Who Else Is Really Annoyed With Marvel!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quick Freeze
secret groups??? forgotten heroes???
just because i dont feel like reading every new avengers or any house of m means that i wont be able to follow anything else that comes out this year?

MAKING THINGS CONFUSING DOESNT MAKE THEM BETTER!!!!!!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

King_Mungi
Bendis sucks, nuff said.

Lucid Lui
Doesn't really annoy me.

>.>
<.<

I have a secret way to get the ones i can't afford. wink

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Lucid Lui

I have a secret way to get the ones i can't afford. wink

I KNEW it! YOU ARE A WITCH!

Blair Wind
coughwhatsthefreakinsecretcough......

Lucid Lui
Well... you get a friend to go inside, grab the comics you want. Then you run in naked with a fish bowl on your head screaming "A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME!!!" while doing your best not to be caught. Your friend, sneaks out in all the commotion.

Works every time. There's no problem that can't be fixed by getting naked.

Quick Freeze
i dont mind the new powers and costumes and changes to other heroes, i dont even mind the rewriting history and continuity killers, but i cant sit down and fully enjoy anything else marvel puts out because everything has to be tied into all this stupid confusion!

NoFate007
So apparently both DC and Marvel are pissing off tons of fans by having the crisis/house of m?

Idk...I don't read the comics, and I certainly don't buy them...but I think I would be happy that both have an ongoing story that makes a dent in the continuity instead of just having 40 years of "villain does something, gets beaten, see ya next week", you know?

Unless of course the results change everything for the worse from then on...

ScarletSpider
So go out and buy some good series, like Moon Knight when that comes out, Slott's The Thing and She-Hulk and anything by Brubaker.

Anyways, the general gist of House of M is, Wanda rewrote history because Pietro made her. Then she put it back to normal, but with only a couple hundred mutants, the rest having been depowered. Only a few people remember what happened in HoM, those that do are usually a bit pissed off. With all the mutant de-powering, new groups of piloted Sentinels are being set up to protect mutants. New Avengers suck. Check out the T-Bolts for some good team action.

King_Mungi
I'll be getting New Avengers #16 that comes out next month, and this will way heavly on how I think of Marvel.

Quick Freeze
i think that true talent lies in being able to right new fresh epics without having to rewrite everything else. if you have to change everything else so it all fits in with the new story, then it's a sloppy job. they had their chance to start over with the ultimate universe. theyve made alternate dimensions all the time to explore their abstract creativity. but when it comes to the mainstream universe thats when you get the great writers to do great things like a civil war between liberal and conservative super heroes WITHOUT changing reality as we know it.

Black Adam
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Bendis sucks, nuff said.
well he's DD is good. His Ult Spidey was alright for a while until i got bored with it.

But either then that yeah I really haven't liked anything else he has written

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
So go out and buy some good series, like Moon Knight when that comes out, Slott's The Thing and She-Hulk and anything by Brubaker.

Anyways, the general gist of House of M is, Wanda rewrote history because Pietro made her. Then she put it back to normal, but with only a couple hundred mutants, the rest having been depowered. Only a few people remember what happened in HoM, those that do are usually a bit pissed off. With all the mutant de-powering, new groups of piloted Sentinels are being set up to protect mutants. New Avengers suck. Check out the T-Bolts for some good team action.

thanks
so the result of house of m is that nothing changed except a whole bunch of mutants got depowered and thats it?
and so im assuming astonishing x-men is just about the mutants that werent depowered.
thanks again, i also want to be following new avengers but without supporting them! god im so easily manipulated by this crap!

Lucid Lui
New Avengers gets a badder rap than it deserves IMO. It's actually a good read. Not the best, but good enough.

Alot of people don't like it because ity's not how they feel the Avengers should be written.

And then of course there's also the people who whine about whatever it's cool to whine about at the time. Which is Bendis atm.

Quick Freeze
New Avengers gets a badder rap than it deserves IMO. It's actually a good read. Not the best, but good enough.

Alot of people don't like it because ity's not how they feel the Avengers should be written.

And then of course there's also the people who whine about whatever it's cool to whine about at the time. Which is Bendis atm.

im neither case i promise
i just tend to get enraged when im confused

DigiMark007
My local Barnes & Noble bookstore gets everything...just a couple months after they come out. So I won't be reading HoM for another month or two. But eventually I get to read everything (I can stay and read for free) but I buy stuff often enough that I don't feel guilty.

But yeah, without that it would suck hardcore....as it is I'm annoyed with Marvel because 616 Spider-Man has about 3-4 different series' going on and just having a subscription to ASM isn't enough to keep up with everyhting. Kinda frustrating.

King_Mungi
I assure you I'm not joining the Bendis-hate bandwagon, I just don't like him as writer. Powers and DD are good, but House of M was overhyped and really wasn't worth the hype. It took till issue #5 till the story started moving.

xmarksthespot
I'll be getting New Avengers #16 that comes out next month, and this will way heavly on how I think of Marvel. Heh.. poor Alpha Flight...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Heh.. poor Alpha Flight...

sad ....maybe it will just be a name change

xmarksthespot
Maybe... shifty

King KAM
Go download dc++ and get all the free comics you want.

Next Venom_girl
Bendis sucks, nuff said.
yes

The Ion
There is no Bendis hate wagon. He's one of the most popular and best selling writers in the industry right now. I certainly don't like his work with the exception of HOM but I'm in the minority.

Knightfall93
All House of M is in graphic novels now but theres like 20 different bits... can anyone tell me what mutants got depowered? I heard Magneto...

DarkCrawler
EVERYONE except these mutants got depowered:
http://www.buzzscope.com/pcs/forums/gallery.php?g2_view=core%3ADownloadItem&g2_itemId=11603& amp;%20%20g2_GALLERYSID=8602fb6d828e917777abb79ab7
%3Cbr%2%3Cbr%20/%3E0/%3Eba4e46

Sparkz
i like the storys bendes writes, what i dnt like is how he changes the characters so much, the best read from him iv read recently is "the pulse, Thin Air" all though thats prob pretty old now in the US. But I have enjoyed some of his New Avengers storys...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
http://www.buzzscope.com/pcs/forums/gallery.php?g2_view=core%3ADownloadItem&g2_itemId=11603& amp;%20%20g2_GALLERYSID=8602fb6d828e917777abb79ab7
%3Cbr%2%3Cbr%20/%3E0/%3Eba4e46 There are a few others... Mystique, one of Beaks uggs kids... etc.

ScarletSpider
Yeah. The 198 files only contained something like 132 profiles. There are more they can't tell us yet.

Andreas Strucker is still a mutant, although his sister is dead. Check out New Thunderbolts for info on him. It's pretty disturbing.

His sister was killed, and for their blast powers to work, they needed to make skin contact. He flayed her skin and tanned it into leather, so now he's in constant contact with it. Creepy gross.

Black Adam
Originally posted by ScarletSpider

His sister was killed, and for their blast powers to work, they needed to make skin contact. He flayed her skin and tanned it into leather, so now he's in constant contact with it. Creepy gross.

sick Thats just disgusting...........

but strangely erotic.

H. S. 6

Well said. thumb up

It's extremely annoying when people decide to complain and b*tch about whatever everybody else is complaining and b*tching about. erm

Xirius
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
%3Cbr%2%3Cbr%20/%3E0/%3Eba4e46
Sweet, the GLA survives!!

ATMA Weapon
I've taken all i can stands, I can't stands no more.

Some please explain or post some scans showing how Squirrel Girl beat Thanos. I obviously don't/can't understand the awesomeness that is Squirrel Girl. How does being able to control how much squirrelly doom you rain upon your enemies allow you to keep your powers with big boys?

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Well said. thumb up

It's extremely annoying when people decide to complain and b*tch about whatever everybody else is complaining and b*tching about. erm

It's also extremely annoying when people dismiss valid complaints for the sake of just being what they think is nonconformist wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.