SHAZAM vs THOR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
discuss.

Azeld
Thor goes down hard unless your talking about Captain Marvel.

leonidas
wizard? takes thor, i think he's prolly 'round skyfather.

captain marvel? very close, slightest edge to thor imo.

Azeld
Originally posted by leonidas
wizard? takes thor, i think he's prolly 'round skyfather.

captain marvel? very close, slightest edge to thor imo.

Id give CM the edge over Thor by a bit unless he uses his hammers abilities. CM is basically Superman without magic or Kryptonite weakness.

leonidas
why wouldn't thor use his hammer? huh

Azeld
Originally posted by leonidas
why wouldn't thor use his hammer? huh

Using it and using its abilities are two different things. When he fights guys like the Hulk he usually just brawls with it instead of using all its nifty powers.

Draco69
Thor in a curbstomp. Why? Captain Marvel is vulnerable to certain amounts of electricity. If the said charge is powerful enough (ex. streetlamp) than CM will be zapped back to his mortal form. A recent example of this is the 5 issue of the OMAC Project. The OMACS zap Lady Marvel with electricity and POOF, she's back to her normal self.

Thor has hammer that can sprout electricity...

roughrider
If this is the wizard, Shazam has edge - around Skyfather level.

If this is Captain Marvel, overall edge to Thor.

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Draco69
Thor in a curbstomp. Why? Captain Marvel is vulnerable to certain amounts of electricity. If the said charge is powerful enough (ex. streetlamp) than CM will be zapped back to his mortal form. A recent example of this is the 5 issue of the OMAC Project. The OMACS zap Lady Marvel with electricity and POOF, she's back to her normal self.

Thor would win. It's been done, and yes thor did use his electricity thing to do it. BUT...that OMAC thing was bullshit. The lightning is magic. No way a human-robot-whatever can summon magic lighting. The writer had a brain fart on that one. Thor's hammer is magic and we can assume that the lightning that comes out of it is magical is some manner.

Superherovandal
only Shazams lightning and batman's kick can transform him to normal

The Ion
The OMAC thing was ridiculous which is to be expected since that entire mini was filled with stupid crap.

leonidas

he was changed by regular lightning?? blink

wtf? on the cover of his new mini first thunder he's being hit by lightning. and thor didn't use his own lightning to change marvel, he used marvel's own lightning against him.

i'm calling bullsh!t/pis on the omac thing (and i've never even read it), and i'm highly doubtful whether thor could force him to change. even in the recent day of vengeance ic issue batson was shocked when spectre uttered shazam and changed him back. he also said he was the only one with the power to do that -- except for the spectre i suppose!

cm's STRENGTH is his ability to resist magic and magical attacks (see first thunder again -- even supes is amazed at his ability), which is why i think this is so close. i'd still say the slightest edge to thor just because of overall versatility and his warrior mentality, but this would be an awesome all out fight.

Sixth_Winged
Is first thunder canon?

Draco69
Originally posted by The Ion
The OMAC thing was ridiculous which is to be expected since that entire mini was filled with stupid crap.

Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Thor would win. It's been done, and yes thor did use his electricity thing to do it. BUT...that OMAC thing was bullshit. The lightning is magic. No way a human-robot-whatever can summon magic lighting. The writer had a brain fart on that one. Thor's hammer is magic and we can assume that the lightning that comes out of it is magical is some manner.

I ALSO thought the OMAC thing was crap. However I recently read up on Captain Marvel in his own comics that were produced awhile back then. Yes, large amounts of electricity (no it does NOT have to magical) can shunt Cap. Marvel and his family to their mortal form. Cap. Marvel was transformed by Captain Nazi into his mortal form by a streetlight gone bad.

Makes sense in way. Every DC character has annoying weakness one way or another.

King_Mungi
Did everyone forget the other variations of OMAC's had religious and magical objects in them? Such as the bones from an angel in the Priest OMAC. For all we know these new variations could have some magic ties as well.

Draco69
We probably didn't know. God knows, the Crisis is so damn complicated....

King_Mungi
We probably didn't know. God knows, the Crisis is so damn complicated....

Yep, but that's what makes it good smile. I wonder if we will see the Preist OMAC again.

Anyways the other variations of OMAC's and their magical properties are discussed breifly in Superman #214:

Orr-"As per one of your requests, the voodoo enhancements have been increased."
Mystery Man-"It's not voodoo Mr.Orr"
Orr-"Right. Where vee-three had--this is really hard for me to say--the skeltal wings of a fallen angel embedded in its forearms...where'd you get that anyway?
Mystery Man-"Please continue Mr.Orr"
Orr-"Vee-four has even more chruch bells and whistles. and a cricket.

The Ion
Aren't the OMAC's being used a much different design than what Orr came up with?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by The Ion
Aren't the OMAC's being used a much different design than what Orr came up with?

Yep, versions 1-4 were all different designs. At this time they were trying to find the perfect version, and they eventually canned vee-four model. However, for all we know they could have similar blueprints and framework.

leonidas
I ALSO thought the OMAC thing was crap. However I recently read up on Captain Marvel in his own comics that were produced awhile back then. Yes, large amounts of electricity (no it does NOT have to magical) can shunt Cap. Marvel and his family to their mortal form. Cap. Marvel was transformed by Captain Nazi into his mortal form by a streetlight gone bad.

Makes sense in way. Every DC character has annoying weakness one way or another.

really? well . . . that just sucks arse . . .

so electro>>>>>>>>than captain marvel??? confused

S. T. U. P. I. D.

Superherovandal
well I think since First Thunder is pretty recent and CM was hit by lightning with no harm he has no such weakness.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Superherovandal
well I think since First Thunder is pretty recent and CM was hit by lightning with no harm he has no such weakness.

It's Superman and CM first meeting, so it's set in the past. Good read.

Draco69
Originally posted by Superherovandal

It's a cover. Not exactly canonical. And the comic itself is another damn retcon....

zeel
transforming captian marvel back to billy is called.

running from a fight.

captian marvel vs thor with no hammer = thor is in deep doodoo

with the hammer........ cap will have a hard time even if he dont transform him back due to the fact that thor is almost not on par but almost on par with cap as far as strength goes but he has to many magical abilities wepons and spells.

if its a fist fight then thor is toast but with all their resources being utilized id say thor..

black adam would stand a much better chance against thor then cap does.

Black adam is so mean hed prolly just walk up to thor and rip his nuts off =(

The Illuminati
I don't think that BA's hands are big enough.

zeel

your right and its the dumbest thing i have ever heard of.

Only HIGH tier sky father and extremly powerful and i mean extremely powerful magicans should be able to produce the proper lightning to shunt him.

Oh well anothe bad mistake by the dc boyz doh..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.