New Jedi Order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
alright, i have heard amazing things about the NJO, can someone tell me when the first NJO book starts off and the order in which they go in, i wanna start reading them. much appreciated.

ResubianNushi
Originally posted by General G
alright, i have heard amazing things about the NJO, can someone tell me when the first NJO book starts off and the order in which they go in, i wanna start reading them. much appreciated.

Amazing things? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Don't read them. Their crap.

Tangible God
People actually tend to HATE NJO:

For it's transformation of Luke into a demi-god, and the fact that it completely f*cked up the classical ideas of the Force.

NJO blows.

P.S. the first book is Vector Prime, it's the only good one because the Walking Carpet finally gets what's coming to him.

Ganner Rhysode
Originally posted by Tangible God
Some people actually tend to HATE NJO:

For it's transformation of Luke into a demi-god, and the fact that it proposed different ideas about the Force then have typically been used.

Fixed that, for you.

First of all, NJO has quite the number of fans.

Secondly, it NEVER, ever, EVER, not even ONCE, says "the Force is like this, this is fact and the way it is, the way we thought the Force was is wrong and incorrect."

That is truth. The "****ed up idea" as opposed to the "classical view" on the Force is merely a SINGLE, SOLE character's philosophy. Juts because ONE character believes something does not mean it is fact. For instance, Palpatine said he foresaw Anakin becoming the greatest of all Jedi. This obviously wasn't true, but it was Palpatine's personal belief.

SUMMARY: One character believing something =/= said character's belief is proposed as fact

calvin44
Umm...i think you are the only one that enjoyed them..

SnakeEyes
Calvin, don't even try to be witty or sarcastic.

As for NJO, give it a shot and see if you like it. For most people, it's hit or miss; they either really like it or really dislike it. I, for one, think it's very good so far, and I'm 13 books into the series.

calvin44
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Calvin, don't even try to be witty or sarcastic.

As for NJO, give it a shot and see if you like it. For most people, it's hit or miss; they either really like it or really dislike it. I, for one, think it's very good so far, and I'm 13 books into the series.
Part of it's "hit or miss", is becaue some of the authors are CRAP, and it does nothing for star wars as a whole. Luke is like a lego building, and each book/author adds another piece, making him bigger.

Brakkis
Personally, I loved NJO. I hate to blasphemize but I thought they were better than the movies. The order is as follows
Vector Prime by R.A. Salvatore (1999)
Dark Tide I: Onslaught by Michael Stackpole (2000)
Dark Tide II: Ruin by Michael Stackpole (2000)
Chewbacca by Darko Macan (2001) (C)
Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial by James Luceno (2000)
Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse by James Luceno (2000)
Balance Point by Kathy Tyers (2000)
"Recovery" (during Edge of Victory I: Conquest) by Troy Denning (2001) (E)
Edge of Victory I: Conquest by Greg Keyes (2001)
"Emissary of the Void" by Greg Keyes (2002) (S)
Edge of Victory II: Rebirth by Greg Keyes (2001)
Star by Star by Troy Denning (2001)
Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham (2002)
"The Apprentice" (during Dark Journey) by Elaine Cunningham (2002)
Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream by Aaron Allston (2002)
Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand by Aaron Allston (2002)
Traitor by Matthew Stover (2002)
Destiny's Way by Walter Jon Williams (2002)
"Ylesia" (during Destiny's Way) by Walter Jon Williams (2002) (E)
"Equals and Opposites" by Nathan P. Butler and James Raiz (2004) (C)
Force Heretic I: Remnant by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (2003)
Force Heretic II: Refugee by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (2003)
"Or Die Trying" by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (2003) (S)
Force Heretic III: Reunion by Sean Williams & Shane Dix (2003)
The Final Prophecy by Greg Keyes (2003)
The Unifying Force by James Luceno (2003)

Thats pretty long and daunting, but theres no such thing as too much Star Wars... or is there?

Ganner Rhysode
Originally posted by calvin44
Part of it's "hit or miss", is becaue some of the authors are CRAP, and it does nothing for star wars as a whole. Luke is like a lego building, and each book/author adds another piece, making him bigger.

Or maybe, just maybe it's because different people have different... Oh, what are they called? Oh yeah. Opinions. You like some things that other people don't, and vice versa. Just because you don't like something doesn't nessecarily mean it's crap, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Quit trying to shove yours down other people's throats, you uneducated bigot.

Dark Aristokrat
Oh shit. It's on now.

*Gets out popcorn*

calvin44
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
bigot.
laughing hahaha laughing

Tangible God
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Oh shit. It's on now.

*Gets out popcorn* Would you like butter with that? I got plenty.

And Ganner, ALOT of people dislike or hate NJO, not just around here.

And the Force idea was turned from "Dark(Evil) vs. Light(Good)" into "There is no Light or Dark." NJO completely twisted around the admittedly stereotypical view of the Force to fit into the series' plot. It was a loophole the authors needed to defeat the Yuuzhan Vong.

Thus being, in the entire SW galaxy, the Force is now seen as the way Vergere, Luke and friends have transformed it into. And MANY fans don't like that. It ain't just one person's opinon. The only hopeful redemption the Force has now lies in the hands of authors of future books.

In conclusion: Many people dislike and/or hate NJO. The Force has been f*cked over. And IMO, only Star by Star was good, where Coruscant falls and Anakin finally dies.

Get over it.

calvin44
http://www.thecodexseries.com/files/web/fanart/Thrall1138_JackPwning.jpg

Ganner Rhysode
Would you like butter with that? I got plenty.

And Ganner, ALOT of people dislike or hate NJO, not just around here.

And the Force idea was turned from "Dark(Evil) vs. Light(Good)" into "There is no Light or Dark." NJO completely twisted around the admittedly stereotypical view of the Force to fit into the series' plot. It was a loophole the authors needed to defeat the Yuuzhan Vong.

Thus being, in the entire SW galaxy, the Force is now seen as the way Vergere, Luke and friends have transformed it into. And MANY fans don't like that. It ain't just one person's opinon. The only hopeful redemption the Force has now lies in the hands of authors of future books.

In conclusion: Many people dislike and/or hate NJO. The Force has been f*cked over. And IMO, only Star by Star was good, where Coruscant falls and Anakin finally dies.

Get over it.

Oho, right, he pwned me. Sure thing.

Anyway, mayhap you don't know what a bigot means? Because, if you did, you would realize that you do, in fact, fit the definition quite well.

As for a lot of people don't like NJO, sure, that may be true, but a lot of people DO like NJO, otherwise it wouldn't have sold so well or gone on for so long. It's basic logic and reasoning. Come on, Sherlock, use those deductive skills!

As for the evil versus good thing, I already addressed that. No where does NJO say that's how it is, and that that is fact in the Star Wars universe. That is Jacen Solo's PERSONAL BELIEF, that is what HIS CHARACTER believes, not what the Force is. Mayhap if you had actually read my posts, you would have seen that when I posted it the first time.

You have your opinion, sure - but other people have their own, too.

Dirk Jade
i like the njo i just started it im in the second book, and chewbacca was kick ass why did u say he got what he deserved? sucks that he had that happen to him, and thanks for telling us who havnt read it that anakin died. please don't inadvertantly tell us exactly what happens. and by the way General G. you only need to get Vector prime and look at the first few pages, not only will you find NJO book series but EVERY book starting with Darth Maul Sabateour and ending with the unifying force.

Tangible God

Anyway, mayhap you don't know what a bigot means? Because, if you did, you would realize that you do, in fact, fit the definition quite well.

As for a lot of people don't like NJO, sure, that may be true, but a lot of people DO like NJO, otherwise it wouldn't have sold so well or gone on for so long. It's basic logic and reasoning. Come on, Sherlock, use those deductive skills!

As for the evil versus good thing, I already addressed that. No where does NJO say that's how it is, and that that is fact in the Star Wars universe. That is Jacen Solo's PERSONAL BELIEF, that is what HIS CHARACTER believes, not what the Force is. Mayhap if you had any shred of intelligence, you would have seen this the first time I posted it.

You have your opinion, sure - but other people have their own, too. He was trying to pwn you? I thought he was addressing the situation as a whole, not directing to your majesty.

I've been labeled a bigot my whole life for pointing things out that appear to be one sided, I AM the perfect definition of a RATIONAL bigot.

Everyone I know or talked to who has bought the NJO did so BEFORE reading them, and turned out, NONE of them liked it. Maybe it's my choice of acquaintences, who cares Watson?

Honestly, oversight on my part. I've thoroughly read the NJO, and by the time I got to whatever book mentioned this new aspect of the Force, I had been utterly turned off the series and stopped paying attention. But doesn't Jacen use that exact same knowledge and view of the Force to kill the Supreme Overlord and "becoming one with the Force without dieing," thus ending the series? I spot a loophole.

I have my opinion that is shared by as many or more people that have the opposite opinion.

Ganner Rhysode
He was trying to pwn you? I thought he was addressing the situation as a whole, not directing to your majesty.

I've been labeled a bigot my whole life for pointing things out that appear to be one sided, I AM the perfect definition of a RATIONAL bigot.

Everyone I know or talked to who has bought the NJO did so BEFORE reading them, and turned out, NONE of them liked it. Maybe it's my choice of acquaintences, who cares Watson?

Honestly, oversight on my part. I've thoroughly read the NJO, and by the time I got to whatever book mentioned this new aspect of the Force, I had been utterly turned off the series and stopped paying attention. But doesn't Jacen use that exact same knowledge and view of the Force to kill the Supreme Overlord and "becoming one with the Force without dieing," thus ending the series? I spot a loophole.

I have my opinion that is shared by as many or more people that have the opposite opinion.

Someone posted a pwned picture, insinuating that you, in fact, pwned me, hence my statement. Anyway, you acknowledge that there is another side and that people to actually like the series - I'm okay with that. It's people like Calvin who go around saying "I'm right, anyone who disagrees with me is not only wrong, but is also a dumbass, and a queer, and a loser, whose opinions have no merit, blah blah blah."

Anyhow, I'm unsure of that "becoming one with the Force without dying" bit, so I won't speak on something I have no knowledge of. However, TG, as opposed to Calvin, I actually respect you and your opinions.

Tangible God
Someone posted a pwned picture, insinuating that you, in fact, pwned me, hence my statement. Anyway, you acknowledge that there is another side and that people to actually like the series - I'm okay with that. It's people like Calvin who go around saying "I'm right, anyone who disagrees with me is not only wrong, but is also a dumbass, and a queer, and a loser, whose opinions have no merit, blah blah blah."

Anyhow, I'm unsure of that "becoming one with the Force without dying" bit, so I won't speak on something I have no knowledge of. However, TG, as opposed to Calvin, I actually respect you and your opinions. I appreciate it. I skipped over calvin's post, not surprisingly, I thought you were referring to Janus's post.

But yeah, when Jacen killed Onimi, he supposedly became "One with the Force." He did so without having died like all other Force-users before him. That was the focal point that ruined the NJO for me personally, I was hoping for some amazing Battle of Wills or something, but the author let me down.

calvin44

As for the evil versus good thing, I already addressed that. No where does NJO say that's how it is, and that that is fact in the Star Wars universe. That is Jacen Solo's PERSONAL BELIEF, that is what HIS CHARACTER believes, not what the Force is. Mayhap if you had actually read my posts, you would have seen that when I posted it the first time.

You have your opinion, sure - but other people have their own, too.

i was qoutes "bigot" for the sole purpose that YOU are a BIGOT for even using that term in this situation.

The MAJORITY of people on this forum and in the REAL world dislike NJO because the overkill feats of characters. The reason it sold so well was because the switching of authors gave people hope that the writing and storyline might improve.

NJO says there is no good and evil, and that is why it goes against the whole Star Wars universe, all for the sole purpose of trying to make Luke stronger.

You might want to stay on topis you BIGOT, because General G was asking for our opinions not "facts", because this is not a facorial topic. I gave my opinion, and you bashed it; for that,my friend, YOU are an IDIOT.

Ganner Rhysode
Except it seems like you're still ignoring the topic. I'm not being a bigot in that I accept other people's opinions and points of views, and the fact that they have them, and if you would have actually been reading you'd see that. =P

I also disagreed with your opinion, I didn't bash it - it was you who bashed MY opinion.

Anyway, logic disagrees with why you say the book series did so well. That's like saying, "well, HEY, Army of Darkness did extremely poorly, got horrible reviews, and has a virtually non-existant fanbase... But who knows, maybe the director will improve the storyline for number two! Let's give him DOUBLE the funding we gave him the first time!"

Sorry. Stuff like that just doesn't happen. You are wrong. You lose, good day sir.

calvin44
Umm...i think you are the only one that enjoyed them..
This is not bashing, your ignorance far surpasses you sense of logic.

Ganner Rhysode
This is not bashing, your ignorance far surpasses you sense of logic.

Oh, okay. Too bad that's not what I was referring to.

Part of it's "hit or miss", is becaue some of the authors are CRAP

And if that's not bashing, then neither is what I was doing, so your point is moot, if not defeated.

calvin44
And if that's not bashing, then neither is what I was doing, so your point is moot, if not defeated.
I was supporting the opinion you stated in the previous post, if anything.

Ganner Rhysode
Calling me ignorant hardly supports my opinion.

Actually, saying that I'm the only one who holds a certain opinion doesn't support my opinion, either!

Wow, you're full of sense this evening, aren't you?

calvin44
I was referiing to this:Originally posted by calvin44

Ganner Rhysode
How is your saying a good portion of the series is crap supporting my opinion that it isn't? o_O Do you think before you post a new message, or do you just tune in and out?

calvin44
How is your saying a good portion of the series is crap supporting my opinion that it isn't? o_O Do you think before you post a new message, or do you just tune in and out?
I was explianing Why it is "hit or miss", you ****ing dumbass.

Ganner Rhysode
Er, then you must have misunderstood SnakeEyes' post. He was saying it was "hit or miss" in that most people either really like the series or really hate it, not that certain books are really good and some are really bad.

You must have failed all your reading comprehension quizzes back in elementary school.

calvin44
I apologize, this whole thing was a misunderstanding on my part...

Ganner Rhysode
... In that case, apology accepted. We can let bygones be bygones.

calvin44
Yup.

Swanky-Tuna
From what I can tell, seems like they took all the mystique out of the jedi. But maybe they stopped being "spiderman level" a while ago, if anybody knows what I'm talking about. Powerful, but not too powerful. In the comic book world, it might be called Claremonted.

Ushgarak
Ganner Rhysode, please do not edit quotes from other posters.

Lightsnake
I'd actually say NJO was good myself...especially after Keyes' stuff

Brakkis
I have to agree with Lightsnake. Give it a shot, I thought it was well worth my time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.