

KENobi™
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
Queeq bought the place and opened up the milk bar...lol Originally posted by McCusto
The Senate Arena was turned into a YMCA, lol.

Good to know people actually want to have relvent discussions in this forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cascador
I told you that the information wasn't accurate...I think it wasn't really a temple...just a place where Darth Vader and Palpatine planned a lot...at least in the comic...But that isn't cannon.

KENobi™
Originally posted by Cascador
I told you that the information wasn't accurate...I think it wasn't really a temple...just a place where Darth Vader and Palpatine planned a lot...at least in the comic...But that isn't cannon.

That comic is far from cannon since the entire story is different. One change set off a chain of events altering everything.

Captain REX
Heh, you said cannon...like a gun... stick out tongue

I don't doubt that Palpatine and Vader made visits there often when they were on Coruscant; it had a fortune in knowledge I'm sure Palpatine enjoyed.

Cascador
Well if you look at the position of the building of Palpatine's office in ep II it's standing pretty close to the imperial senate...there is a possibilty that it became the imperial palace cause as you can see it's pretty close to the imperial senate too.

SatePestage
At the end of the Purge comic you can see Vader and Sidious in the red office..........so i think he simply renamed this building into the Imperial Palace.

SatePestage
The only thing i wonder is that i ever thought the palace has a pyramidal shape and that this building is the tallest building on Coruscant....

Jack Daniels
Im not even gonna quote ya Lance Kenobi er whatever but nobody squeezed your head...LOL....if we want any chit out of you we will squeeze your head...lol.....jus messin good to see you are still hangin too...and even though not moddin still putting folks in place!...LOL

Cascador
Originally posted by SatePestage
At the end of the Purge comic you can see Vader and Sidious in the red office..........so i think he simply renamed this building into the Imperial Palace.

yeah but purge takes place not long after ROTS...the palace wasn't created yet.

SatePestage
In the Dark Lord novel Palpy uses the EmPal SuRecon Center as his headquarters building in the months after RotS so its very irritating.

Captain REX
Palpatine uses the EmPal spire for awhile, and of course, holds his office in Republica 500 and the Senate building, but I'm sure he builds another palace. It is far more menacing looking.

Tangible God
They said the Imperial Palace towered above all other buildings on Coruscant, I'm assuming that it covered some area when it's this high, so there's a possibility that it may have been relocated away from the Senate. Too crowded there. Maybe.

But in ROTJ SE, the Jedi temple IS in the background, not clear as crystal, but that's it all right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.