Most Predictable Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
What is the most predictable film you have seen, where the parts of the puzzle are so obvious you could work it out in the first 5 minutes..

or what is the fastest you have sussed a movie out?

Recently SAW 2 was very predictable, I worked it out after about 10 minutes.

Myth
Secret Window. Figured out the twist during the trailer.

DeVi| D0do
The Machinist was pretty damn obvious after reading 'Fight Club meets Memento' on the poster...

I figured Secret Window out within the first ten or so minutes.

I went back and forth on who I thought it was in Saw... turned out my first guess was right.

Million Dollar Baby was incredibly generic... you could see where that's going right from the beginning.

There are tonnes... Pretty much every mindless action film can be figured out without too much brain power...

I kind of figured Anakin would end up going to the dark side in Revenge of the Sith... Call it a hunch...

Nevermind
I thought The Machinist was fairly predictable I was able to figure it out in 15 minutes or so. Still a good movie though.

BackFire
I guessed the Hide and Seek ending before seeing the movie, just from watching a trailer.

Gladiator was also incredibly simple and generic. Blatant ripoff of the premise of Sparticus.

papabeard
Yeah, Hide and Seek, The Machinist, Secret Window were all very obvious.

So was The I Inside and Mindhunters.

papabeard
Many films also tell you on the poster or cover that there is a twist ending laughing

DarkWizard
All of the above.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

Million Dollar Baby was incredibly generic... you could see where that's going right from the beginning.

I hardly think so, atleast not in detail.

Originally posted by papabeard

So was The I Inside and Mindhunters.

"Mindhunters"? How so? There was nothing to tip you off there...?

There's plenty of predictible movies, some intentional, some that aren't out to surprise you, so, too many to name.

T.M
Originally posted by BackFire
I guessed the Hide and Seek ending before seeing the movie, just from watching a trailer.

I was going to say Hide And Seek. I turned it off after about 10 minutes because it is so obvious what was going to happen.

MildPossession
I got it before seeing the film also, but still an excellent film.

MildPossession
Forgot, the film H, I figured out what was going to happen easily.

Wolfie
Hide and Seek was very obvious, even if you didn't see the trailer, you'd know what was coming a half hour into the movie (at least).

Secret Window, I predicted the ending as a joke and wounded up being right.

Ladyluck
Hide and Seek and Elektra.

Deathblow
Let's see, Volcano, Armaggedon, Deep Impact, The Day After Tomorrow, The Core...

And every disaster movie ever made. Synopsis of every disater movie ever made: something big and nasty happens in space/underground/the sky, entire city/planet in peril, only a limited period of time to save entire city/planet, at least one (usually more) of the biggest names in the cast dies horribly in the process. Ending: city/planet saved. Movie ends, everyone cheers. OR, city/planet ravaged by natural disaster, but due to evacuation/rescue efforts, slightly fewer people are killed than original apocalyptic warnings suggested, and movie ends on message of hope, usually delivered by Morgan Freeman or someone with a similarly important-sounding voice.

papabeard
The Others

Altar[1stONE]
Originally posted by Deathblow
Let's see, Volcano, Armaggedon, Deep Impact, The Day After Tomorrow, The Core...

And every disaster movie ever made. Synopsis of every disater movie ever made: something big and nasty happens in space/underground/the sky, entire city/planet in peril, only a limited period of time to save entire city/planet, at least one (usually more) of the biggest names in the cast dies horribly in the process. Ending: city/planet saved. Movie ends, everyone cheers. OR, city/planet ravaged by natural disaster, but due to evacuation/rescue efforts, slightly fewer people are killed than original apocalyptic warnings suggested, and movie ends on message of hope, usually delivered by Morgan Freeman or someone with a similarly important-sounding voice.

ROFL man you are so right, freaking morgan freeman hes in everything now adays isnt he , always playing the same part.

Fire
Ocean's eleven.

jaden101
almost every horror movie ever made with the exception of invasion of the body snatchers because everyone dies...thats what we need to see more of

Illyria
The Fog, Sixth Sense, the Others, Guess Who, most Rom Coms, and Resident Evil. These are all I can remember for now.

WrathfulDwarf
All the Marvel Comics movies are predictable. There is also King Kong and Unbreakable....and also any film with Uwe Boll directing....only 2 minutes into the film and you can tell is gonna be really crappy.

DeVi| D0do
2 minutes? I could predict a Uwe Boll film will be crap without even seeing it!

WrathfulDwarf
I always believe in giving people a chance. Only 2 minutes is all I give them. wink

SleaterKinney32
Flightplan and Red Eye, anyone?

papabeard
The Missing

DeVi| D0do
Don't Say A Word.

papabeard
The Forgotten

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.