WHich TV show seroes had the saddest ending?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
WHich TV show series had the saddest ending?

I remember the finale to quantum leap, the finale episode was rubbish, but the ending was really sad.

forumcrew
24 season 1 was pretty sad for our hero

jaden101
i'm going to go with a strange choice and say black adder goes forth which ,while being a comedy, had one of the most poignant endings ever when all the men went over the top of the trenches

i also thought band of brothers had a sad ending...especially when major winters told that one of the men who survived went out fishing and was never seen again...

LiL nAstY GirL
Tru Calling....cry I miss it so much

VenomVA
I'd say Season 1 & 3 of 24

Season 1 - Jack finds his wife dead
Season 3 - Jack breaking down and crying in his SUV after a VERY ROUGH day sad

T.M
One Foot In The Grave.

British T.V show.

papabeard
Quantum Leap

Ushgarak
Quantum Leap was harsh but deliberately hopeful. As for 24, Jack is such a messed-up-in-the-head hero that he seems to get over it.

People don't tend to stand for truly sad endings any more. You need to look towards Sapphire and Steel or Blake's 7.

Makedde
I think Xena: Warrior Princess had the saddest ending, when Xena dies, and Gabrielle wants to save her, but Xena won't let her...Gabrielle sails off in Xena's boat...

jenzie
i watched INVASION EARTH a few months ago, for the first time ..... that had a sad ending!

Solo
Twin Peaks, I'm sure 'mah boy S.A. Dale Cooper had the worst ending. Along with Cowboy Bebop.

Bardiel13
Chrno Crusade. No contest. The ending sucked hard. It was sad, ironic, and it just made you question why the hell you watched the show in the first place. It ruined the whole show for me.

eleveninches
the end to star trek enterprise was just horrible. It's like a kick in the teeth. Why did they have to do that?

eleveninches
DS9 was rather sad as well
As was Lexx

papabeard
Alot of sitcoms pull the same move at the end of the series, you know what I mean, the empty room of the house, lights being switched off and sometimes, sometimes the disembodied voices of the characters.

laughing

Tekno Boy
Not BlackAdder Goes Forth.

It had them charging over the top of the trench and then ending with a meadow.

papabeard
Originally posted by Tekno Boy
Not BlackAdder Goes Forth.

It had them charging over the top of the trench and then ending with a meadow.

Yeah that was amazing, very moving.

Blackadder is a different class though, i was talking about the stereotypical sitcom ending.

It happened in Friends and the fresh prince and im sure many others that I cant recall right now,, big grin

papabeard
The wONDER yEARS WAS PRETTY SAD, when they tell you that Kev's dad died of a heart attack.

The last episode of Seinfeld was great, not sad though.

steptreks
Originally posted by eleveninches
DS9 was rather sad as well

i was in floods of tears!!!!! id missed a couple and thought theyd all left!!!! oh but i was slightly happier by the end, voyager as well, they were happy tears though!

R.F Is MINE!!
What about F.R.I.E.N.D.S? Thats pretty sad!

ladygrim
Originally posted by T.M
One Foot In The Grave.

British T.V show.

did he die or did his wife i cant rember

Tekno Boy
I think it was him. He got run over didn't he?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.