Christensen Nominated!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeVi| D0do

Ast
No, he was passable in Sith, if anything Natalie should be nominated.

General G

General G

General G
my bad, double post

McCusto
That is very gay roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thorin
laughing

Captain REX
Heh! How sad.

Stun
ok, i've had enough of this sh!t

im out for good!....

sithsaber408
But then who would fight them?

I will....starwars

FOR THE PT!!!- stick out tongue

Stun
i just HATE all this negative sh!t thats been flying around this forum from day f**kin' 1

what can i say? i'm out!

Stun
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Finally a category truly worthy of an award...

Sad to see there are no nominations in any other categories for this film... sad

i'm sorry? what happened to you being a fan Dodo? why in god's name are you still here!?

lame thread btwyes

DeVi| D0do
Thanks, I thought this forum was about due for another one...

Can I not be a fan and still not like aspects of the film/s?

I'm sure these forums were not created for the sole purpose of discussing only the positive aspects of the movies...

Hayden's performance in this film was not good, though better than Episode II... and I agree Natalie's performance was a great deal worse. I just thought this was one of the worst performances I'd seen last year. So I posted it here expecting some people could actually find humour in these awards (which is the reason they exist). I didn't mean to offend anyone, and if I did... well, I guess that's just an added bonus.

Sad to hear you're leaving, Stun. Have fun.

sithsaber408
I thought as much.

This thread was supposed to be satirical, by the way... ya know, satirising the whole pointless thread thing goin on, and the people who want the OT remade. Don't take it seriously.

Of course I don't actually think they should remake the PT (though that would be better than remaking the OT!). These are George's films, and he's made them exactly the way he wanted to even though he's taken a lot of shit for some of his decisions. And for that, I applaud him.

(AN OLD POST OF DD'S)

A mighty strange one for such a PT hater as yourself.

I'll gladly take your PT dvd's off your hands.(You do own them, right.... of course you do....)

Don't be a dick to Stun either... just because he doesn't like your posts.

(Be a dick to me if you want... I could care less)

I 've got a baby sister that's older than you kid, your no skin off my nose.

DeVi| D0do
I'm not intentionally being a dick to anyone. Least of all, Stun. I liked him. I don't quite know what I've done to get on his bad side, other than share my honest opinions, but whatever.

Why is that post so strange to you? For the last freakin time: I'm not a PT hater! That post should prove that! I do like these films. I just don't worship them like some people do. My god, you're starting to sound like Preysin... Just because I don't like a particular aspect of a film doesn't mean I don't like the film.

I knew I'd regret coming back to this place...

Sith Master X
I don't know what they found wrong with HC in ROTS. In my opinion he did an excellent job. Natalie was the one that dissapointed me, even though it didn't bother me much, just compared to how she did in the first two you know?

Stun
your not on my bad side Dodostick out tongue

DeVi| D0do
Good to know. big grin

Stun
04'ers need to stick together - aint that right?stick out tongue

Captain REX
2001'ers stand alone. no expression

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Stun
04'ers need to stick together - aint that right?stick out tongue

Agreed.

My bad Dodo. I like the PT, but still see the flaws in it.

Guess I just got bored and was lookin for some fun.

No hard feelings Junior? stick out tongue

Originally posted by Captain REX

Too true. You sir, are a god among men. Be my friend Junior? big grin

Stun
01' is old skooool!stick out tongue but seriously lol, there is only a handful of you 01'ers right?no expression

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Captain REX

is that kinda like that verse from The Farmer in the Dell?

The cheese stands alone, hi-ho the dairy oh, the cheese stand alone... laughing out loud

BAILY
Worst Supporting Actor in ROTS.. easily SLJ.. his acting was sooo blocky... "a Sith Lord??"... wtf Sam.. you are an idiot... You said yourself the Dark Side surrounds the Chancellor.. and then you say something stupid like that.... and the delivery of his lines... so corny.. cornier than GL could imagine!!

Hayden was awesome... cant complain

Twilight Janick
If you're nominated for awards in either end of the spectrum, then it's a honor either way. That's the way I see it.

Stun
Paris Hilton deserves an award - now compare her to Hayden Christensen lol - atleast Hayden has proved he can carry a scenestick out tongue

kalsemo
Sad to see there are no nominations in any other categories for this film... sad

Stun said it exactly: "Why in god's name are you still here!?"

I absolutely hated the movie "Birth" but you don't see me hanging around on any message boards writing about how much it sucks, etc... I don't get you. You say you are a "fan" yet you make posts such as this one. You are an oxymoron!!!!!!!

ps. (Please don't take this that I think you are a moron, I'm just using that word to describe your love/hate relationship with ROTS..)

kalsemo
Wait a minute... why is he nominated for SUPPORTING actor... he is the MAIN actor in the movie!!!! I don't get it...

DeVi| D0do
Yeah, that is pretty stupid...

I really don't know how to say this so people will understand... I DO NOT HATE STAR WARS. I LOVE Star Wars. More than any other movie series ever. It's what introduced me to great movies. It's the reason I love movies the way I do.

Just because I love something doesn't mean I have to love every aspect of it... doesn't mean I'm not allowed to love something more... doesn't mean I can't hate aspects of it...

I'm still here because I enjoy discussing these films... both the good aspects, and the bad. And, frankly, I enjoy the fuss I cause when I discuss the latter. It's really quite humorous.

Twilight Janick
If they meant to nominate him, at least let it be for the worst masculine lead role.

Cascador
Star Wars is suppose to be a space opera performed in a kinda '30's style. It's performed in a more theatrical way, which most here call cheesy, and I understand...for some of us we recognize the style, for some of you (I think) it's new and it doesn't fit with the acting style like it is now. Cause if you look at Hayden's acting in Star Wars to Life as a House...it's totally different and can't be compared. And actually (and I'm not a Hayden lover) Hayden acted the best of all three (Hayden, Natalie and Ewan) cause the other two didn't feel comfortable in that style (understandable, it's a bit onorthodox) but still the Star Wars saga expresses freedom. Cause George Lucas didn't have to listen to the studio's or the fans. Both George Lucas and Natalie Portman described Hayden to be very profesional and dedicated to the movie, both Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

sexyking

roughrider
It's a pissoff move. I used to enjoy the razzies, but they just make things up for their own enjoyment. The same year Episode I got razzie noms - which I don't agree with of course - it was up against The Blair Witch Project. Huh? I thought critics loved that film. After that, I haven't been serious about them.
Hayden was good in Sith; he delievrs the big scenes as he should. The criticisms of acting in Star Wars go back to the first films, which are supposed to be sacred cows in movie history. People act a certain style for a purpose, the style is in every film, this has been stated SO many times over, I'm sick of it.
I rarely drop in here anymore because of the whining negativity that never stops. You are so disappointed with the prequels, and other Star Wars things? Go somewhere else, find a new hobby.

sithsaber408
big grin

Da preacher
Supporting actor?

queeq
Maybe they referred to the Darth Vader in the suit bit, the 'nooooo'.

Maybe they liked him as Anakin.

stick out tongue

Katie123
I LUV HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN

Stun
Yeah, that is pretty stupid...

I really don't know how to say this so people will understand... I DO NOT HATE STAR WARS. I LOVE Star Wars. More than any other movie series ever. It's what introduced me to great movies. It's the reason I love movies the way I do.

Just because I love something doesn't mean I have to love every aspect of it... doesn't mean I'm not allowed to love something more... doesn't mean I can't hate aspects of it...

I'm still here because I enjoy discussing these films... both the good aspects, and the bad. And, frankly, I enjoy the fuss I cause when I discuss the latter. It's really quite humorous.

well, you cant discuss everything that you feel is good - now where's the sense in that? every discussion needs both good vibes and bad- otherwise the whole "debate system" simply doesnt worksmile

Stun
Originally posted by Katie123
I LUV HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN

what i like about Hayden as an actor is the way he can show all of his inner emotions through his mannerism and his facial expression - but at the same time he has the ability to hide it. I remember that Peter Jackson told Jack Black on the set of King Kong that it's important to show any kind of emotion through the use of your eyes - or something to that extent. I'm not saying that you dont need a good vocal performance, but i think some actors are more comfortable in the role of visual performance - and i think Hayden does a decent job of it.

JaehSkywalker
eek! ReaaaaaaaaLLLLLLLLLLLLy????????????????????????// thats......................... true?!?!?!?!?! hayden's .. cute..........

queeq
But Hayden's vocalism ain't too great in ROTS though. (You underestimate my POW-WURRRRRR)

FistOfThe North
Since around the late 90's when I 1st heard of a PT coming out, till now, I still think what Hayden should get a Raspberry award for, and thats playing Anakin, would've been what Leo DiCaprio would've won an Oscar for...

My opinion.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by queeq
But Hayden's vocalism ain't too great in ROTS though. (You underestimate my POW-WURRRRRR)

He's adapting James Earl Jones speech patterns into his performances.(and a little of Mark Hamill, too). He said so in an interview.

"I am trying." "We don't need his help.", etc....

I'm not championing him, but the Razzie should go to f*cking Ice Cube for XXX2.

Or, if it's really worst Supporting actor, than to Jamie Foxx for Stealth.

What a waste. sick

DeVi| D0do
But Foxx wasn't bad in Stealth... If there was a Razzie for "Worst Career Move" then, yes, definitely.

sithsaber408
But Foxx wasn't bad in Stealth... If there was a Razzie for "Worst Career Move" then, yes, definitely.

Aye, but he was wasted in it. wink

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Aye, but he was wasted in it. wink

Was that a spoiler or are you saying he got high in the film. Please let it be the latter.

sithsaber408
laughing out loud

No, not "killed" wasted, not "stoned" wasted.....

He's a good actor who had a sh*tty little part in a mediocre movie.

They wasted his talent.

DeVi| D0do
'Mediocre' movie? I thinkg you're being far too kind... That movie was absolute sh*t! Almost as bad as Doom.

sithsaber408
'Mediocre' movie? I thinkg you're being far too kind... That movie was absolute sh*t! Almost as bad as Doom.

Yeah, but it had the saving grace of showing Jessica Biel in a bikinni, and making her one of the main hero's.

(My wife hates that b*tch, so it was fun to watch with her.) stick out tongue

Still say the Razzie should go to Ice Cube for the turd XXX2.

HAROLD
I really don't know how to say this so people will understand... I DO NOT HATE STAR WARS. I LOVE Star Wars. More than any other movie series ever. It's what introduced me to great movies. It's the reason I love movies the way I do. Have I died and gone to Heaven?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.