full powered Cable vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
this is a no holds bared match there is no city for cable to be worried about it takes place on a deserted planet not enough for anything to live on sept the likes of surfer and cable blood lust is on cable knows the fate of his dream is on the line as well as surfer knows the fate of the world is in his hands who wins

LETS GET IT ON!

AcousticDoc
surfer kills cable instantly.

Azeld
God like Cable already lost this fight and he was the strongest Cable incarnation I believe.

Swanky-Tuna
During that fight, Cable was still holding up his fortress and preventing the car crashes and stuff as well as repairing the battle field as he fought. He's asking what would happen if they fought and Cable *wasn't* doing all those things.

leonheartmm
cable losin to surfer was pure PIS, even normal cable wud kill surfer, at full potential, cable can eat stars.

Azeld
A star is a sun.You know those things, Nova the weakest herald can make?

leonheartmm
nova cant make stars, n shes not the weakest herald of galactus, the true form of galactus himself is an ever radiating star. and a star is also a potential supernova.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by leonheartmm
cable losin to surfer was pure PIS, even normal cable wud kill surfer, at full potential, cable can eat stars. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Surfer still beats Cable in this situation. In thier last fight it didn't even seem like Surfer was at all serious until the second he ended it. Which he did with ease.

grey fox
Surfer rip's cable to shreds...........

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Surfer still beats Cable in this situation. In thier last fight it didn't even seem like Surfer was at all serious until the second he ended it. Which he did with ease.

no he doesnt n where do u get the "wasnt even serious" part, cable was restorin everythin surfer was destroying, he was also holding back his uncontrollable powers and did not want to fight surfer to begin with, in the end he broke the surfer's boards with just a little concentration, it took a FULL out battle between MORG and surfer to break his board and that battle destroyed a planet, cable did it just like that just to WARN surfer, n surfer is just as durable as the board, not more. in the end surfer just melted his ARM, which he wasnt protecting by any psionic forcefield, that arm was just biomachenical with class 20 strength, nuthin much, not an achievement. cable actually willing to fight with no PIS wins.

soleran30
Yeah that fight ticked me offsmile Cable without distractions should own this chump unless TADAAA speedblitz! Otherwise win for Cable god mode.

Azeld
No idea what Cable has done to earn the kind of respect that people in this thread are giving him. If Surfer wanted he could destroy the whole planted with Cable on it.

The Ion
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Obviously not. Look who you're talking to.

People seem to forget that Surfer was also helping restore the battlefield as they "fought". I use the term "fought" loosely because Surfer didn't do anything but fly around pushing Cable through buildings. I know Cable fans like to say Cable could win going all out but Surfer wasn't going all out either. He wasn't even close to going all out. Bottom line, Surfer smoked Cable casually. Deal with it.

Mider
and what has surfer done to earn respect he's over powered punk i mean maybe id respect him if people didnt assume anyone he goes up against would lose they say he'd defeat sky fathers once which is total nonsense then they say he can defeat swampthing righttttt as i remeber it surfer was taken hostage by the gardener who is an elder of the universe and i think swampthing might just be a few notches above that and unlike surfer Swampthing defeated a very important being in the DCU when Constantine unleashed all his powers i think it was the word.

The Ion
Originally posted by Mider
and what has surfer done to earn respect
Plenty and a hell of a lot more than Cable's done. Surfer isn't skyfather level considering Odin dropped him in one shot but he is one of if not the strongest conventional superhero in comics today. You said it yourself. Surfer is overpowered. Mentioning his losses to Skyfathers and Elder's doesn't really knock him down the pedestal.

GODSCRIBE
Nothing Cable can do to Surfer I'm afraid. He'll just trap Cable in his own force field. Game over.

Murda Mase
When did cable and surfer fight?

I have nearly all of Surfers stuff tell me and I might be able to posts scans if I have it.

If anbody wants to see it......

Black Adam
Originally posted by Murda Mase
When did cable and surfer fight?

I have nearly all of Surfers stuff tell me and I might be able to posts scans if I have it.

If anbody wants to see it......

in Cable/deadpool 10.

wasn't much of a fight. just holding each other and pushing each other through buildings and fixing the damage each made like someone else said.

in the end Surfer won. Cable fans would like to say that Cable wasn't fighting at full power. But neither was the surfer.

Murda Mase
Damn if it was in the Surfers comics I could've, my Cable/DP comics are limited.

The fights in those aren't that great I only have a few starting from the issue before last.

TheKahn
Here is a scan from the Cable SS fight
I'll see if I can find somemore.
Also, don't forget that SS could just transmute Cable into stone if he really wanted to. Anybody who doesn't have some kind of matter manipulation is screwed going up against SS, imo.

soleran30
High level TK can matter transmute they control things at the atomic/molecular lvl..................thats why I never understand why they always make TK folks so stupid and use mostly shields and force shots.......................anything Magneto could do technically so could a high lvl TK its control over the atoms...................so technically Cable could have manipulated SS into stone...................huh we will never know.

TheKahn
Originally posted by soleran30
High level TK can matter transmute they control things at the atomic/molecular lvl..................thats why I never understand why they always make TK folks so stupid and use mostly shields and force shots.......................anything Magneto could do technically so could a high lvl TK its control over the atoms...................so technically Cable could have manipulated SS into stone...................huh we will never know.

I think that tk and matter manipulation is considered two seperate powers in the MU. Has any version of Cable ever tranmuted something? If not, I don't think its safe to assume that he could.

The Ion
Originally posted by TheKahn
I think that tk and matter manipulation is considered two seperate powers in the MU. Has any version of Cable ever tranmuted something? If not, I don't think its safe to assume that he could.
Agreed and it's not like SS can't manipulate matter on a high level himself.

TheKahn
Originally posted by The Ion
Agreed and it's not like SS can't manipulate matter on a high level himself.

Its one of thoes powers that the writers rarely use and when they do its as strong as they want it to be. Just like some of the abilities of the GL rings. SS should win this.

Murda Mase
Isn't Silver Surfer vulnerable to psy attacks?

Why can't Cable just blow up his head?

TheKahn

Why can't Cable just blow up his head?

Not really, SS withstood a telepathic attack from Moondragon with the soul gem. I don't think Cable can do better than that.

Azeld
Surfer doesnt really have a brain to blow up like Cable did Deadpool. Isnt his body cosmic power given form?

GODSCRIBE

Since when? lol

soleran30

Absolutly I am simply pointing out how silly people use TK in comics............................what is matter manipulation? Nothing more then arranging and rearraging molecules................................What does TK allow you to do? The same thing............they just make people go stupid with TK when really they should be hands down the most powerful people in Marvel damn near everytime................TK knows only 1 limit that would be what you can think ofsmile

Anyway He broke that board like it was a stick BAM thats some serious power.

AcousticDoc
how strong is surfers TK and telepathic abilities?

Azeld
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
how strong is surfers TK and telepathic abilities?

Hes the only one who threw off the Goddess's control in infinity crusade I believe.

Acrosurge
how strong is surfers TK and telepathic abilities? Strong enough to read TP resistant minds, resist TP attacks on himself, and affect the emotional well being of an entire planet. He can also transmit his thoughts anywhere in the universe. In addition, he's felt the disappearce of billions upon billions of souls during the Infinity Gauntlet saga. He's also completely resisted Mephisto's will.

Surfer's TK is really just an offshoot of the Power Cosmic. He can manipulate matter and energy on a cosmic scale. Sometimes he uses visible bursts of the power cosmic to accomplish this; other times, he simply wills the changes to happen.

leonheartmm
he can manipulate matter and energy on a cosmic scale?! since WHEN,

wannabe
I think that tk and matter manipulation is considered two seperate powers in the MU. Has any version of Cable ever tranmuted something? If not, I don't think its safe to assume that he could. Well, at the time X-Men fought the Neo and Jean only had telepathy, she used Cables TK to transform clothes on a molekular level. I know, that this is just a low feat, but it shows , that matter transformation with Cables TK is possible and neither Cable or Jean were fatigued by that feat and Cable was not nearly at the peak of his strength at that time.

AcousticDoc
So Silver Surfer has stronger telekenetic and telepathic powers than Prof X!?

AcousticDoc
Despite his super TK abilities, Cable still can't survive without air. That means he can't exit earth's atmosphere (I doubt he'd be dense enough to avoid his molecules from seperating either). At the most, Surfer could just fly into space and rain nuclear cosmic powered blasts on the Earth until Cable is wiped out.

leonheartmm
cable has taken point blank shots n survived, the power inside him wont let him die.

wannabe
Despite his super TK abilities, Cable still can't survive without air. That means he can't exit earth's atmosphere (I doubt he'd be dense enough to avoid his molecules from seperating either). At the most, Surfer could just fly into space and rain nuclear cosmic powered blasts on the Earth until Cable is wiped out. Why should Cables molecules separate in space???
What does that have to do with his density???

A the molecules of raw meat dropped in space would not separate, because there is no reason for them to do so.
A normal human dies in space (apart from cold, radiation and suffocation), because the gases within his body and body liquids, that don't experience any counter pressure from an atmosphere anymore, cause his body to rupture.
For a telekinetic, especially one of godlike Cable's caliber, it's not that difficult to keep up a pressure field of 1 atm and to separate the carbon in carbondioxide from the oxygen and so to recycle his own breath.

leonheartmm
silver surfer does NOT have even close to the telepathic might f xavier, he only has MINOR telepathy and high level telepathic SHIELDING. xavier has broken through galactus's mental barriers before with the help of magneto.

wannabe
silver surfer does NOT have even close to the telepathic might f xavier, he only has MINOR telepathy and high level telepathic SHIELDING. xavier has broken through galactus's mental barriers before with the help of magneto. ...and even without...

nathan summers
In a battle of endurance, Silver Surfer wins without question. He was built to accept intense amounts of punishment and has the ability to push out extreme amounts of energy. That's what he was made for. Truth be told Cable cannot hope to possibly match Norrin Radd's overall endurance and invulnerability. ( As evident in their fight. ) But I disagree that Nathan doesn't have the power to hold his own in a short battle. Had he not been attempting to make a point and concentrated more of his energy on the Surfer it would have been a better fight.

Nathan's output throughout his comic career has been compared to that of the Phoenix Force on various occasions. ( ie; Cable #29, Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix #1-4, Askani'son #1-4 etc. ) But since his body can't maintain the power levels he has the ability to omit he just can't beat Surfer. Ever. Unless Nathan comes to a point where he doesn't need to worry about the physical strains of his powers he'll never be able to take on comic level beings. Not without worrying about burning out or some other physical infliction.

Side note: What happened to his HEALING factor during that fight? In the preceeding comics of Cable & Deadpool #1-9, he and Deadpool were Physically FUSED together and merely ripped their bodies apart on various occasions. And moments later their flesh was healed nigh instantaneously. And as I recall, Nathan got some of Deadpool's DNA and same with Deadpool. This allowed Deadpool to use Graymalkin's teleporter, right? So why didn't Cable easily heal after Surfer's attack? Bad writing?

id369
Originally posted by nathan summers
In a battle of endurance, Silver Surfer wins without question. He was built to accept intense amounts of punishment and has the ability to push out extreme amounts of energy. That's what he was made for. Truth be told Cable cannot hope to possibly match Norrin Radd's overall endurance and invulnerability. ( As evident in their fight. ) But I disagree that Nathan doesn't have the power to hold his own in a short battle. Had he not been attempting to make a point and concentrated more of his energy on the Surfer it would have been a better fight.

Nathan's output throughout his comic career has been compared to that of the Phoenix Force on various occasions. ( ie; Cable #29, Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix #1-4, Askani'son #1-4 etc. ) But since his body can't maintain the power levels he has the ability to omit he just can't beat Surfer. Ever. Unless Nathan comes to a point where he doesn't need to worry about the physical strains of his powers he'll never be able to take on comic level beings. Not without worrying about burning out or some other physical infliction.

Side note: What happened to his HEALING factor during that fight? In the preceeding comics of Cable & Deadpool #1-9, he and Deadpool were Physically FUSED together and merely ripped their bodies apart on various occasions. And moments later their flesh was healed nigh instantaneously. And as I recall, Nathan got some of Deadpool's DNA and same with Deadpool. This allowed Deadpool to use Graymalkin's teleporter, right? So why didn't Cable easily heal after Surfer's attack? Bad writing?

First Agrees, with the first two paragraphs.

Second, Yeah I was thinking about that as well. Cable should have healed those wounds.

I believe that if cable was given a superior body that can handle the stress place upon him for wielding such high psionic powers, He can either fight in equal terms or even beat SS in a one on one combat simply because he was born with more raw power then the power of Cosmic SS was given.

Or Two in his max state, if Cable would have given a surprise attack and aimed at his SS body instead of his board, I think SS would simply walk it off.

King KAM
Originally posted by id369
First Agrees, with the first two paragraphs.

Second, Yeah I was thinking about that as well. Cable should have healed those wounds.

I believe that if cable was given a superior body that can handle the stress place upon him for wielding such high psionic powers, He can either fight in equal terms or even beat SS in a one on one combat simply because he was born with more raw power then the power of Cosmic SS was given.

Or Two in his max state, if Cable would have given a surprise attack and aimed at his SS body instead of his board, I think SS would simply walk it off. u beleive a damn mutie can take out a herald.....you are loco, as hell.

Dizzle
Yeah, even outside of their fight, Surfer's feats dwarf the heck out of Cable's. Blowing up planets, much much faster tahn lightspeed travel and reactions, high end matter manipulation, etc. Cable gets vaporized before he knows what hit him.

And just to have cool scans floating everywhere... Behold speed incarnate.
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9299/sspeed4tq4al.th.png

id369

Dizzle
By "large portion" you mean... tiny fraction, right? Jean's hella powerful, Cable has never shown psionic power ANYWHERE near that level. He's never shown anything near mind gem levels either. Which is why that route's pretty much closed to him. In terms of raw power, he hasn't shown to be anything compared to Galactus, and even less compared to his mother. Cable DID eventually shift the largest load from himself to Rachel in his "fight" with SS as well. And he still got curbstomped terribly. If nothing else, Surfer is way the hell too fast for him.

Mr. Overpower, 10/10.

Mordum
This is in response to id369 saying Phoenix is more powerful than Galactus.

id369
Originally posted by Mordum
This is in response to id369 saying Phoenix is more powerful than Galactus.

This is my resopne to your resoponse.
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9022/xmenforever6p161zq5az.th.jpg[/

King KAM
This is my resopne to your resoponse.
all i see in that pic is Phoenix holding a pocket universe, i dont care what matter manipulation she has,this is a battle of pure power.

id369
Originally posted by King KAM
all i see in that pic is Phoenix holding a pocket universe, i dont care what matter manipulation she has,this is a battle of pure power.

There its fixed.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Dizzle
By "large portion" you mean... tiny fraction, right? Jean's hella powerful, Cable has never shown psionic power ANYWHERE near that level. He's never shown anything near mind gem levels either. Which is why that route's pretty much closed to him. In terms of raw power, he hasn't shown to be anything compared to Galactus, and even less compared to his mother. Cable DID eventually shift the largest load from himself to Rachel in his "fight" with SS as well. And he still got curbstomped terribly. If nothing else, Surfer is way the hell too fast for him.

Mr. Overpower, 10/10.

agreed.

Dizzle
Meh, Phoenix>Galactus is debatable. Neither was full powered for their fight, and Galactus is quite a punching bag. The Watcher says Phoenix>LT, but the cosmic bunny and Reed Richards very recently created the universe. Which is right? Phoenix's true power is really very sketchy. She held a universe, but that was from the White Hot Room. Was it because of where she was, or her vast stores of power? Galactus is essential to the universe, and so are Eternity and Death. Is he their equal at 100% power? No one knows. It's all speculation, really.

Feat wise, Nate gets beaten into the ground. Period.

EDIT: Oh, that one! That's definitely the Watcher guessing at the future, not the actual future... It says nothing about Phoenix's power level. It's a GS favorite. To discredit the Watcher... I'm pretty sure he said Spiderman was the most gifted fighter on Earth...

King KAM
Meh, Phoenix>Galactus is debatable. Neither was full powered for their fight, and Galactus is quite a punching bag. The Watcher says Phoenix>LT, but the cosmic bunny and Reed Richards very recently created the universe. Which is right? Phoenix's true power is really very sketchy. She held a universe, but that was from the White Hot Room. Was it because of where she was, or her vast stores of power? Galactus is essential to the universe, and so are Eternity and Death. Is he their equal at 100% power? No one knows. It's all speculation, really.

Feat wise, Nate gets beaten into the ground. Period. agreed

id369

Feat wise, Nate gets beaten into the ground. Period.

EDIT: Oh, that one! That's definitely the Watcher guessing at the future, not the actual future... It says nothing about Phoenix's power level. It's a GS favorite. To discredit the Watcher... I'm pretty sure he said Spiderman was the most gifted fighter on Earth...

feat wise SS gets own just as often as Galactus.

King KAM
feat wise SS gets own just as often as Galactus. Becuase big G doesnt ever want to flex his muscle.

Mordum
Big G said he can easily rebuild his worldship and destroy phoenix" - So speaks Galactus.

id369
Originally posted by King KAM
Becuase big G doesnt ever want to flex his muscle.

The Big G has no balls. and always has excuses for losing. (I was hungry)

But what excuse does SS have for losing
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/7412/dudewheresmyboard5pb.th.jpg

Dizzle
feat wise SS gets own just as often as Galactus.

So Cable owns Silver Surfer and Galactus at the same time now? Phoenix is, once again, debatable, as Galactus has never been seen at his theoretical potential. Basically, he could equal Eternity. Phoenix apprently DOESN'T initiate the Big Bang. Reed Richards and the cosmic bunny did... A lot of the Phoenix stuff is the Watcher talking, which isn't really good evidence, unless you take Wolverine saying "I'm the best at what I do" literally.

Azeld
I always feel bad for Galactus. He should be one of the most bad ass guys in Marvel and have earths heros pissing there pants when he shows up but they always drive him off.

Black Adam

Same excuse as wally running into a sword. that and he's a pacifist at heart.

Whats Cables excuse to losing to a holding back Surfer?

Dizzle

Big G is ALWAYS hungry, and therefore never at full power.

As to Surfer... PIS. smile He's the fastest hero in all comics, for as long as it takes for Flash to catch up with him.
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6474/surferspeed2ag.th.jpg

Someone hates the overpower.

Mordum
Check out this new comic coming out soon

http://comics.ign.com/articles/674/674464p1.html

Maybe now galactus will get the respect he deserves - So speaks Galactus.

Black Adam
Check out this new comic coming out soon

http://comics.ign.com/articles/674/674464p1.html

Maybe now galactus will get the respect he deserves - So speaks Galactus.

meh...Ultimate galactus.

I though It was about the one with the tiki outfit. I would definitely read it if it was about 616

Mider
whats so diffrent about this big G?

soleran30
Yeah that fight ticked me offsmile Cable without distractions should own this chump unless TADAAA speedblitz! Otherwise win for Cable god mode.

Doh you guys did put up some good responses..................so I had to quote myself and say SS should win especially since he can keep his power levels up as high as Cable or higher for longer. That said I still think they make most TK users out to bu chumps when at the high end they should do what matter manipulators do.

Also Cable might have a shot at using telepathy and not shutting SS's mind down but accessing some of his powers and using them against him as well as his own TK. Even then Cable maybe 1/10 its a sad day indeedsmile

Mider
whats the point at being full potential anything if you lose to just one herald of galactus

soleran30
Dude do you realize Superman should lose to SS as well. Thats no crimesmile Anyway its not because Cable's powers suck its just that his body cannot handle all his power and keep it up like Surfer can.

Mider
yeah superman would probably lose to him but dont bet on it happening on paper any time this eon anyway everytime he's about to lose he gets pissed and defeats whoever he's fighting even though he just had his butt handed to him the last half an hour not that i dont like supes pfft i dont like SS even more bleh its not SS's fault they just elevate him to high someone once said he could defeat high fathers and then someone else once said he could defeat swampthing i know he cant defeat high fathers cause odin hit him once and he went down and i know swampthing would own him cause swampthing went up against the presance supposidly and almost won thats insane i know but surfer has been shown to be less powerful or at the mercy of the gardner who is an elder of the universe soooooo if he loses to the gardners planets i think its safe to say he'd lose to swampthings powers which are the gardners times 100 perphaps they say the vision is one guy who can take on the surfer in a comic the vision was totally owned by the gardner cause he had plants basically growing out every crevis thank goodness he is a robot if he was organic that would have looked EXTREMLY PAINFUL

leonheartmm
this is ridiculous, surfer cant destroy stars, he can destroy asteroids n has to put his ass into it to destrou small planets. surfer's board is as strong as he is, it has survived the hearts of supernovas and was only destroyed by morg and one other, it is said that nuthing less than the cosmic power of galactus can harm the board at all n cable broke it, with a tiny bit of concentration, when he wasnt even tryin to fight, when he was holdin back his awesome powers, when he had just rebuilded entire scenarios n landscapes that surfer destroyed n when he wasnt even close to full potential. if that doesnt tell u anythin about cable's powers than ur ignorant.

kgkg
this has been done SS smokes cable like nothin

leonheartmm
n ur the ultimate surfer fanboy here so ill ignore that CONVINCING argument.

Mordum
I think surfer wins cause he fights on a universal scale unlike cable which is merely earth bound.

Azeld
Nova whos weaker then SS has destroyed stars so SS shouldnt have much problem.

nathan summers
In a PHYSICAL confrontation, yes, Norrin Radd has the overwhelming upper hand. Nathan has no hopes to match him. But were Cable to simply have focused his efforts on telepathic assaults, I'm sure it would have been a much more even playing field. Perhaps even allowing Cable the advantage.

While Silver Surfer displays various physical and energy manipulating feats I somehow doubt he'd be much of a match for a telepath of Cable's stature. Nor do I believe Norrin Radd's mental abilities rise over anything than the basics that allow him adequate protection from most " average " telepaths. ( Unless Silver Surfer is an omega level telepath and has the ability to also travel to the astral plane, etc. ) Something Nathan Summers certainly is not.

If Nathan was able to crack his board then under speculation I'm assuming he could crack Norrin's mind. He easily communicated with Silver Surfer telepathically. Which means he had a foothold. Again, under speculation and what has been said about Nathan's powers he could have more than likely either pulled Radd onto the astral plane and out of a physical playing field or rendered him incapacitated in some fashion.

Any ideas?

Black Adam
this is ridiculous, surfer cant destroy stars, he can destroy asteroids n has to put his ass into it to destrou small planets. surfer's board is as strong as he is, it has survived the hearts of supernovas and was only destroyed by morg and one other, it is said that nuthing less than the cosmic power of galactus can harm the board at all n cable broke it, with a tiny bit of concentration, when he wasnt even tryin to fight, when he was holdin back his awesome powers, when he had just rebuilded entire scenarios n landscapes that surfer destroyed n when he wasnt even close to full potential. if that doesnt tell u anythin about cable's powers than ur ignorant.

They were both Rebuilding the landscape they were both destroying. Surfer doesn't seem like the type of guy he would go to earth and start destroying thing and lives simply to get to one person.

i heard that the Hulk has Broken the surfers board? Could be wrong i just heard it in passing on another board. anyway the surfer rebuilt a split second later.

Like Azeld said.

Nova whos weaker then SS has destroyed stars so SS shouldn't have much problem.

The surfer was also not trying to fight. He was holding back a whole freakin lot.

Black Adam
In a PHYSICAL confrontation, yes, Norrin Radd has the overwhelming upper hand. Nathan has no hopes to match him. But were Cable to simply have focused his efforts on telepathic assaults, I'm sure it would have been a much more even playing field. Perhaps even allowing Cable the advantage.

While Silver Surfer displays various physical and energy manipulating feats I somehow doubt he'd be much of a match for a telepath of Cable's stature. Nor do I believe Norrin Radd's mental abilities rise over anything than the basics that allow him adequate protection from most " average " telepaths. ( Unless Silver Surfer is an omega level telepath and has the ability to also travel to the astral plane, etc. ) Something Nathan Summers certainly is not.

If Nathan was able to crack his board then under speculation I'm assuming he could crack Norrin's mind. He easily communicated with Silver Surfer telepathically. Which means he had a foothold. Again, under speculation and what has been said about Nathan's powers he could have more than likely either pulled Radd onto the astral plane and out of a physical playing field or rendered him incapacitated in some fashion.

Any ideas?

Does the surfer even have a real mind to attack in the first place? has he ever shown to be weak and susceptible to telepathic attacks?

Nathan achieved a link to talk with him. But thats all.

Mordum
Surfer does think about his homeworld and that one special lady. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Black Adam
Surfer does think about his homeworld and that one special lady. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes he does. doesn't mean he has a real mind.

I though he was pure Power cosmic in a metal shell?

Has he ever shown to be suceptable to telapathic attacks?

nathan summers
Originally posted by Black Adam
Yes he does. doesn't mean he has a real mind.

I though he was pure Power cosmic in a metal shell?

Has he ever shown to be suceptable to telapathic attacks?

That's akin to asking whether Galactus has a " real " mind. If he's a cosmic entity that surpasses various other beings then why di Xavier ever attempt a psi-link with him? Besides, just because Surfer might not posses an organic mind as we know it doesn't mean he doesn't have a conciousness that can't be tapped into. Cable was able to communicate with him telepathically meaning there IS more than likely something there for him to exploit.

Black Adam
That's akin to asking whether Galactus has a " real " mind. If he's a cosmic entity that surpasses various other beings then why di Xavier ever attempt a psi-link with him? Besides, just because Surfer might not posses an organic mind as we know it doesn't mean he doesn't have a conciousness that can't be tapped into. Cable was able to communicate with him telepathically meaning there IS more than likely something there for him to exploit.

But has he ever been shown to be susceptible to a telepathic attack?

Has he ever been Mind raped by a telepath before?

Sixth_Winged
i don't get it, there has been already scan in this very thread which showed him getting nailed by a TP attack and causing him pain till he attacked back. That being said, i guess he still is susceptible to it.

Black Adam
You mean this one?

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surferspeed2ag.jpg

i didn't know he was being telepathically attacked. It just looks like he's thinking and scanning something.

golem370
pic

Black Adam
Originally posted by golem370
pic

That just shows the surfer blasting cable out of the air.

Sixth_Winged
You mean this one?

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surferspeed2ag.jpg

i didn't know he was being telepathically attacked. It just looks like he's thinking and scanning something.

Oops my bad. It's not on this thread afterall and it's not that. It's probably on one of the surfer vs. superman or lantern fights.

It's that pic with the alien that look they came from x-files and told Surfer to just leave while assaulting him mentally. It pains him, then he saw the girl asking her to leave, just because of something like her soul being immortal so he finds inspiration and uses TP as well.

TheKahn
If you put this version of Cable against just about any earth based mutant or hero and I'd give him a real chance, but SS is just too much.

Sixth_Winged
found it, it's this one http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p21.jpg

TheKahn
Again, he's taken a blast from Moondragon with the soul gem. I don't think a TP attack is the way to go
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Infinity_Crusade03-34.jpg

Sixth_Winged
Again, he's taken a blast from Moondragon with the soul gem. I don't think a TP attack is the way to go
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Infinity_Crusade03-34.jpg

Blast, not trying to mentally control or override. see above. It shows clearly he's not invulnerable to tp.

BTW, soul gem or mind gem, which is it?

Black Adam
Still go for Silver surfer turning him into a rock before he even knows he's there.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Blast, not trying to mentally control or override. see above. It shows clearly he's not invulnerable to tp.

BTW, soul gem or mind gem, which is it?

Sorry about that, its the mind gem.

TheKahn
Still go for Silver surfer turning him into a rock before he even knows he's there.

Or my personal favorite, tie his life force to a specific place:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/MCP175-p15.jpg

thesilverspider
Why turn him to stone whatever.The eye lasers looked liked they worked just fine.

Sixth_Winged
Sorry about that, its the mind gem.

no worries, i thought it was just a typo anyway stick out tongue

soleran30
It still would have been Awesome had Cable really been inovative and used his TP to not disable SS but to use his powers against himself not just this lame duke it out fight even though I am one of the MOST powerful TP/TK mutants on the planet actually at that time was the most powerful aside from cosmic entities amping certain other Grey's.

Dizzle
found it, it's this one http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_minus1_p21.jpg

He ended up beating them at their own game though. Even high end telepaths would be vulnerable to TP, if they don't defend themselves, just as a master martial artist is still vulnerable to getting stabbed in the back. Surfer was basically blindsided, but caught his bearings and overwhelmed all of them. I'm pretty sure those aliens were all very powerful psionically, too.

In a fight situation, it probably shouldn't happen, as Surfer would be focused. And controlling people has classically been much harder to do than frying someone's brain, which Moondragon failed to do. And yeah, that was the mind gem. They used to call all of them the "Soul Gems", but renamed them since only Warlock's really dealt with the soul.

id369
OK how about this, If SS was to challenge God Like Cable in the astral plane, SS would would utterly lose. Hands down no PIS or CIS.

Dizzle
OK how about this, If SS was to challenge God Like Cable in the astral plane, SS would would utterly lose. Hands down no PIS or CIS.

Likely, even if SS's telepathic abilities HAVE been shown to be pretty good. However, as this fight is taking place on the physical plane, Cable becomes a stain on the closest surface to them before his brain can process the fact that the fight has started...

id369
Likely, even if SS's telepathic abilities HAVE been shown to be pretty good. However, as this fight is taking place on the physical plane, Cable becomes a stain on the closest surface to them before his brain can process the fact that the fight has started...

Maybe, put know instead of Cable drawing psionic power from the astral plane he know has it thier to use as he pleases, while SS has to draw his power of cosmic from the physical plane.

In the astral plane, with Cable training, and his level to wield psionic power (last time I checked he is an omega mutant, so that means he has unlimited possibilities) With blood lust on SS would get owned in his world.

Black Adam
Maybe, put know instead of Cable drawing psionic power from the astral plane he know has it thier to use as he pleases, while SS has to draw his power of cosmic from the physical plane.

In the astral plane, with Cable training, and his level to wield psionic power (last time I checked he is an omega mutant, so that means he has unlimited possibilities) With blood lust on SS would get owned in his world.

Isn't the Surfer's Power Cosmic within him and not something he has to siphon from somewhere else?

id369
Isn't the Surfer's Power Cosmic within him and not something he has to siphon from somewhere else?

I think your right, on the SS having power of cosmic in him.

My bad. confused

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Dizzle He ended up beating them at their own game though. Even high end telepaths would be vulnerable to TP, if they don't defend themselves, just as a master martial artist is still vulnerable to getting stabbed in the back. Surfer was basically blindsided, but caught his bearings and overwhelmed all of them. I'm pretty sure those aliens were all very powerful psionically, too.

Problem with that though is that there is no indication of just how powerful those aliens were. They could've been weaker or stronger and there is also the fact that they just wanted surfer to leave and not die. Of course, there's no doubt surfer trumped them but if they're intentions were even more malicious, surfer could've been turned into a vegetable. Cable is a high end telepath no doubt, if this match is based on the first draw, it could be either him or SS. SS being with his matter manipulation and Cable with his TP, and unlike the aliens TP, Cable has common knowledge if SS can fight back and by the looks in that scan, it took some time for SS to rally his TP. The question would now be, who has the higher TP ability?

TheKahn
I think it would be fare to say that Cable has more impressive TP showings than SS. But the problem with SS is that he as so many powers that he just doesn't use some that often. He may be a really powerful telepath but we just don't know. I'd say he has enough defense to negate Cable's TP.

AcousticDoc
Couldn't Surfer just release 99% of all his stored cosmic energy at once to create an explosion that would deccipmate anything within a large area? I can't image god cable resisting an attack like that.

thesilverspider
Couldn't Surfer just release 99% of all his stored cosmic energy at once to create an explosion that would deccipmate anything within a large area? I can't image god cable resisting an attack like that.
That would not be needed when a simple eye blast took his arm off.

leonheartmm
that arm was just class 20, nuthin big, biomachenical, cable didnt put up a shield or he cud have easily stopped it, even with all the hindrences he broke surfer's board with just a thought, surfer wud get owned badly if cable was goin all out.

Sixth_Winged
I wouldn't be surprised. If you guys read the comic again, you'll notice cable was multi-tasking while fighting surfer and his attention wasn't fully concentrated at him.

soleran30
I don't think Cable would have the energy to have a stamina fight as noted earlier in this thread by poster nathaniel summers.................................in a straight up match if Cable put his mind to it Surfer should go down if there was a limited time for the conflict the longer it lasts the greater the chance surfer can win.

GalacticStorm
that arm was just class 20, nuthin big, biomachenical, cable didnt put up a shield or he cud have easily stopped it, even with all the hindrences he broke surfer's board with just a thought, surfer wud get owned badly if cable was goin all out.

100% opinion. Support it.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
100% opinion. Support it.

u just have to poke ur nose in if its me dont u?

that arm was a replacement of his normal suprehuman class 10 arm with slight superhuman durabilty{of any1 in the class 10 category} due to the technoorganic virus that he was infected with. it was made of organic metal, nuthing more, and as stated in his old marvel official bio{there is no cable bio right now i believe} the arm had class 20 strength, it was biomachenical, nuthin else, it, like cable's body was just slighlty powerful as far as superhumans go, superhuman durability of class 20 was given for his technoorganic part of the body, n theres no reason to believe that it was more, cable is a psionic basically, not a superdurable guy, he has class 10/20, durabilty for hsi body n the arm wasnt more durable than any strong metal{not like adamantium or vibranium} without cable puttin up a shield it wud be easy for surfer, but lets not forget that cable has taken gunshots before n lived cause the awesome power in him wont let him die. n since he wasnt mortally wounded, that can be counted out n it becomes reasonable that it wasnt a huge feat at all to destroy his arm, he was unprepared, he didnt put up his shiled which surfer wudnt be able to penetrate.

Black Adam
u just have to poke ur nose in if its me dont u?

that arm was a replacement of his normal suprehuman class 10 arm with slight superhuman durabilty{of any1 in the class 10 category} due to the technoorganic virus that he was infected with. it was made of organic metal, nuthing more, and as stated in his old marvel official bio{there is no cable bio right now i believe} the arm had class 20 strength, it was biomachenical, nuthin else, it, like cable's body was just slighlty powerful as far as superhumans go, superhuman durability of class 20 was given for his technoorganic part of the body, n theres no reason to believe that it was more, cable is a psionic basically, not a superdurable guy, he has class 10/20, durabilty for hsi body n the arm wasnt more durable than any strong metal{not like adamantium or vibranium} without cable puttin up a shield it wud be easy for surfer, but lets not forget that cable has taken gunshots before n lived cause the awesome power in him wont let him die. n since he wasnt mortally wounded, that can be counted out n it becomes reasonable that it wasnt a huge feat at all to destroy his arm, he was unprepared, he didnt put up his shiled which surfer wudnt be able to penetrate.

How do you know he wouldn't be able to penetrate it?

TheKahn
Or the Surfer could just turn all the oxygen around Cable into another gas and watch Cable choke to death. The Surfer's transmutation powers give him a lot of ways to get an easy win.

soleran30
How do you know he wouldn't be able to penetrate it?

How do you know he wouldsmile Actually if Cable had a brain he shouldn't shield himself but should shield SS so whenever he goes to do some cosmic attack it bounces back at himself lol

Black Adam
I wouldn't be surprised. If you guys read the comic again, you'll notice cable was multi-tasking while fighting surfer and his attention wasn't fully concentrated at him.

They were both holding back. cable was holding up the island and rebuilding the damage.

Surfer was holding back and rebuilding the damage.

I'd like to see a rematch with them going full out one of these days. But considering Cable currently is powerless it might take a few years if they ever decide to have them fight again.

Black Adam
How do you know he wouldsmile Actually if Cable had a brain he shouldn't shield himself but should shield SS so whenever he goes to do some cosmic attack it bounces back at himself lol

I don't. Which is why the guys theory is just a guess. He may or may not be able to penetrate it. Never proven he can or couldn't.

thesilverspider
Why does everyone keep saying that cable was multi tasking and this other crap.Surfer was also multi tasking by fixing all the damage they where causing.The bottom line is surfer got serious for one sec and it was more then enough to down cable.Everyone can argue all they want that it was pis whatever.Cable got beat in his own comic by someone that the fantastic four knew was capable of beating Cable.

No one has a good arguement why CAble would beat Surfer there all opinions and what not.

Cosmic Flame
The thing is that Cable wasn't trying to fight Surfer. There's the difference. Surfer was trying to take Cable down, but Cable wasn't trying to take Surfer down. Saying why he didn't do this or that is moot, because he didn't want to fight.

Didn't Cable also take control of the island back from Rachel after Surfer took him down?

Black Adam
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
The thing is that Cable wasn't trying to fight Surfer. There's the difference. Surfer was trying to take Cable down, but Cable wasn't trying to take Surfer down. Saying why he didn't do this or that is moot, because he didn't want to fight.

Didn't Cable also take control of the island back from Rachel after Surfer took him down?

surfer was trying to make him submit. he wasn't trying to kill him.

neither was fighting at their peaks.

Yet a holding back surfer not trying to kill or seriously harm him took him down.

And Cable was trying to take him down at the finale moments when he realized he didn't come all this way to be taken down. And he still lost.

He knocked Surfer around and broke his board but the surfer got back up and eye blasted him. He rebuilt his board and took away Cables powers and was out of the shields tracking in just three panels.

The reason Cable got his powers back was because Deadpool used a device to to jump start it for a few seconds to allow Cable to bring the Island down safely. Cable was left a drooling vegetable moments later.

id369

Black Adam

AcousticDoc
Did I not understand the comic? Because it strikes me as very uncharacteristic of SS when he blasted cable and took away his power then leaving off into space. I mean...with cable knocked out...you still got a freaking island taht's about to collapse...

*On a side note, I also found it strange that they had to contact silver surfer when dr. strange could have put cable down.

Dizzle
Cable actually let go of the island, btw... Rachel took over for him midway through the fight, becasue he couldn't keep all of it up. Both were repairing damage. Surfer blasted him a total of once in the whole fight, even though that's pretty much how he fights everyone who he's really trying to put down. It's pretty clear that both were holding back.

Why was Cable though? He was extremely dedicated, and I doubt he'd hold back from hurting someone else who was trying to stop him. It's even possible that he wasn't trying to fight SS because he knew he couldn't win. The whole time, he was asking Surfer why SS wouldn't let him finish his goal and whatnot... It's always a possiblity.

All in all, Surfer wins, with or without his godly speed. His matter manipulation is well beyond Cable's, and he has been shown to have some good psionic defense before. (again, he didn't even know the aliens were there... he was caught unawares, and so wasn't trying to resist when they balsted him) Cable is much less durable. Surfer has a variety of basically instant kill moves that he could pull, while a win for Cable would require a good bit of work.

leonheartmm
lets ask ourselves how many people have in the past destroyed surfer's board, i can only think of morg and galactus, and morg did it after a long continuous fight and that fight destroyed a planet btw. it is said that nuthing short of galactus's power can harm the board at all n surfer did it with just a lil oncentration.{btw any1 who has ever destroyed the board was stronger than surfer. surfer was serious from the beginning, speed blitzing cable{on the board} through a ton of scenarios n not even listening to him, cable didnt want to fight, he made that very clear, he was continuously restoring the awesome damage they were doing, mostly by himself{proving that his matter manipulation abilities are at the very least proven to be equal to surfer's} he was also holding back as usual because his awesome power could destroy everything n he wudnt be able to control it. he was also telepathically in contact with the surfer's mind{which proves that he is powerdul enough to break through herald level telepathic resistance, n btw xavier broke through galactus's mental barriers n xavier is a lot weaker than cable. and in the end when surfer destroyed the arm, it wasnt a huge feat at all because of the reasons i have mentioned before, cable didnt have his shield up, if he did, surfer wudnt be able to penetrate it at all, seeing as cable has shown greater power than surfer even in this fight.

superbatman86
Xavier didn't break down Galactus' barriers.B is automaticaly connected to any mind he comes in contact with.How do you think he and surfer knew english when they came to earth?Also Galactus threw X out of his head and had to help his astral form get back to his body.Any way as strong as Cable is he's still no match for surfer as he one shotted him.And he was holding back also.When has surfer ever tried to kill someone he thought was good but misguided coughhulkcough.He didn't use his hand energy blasts that he always uses when he's serious.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by superbatman86
Xavier didn't break down Galactus' barriers.B is automaticaly connected to any mind he comes in contact with.How do you think he and surfer knew english when they came to earth?Also Galactus threw X out of his head and had to help his astral form get back to his body.Any way as strong as Cable is he's still no match for surfer as he one shotted him.And he was holding back also.When has surfer ever tried to kill someone he thought was good but misguided coughhulkcough.He didn't use his hand energy blasts that he always uses when he's serious.

unfounded baseless oppinion just like all other surfer supporters here, none of my points have been succesfully countered n oppinions are given while avoiding my argument. cable wins.

Warmonger
unfounded baseless oppinion just like all other surfer supporters here, none of my points have been succesfully countered n oppinions are given while avoiding my argument. cable wins.

uhm might want to glance a page or two back...

TheKahn
ninja

Black Adam
ninja

where the hell have you been?

TheKahn
where the hell have you been?

I'm taking a couple of political science course this summer and thanks to the way the classes are scheduled I'm not really able to get online for any length of time until about 5 or 6 pm. sad

Black Adam
I'm taking a couple of political science course this summer and thanks to the way the classes are scheduled I'm not really able to get online for any length of time until about 5 or 6 pm. sad

I see.

so uhh political science huh? ....well ummmm....

so how about them yankees?

TheKahn
I see.

so uhh political science huh? ....well ummmm....

so how about them yankees?

wrong sport. football wink

Black Adam
wrong sport. football wink

football fan huh?

so how about them falcons?

TheKahn
football fan huh?

so how about them falcons?

I think they'll do well in their devision (although the Buck's defensive speed seems to give Vick trouble) but they need to pick a damn offensive system and stick with it.

dude189
okay, I just have to chip in here... you guys know Cable not only let surfer win, but wanted him to win in the first place right?

The entire point of that story arch was Cable trying to make a mytar of himself to unite the world.

A couple of points here, surfer's skin is made of the same compound as his board, cable could have just as easily attacked surfer with that destructive attack finishing the fight there. Secondly, surfer is not immune to psionics or mental attacks. He is highly resistance to mind control and such due to his willpower, but not near immune. there was nothing stopping Nate from frying his mind or toying with him mentally.

Cable went into that fight with the intention of loosing.

Nate's power-levels rival the phoenix, which in turn has tuned galactis in the past, surfers creator.

He-guy88
Originally posted by dude189
okay, I just have to chip in here... you guys know Cable not only let surfer win, but wanted him to win in the first place right?

The entire point of that story arch was Cable trying to make a mytar of himself to unite the world.

A couple of points here, surfer's skin is made of the same compound as his board, cable could have just as easily attacked surfer with that destructive attack finishing the fight there. Secondly, surfer is not immune to psionics or mental attacks. He is highly resistance to mind control and such due to his willpower, but not near immune. there was nothing stopping Nate from frying his mind or toying with him mentally.

Nate's power-levels rival the phoenix, which in turn has tuned galactis in the past, surfers creator.

u make good arguments my friend

juggernaut66666

i agree with the surfer part but i don't think hw was phoenix level

King KAM

Nate's power-levels rival the phoenix, which in turn has tuned galactis in the past, surfers creator. nice but none of these things are true,

Cable did not let surfer win anything, he was beaten fair and square, he knew he would lose, in order for cable to do a mental attack on surfer he would have to concentrate for a longer amount of time than surfer would ever give him, and he broke surfers board....that isnt such a great feat, it has been done before and yet surfer has still beat those guys.

cable is strong but he cant tangle with the herald of galactus, his biggest weapon is nullified.

TheKahn

blink

TheKahn
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool092005broomhandle.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool092005broomhandle1.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool092005broomhandle.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur.jpg
http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur2.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur3.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur1.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur4.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur2.jpg
http://img320.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur.jpg
http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur1.jpg
http://img487.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cabledeadpool102005streetsamur.jpg

Here are the scans of the fight from the Cable respect thread. From them I can't really see how people think Cable was "winning" in any way, shape, or fashion. He did get in one shot and also managed to break the Surfer's board (both of which do not put Cable in the Surfer league). At the end of the fight it was Cable laying in a pool of his own blood.

ExtraMision5555
I dont think Cable let SS win moreso than Cable knew he couldent win

Like someone said before, durring the entire fight he was asking SS why he wouldent let him finish

SS standing over cables broken body also mentioned that he has seen a cable-esque event happen before, and he wasnt going to let it happen to earth.

I guess you could argue that cable wanted it to happen, but i dont think that was the case, otherwise he wouldent have said some of the things he said,

Also, i dont think Cables durability is anywhere near SS

dude189
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
I dont think Cable let SS win moreso than Cable knew he couldent win

Like someone said before, durring the entire fight he was asking SS why he wouldent let him finish

SS standing over cables broken body also mentioned that he has seen a cable-esque event happen before, and he wasn't going to let it happen to earth.

I guess you could argue that cable wanted it to happen, but i dont think that was the case, otherwise he wouldent have said some of the things he said,

Also, i dont think Cables durability is anywhere near SS

Yea, Cables durability is his problem in general, he is only a human mutant, whereas silver surfer is a cosmic being, and in the end is why he lost the fight, if you want to call it that.

surfer was disintegrating everything in the area at the atomic level with the force he was throwing at cable. Cable not only took it, but rebuilt the damage, while trying to talk surfer into backing down. Its this expenditure of power that wore out Cable. At that point Cable had been spreading the use of his powers on a global level for weeks if not months. This in of itself was wearing him out, and his time was nearing its end when surfer faced him.

Regardless of how the surfer won, i will agree with your first statement. It wasn't possible for cable to win that fight. not due to cables lack of power or ability, but what he was trying to accomplish. He was trying to bring peace and enlightenment to the people of earth. The only way he could have stopped surfer is if he 1, killed him, or 2, screwed with his mind. The moral situation he placed himself in wouldn't allow him to do either of these things.

As for cable not having time to concentrate on a mental attack, he had time to link their minds, which is more then enough. His power level has been shown to selectively alter memories from an entire city in an instant. If this was a simply all out battle to the death, there is nothing surfer can do to stop cable from mind wiping him or simply destroying him with a tk slam as he did to his board.

Id be curious if his tk would work past the surfers skin, on say his internal organs, as cable has used it to simply stop peoples hearts before to flat out kill them.

dude189
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
i agree with the surfer part but i don't think hw was phoenix level

In a certian cable issue (i can look it up if anyone cares) professor X runs across two cable psy signatures, and worries that stryfe has returned, when in fact its X-Man or nate grey, an alternet version of Cable. Anywho, they show his power outputs next to the phoenix, to which they are practicly identical.

Their only problem is that they are only human, and cannot contain their own energies... with the exception of stryfe for some reason.

The Fake Macoy
Both SS and Cable were busy reconstructing everything that they destroyed, Cable even says it himself. The energy that was vaporizing everything was from the both of them, not just SS.

dude189
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Both SS and Cable were busy reconstructing everything that they destroyed, Cable even says it himself. The energy that was vaporizing everything was from the both of them, not just SS.

Yup, they were both reconstructing the damage as they went along, Im just saying that unlike the surfer, cable cant keep up with that level of power output, and it was burning him out. Cable mentions this in the fight iteself.

TheKahn
Yea, Cables durability is his problem in general, he is only a human mutant, whereas silver surfer is a cosmic being, and in the end is why he lost the fight, if you want to call it that.

surfer was disintegrating everything in the area at the atomic level with the force he was throwing at cable. Cable not only took it, but rebuilt the damage, while trying to talk surfer into backing down. Its this expenditure of power that wore out Cable. At that point Cable had been spreading the use of his powers on a global level for weeks if not months. This in of itself was wearing him out, and his time was nearing its end when surfer faced him.

First if you actually take the time to read what is said during the fight you would see that Cable says that "WE can't keep repairing the damage" from the fight meaning that he wasn't doing it by himself. And while I won't speculate if a fully rested Cable could do any better against the Surfer, I haven't seen any feats that would convince me of that.

Regardless of how the surfer won, i will agree with your first statement. It wasn't possible for cable to win that fight. not due to cables lack of power or ability, but what he was trying to accomplish. He was trying to bring peace and enlightenment to the people of earth. The only way he could have stopped surfer is if he 1, killed him, or 2, screwed with his mind. The moral situation he placed himself in wouldn't allow him to do either of these things.

Cable had a plan he wanted to carry out and the Surfer stopped him. It's as simply as that all fan speculation aside. By the way, if Cable thought he was going to literally save the world I highly doubt he'd allow an alien to stop him. The idea that Cable was able to either kill to mentally attack the Surfer is pure speculation on your part and clearly shows a lack of knowledge about SS. The Surfer has, among other things, gone through a black hole, taken Blackbolt's scream, flown though the heart of a star, and has gone h2h with a being who had not only Gladiator's powers but also the Uni-power.

As for cable not having time to concentrate on a mental attack, he had time to link their minds, which is more then enough. His power level has been shown to selectively alter memories from an entire city in an instant. If this was a simply all out battle to the death, there is nothing surfer can do to stop cable from mind wiping him or simply destroying him with a tk slam as he did to his board.

Id be curious if his tk would work past the surfers skin, on say his internal organs, as cable has used it to simply stop peoples hearts before to flat out kill them.

The Surfer has taken a psi blast from Moondragon while she had the mind gem. Show some feats proving that Cable can come anywhere near that before you claim he can affect the Surfer.

ExtraMision5555
Most of what i believe cable could to do SS wouldent be enough before he was inevitabely (sp?) crushed by SS

SS definately takes this

Rols
Cable would stand a chance against SS, He has taken more powerfull Psi's on a cosmic level and withstood them. Cable couldnt probably survive in space let alone fighting SS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.