Strange, Reed, X, Black Bolt, & Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quick Freeze
i just read and in the beginning Iron Man meets with all of them as if they were some kind of club or something.

i understand it's pretty much the leader of every major division in the mainstream marvel universe (except captain america) so are the like some kind of board of directors or something? what's going on????

Blair Wind
all I know is from this pic, they are the Illuminati

http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JF27art/Illuminati-Special.jpg

Lucid Lui
They're being retconned in as a secret group who's behind alot of the major decisions etc. that have happened since the Kree/Skrull war.

IIRC

Blair Wind
from this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Civil_War

Im guessing from this cover and that link that Namor disagrees with Ironman and Reed. The others are still in the air...

DarkCrawler
They also are responsible of sending The Hulk into space.

Cosmic Flame
I wonder when a woman will join their ranks. Almost forty years of Marvel, and still no front-line female character....

Spawnrules
spider woman

Spawnrules
namor looks so damn cool

Quick Freeze
i feel like it should be captain america instead of iron man
does anyone else feel that way?

Spawnrules
no

The Ion
Originally posted by Spawnrules
spider woman
Are you kidding? It doesn't get more D-List than Spider-Woman.

Spawnrules
im kidding

The Ion
Thank You.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
does anyone else feel that way? I doubt Cap would stand for some of the decisions they've made, whatever they might be.

K Von Doom
a bit hard to believe that reed and namor would be in the same group because of their history

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by K Von Doom
a bit hard to believe that reed and namor would be in the same group because of their history They still respect each other. They are not dearest friends, but not enemies either. Namor often goes to Reed to ask for advice on science stuff, and he was saddened when Reed was thought dead.

I mean, Hulk and Namor are on same group too...

King_Mungi
They were shown to be a group in Contest of Champions 1, I can't take this group serious. They are suppose to prevent all these major things from happening, yet it always happens.

Scoobless
does anyone else feel that way?

No. Iron Man pretty much created the Avengers and he's been the one to keep them going since the start.... he's the one with the knowledge and resources to be the most beneficial to this new group

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by King_Mungi
They were shown to be a group in Contest of Champions 1, I can't take this group serious. They are suppose to prevent all these major things from happening, yet it always happens.

You better take them seriously, or they send Alpha Flight into space!

Maestro
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
They also are responsible of sending The Hulk into space.

Why?

DarkCrawler
He was causing too much havoc?

Arahan
I have the feeling that the Hulk will come back with new powers. May be super speed, flight and gamma vision big grin

King_Mungi
You better take them seriously, or they send Alpha Flight into space!

embarrasment yes ma'am.

DarkCrawler
Ma'am?

King_Mungi
Ma'am?

Sorry....miss? big grin

DarkCrawler
miffed

The Illuminati have rockets to spare...

King_Mungi
miffed

The Illuminati have rockets to spare...

Sorry sir embarrasment ...I was ignorant

You seem so testy..must be that time of m....oh nevermind

K Von Doom

Cap would contribute very little to the group. They're a group of leaders already, they don't need another who just contributes leadership. Plus, everyone in the group is rich.

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by Scoobless
No. Iron Man pretty much created the Avengers and he's been the one to keep them going since the start.... he's the one with the knowledge and resources to be the most beneficial to this new group

you are right, scoob, iron man is the best avenger to be in the club.
as far as an illumati goes i'd say this is the perfect cast for it. i think its kinda cool that the MU earth has been run by these guys and i actually think it makes for a better civil war story because since theyve been doing this for so long itll be more dramatic when they split.

and im sure there's gonna be a buttload of "illumimati: the lost years" serieses or stuff like it coming out that i could enjoy reading.

i hereby revoke my complaint of the illuminati

DarkCrawler
I can't imagine Cap being a part of secret society. smile

Scoobless
I can't imagine Cap being a part of secret society. smile

shifty

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by Scoobless
shifty

Holy crap the nostalgia of this thread. Did Scoobless know Cap was gonna end up in that Hydra story back in 2006???

leonidas
scoob knows all....

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by leonidas
scoob knows all....

for real though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.