Sith Lords

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkman87
Where did they come from? movie does not talk about the sith lords. Can someone give more info?
I think Darth Maul is the best sith lord ever.

((The_Anomaly))
Well you'll have to repost this (or it will be moved) into the EU forum. In the movies there is no mention of any of this. So in canon, there is no real history of the Sith.

and Darth Sidious is the best Sith lord ever stick out tongue

Cascador
I'll tell you in quick way so this topic can be closed

In the beginning there were only Jedi. But some Jedi left the Jedi order because they were more interestedi in the Dark Side...they became fugitives and ended up on an unmapped world where they were worshipped as gods by a primitive race called the Sith...they heired that name. They used the Sith to built temples, the Sith race were slaves under the rule of the Dark Jedi which later became the Sith themselves
The title Darth comes from a Sith called Darth Bane who created a new Sith order with a new rule "there can only be two" cause the Sith in their history were also known for destroying each other. From his name the title "Darth" came which is based on Julius Ceasar...cause the roman emperors used his name as a title too.

Ushgarak
That's an EU explanation.

What we know from GL is that the Sith started out thousands of years ago, and once ruled most of the Galaxy, before turning against each other. Their actual origin is left unclear; GL's words might be taken to mean that the Jedi predate the Sith but also they may not.

GL does not seem to consider the possibility of the Sith ever having been a race, any more than there was ever a race called 'Jedi'. It's just a name.

Tangible God
Frankly I like the EU version better.

((The_Anomaly))
I like the EU explanation better as well to be perfectly honest. What I don't like is the fact that EU makes these "ancient Sith" so powerful its just stupid.

But in Canon, the Sith were just Jedi who embraced the Darkside thousands of years ago and called themselves the Sith.

Lord Magnus
OK, then.

Cascador
I like EU which doesn't mess with the movies...I saw a comic where nobody knew how Jabba looked like, and the comic makers decided to make him a skinny, ape looking alien. That is totally wrong of course!
Owen Lars was once Obi-Wan's brother...they changed that now, but they didn't delete the story....now it's just a brother called Owen...which he almost forgot because of his training. I don't mind about all that! I think it's cool how they present the clone wars in comics and especially the clone wars animated serie! Now those are canon in my opinion.

Captain REX
The EU version is more confusing for some.

Hehe, I remember that. They called him Jabba the Hut, right? With one T?

Cascador

Faroth
Yup. And the first Sith lord Was Naga Sadow (Correct me if I'm wrong. But I do remember it being Naga)

Cascador
True but it was Xendor's successors who conquered the Sith becoming the Sith Lords. Xendor was never a Sith...He was known as the first Dark Jedi.
One of the first known Sith Lords is Ajunta Pall

Faroth
I read something that tells you like the entire history of the Sith. No SuperShadowing or anything, everything in it is reasonable. No "Darth Scarz."

Tangible God
Originally posted by Faroth
Yup. And the first Sith lord Was Naga Sadow (Correct me if I'm wrong. But I do remember it being Naga) I may have missed out on something, but...what happened to Marka Ragnos?

Darth Jello
look this up on wookiepedia, posting it on any forum would take up like, three pages.

Ushgarak
It doesn;t matter what you 'consider' canon. It is NOT canon. I invite you to read the thread noted at the top of the page that explains board policy in this respect.

Faroth
Originally posted by Darth Jello
look this up on wookiepedia, posting it on any forum would take up like, three pages.

Wookiepedia? Does that even exist? A SW Wikipedia... Imagine that!

Darth Vindicus
Naga Sadow was not the first Lord of the Sith. He came after Markus Ragnos and fought with Ludo Kreesh for the mantel of the Dark Lord. Ajunta Pall was the first dark lord

drwerwer
All the sith lords came from one rouge jedi who then trssined many other rouge jedi in the ways of the darkside since he thought it was more powerful. But that is eu and i might e wrong on some of the info.

JOSHLEGG86
EXAR KUN WAS THE BEST!

yettoh
well exar kun was goodstarwars

SpaceMonkey
The tilte "Darth" didn't just get taken from someone else's name though. It was actually shortened from "DARk lord of the siTH". The first 3 letters of the title and the last 2 letters of the title. I've capitalized the letters there t make it easier.

Tangible God
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
The tilte "Darth" didn't just get taken from someone else's name though. It was actually shortened from "DARk lord of the siTH". The first 3 letters of the title and the last 2 letters of the title. I've capitalized the letters there t make it easier. That isn't canon.

SpaceMonkey
Not canon... just common sense.

Darth Subjekt
actually when explaining the name Darth Vader, GL stated that Darth came about as a variation of Dark, and Vader, from Father. I will have to find it and re-read it, as im unclear as to whether or not he just said dark, or dark lord of the sith. But i also heard that elsewhere before Monkey said it. If i find it, ill provide a source.

Ushgarak
No he didn't. Vader does NOT come from 'father'.

Alliance
You can find some parallels betwen "Vader" and father, but I agree with Ush that Lucas has never said so.

Tangible God
IN Star Wars however, the Dutch language doesn't exist, so there is NO chance of that being canon. And that whole "Darth=DLOTS," is, to me, bullshit.

lord_radar1
I have heard the whole "Vader father" thing, as well as some of the other character names, primarily the Sith, from both the movies and the EU. I haven't heard anything to convince me otherwise, though it seems possible. However, considering this is a canon based forum it would be safe to say Darth Plageuis is the earliest known Sith by name, and that many more existed prior to him. They would be unknown though since they were never directly mentioned. In terms of the EU Darth Bane was the first to take the title of Darth, where it comes from I don't know, but he was not the first Sith, I am not familiar enough with the EU yet to even guess at who it would be. Darth Bane is also credited with creating the "modern" one master, one apprentice rule.
Seems a silly argument in terms of canon since there is not enough back story in the movies to determine an accurate answer. And considering the EU is ever changing it may take some time before it can be answered there either.

Just my humble two cents.

Sources: OT, PT, StarWars.com Databank

Tangible God
Cut out KOTOR's version of Darth and the Rule of Two as well.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Cascador
I like EU which doesn't mess with the movies...I saw a comic where nobody knew how Jabba looked like, and the comic makers decided to make him a skinny, ape looking alien. That is totally wrong of course!
Owen Lars was once Obi-Wan's brother...they changed that now, but they didn't delete the story....now it's just a brother called Owen...which he almost forgot because of his training. I don't mind about all that! I think it's cool how they present the clone wars in comics and especially the clone wars animated serie! Now those are canon in my opinion.

Heres the Jabba from the Marvel STAR WARS WEEKLY comic and true to the costume departments habit for throwing any old costume on a background character hes wearing an Imperial Officer outfit..i remember the surprise when the first photos of ROTJ Jabba surfaced and he looked nothing like the one in the comic/or the novelisation pic where hes a human.
The comic Jabba is based on a background character who is seen walking past Obi Wan and Luke after the sale of Lukes landspeeder who appears to have come out the docking bay where the Falcon is parked i guess the Marvel artists took this as Jabba.
Dont know why they didnt draw the Human version of Jabba as seen on the behind the scenes clips.

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by Tangible God
IN Star Wars however, the Dutch language doesn't exist, so there is NO chance of that being canon. And that whole "Darth=DLOTS," is, to me, bullshit.

Instead of always adressing a Sith Lord as "Dark Lord of the Sith Vader" or "Dark Lord of the Sith Maul", they just took the beginning and the end of the long title and made it "Darth Vader" and "Darth Maul". Why is that so incredible or impossible?

lord_radar1
Cut out KOTOR's version of Darth and the Rule of Two as well.

True, however, Yoda refers to the rule of two in the movie so we can't eliminate that completely.

Stun
Originally posted by Cascador
The title Darth comes from a Sith called Darth Bane

yet KotOR I & II are full of 'em

Alliance
Oh my...thats the sithiest Yoda I have ever seen.

Now I'm inspired to make one big grin

Darth Subjekt

So Dutch doesnt exist, but only English does? I didnt say that Vader came from father in the movies, as in why he was named that, i was saying that GL here in the real world made that correlation. But like i said I will re-read it adn try to post what I read in the first place. Im not saying that im completely right (I know USh, "You're completely wrong."wink, but I know what i read, and thats all I have to go on...

Darth Kreiger
It's funny how people say Vader didn't come fom the Dutch word for Father, yet every Sith Lord after that had a meaning to their name, say any Sith Lord and I could find an alternate meaning for it, fiting their personality.

That's where he got it, GL can deny it if he wants, like he does with lots of things

Darth Subjekt
exactly...but you cant argue with all of GL's stepkids who post here.erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.