Frank Zappa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ladyluck
I can't believe it. There's no thread about Frank Zappa. I don't even think he's even mentioned here. Anyone a fan? I sure am. He is one of the greatest guitarists of all time. No question about it. He was way ahead of his time when he started. He was incredibly talented and very infuential. He definitely deserves his own thread.

el_barto
I havn't really had time to listen to alot of his stuff, but We're Only in it for the Money is my favorite so far.

Ladyluck
One of his greatest albums is Sheik Yerbouti, in my opinion. I definitely recommend it to anyone who would like to hear more of Frank Zappa. yes

Victor Von Doom
He's a very good guitarist, but I don't think that's his main strength. His composition skills and general musical understanding are exceptional.

My favourite album is Zappa in New York.

Ladyluck
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
He's a very good guitarist, but I don't think that's his main strength. His composition skills and general musical understanding are exceptional.

My favourite album is Zappa in New York.

I agree. yes

Afro Cheese
I only have Hot Rats and Freak Out. I prefer Freak Out. Hot Rats is ok sometimes but it's mostly just technical boasting.

Alpha Centauri
Zappa can do that.

I'm into Joe's Garage at the moment.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Yeah he can, but it get's redundant quickly as far as my interest in the song goes.

Ladyluck
Have you listened to Sheik Yerbouti? I just can't get enough of it.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Ladyluck
Have you listened to Sheik Yerbouti? I just can't get enough of it.

Great album, yes.

-AC

GABRIEL05
I'm in an afro-cuban jazz band that does a version of the Grand Wazoo

Ladyluck
Sweet. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.