Tatooine Ghost

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
The official site has listed a new book coming out soon.

From the summary it sounds real good.

Follow the link provided for the summary and the book cover.

Tatooine Ghost

finti
Sounds actually a bit interesting

LanceWindu
But some guy at TFN yesterda pointed out some continuinity problems with it.

But the books in question are ones I haven't read, so it wouldn't mess anything up for me.

Bespin Bart
What did the TFN people find that was wrong with it?

LanceWindu
I'll have to go pull up the article.

Julie
You do that.....did they say what the book would be about...or give any kind of summary?

Captain REX
Here's the report from TF.N:

LanceWindu
If you would have read the first post I put a link for the summary.

Captain REX
You made it look like underlined words, so it's difficult to tell for some people.

LanceWindu
Well I also said 'follow the link provided'

Captain REX
Oh, then I have nothing nice to say. stick out tongue

finti
any news on this one????????????

Volundro Ramm
comes out next month. (March, if you were wondering.)

Julie
yea...I think it comes out really really soon like this week some time....March 4th perhaps.

LanceWindu
I know for a fact it came out today.

Cause I bought it at first sight!!!

Captain REX
Cool. Is it any good?

Also, the possibility of Gardulla being in the book is zippo because Jango Fett kills the Hutt in Bounty Hunter.

GordonSkywalker
I saw multiple hardback copies of this one at the local mall. Looks interesting!

Julie
I ordered it...and it came,....but I don't think I'm going to read it for at least 2 weeks...I still have to finish TTT.....I've been on that for like 3 weeks already...and I have abusy week coming up so not oto much reading time

LanceWindu
I'm 3 chapters into TG.

GordonSkywalker
Does Luke appear in this book,or is it just Leia and Han?

LanceWindu
I'm 15 chapters in and there's only a brief glimpse of Luke so far.

And even then it was only a call from Leia to Luke.

Julie
oh ....well...I guess a Leia and Han book will have to do then

Captain REX
Is there any action?

LanceWindu
I finished it a few days ago.

Yes there is action in it.

It's pretty full with it actually.

But it's mostly just chasing through Tattoine.

Captain REX
Your spoilers thingy didn't work. Oh well...

LanceWindu
It wasn't much of a spoiler anyway.

I just added the s's at the end of spoiler, that's why it didn't work.

Captain REX
I see...

Do they discover anything about Padme or Anakin?

GordonSkywalker
I think this is a great idea ! A book linking the original characters with their forerunners sounds very entertaining.

finti
Remeber the Spoilers, like with all the stuff it is text and you have to write spoiler, not spoilers smile

LanceWindu
I know finti.

I realized that after my time was up to edit it.

Julie
well it's fixed now anyway

Captain REX
Ye merrily.

You haven't answered my question, Lance.

LanceWindu
What question?

Julie
* listens*....I don't think he heard you there Lance....

LanceWindu
Nor do I.

GordonSkywalker
I have heard great things about this book from one of the ladies at the local bookstore. Great things indeed....

Julie
I still haven't gotten to read it....it's just sitting at home on a table or in a cupboard....*sigh* what a cruel fate

Captain REX
Sorry, it was up the page a bit. But I quoted it! smile

GordonSkywalker
I heard Leia comes to terms with her father in this story.

Julie
Yea me too.....I guess that's a good thing b/c in some of the other books the lady has mental wrestling matches with herself over the daughter-of-vader concept

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, like in The Truce at Bakura.

Julie
I remember liking that book...but thinking that it was probably one of the overall "worse" star wars books out there...I mean most star wars books are just absolutely enthralling...this one was simply good

GordonSkywalker
Bakura was, for me, a bit of a letdown as compared to some of the other books(i.e.Jedi Academy), but was an ok story. Several books failed to hold my interest,though. Stories like Children of the Jedi, The Crystal Star, and the Correllian trilogy just weren't as great as Spector and Vision of the Future.

Julie
I don't know why...but I still like the Young Jedi Knights series the second best overall...NJO is first....but I think b/c I first started my star wars reading with the YJK series...I have a "soft spot" for them

GordonSkywalker
I can remember when I saw my first YJK book at the supermarket or Books-A-Million back in the spring of 1997. I got Lightsabers first. Then, the day I saw the Special Edition of A New Hope in the theaters, I picked up Jedi Under Siege on the way home following the movie..

Julie
I got Diversity Alliance first....I won it free at the library...they had a kiddie box of prizes...it was a summer contest thingy...you read books and fillout a sheet of paper with the title and your rating of the book and then they pick out 10 and let you pick from the prize box....I believe Jedi Under Siege to be among my favorites of that series

Julie
I finally got around to reading this book.,....I thought it was absolutely lovely.... I thought the journal entries of Shmi Skywalker were surperb...they lent great depth to both her and Leia's characters

GordonSkywalker
I am waiting for this one to come out in paperback.

Julie
I finally read it.......it was good...uh I'll get back to this after I correct something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.