Zoom vs. JLA/Avengers/Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Zoom is often portrayed with ENORMOUS CIS/PIS. For this fight, Zoom is completely bloodlusted without ANY PIS or CIS whatsoever. He is willing to kill. The superheroes have NO prep whatsoever and except for the JLA, have absolutely no clue on who they are facing. The battle takes place in a featureless environment.

Lineup:

Superman
Captain America
Iron Man (Normal)
Wonder Woman
Hulk
Thor
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
The Thing
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Batman
Spider-Man
Jack of Hearts

Blair Wind
I dont get it, how can he be touched if he goes through time itself??

Draco69
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I dont get it, how can he be touched if he goes through time itself??

Suspension of disbelief. His powers are difficult to understand. Imagine a man moving at faster than lightspeeds in a time-frozen world. That's unbelievably "fast." Silver Surfer, the Runner, and the Flash don't hold a candle to him.

Blair Wind
So he is Flash Prime? stick out tongue

Seriosly then NOONE can beat him....or at least should be able to, if he can move that fast. Is there any weakness to him that will slow him down?

Draco69
A plot-device called a time fold. Basically a f***ed up time-frozen area that "shorts out" Zoom and puts him into a coma.

golem370
I would like to see him against the Runner

Azeld
He should be able to clear the list. Biggest reason I hate speedsters is there existance is so riddled with PIS/CIS to make reasons for them to lose.

The Ion
Originally posted by Draco69
Suspension of disbelief. His powers are difficult to understand. Imagine a man moving at faster than lightspeeds in a time-frozen world. That's unbelievably "fast." Silver Surfer, the Runner, and the Flash don't hold a candle to him.
So he moves FTL in a place thats already frozen? Pretty ridiculous. blink

Azeld
When Flash borrowed the speed of the other speedsters to fight Zoom werent they going so fast even Superman looked like he was standing still?

Wally West
Zoom gets destroyed. Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter could do it by themselves.

If you're going to assume its Zoom with no PIS or CIS, then I'll assume the same for those 3.

jrodslam
Im not sure about that Wally. With no PIS/CIS, i dont think Supes, WW or MM would know what happened. Zoom is able to go from 0 to lightspeed instantly. I dont think anyone there is able to do that. Mr. Fantastic however would be a b**ch to beat. I think Zoom has a very good chance of doing some serious damage.

Juntai
Originally posted by Wally West
Zoom gets destroyed. Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter could do it by themselves.

If you're going to assume its Zoom with no PIS or CIS, then I'll assume the same for those 3. I dunno, until he stopped and started gloating and killing other Amazons, taking his attention from her, he had Wonder Woman beat in a matter of seconds, or less. 2 or 3 punches and she was sprawled out bleeding almost unconscious. Then he did the whole gloating thing and she got ahold of him with the lasso... when she does that, it's pretty much over.

jrodslam
^ I agree.

Plus she did state that he hits harder than Superman. He just moves to fast for anyone to react.

Arahan
Forget them, Quicksilver should do it.
He has now some bizzare time traveling powers.

Wally West
Originally posted by jrodslam
Im not sure about that Wally. With no PIS/CIS, i dont think Supes, WW or MM would know what happened. Zoom is able to go from 0 to lightspeed instantly. I dont think anyone there is able to do that. Mr. Fantastic however would be a b**ch to beat. I think Zoom has a very good chance of doing some serious damage.
Yes Zoom is very dangerous but to put him up against that line up is getting carried away. I didn't even notice Thor was in there, he could take Zoom too.

A blind Wonder Woman managed to smack him in the face and catch him with her lasso, and you can't just cry "PIS!!11!" anytime something negative happens to Zoom. He'll always get hit or caught and its just silly to insist it is always PIS.

Looking at that line up, how does he deal with Martian Manhunter? From the damage he did to Wonder Woman I don't see him being able to put down J'onn before he turns intangible and starts messing with his mind. Someone may insist he can hit MM with "1000 IMPs in a second!", because yeah, he always does that. Each time he hit Wonder Woman with an IMP he had to wait for her to land before hitting her again! I doubt he can get through Sue's shields, he wouldn't be able to snatch Mjolnir from Thor, he couldn't escape Wonder Woman's lasso, he could never do enough damage to put down Superman, etc..

Hes really good and could put down most of the human-level characters, but taking down the whole list, no way, hes punching above his weight. You could team him up with Flash and I still don't think they'd beat that whole list.

Juntai
Yes Zoom is very dangerous but to put him up against that line up is getting carried away. I didn't even notice Thor was in there, he could take Zoom too.

A blind Wonder Woman managed to smack him in the face and catch him with her lasso, and you can't just cry "PIS!!11!" anytime something negative happens to Zoom. He'll always get hit or caught and its just silly to insist it is always PIS.

Looking at that line up, how does he deal with Martian Manhunter? From the damage he did to Wonder Woman I don't see him being able to put down J'onn before he turns intangible and starts messing with his mind. Someone may insist he can hit MM with "1000 IMPs in a second!", because yeah, he always does that. Each time he hit Wonder Woman with an IMP he had to wait for her to land before hitting her again! I doubt he can get through Sue's shields, he wouldn't be able to snatch Mjolnir from Thor, he couldn't escape Wonder Woman's lasso, he could never do enough damage to put down Superman, etc..

Hes really good and could put down most of the human-level characters, but taking down the whole list, no way, hes punching above his weight. You could team him up with Flash and I still don't think they'd beat that whole list. Nah, he's not enough for the list, that list could take on just about anyone and give a decent show, Zoom however is an awesome and dangerous opponent. Vibrate his hand into people's chest and stop their heart and shit.. kinda scary honestly.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Juntai
Nah, he's not enough for the list, that list could take on just about anyone and give a decent show, Zoom however is an awesome and dangerous opponent. Vibrate his hand into people's chest and stop their heart and shit.. kinda scary honestly.

ZOOM's done for...

How would that group fare against THANOS...?

slade10
quiksilver isn't in this fight. And his new powers are unknown.

In any event, this is the JLA vs. zoom. The avengers and fantastic four don't matter at all, with the exception of thor.

Azeld
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5529988

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5529989

Flash was amped for that second one.Was zoom? If hes so fast even Superman is standing still to him he has a chance.

Draco69

Hes really good and could put down most of the human-level characters, but taking down the whole list, no way, hes punching above his weight. You could team him up with Flash and I still don't think they'd beat that whole list.

Did you not read my "NO PIS/CIS" rule? Your arguement is based on the fact that Zoom IS on PIS/CIS

Wally West
Did you not read my "NO PIS/CIS" rule? Your arguement is based on the fact that Zoom IS on PIS/CIS
No its not, my argument is the only way someone could possibly believe Zoom can win this is if they insisted he could only be hit due to PIS and therefore its not allowed and he wins this entire thing without getting hit and its not open to debate at all. Its such a weak argument to blindly cry PIS if Zoom got hit and insist hes invincible, assume no PIS for every character on that list too and Zoom goes down hard, hes out of his league.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/zoomww.jpg

And no, Wonder Woman catching him with her lasso isn't PIS. She kicked the rocks at him at superspeed so he'd have to dodge and she could predict where he would move to, she got ahead of him like she pointed out she'd need to earlier, she used her head.

marvelprince
I think that with the JLA having gone up against Zoom before they would probably manage to take him down. J'onn could just go intangible and mess with his mind can't he, and Wonder Woman and Superman could use the same trick of forcing him to move into their attacks

Draco69
No its not, my argument is the only way someone could possibly believe Zoom can win this is if they insisted he could only be hit due to PIS and therefore its not allowed and he wins this entire thing without getting hit and its not open to debate at all. Its such a weak argument to blindly cry PIS if Zoom got hit and insist hes invincible, assume no PIS for every character on that list too and Zoom goes down hard, hes out of his league.

That's the entire point of this forum. To have characters battle each other without the restrictions of PIS or CIS.

Answer me this: How can ANYONE manage to land a hit on a man who moves in a time-frozen world. The team will be frozen in time while Zoom is free to move around at lightspeeds IN the said time-frozen world. Superman certainly can't hit him. He was frozen too when he and Flash battled.

And no, Wonder Woman catching him with her lasso isn't PIS. She kicked the rocks at him at superspeed so he'd have to dodge and she could predict where he would move to, she got ahead of him like she pointed out she'd need to earlier, she used her head.

I HATE arguing against my favorite character....

But this is what we indeed call PIS. If Zoom was busy gloating or wasting his time conversing with Zoom than Diana would've been dead as a doornail. Without PIS, Zoom would have landed 1000 IMPs, vibrate his hand through her skull and ripped her limb from limp. Instead, somehow a BLIND Wonder Woman managed to tag with her lasso. The lasso would have been frozen to Zoom as everything else. Including those rocks he need to "dodge". It was a crap fight. Although it DID show how durable WW is.... stick out tongue

For the purposes of THIS battle, Zoom is completely and utterly bloodlusted. That means no conversations, no gloating and certainly no situation where Zoom is slowed to a crawl.

Draco69
Originally posted by marvelprince
I think that with the JLA having gone up against Zoom before they would probably manage to take him down. J'onn could just go intangible and mess with his mind can't he, and Wonder Woman and Superman could use the same trick of forcing him to move into their attacks

Unlikely. Imagine a time-frozen world. In that time-frozen world, gravity, light, molecules, and energy itself is frozen. And in that time-frozen world, the heroes are frozen as well.

Now imagine in that same said time-frozen world is person capable of moving at lightspeeds (and more) in the time-frozen world.

If YOU were able to move around when time is frozen, than you would be nearly impossible to hit. Even from Superman since he'll be a statue to you. Now imagine if you were capable of Flash-like speed when time is frozen. You're simply BEYOND speed. You can't be hit without some sort of miracle.

marvelprince
Unlikely. Imagine a time-frozen world. In that time-frozen world, gravity, light, molecules, and energy itself is frozen. And in that time-frozen world, the heroes are frozen as well.

Now imagine in that same said time-frozen world is person capable of moving at lightspeeds (and more) in the time-frozen world.

If YOU were able to move around when time is frozen, than you would be nearly impossible to hit. Even from Superman since he'll be a statue to you. Now imagine if you were capable of Flash-like speed when time is frozen. You're simply BEYOND speed. You can't be hit without some sort of miracle.

Woops. Looked back at some old Flash issues. Forgot that he moves above lightspeed when time is frozen. His powers sorta remind me of the Sentry. Since the Sentry's molecules exist in the future theorically he is faster than the fastest. The time frozen thing already makes Zoom faster than anyonle else, plus with his super-speed takes them all out

R.O.T. Yahman

The only Below Skyfather character who can realistically think of beating him is Photon / I.e. current T.Bolts Gennis Vehl. His 'Omniversal/Quantuam' precognition allows him to know exactly where Zoom Will move. B4 Battle starts he create wormhole into a blackhole which Zoom falls into. Zoom looses, you can't beat that !

Murda Mase

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/zoomww.jpg

God Rucka is a great writer, but that comic was sooooo badly writen on Zoom's behalf.

Wonder Women kicking rocks at him shoulda looked like the bullets to Neo at the end of Matrix.

Theres nothing no matter what Zoom did to stop and gloat whatever, that Wonder Women could do to hurt Zoom.

Everything shoulda been easily dodged.

I didn't like how the artist did him either.

He drew him like he was teleporting.

Zoom is best portrayed in the Flash books.IMO

thesilverspider
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
The only Below Skyfather character who can realistically think of beating him is Photon / I.e. current T.Bolts Gennis Vehl. His 'Omniversal/Quantuam' precognition allows him to know exactly where Zoom Will move. B4 Battle starts he create wormhole into a blackhole which Zoom falls into. Zoom looses, you can't beat that !
Well anyone who has time travel powers would do ok against him.

Swanky-Tuna
The way it sounds like Zoom's powers should operate, as soon as the fight starts they'd all be demolished by the accumulated power of an infinite number of blows.

Murda Mase
And sonic booms.

What I think is cool that he can do is throw anything at them and it'd hit harder then bullets and such.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Blair Wind
So he is Flash Prime? stick out tongue

Seriosly then NOONE can beat him....or at least should be able to, if he can move that fast. Is there any weakness to him that will slow him down?

If Spidey and the Flash work together, easily, assuming the Spider-sense would be benefited by the speed-force.

Flash grants Spidey some speed(can he still do that? Heh) and Spidey gets a warning where Flash will "be" when he materializes, and Spidey knocks him out.

If the Spidersense doesn't get any help from the speed force, the match is much longer.

He doesn't move at superspeed. He moves forward in time by seconds, making it LOOK like he has superspeed when in fact he is arriving at his location seconds after he left by simply cutting out the travel. If someone can figure out where he'll end up before he has a chance to figure out their plan, they can hit him. WW for example is such a well-trained fighter she can easily deduce her opponents next move, and thus hits Zoom.

Murda Mase
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
He doesn't move at superspeed. He moves forward in time by seconds, making it LOOK like he has superspeed when in fact he is arriving at his location seconds after he left by simply cutting out the travel. If someone can figure out where he'll end up before he has a chance to figure out their plan, they can hit him. WW for example is such a well-trained fighter she can easily deduce her opponents next move, and thus hits Zoom.

Then why in the flash books did they always draw him running and he even said hes the fastest man alive?

If it wasn't superspeed then they sould just draw him walking.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Then why in the flash books did they always draw him running and he even said hes the fastest man alive?

If it wasn't superspeed then they sould just draw him walking.

Wasn't it explained he was running at "superspeed" by eliminating the time it took him to arrive at a location, hence his lack of "speed force" reliance?

Murda Mase
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
Wasn't it explained he was running at "superspeed" by eliminating the time it took him to arrive at a location, hence his lack of "speed force" reliance?

Isn't running in general a way of eliminating time it takes to get to a location?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.