Greatest Era of force users?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sacul
When do you think was the greatest era of force users? I think it was the new sith wars, because of the centuries of fighting that lead to strong force-users.

Dark Aristokrat
I think we would need more evidence of their force powers, but I would think that it's certainly a contender. However, with what we know, I'd say the days of the Ancient Sith Empire.

General Zink
t3h NJ0! L0lz!!!!11

calvin44
Originally posted by General Zink
t3h NJ0! L0lz!!!!11
Luke makes up the majority. Are you overlord?

Darth Jello
the movie era, i mean Sidious, Anakin, and Yoda were the most powerful force users ever.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Jello
the movie era, i mean Sidious, Anakin, and Yoda were the most powerful force users ever.

Unsupported Bias fanboy talk.

For as far as we know, it would be the ancient Sith Lords they seem to be the most powerful from the evidence we have.

Darth Jello
Gee, plagiues and Sidious managed to cloud the force perception of an entire galaxy single handedly and anakin was the chosen one/Sith'ari. Isn't that evidence enough?

Fishy
No, because it means jack shit...

We don't know if Anakin is the first or the only chosen one, if he's the only chosen one then obviously the prophecy is bullshit, seeing as some Sith (Palpatine) returned and Anakin didn't kill the returned Sith.

What Plagius did is also unsupported talk and you have no proof, Sidious clouding the force? Your point being? Nihilus ate the force, does that not make him more powerful?

Dark Aristokrat
Gee, plagiues and Sidious managed to cloud the force perception of an entire galaxy single handedly and anakin was the chosen one/Sith'ari. Isn't that evidence enough?

lol

WTF?

They did not "cloud the force perception of the entire galaxy single handedly". That's hyperbole. And "anikin being teh chusen one!!!!111" doesn't mean that era has the strongest force users. If I bring the Launcelot into the current day and age, does the year 2006 suddenly become the strongest age for sword users? No. And hell, Anakin wasn't even that strong.

Lightsnake
IT's Chosen ONE, prophecized for thousands upon thousands of years. Nihilius never managed to cloud the perceptions of an entire order using Quey'Tek.

And the Sith Order died with Palpatine, and one could argue Anakin fills the balance by default due to the events in DE and the aftermath.

The Ancient Empire has really nothing supporting it minus some crazy technology and hyperbolic statements that can easily be reproduced later on.

Lightsnake
And yeah, not like Anakin managed to kill numerous powerful Jedi...

And Sidious did cloud the minds of the Jedi. Sith technique: Quey'Tek, used to cloud minds. The Ancient Sith being 'gods' isn't hyperbole? Why is even the vaguest statement about them gospel while numerous quotes of the current order's power (Yoda, Palpatine) automatically dismissed as hyperbole?: Sourcebooks? an't use those. Official comments? Fanboys. Saying in no uncertain terms that Palpatine even BEFORE his full power unleashed was strong enough to be felt over the universe in his duel with Luke-descibed as 'twin divinities? Doesn't count.

Dark Aristokrat
1- Show me where the Chosen One was prophecized for thousands upon thousands of years. Use real sources, not RPG sourcebooks.

2- Relate how Anakin being the Chosen One affects the era he lived in.

3- Prove to me that there was only one Chosen One throughout the entire SW Eu continuity.

4- Explain to me why no one could track Nihilus, and why he just snuck up on a whole planet of Jedi and Force users.

And this relates to what exactly?

No, they haven't been reproduced. And you argue that Sidious, using their knowledge (All of it) was a force god, but apparently they are weak with their own knowledge? Hypocrite much?

This relates to what now? Not the topic, for sure.

Which Dooku knew and which Asajj used. Is she stronger than the ancient Sith too?

The grandiose statements of Yoda, Mace, and Sidious are disproven by in-movie events. Ergo, they are NOT ubergods, because they are ultimately very mortal and fallible. The ancient Sith spawned the knowledge of the dark side; the very knowledge that you claim makes Sidious godly. You claim that Sidious using the quote "greatest weapon of the ancient Sith" is the most uber thing in the galaxy. Do you not see the irony in your own statements? Apparently the people who made the artifacts and the knowledge and the holocrons and who lived for over a hundred years apiece were weaker than someone put on his ass by Mace Windu. WTF.

Sourcebooks aren't part of the EU continuity; they're sources for a game based on the Eu continuity. A game made to operate outside of the continuity, hence why its a freeform tabeltop RPG.

Official comments? Like NG knows shit about EU? He didn't even know what Vaapad was! Lucas HIMSELF admits severe ignorance to the workings of EU! Ergo, they don't know enough to make a judgment call for the EU universe!

And all your statements about Sidious' grand uber powers are A ) much older than TOTJ and newer pieces of EU that reinforce it (Such as KOTOR), B ) unsubstantiated, (apparently Luke needs to absorb the quote: "entirety of the Force" to defeat Sidious with his sister and an unborn child who apparently got much weaker after birth, and that Sidious lost to Luke "I have no saber training" Skywalker isn't a testamont to his weakness...) and C ) often exaggerated, unexpanded upon, or flat out lies.

IKC
Pwnt!

Quod erat demonstrandum!

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Fishy
No, because it means jack shit...

We don't know if Anakin is the first or the only chosen one, if he's the only chosen one then obviously the prophecy is bullshit, seeing as some Sith (Palpatine) returned and Anakin didn't kill the returned Sith.

What Plagius did is also unsupported talk and you have no proof, Sidious clouding the force? Your point being? Nihilus ate the force, does that not make him more powerful?

the sith returned (if you count kip, lumiya, and the other dude), but you've got to look at both prophecies-

The Chosen One-a child born of the force will bring back balance
Sith'ari-a child born of the force will both destroy the sith and through their destruction, make them stronger than ever

Dark Aristokrat

Illustrious
the sith returned (if you count kip, lumiya, and the other dude), but you've got to look at both prophecies-

Sith'ari-a child born of the force will both destroy the sith and through their destruction, make them stronger than ever

And this reflects to the PT era being the strongest... how?

Dark Aristokrat
Well, unrelated event A goes with unrelated event B which, compounded with serious delusion, bias, and lack of logic, culminates in reason X for question Y.

It's simple, really.

calvin44

Put this post in one of the "Is Anikan the Chosen One?" threads.

Lightsnake
1. The Sith'Ari? Chronology?

2. LEsse, one Chosen One through thousans of years...it's Chosen ONE. Grammatically, that's it.

3. Proof Nihilius just 'snuck up'...and it could be he was a wound in the force.

4. You just classify anything you don't like as hyperbole or argue against it when it's written in black and white, you seem to think you can decide what does and does not fit in the community except when it helps your argument. Got news for you: You're alone in that sourcebooks argument. Just try that at TFN, the link's right here:
http://boards.theforce.net/Board.aspx?brd=10003

In fact, I'll go one further: http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/23018968/p1/?54

No, let's IGNORE how Palpatine is described as godlike, let's ignore how he's described as an avatar of darkness, let's ignore how his final battle was felt over the universe, let's ignore how he was so powerful, his existence unbalanced the force and he came close to shedding lose his mortal form and rule over the galaxy as an all powerful will. Let's ignore how he knew all existing techniques and invented new ones at his leisure, let's ignore how he mastered every aspect of the force and took the knowledge of numerous worlds, Sith AND otherwise. Let's ignore all that and latch onto a flimsy, unsupported quote from the comic, when KJA also calls Admiral Daala one of the greatest threats to the NR with four star destroyers and the massive incompetent. Go to TFN, post in that topic and see how far it gets you.

5. Asajj and Dooku used Quey-Tek to hide from an entire galaxy? Sidious taught it to Dooku who taught Asajj.

6. Spawned the knowledge of the dark Side? I suppose we're ignoring the Legions of Lettow and Jedi of Corbos...what in movie events disprove anything? Black and white quotes state their power, negating your opinion. There's nothing disproving ANYTHING about Yoda and Mace and Sidious...in fact, everything backs them up. And it's STILL being argued about that Sidious vs. Mace fight...Pablo hidalgo himself said it was inconclusive

7. Nick's official, are you? And please, Luke was demolishing AT ATs and the galaxy's best black ops teams along with skilled dark Jedi with his saber already and was described as a 'twin divinity'. DE may be old, but NOTHING has negated it and nothing has misproved it. Sourcebook story info counts, and there was a thread on that at TFN, game stats themselves are gameplay, thus invalid. Story info goes. What does TOTJ contradict? Unless it ever says "So and so is the strongest Sith ever and Palpatine couldn't use Force storms' it DOENS'T. In fact, the new items backing up Palp and those quotes I keep using are relatively new stuff. Once again:

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/23018968/p1/?54

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.