Unreal Tournament: Last Man Standing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordzeb
http://www.unrealtournament.com/images/ut2004/maps/16b.jpg

Last Man Standing

Scene:

"Ah look at that crowd!" shouted a loud voice over a magnificently loud audience.

Indeed it was a very large crowd. They were waiting for the first part of the tournament to begin. They were fans of Unreal Tournament, a sport which invovled killing. It was a sport of violence, and terror, and people actually enjoyed it.

"Let me be the first to announce, the grand opening of Unreal Tournament!" the crowd was cheering loudly. Four doors opened simutaniously, revealing the contestants of the Tournament. "May the best man win, as we enter Last Man Standing. Rules are, you get unlimited ammo, and hidden in each level is a secret weapon, be the first to get it, to create havoc.

"Gaining up on people is strictly forbidden, and so is working together. You are against each other, and whoever gets ten frags is the winner. You, yourself have only five lives.

"Frags are something you get when you kill someone. Be the first to get the specifed frags to win.

"Health is vital to surviving. Each player starts out with one hundred health. Health packs are hidden throughout the level. If you reicieve a message saying you pick up a health pack, then you can use it immeaditly, or not at all. ((check your pms daily. you may get a surprise))

"The best kind of heatlh you can get is a Big Keg O' Health. This will give you 100 health. This is one of the rarest items you can get in Unreal Tournament. The maximum Health you can get is 199.

"Armour is rare to find, and it will nullify some damage. Armour will very between 50 protection all the way up to 150. Check your messages daily to see if you gain armour.

"I do believe that covers all of the basics." said the man. He uncovered a stand that had one single button. He pressed it once to show a screen. He pressed it again so the screen would flash many different things. For a third time he pressed the button, to show a single picture. "Albatross." said the man. "They shall be playing in Albatross for Last Man Standing. Let the match being." he pressed the button for a final time, transporting all the contestens to the battle field.

lordzeb
Blade made sure that all of his weapons were secured. His translocator was in place around his wrist, his double reinforcers were at his sides, katana on his back, and he had his lightning gun, and sniper rifle on his back too. And in his left hand was his flak cannon.

He wore a black trench coat, and black sunglasses. No armour was given in the beginning, so he had to be on his guard at all time. Unliminted ammo was a gift to him. It was rare that they recieved unlimitted ammo in Last Man Standing.

Blade thought it was odd that they would do something bizzare. What were they thinking of doing? The commissoner was hiding something, and Blade wanted to find out what it was. He had some unfinished buisness with the commissioner anyway.

A beeping noise was heard in Blade's ear. Someone was trying to contact him from the outside world. "Blade."

"I see you made it past the training." said a sneering voice.

"I'm going to make my way up to the top. And when I do, their will be hell to pay."

All Blade got was static. "Damn it." he said, swearing underneath his breath. The sun was setting down, and he thought that no one would try to get him quite yet. He made camp, taking out his katana to cut down some trees, so he could make himself a shelter that was hidden from view.

Nyria
Can a girl join?

lordzeb
((of course. i have a second character who is a girl. here is the link to the sign ups: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=387266&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1))

silent dreams
As Ace steped into the arena, she felt confident in herself. She looked around, observing her suroundings. This would be hard, but she was willing to give it a try. As Ace found an open area, she started to set up her camp, cutting down any trees or bushes that got in the way.

KingDubya
Jack arrived on a cliff. He began to survey his surroundings. "Albatross. I hate this place..." Pulling out his kukri, he made sure it was sharp by cutting the nearest branch. It cleanly fell off. Placing it back in its sheath at the back of his waist, he pulled out his sniper and searched around for his first victim...

KingDubya
*Has this died already?*

Lord_Saratn
((hope not. i'm waiting a little bit for someone else to respond.))

Lord_Saratn
((this sucks sad ))

KingDubya
*Not only that, it does so royally. Could someone else post? Soon?*

sonicthe
Bistor(Bye-store)looking at his surroundings spotted a rabbit jumping around minding it's buisness.Bistor took out his sword and...SLICE!!"No
more bunny!"Bistor laughed to himself with a muscular voice."I will kill all and destroy all that is in my path,no matter how harmless or strong!"Bistor shouted.

ChakraStrings
Malak opened his eyes. He was laying against a tree, staring upwards he soon remembered where he was. Slowly standing up, he gripped his sniper rifle carefully. Using his enhanced running abilites (as all Gen Mo'Kai Have) he deicded he'd scout out the area. Running quickly against a wall, he punched his armor to make sure it was on tight enough. He slipped his sniper rifle across his back, and pulled out his Flak Cannon... a personal favorite. "Okay, nothing..." He said to himself. "Perhaps everyone is dead...? No... that doesn't make sense." He was a little nervous.

After assuring that the area was clear... for now, he jumped upwards up on a rock. He looked around, pulled out his sniper rifle, and scoped out the area. "Phew... nobody." He sat down and began cleaning his sniper rifle.

NBT x 20
Kage was looking around hearing all the voices he felt anoyed. And the loud speaker wasn't helping, he started walking around getting to know his surroundings and the competion. Kage mumbled. "This is suppose to be a tournament?" Kage said shakeing his head and started looking at his gun.

Lord_Saratn
Blade thought he heard something. He spun around, katana in hand. Walking slowly, he tried to find who was out there spying on him.

"Got a visual?" asked Blade to Rose.

"Negative red leader." said a female voice that of Rose.

"Let me know when you get one." he responded. "Blade out."

Walking still, he tried to make his way through the forest. Where the hell was everyone? This was indeed a Tournament, and no one was here at all. Movement came from his left this time. Blade had barely anytime to duck, as Frostbite, a Juggernaut, fired his machine gun at him. Blade dove for cover, getting his sword ready.

"Damn it." he said, looking at his health meter. It turned out that Frostbite took nearly a quarter of his hit points.

ChakraStrings
Malak finally figured that he should be moving. Running from cover to cover he managed to find a small creek. He followed the creek and finally reached... what looked like a small fortress. He looked up, there was a bridge. He climbed up towards the bridge, but halfway up, he slipped and fell. Cursing, he left that fortress. "Okay, time to figure out what to do." He felt like someone was watching him, always tense, he fired two shots with his flak cannon into a nearby bush.

He stared, but nothing moved. "Stop being so paranoid..." He said, hitting himself on the side of the head. He crept up towards a tree, and noticed a dead animal. "... I hope I don't run into whatever killed that." Loading a fresh clip into his flak cannon he inhaled the fresh air. For a murderous tournament, this place seemed to peaceful. He came back to his senses, and walked towards the same creek he had found before. He began drinking the water, which tasted so clean.

NBT x 20
"FInally some action!" Kage yelled jumping rolling to blade. "Hey!" Kage yelled and started shooting at frostbite. Kage crouched and began running to the other tree.

ChakraStrings
Malak lifted his head up from the creek... he heard gunshots. Standing slowly upwards, he crept up on what looked like a Juggernaut. He grabbed his sniper rifle, and set his sights on Kage. That's when Malak began to sweat, this was his least favorite part of the tournament. He fired, but his bullet missed. He ducked low, and swore to himself. "Stop being such a wuss!" He kept saying.

Lord_Saratn
"Give it up." said Frostbite, breathing in slowly. "You shall be out of the running soon."

Wait for it...Wait for it...Wait for it.....NOW! Blade jumped from the bushes, lunging at Frostbite. Before he had the chance to defend himself, Blade jabbed his sword into the Juggernaut. After he pulled it out, he figured that he would just let him go, since he was critically injured. He wasn't that cold of a person.

ChakraStrings
Malak lifted himself up, and watched a human stick it's sword into the Juggernaut. He also noticed how the human didn't kill him either. Lifting up his sniper rifle one more time, he set his sights on the Juggernaut. "You can do this..." He fired, the bullet made contact with Frostbites leg. Malak knew he had missed. He loaded a fresh clip into his sniper rifle, and stayed hidden. He spat at the ground, took in a breath of fresh air, stood up, and began to aim at Blade this time.

Lord_Saratn
Blade looked up to where the sniper was. "Get the hell out of here Frostbite." he said to him.

Blade couldn't see exactly where the sniper was. He helped Frostbite up, and helped him leave the area. What made him help him, he did not know.

ChakraStrings
Malak watched Blade help Frosbite escape. Annoyed, he hopped down from his position and pulled out his trusty flak cannon. He followed their trail... it was easy for him, after all he was a Gen Mo'Kai, and he was chasing a wounded Juggernaut. His stomach churned at every turn. Finally, he saw them in the distance. He crouch walked towards them, and then pulled the trigger. He then realized that he shot the wrong person... He watched the Nightmare creature, Domina scream as she was torn apart by the flaks power. Running over her dead body, he pulled out his Rapier and charged at Blade and Frosbite.

Lord_Saratn
"Get out of here Frostbite now." Blade ordered, stopping shortly.

"I do not need help from you makil." said Frostbite.

Blade ignored the remark, preparing for the assailiant to come.

ChakraStrings
Malak gripped his blade so tightly in his hand, that his palm began to bleed. He continued his charge, he was blinded by fear and would never get a chance to back down now. His adreniline was at a max, his feet moved quickly. "Take this!" He yelled into the air, his sword lowered as it pointed directly at Blades stomach. He was almost there now.

Lord_Saratn
Blade was prepared. He sent out his translocator, and teleported behind the assailant. Swiftly he jabbed the handle of his sword, into the guy's back. He only wanted to disarm him, not to hurt him at all.

"Amateur." muttered Blade as he turned to walk away.

ChakraStrings
Malak felt a lump in his throat as Blades hilt jabbed his back. He fell on his face. Slowly lifting himself upwards he turned to look at this human, "You could've killed me right there... but you didn't." Malak said backing slowly away.

Lord_Saratn
"I do not kill so easily as others. I'm not in this tournament to kill everyone. I'm trying to survive, so I can make it to the top."

He then turned around, and handed a package to him.

"Take this my friend, and use it at your will. It won't restore your health, but it will ease the pain you have."

ChakraStrings
"Thanks." Malak stated taking the package from Blade. This guy... he was something else. He picked him his rapier, sheathed it on his back and sighed. "Why'd you join up?" He asked.

Lord_Saratn
"To show the ******* of a brother that I'm worth something. And also to defeat the champion, Malcolm."

Blade sheathed his own sword. He sighed, hopefully he made the right choice on sparing both of them. He knew he was going to regret sparring one of them, but he hoped that he was wrong.

ChakraStrings
He looked at Blade for a minute then stared at the ground. Why had he been such a fool? This tournament was for people who could fight, not cowards like him. "Well, this isn't going to end by standing around." Nodding his head, he walked the other way. "I'm... I'm going to kill that Juggernaut." Oh yes, Malak knew the Juggernaut could easily brake him, but, even if he died, he was still a winner.

Lord_Saratn
"Just give it some time." responded Blade, putting a hand on the stranger's shoulder. "You do not need to kill him yet. This match is souly surviving. I won't kill anyone, unless I have no choice. Killing isn't always the best way of winning this."

ChakraStrings
He looked at Blade again, "I guess you're right... this tournament, it's so strange. I thought that everyone here was a born killer, I guess I was wrong." He then coughed, his body was still recovering from shock. He knew that if he could win here, he would prove to his family that he could fight.

Lord_Saratn
"Best of luck my friend." Blade said, turning around. "Maybe we could wind up on the same team someday."

Blade smiled, glad that things went well just then. He could have easily killed the stranger, as well as he killing him.

ChakraStrings
"Yeah!" He said shouting over his shoulder. Enough talk, if he going to prove to his family that he was no coward, he had better get moving. He loaded a his sniper rifle and glanced around, it seemed clear. He then crept up on a small firefight between two humans and a Juggernaut. He watched as the Juggernaut, Cannonball was his name, tear apart the two humans with ease. Disgusted Malak grabbed his sniper rifle in his hands. He kept his aim steady, took a deep breath a fired. The bullet hit Cannonball directly in the lung. He screamed and fell backwards.

Malak sighed, he had wounded him. He drew his rapier and walked down towards Cannonball. He lowered his sword, and gutted the Juggernaut. He had done it, he had made his first kill in this fight. Ripping his blade out of Cannonball, he sheated it and drew his flak cannon.

Lord_Saratn
"Anything yet Rose?" asked Blade worired that his plans were going to go down hill.

"I'm sorry Blade, nothing. I have though managed to pick up a beacon on a few of the members of the match. A few of them are trying to close in on you. To your left and right, front and back. The air doesn't look like its being covered. You might have to take to the trees."

"Thanks Rose. Blade out."

Blade had done what she suggested. He took out his translocator, and teleported onto a branch. He crouched, waiting for the four opponents to come his way.

NBT x 20
Kage walked to blade. "Are you wacko he just tried to kill you!" Kage yellled.

Lord_Saratn
Blade had heard someone talk through his headset. It told him that he was a "wacko"

"I'm not interested in killing. I shall only injure my opponent, unless I have no choice."

NBT x 20
"You'll die a cold death with those feelings!" KAge yelled again threw the headset, he shook his head in anger.

Lord_Saratn
"I am an expert when it comes to fighting. I fought in countless wars, and killed many. I didn't like the feeling of killing. Does it make you feel good if you kill people?"

NBT x 20
Kage grew silent and could'nt think of nothing to say at first. "No but i do what i have to do." KAge said in a low voice turning around shooting at someone.

ChakraStrings
Malak felt a bullet rip through his shoulder. "Ahh!!" He yelled loudly. He knew he was being scoped out. He ran to a rock for cover. He felt blood running down his arm. Looking up he saw the sniper, he was hiding in a bush. "Dammit." He said loading a clip into his sniper rifle. He was wounded, pinned down, and nearly out of ammo. He grabbed his sniper tightly, and stood up, only to feel a bullet right through his arm. He dropped his sniper rifle, and fell on the ground. He wasn't dead, he just didn't feel like moving.

He had been laying there for about five minutes, and the sniper hadn't killed him yet. He forced himself up, and saw that the sniper was still there. He made a dash for a small trench. Thanking his enhanced running abilities he reached the trench, and found a small health vial there. He took it, and felt some of his wounds go away. Now, he had a sniper to deal with. Unstrapping his sniper rifle, he scoped out the other snipers position... this was going to be intresting.

(Phew some intense RPing going on. I've gotta go for now, I'll be on later today)

Lord_Saratn
"Then you shall fall in the end. I will be there to stop you from killing everyone in sight." said Blade in a menacing voice.

((lol. see you later then.))

NBT x 20
(Lol! Bye!)
Kage turned his head. "I'm not like that." Kage said in a low voice still in cover behind the tree he turned around shooting back.

Lord_Saratn
"Damn it." he said, noticing that his location was revealed. One of the four people looked up and saw him. Blade jumped from the branch, landing on the ground, losing a few more hit points. He began to run, running for his life, making his way back to camp. Their was no way that he could take on four people at once.

NBT x 20
Kage walking into the tent. "Hey!" KAge yelled smileing checking around outside.

ChakraStrings
(Backeth)

Malak checked one more time on his scope before taking aim at the enemy sniper. His palms began to sweat, his pulse was running. He knew he had to kill this person if he wanted to survive. He locked on to the target, shut his eyes and pulled the trigger. He was rewarded with an agonized cry, and then silence once more. "... Two... kills..." He said, breathing heavily. He pulled himself out of the trench and checked his surroundings, all clear. He wiped sweat off of his forehead and crept into a tree line.

There were signs of a fight here, as bodies littered the ground. He tried not to look at the twisted faces, bodies, and guts. Some of them were still alive, still fighting, but Malak had already ran past that horror scene. Taking another look around, he crept into the open, loaded a fresh clip into his sniper rifle and took a deep breath. He hopped over a Juggernauts limb and ran into a narrow river. The water felt good on his body, so he took extra time running through it. When he reached the other side, he saw a dead Gen Mo'Kai, and a assualt rifle by his hand. He picked up the assualt rifle, "Still a full clip." Malak said under his breath. He couldn't bring himself to look at one of his dead brethren, and continued walking through this nightmarish forest.

KingDubya
*Sorry I was gone for so long, but I couldn't stop playing Morrowind. Just so I can actually post this, I'm going to say that Jack was the sniper that Malak shot.*

He saw the bullet a split second after it came out of the gun's barrel. He quickly turned his body so the bullet would have a chance of hitting his left arm instead of his face. The bullet impacted on his shoulder, and Jack let out a yelp of pain. He dropped below the bushes and kept silent, hoping the other combatant would walk away. He was clutching the wound on his shoulder, trying to stop the flow of blood. When he heard the footsteps go away, he moved his usable arm to his kukri sheath. Pulling out the blade, he brought it up to his shoulder and began to dig into the wound to extract the bullet. Wincing from the pain, he finally managed to pull out the bullet, then he grabbed a nearby health pack and used it quickly. He still couldn't use his left arm that well, but he didn't mind, for he was going to go out and hunt down his enemies. Putting away his sniper, he pulled out his Assault Rifle and began walking.

Avier
Jason looked down at the action below him. He slipped down the ridge. He lept from the ridge into a tree. He pulled out his sniper rifle and brught it agasint his shoulder. He set an extra clip on the branch in front of him. He looked into the woods and waited.

Lord_Saratn
Running, Blade didn't want to be caught by the four of them. He would like to be able to escape with his life. Shots were fired, but Blade was able to use his Translocator in time to teleport to somehwere else. Where he was he didn't really know. He just shot the Translocator, and teleported. He sighed, as he noticed that the four of them didn't see where he was. This was turning out ot be good for him.

Nerotica360
*Memphis walked around in the contol room * has the match begun yet ? * he looks around looking for a daring opponent to try out see if he is good enough * ill show my murderer who is the best then i will kill him to * he laughs evily at his skeme*

Esaul
Blade heard someone speak, which was some how connected to his headset. He smiled, and spoke: "Don't worry my friend, the match has started. Best of luck to you. Just watch yourself. You won't know where I'm lurking until I make the first shot."

Nerotica360
haha dont you worry bout anyone but yourself is the best advice i can give you ! * Memphis looked at him* maybe you had heard of me?

Esaul
"I have seen you fight in the Tournament a few years back, when you were a worth opponent." he said, using his translocator, and teleporting out of sight. "I'm not easy to catch. I plan on being the best."

Nerotica360
* Memphis kicked up speed like a cat and was in front of him* i just take out my revenge on people in these fights and matches. So how about a little one on one ?

Esaul
"You were once a great fighter. Now you are nothing." he said, reappearing. "One on one sounds fine by me. Melee weapon only."

Nerotica360
awww you just did yourself a favor * he steps in the machine* set it and i am no hasbeen im still champion from 2 years ago

Esaul
"Of which tournament you talking about?" he asked, slashing at the machine with his katana.

Nerotica360
the District Gold Tournament i was flawless so lets go * the machine took him into the gane area *

Esaul
"Better than Malcolm?" asked Blade lunging at him. "I will slay you without trouble."

((they are already in the game area stick out tongue ))

Nerotica360
(( oops ))sure * he jumped back fliping his Katana around*

KingDubya
Still stalking around, Jack heard the clashing of metal against metal. Pushing a few branches and shrubs out of the way, he saw two people, who he recognized as the competitors Blade and Memphis. "This should be interesting to watch," he thought to himself. He sat down in the bushes, making sure to conceal himself as much as possible, aimed his rifle towards them so he could shoot down the victor, then got ready to enjoy the show.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.