superboy prime vs thor ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
if anyone read crisis u would no that Sboy prime is a beast..does anyone no if he died when the flashes sent him to the speed force?

Azeld
Dont think its been said yet if hes alive.

Thor with warrior madness and the power gem would be a closer fight. His only chance as normal thor is bfr I think.

Mider
what is bfr? i dont think even with the power gem could thor win i mean didnt superboy prime hold his own against alex luthor who can make pocket universe?

Azeld
Battle field removal as in teleporting him away.

I dont have all the comics with the power gem in it but champion destroyed a planet with a punch while using it when angry and Thor didnt really seem any worse for wear after fighting Thanos with it.

Mider
i think he could do that even with out the gem he has killed whole planets has he not?

Mider
anyway if this guy can at least stand up to alex luthor he could own thor causeee he aint no alex luthor big grin

grey fox
I can't believe everyone overlooked thors blatant advantage .......MAGIC

spideycarnage
Originally posted by grey fox
I can't believe everyone overlooked thors blatant advantage .......MAGIC

agreed

Azeld
PC Superboy is a lot more vulnerable to magic then todays Superman but Thor would have to live long enough to use it.

PC Superboy should be able to beat the crap out of Superman so Thor would be in for a hell of a fight.

cheap cabbage
Adding PC in front of anything super automatically means he's gonna be tossing planets. Thor's great and all, but when a solar system is being chucked at him....

JohnR
If the Flashes can neutralize Superboy, he's not as great as people are making him out to be. So it's basically spoiled brat, cosmic level powerhouse vs. godly warrior with thousands of years of experience including fighting Galactus and Celestials?

Guess I'll go with Thor 8/10.

Draco69
They neutralized Superboy throwing him into something akin to the SpeedForce. For some odd reason, Superboy simply couldn't wrest himself free. PIS obviously. Superboy can obviously talk, think and possibly act at uber-Flash speed since he could gloat to Kid Flash even when the Flashes have far surpassed light.

But Thor can win if he keeps up the pace.

Tron
If he doesn't get his head knocked off first.

The Ion
Originally posted by JohnR
If the Flashes can neutralize Superboy, he's not as great as people are making him out to be. So it's basically spoiled brat, cosmic level powerhouse vs. godly warrior with thousands of years of experience including fighting Galactus and Celestials?

You're vastly underestimating super speed. This isn't some lame ass Quicksilver crap. This is multiple Flashes working together with FTL speed while one of them (Bart) was Infinite Mass Punching. Not to mention that they can also steal speed and stop all kinetic motion. Regardless of that, Wally West would be a match for Thor anyday of the week.

Superboy cleans Thor's clock.

thesilverspider
Hold on how do we know if SBP is even weak against magic........
Superboy knocks Thor's head off with one punch.

spetznaz

1) Several Flashes had to work together .....going full blast ....together. Ultra-high velocity characters moving at a speed that gives them near infinite mass.

2) In order to do what they did they had to give it their all, and the result was that the SpeedForce, the force giving the Flashes their speed, disappeared.

Anything that makes the SF disappear is not anything to sneer at. Especially if someone knows what the SF is and what it can do (it is more than just some 'go faster' juice).

Oh ....and these are Flashes we are talking about.
NOT Quicksilver.
One Flash going at full potential is a beast.
Several going at full potential are simply insane.
Several going at full potential, PLUS sacrificing themselves AND destroying (for now) the Speed Force in the process ......just to TRAP one individual ........that is one of the bigger impact things to happen not only in the IC but in DC.
One can only wonder what other shocks are waiting in the series.

JohnR
What I'm saying is that everyone's assuming this Superboy is on a level with pre-Crisis, Earth 1 Superboy. From what I've seen he's not. He didn't even K.O. Kon-el Superboy.

Thor 9/10

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Azeld
PC Superboy is a lot more vulnerable to magic then todays Superman but Thor would have to live long enough to use it.

PC Superboy should be able to beat the crap out of Superman so Thor would be in for a hell of a fight.

"Thorbuster" punches are Kryptonians stock in trade, check out JLA/Avengers

This would be a precrisis "Thorbuster", so I guess you could expect his head to end up orbiting Jupiter smile

King KAM
What I'm saying is that everyone's assuming this Superboy is on a level with pre-Crisis, Earth 1 Superboy. From what I've seen he's not. He didn't even K.O. Kon-el Superboy.

Thor 9/10 Wally couldve taken him himself if he wanted, they were going nowhere near light speed, and SBP would win this one, by way of decapitation.

The Ion

Thor 9/10
Do you think it would take several Speedforce users to beat Thor?

King KAM
Originally posted by The Ion
Do you think it would take several Speedforce users to beat Thor? They were pussyfooting it, Wally couldve done it himself, but instead he didnt want to kill him, wally is the greatest flash ever, and will always be the scarlet sppedster.

The Ion
Originally posted by King KAM
They were pussyfooting it, Wally couldve done it himself, but instead he didnt want to kill him, wally is the greatest flash ever, and will always be the scarlet sppedster.
What makes you think they were pussyfooting? confused

leonidas
i think thor would be overpowered, certainly, but sbp seemed very immature. if thor could hang on long enough to use his brains he might be able to pull out a win. but not often, i don't think.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Hold on how do we know if SBP is even weak against magic........
Superboy knocks Thor's head off with one punch.

he is vunernable to magic..The Earth-Prime Superboy has super-strength, the power of flight, super-speed, super-breath, super-hearing, super-vision (including X-ray, heat, microscopic and telescopic visions), and invulnerability to any other force than magic, psionics and Kryptonite.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superboy

spideycarnage
thors only shot is magic

Superherovandal
yeah but he might not be weak to the magic of thor seeing as how he's from an entirely different dimension. I mean the Green K of batman only made SM2 pissed off.

spideycarnage
wat? magic is magic.. esspeically magic from a god

ZephroCarnelian
Magic means nothing if it can't hit it's target...

I mean, Supes in PreC days could outrun beams of light and radiation with ease, who's to say that Thor will be able to even touch Superboy?

Superboy Prime has enough strength to tow planets around like a kid dragging a blanket around...

One punch and Thor is dead...

JohnR
I'm not sure why I'm even arguing this because the majority of you think that Superboy Prime is on at least a Thanos level of power, but for SP to one-shot Thor means he should be able to one-shot Superman. SP's decently powerful but having superspeed and moving planets isn't as great as you think.

Many characters in Marvel have destroyed planets. Thor wilting before the almighty power of SP seems unlikely to me.

Do I think it would take three Flashes to subdue Thor? Hey, I'm willing to concede it might only take two. You don't see Wally West taking down Supes and you don't see Jay Garrick taking down Black Adam. Superspeed should be more dangerous in comics and yet it doesn't seem to be all that often.

I see a lot of comments like "if Thor could even hit him." It seems like this should be a reasonable assumption, but it's not how "fast" characters like Wonder Woman, Superman, Captain Marvel, and so on are portrayed in battles. Maybe they're not as fast as you think, at least not in combat. The Flashes are a special case as they're always portrayed to be fast, but most of the Super-folk aren't. Thor wouldn't have any more difficulty hitting SP than Superman.

Do any of you really think SP is more powerful than Gladiator or the Silver Surfer?

spideycarnage
I'm not sure why I'm even arguing this because the majority of you think that Superboy Prime is on at least a Thanos level of power, but for SP to one-shot Thor means he should be able to one-shot Superman. SP's decently powerful but having superspeed and moving planets isn't as great as you think.

Many characters in Marvel have destroyed planets. Thor wilting before the almighty power of SP seems unlikely to me.

Do I think it would take three Flashes to subdue Thor? Hey, I'm willing to concede it might only take two. You don't see Wally West taking down Supes and you don't see Jay Garrick taking down Black Adam. Superspeed should be more dangerous in comics and yet it doesn't seem to be all that often.

I see a lot of comments like "if Thor could even hit him." It seems like this should be a reasonable assumption, but it's not how "fast" characters like Wonder Woman, Superman, Captain Marvel, and so on are portrayed in battles. Maybe they're not as fast as you think, at least not in combat. The Flashes are a special case as they're always portrayed to be fast, but most of the Super-folk aren't. Thor wouldn't have any more difficulty hitting SP than Superman.

Do any of you really think SP is more powerful than Gladiator or the Silver Surfer?

thank you!! besides thor has expericance fighting speedsters before.

leonidas
i'll bring up the old srguments to beat everyone else to them: thor couldn't hit spiderman. thor coudln't hit mongoose. thor has also missed the sufer with his hammer. quicksilver too has given him trouble once long ago.

his experience with speedsters has not gone all that well. i agree though -- he DOES have a chance here. and no, he sure as hell isn't getting one punched, but thor cannot move planets physically and is no where near as fast. he'd have to fight a very smart fight. if he could gode sbp into a fist fight where they slug away he might be able to use his magic -- ie a godblast -- to stun or ko him. it would be in character from what we've seen, for boy to fight like a child. thor could definitely take advantage of that to win a few. sbp 7/10 i think, based on all out power advantage.

oh, and the sbp/ss issue raised above -- it doesn't really apply. thor HAS no weaknesses for ss to employ like he does against superboy, so how either would do against ss isn't of any relevence.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by leonidas

oh, and the sbp/ss issue raised above -- it doesn't really apply. thor HAS no weaknesses for ss to employ like he does against superboy, so how either would do against ss isn't of any relevence. Leo your the man.

Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.