Black Panther vs. Batman (no gadgets, no outside help)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Black Panther

vs.

Batman

(no gadgets, no outside help)

brainchild81
BP

Draco69
No gadgets means no vibranium suit I guess. If it's just a hand-to-hand spar then it can go either way. Batman is certainly more skilled though.

TheKahn
I'd call it a tie. BP is faster and stronger but Batman's martial arts skill should even it up.

Superherovandal
problem is that BP has that herb that enhances his physique to light superhuman levels. maybe a bit above Cap America.

the Darkone
BP is more skilled then batman, BP was trained at a very young age to become the future king. BP fighting skill adapet to other fighting styles, becuase you know more then one fighting styles doesn't mean you are better than the person that knows one. BP has beaten people that have been trained in other fighting styles and they are just as good as batman. BP 7/10

King KAM
Originally posted by the Darkone
BP is more skilled then batman, BP was trained at a very young age to become the future king. BP fighting skill adapet to other fighting styles, becuase you know more then one fighting styles doesn't mean you are better than the person that knows one. BP has beaten people that have been trained in other fighting styles and they are just as good as batman. BP 7/10 And Bp got tossed by captain America in h2h, this is crazy, people Say that Captain America cant take bats, and that batsis more skilled, but t'challa can? my ass, Cap would but the whoopin on them both.

Draco69
becuase you know more then one fighting styles doesn't mean you are better than the person that knows one.

9/10, yes it does. You bias against DC deludes once again.

50/50 for both. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jrodslam
Batman 6/10.

Juntai
Batman wins.

Dizzle
5 each. This is basically identical to Cap vs. Batman, except BP is a bit better physically than Cap (speed) and Cap is a slightly better fighter than BP... I'd give Batman an edge over both though, simply because he has way the heck more variety than both combined. Variety+experience is potent as hell- too much can confuse someone who isn't very battle savvy, but Batman beats up people all the time, and DOES know how to make each style effective. DC martial arts are way crazier than Marvel's, generally. (except Gamora and Karnak and the like, naturally)

King KAM
Originally posted by Dizzle
5 each. This is basically identical to Cap vs. Batman, except BP is a bit better physically than Cap (speed) and Cap is a slightly better fighter than BP... I'd give Batman an edge over both though, simply because he has way the heck more variety than both combined. Variety+experience is potent as hell- too much can confuse someone who isn't very battle savvy, but Batman beats up people all the time, and DOES know how to make each style effective. DC martial arts are way crazier than Marvel's, generally. (except Gamora and Karnak and the like, naturally) Bp isnt faster than the cap.

jrodslam
BP is a bit better physically than Cap (speed)..

Of all physical attributes, are you saying that BP is only better than Cap in terms of speed? How so?

Or are you saying that in ALL attributes(besides fighting), BP is better than Cap?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by King KAM
And Bp got tossed by captain America in h2h, this is crazy, people Say that Captain America cant take bats, and that batsis more skilled, but t'challa can? my ass, Cap would but the whoopin on them both.

BP's got more victories against Cap than Cap does against BP...

BP wins... Various expert lvl fighting styles...Much stronger...Much faster... Batman's lights go out...

BP 7/10

jrodslam
Originally posted by Tony Stark
BP's got more victories against Cap than Cap does against BP...

What comics are these victories in? Books and issue numbers please?

nathan summers
Panther, all the way.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by jrodslam
What comics are these victories in? Books and issue numbers please?

I'll get back to you with that...

nathan summers
Black Panther beat Captain America in Black Panther #1. " Who is the Black Panther. " Right?

brainchild81
Originally posted by Draco69
9/10, yes it does. No. It honestly doesn't. Not all Martial Arts are useful. Watch some UFC on Spike TV.

the Darkone
Exactly, Not all martial arts are helpful because you know so call 147 styles (which is unrealistic and bullsh**) dosen't guarantee a win, when batman fougth azrael, bane, deathstroke I don't think which 147 fighting styles he was going to use and he still lost to them. BP knows one fighting style and that fighting style has evolved over the years and his style works it's the same style that his father used to beat captain america, even captain america stated he respects and fears black panther and he knows that black panther can beat him if he has too.

Black Panther 7/10 Bow down to the King

brainchild81
Good post. Knowing style A, B, C, & D is nothing compared to knowing what works.

jasofisc
one advantage that batman has is that he smarter then black panther. I know that black panther was trained as a child with the best education that money can buy, but batman is the stuff of leagends. He catches stuff even people with superhuman powers don't. what ever setting their battle is in he will be able to use it agenst BP in ways he can't imagen.

the Darkone
Black Panther has genius level intelligence, red skull is smarter than black panther and black panther still kicked his ass better yet broke his f**king jaw literally. Inteilligeance isn't everything, hello bane has normal intelliegence and still kicked batman's ass.

Draco69
Black Panther has genius level intelligence, red skull is smarter than black panther and black panther still kicked his ass better yet broke his f**king jaw literally. Inteilligeance isn't everything, hello bane has normal intelliegence and still kicked batman's ass.

Oh please. Black Panther had the help of Henry Gyrich and Falcon's pet birds. Red Skull was owning him up to that point.

the Darkone
Oh please. Black Panther had the help of Henry Gyrich and Falcon's pet birds. Red Skull was owning him up to that point.

Red Skull is a super soilder and highly intelliegent,the same would've happen to Batman. But what happen at the end? borken f**king jaw literally. That was some nasty shit!

Oh, please batman the greatest martial artiest got his ass broken off by Bane putting batman in a wheel chair, Azeral who has beaten him more than once, Deathstroke putting the pimp hand on him more than once.

Juntai
Red Skull is a super soilder and highly intelliegent,the same would've happen to Batman. But what happen at the end? borken f**king jaw literally. That was some nasty shit!

Oh, please batman the greatest martial artiest got his ass broken off by Bane putting batman in a wheel chair, Azeral who has beaten him more than once, Deathstroke putting the pimp hand on him more than once. Bane did that after Batman fought Hundreds of other enemies first and couldn't even stand straight. He was on his feet fighting them for a week straight. Funny, he's done the same feat numerous times since, and without missing a step, and even beating Banes ass along the way and making him move to a different country. lol. PIS maybe? No Man's Land and Fugitive seem to prove it as such.

Azreal beat Batman once that I know of, and I own most Batman and related books, not all, but most, Batman has defeated him on various occasions though.

Deathstroke and Batman are 1 and 1, but Batman jumped him from behind in that second fight. The first time was their initial meeting, and Batman had no idea what his powers were or what to expect, and wasn't even really trying to take him down to begin with. The forum doesn't offer the same respect as per the "basic knowledge" and "bloodlust" rules.

Batman wins, imo.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Juntai
Bane did that after Batman fought Hundreds of other enemies first and couldn't even stand straight. He was on his feet fighting them for a week straight. Funny, he's done the same feat numerous times since, and without missing a step, and even beating Banes ass along the way and making him move to a different country. lol. PIS maybe? No Man's Land and Fugitive seem to prove it as such.

Azreal beat Batman once that I know of, and I own most Batman and related books, not all, but most, Batman has defeated him on various occasions though.

Deathstroke and Batman are 1 and 1, but Batman jumped him from behind in that second fight. The first time was their initial meeting, and Batman had no idea what his powers were or what to expect, and wasn't even really trying to take him down to begin with. The forum doesn't offer the same respect as per the "basic knowledge" and "bloodlust" rules.

Batman wins, imo.

I'm saying that batman is not unbeatable, if he can lose to these people he can lose to black panther more than not. I fell that BP wins 7/10 imo

Juntai
I'm saying that batman is not unbeatable, if he can lose to these people he can lose to black panther more than not. I fell that BP wins 7/10 imo
Well, it didn't prove your point well as each of those opponents have only 1 win each of any and all conflicts between them and the Batman.

Juntai
Fact is, BP isn't even Marvel's top dog in fighting hand to hand, the site only gives him a 5 for fighting skill, and claims he only knows a handful of Martial arts, all stemming from Africa.
All African Martial arts are within Batman's capabilities.
All worldly martial arts are, for that matter.
He knows every move TChalla's got and the move to beat it.

Bloodlust, and lack of plot to back Tchalla up, and no tech to give him the advantage, Batman drops BP most encounters.

Draco69

Of course you do. You're rub-on for Marvel incapitates any sense of logic to think DC can win in any situation...

erm

It's even. Deal with it.

the Darkone
Of course you do. You're rub-on for Marvel incapitates any sense of logic to think DC can win in any situation...

erm

It's even. Deal with it.

Dude you take this shit to seriously. I have my opinions deal with it big grin

Murda Mase
Why aren't people putting up the argument of Batmans suit on how its better now and can take full on punches from Darksied, plus his glove is lined so it can punch Superman and his hand won't break...well atleast a few times before it does...

Dizzle
Of all physical attributes, are you saying that BP is only better than Cap in terms of speed? How so?

Or are you saying that in ALL attributes(besides fighting), BP is better than Cap?

BP is all but equal to Cap in everything, but has a notable edge in speed. Cap may have a small strength advantage, but it would be even smaller than the one that he has over Batman... Which isn't very big at all.

Again, 5/10 to both.

lifeisaglich
Because they do not have their gadget or their suits for that matter? And it does not matter.

But still I think batman's suite is better because it can take full on punches from Darksied, plus his glove is lined so it can punch Superman and his hand won't break...well atleast a few times before it does. smile

snoopdogg
Without gadgets and suites I say Batman take 6/10. He was trained in all forms of combat. Yea I do watch UFC and Pride so I know that isn't always a guaranteed win but it sure does help.

Tron

erm

It's even. Deal with it.

I agree.

But I'd still put my money on T'Challa.wink

Draco69
Dude you take this shit to seriously. I have my opinions deal with it big grin

Your opinions are unsubstantiated. Usually it contains as thus:

"Yo, yo. Rachel smack his b****ass and light his grill, y'all."

Something like that.... wink

joesha28
Azrael....Deathstroke....hmmm....Batman is more skilled than Azzy in h2h, equal to slade. But these guys beat him in h2h thanks to the enhancement. Which BP is in a way. Bruce is the better fighter but he loses.

joesha28
Batman--Black Panther--Cap

Batman is better than both in h2h...but will lose to them only cos of enhancement.

jrodslam
How are we so sure Bats is better than Cap in h2h?

Cap's been training since the late 30's early 40's. Bruce wasnt even born yet. Cap has a 20 year training advantage over Bats.

Either way i do think he beats BP though.

joesha28
Trained with the enhancement...Bruce trained to the level which he is now. Big diff.

jrodslam
Trained with the enhancement yea, but that also means that Cap is training longer due to not getting tired AND training 20+ years before Bats.

Draco69

Cap's been training since the late 30's early 40's. Bruce wasnt even born yet. Cap has a 20 year training advantage over Bats.

No, he hasn't. He only had a few months of training. He wasn't even a worthy army recruit. The scientists recruited him for the Super-Serum DURING WWII and Steve became a super-soldier. Steve couldn't train BEFORE the serum because he was pathetically weak. He only learned the essentials like gymnastics and judo boxing. He than got into the war. He got frozen. 50 some years later....

How can Steve have a twenty-year training advantage when he was FROZEN for the amount of time?

jrodslam
No, he hasn't. He only had a few months of training. He wasn't even a worthy army recruit. The scientists recruited him for the Super-Serum DURING WWII and Steve became a super-soldier. Steve couldn't train BEFORE the serum because he was pathetically weak. He only learned the essentials like gymnastics and judo boxing. He than got into the war. He got frozen. 50 some years later....

How can Steve have a twenty-year training advantage when he was FROZEN for the amount of time?

I thought Cap recieved extensive training after getting the SSS THEN was sent into war. The SSS doesnt automatically give you fighting skills. You are right though. He weas frozen for a long period of time. Was it 50 years?

joesha28
Trained with the enhancement yea, but that also means that Cap is training longer due to not getting tired AND training 20+ years before Bats.

trained longer does not mean better. Bats excuetion of moves tend to be better (hey he hanged on to Batgirl in h2h). He has those death moves (esp leopard blow). He cld out think a better fighter too.

jrodslam

I just did some looking around and it seems Cap was only frozen for 20 years. So starting from the time he was revived, hes only had months of extensive training. I may be mistaken but Bats was just a kid around the time Cap came back right? If so, then still has more fighting experiencec and training to a higher degree than Bats.

jrodslam
Originally posted by joesha28
trained longer does not mean better. Bats excuetion of moves tend to be better (hey he hanged on to Batgirl in h2h). He has those death moves (esp leopard blow). He cld out think a better fighter too.

Trained longer does mean better in a way. Especially when you dont tire. That gives you more of a chance to practice execution, style, finese all without the worry of fatigue. I wouldnt doubt that Cap knows death moves, but even if he did its not like hed ever use them. Cap is probably the smartest h2h combatant in Marvel. He usually doesnt have to rely on out-thinking a better fighter because he usually IS the better fighter.

Dizzle
I thought Cap recieved extensive training after getting the SSS THEN was sent into war. The SSS doesnt automatically give you fighting skills. You are right though. He weas frozen for a long period of time. Was it 50 years?

I thought it was 30 something... Plus the fact that Batman started training something like another 15 years earlier in life than Cap did. For total time "alive" (as in not frozen) they're about the same age. Batman just started way the heck earlier, and kept it up for way the heck longer.

Draco69
I just did some looking around and it seems Cap was only frozen for 20 years. So starting from the time he was revived, hes only had months of extensive training. I may be mistaken but Bats was just a kid around the time Cap came back right? If so, then still has more fighting experiencec and training to a higher degree than Bats.

No. You're thinking in REAL time. Of course, he officially came back in the 60s. In COMIC time however he only came back maybe for a decade and a half going by youngsters age.

And he didn't even have TIME to train. Soon as he was unfrozen, the government was recruiting ass, he was leading the Avengers and of course fighting supervillains right and left. Steve is still (technically) the same age as Batman. You're forgetting he came back around the time the Avengers first formed. Are you insinuating the Wasp is really an old cracker twenty years older than Batman?

Dizzle
Trained longer does mean better in a way. Especially when you dont tire. That gives you more of a chance to practice execution, style, finese all without the worry of fatigue. I wouldnt doubt that Cap knows death moves, but even if he did its not like hed ever use them. Cap is probably the smartest h2h combatant in Marvel. He usually doesnt have to rely on out-thinking a better fighter because he usually IS the better fighter.

I typed out a response to this, and then realized I'd said it all in Cap vs. Batman before... I vote we stick to Bats and Panther from here on in.

Wasn't Panther primarily trained in a single style of combat? More styles does not equal victory, but no single art is perfect. Batman's versatile as hell. There's also the point that of the 3, Panther would be the busiest of all of them, when to comes to non combat related matters. So while he may have trained for the same amount of time, he had to learn all that other stuff too... Y'know, being royalty and all that jazz.

Draco69
I typed out a response to this, and then realized I'd said it all in Cap vs. Batman before... I vote we stick to Bats and Panther from here on in.

Wasn't Panther primarily trained in a single style of combat? More styles does not equal victory, but no single art is perfect. Batman's versatile as hell. There's also the point that of the 3, Panther would be the busiest of all of them, when to comes to non combat related matters. So while he may have trained for the same amount of time, he had to learn all that other stuff too... Y'know, being royalty and all that jazz.

"Forget martial arts for now, T'challa. Now we learn about making a Negative Zone projector from a toaster. You may want to go to gym to keep in shape because this gonna be a LONG lesson..."

Dizzle
"Forget martial arts for now, T'challa. Now we learn about making a Negative Zone projector from a toaster. You may want to go to gym to keep in shape because this gonna be a LONG lesson..."

See, Batman had HIS comic book science downloaded directly into his brain... Or he took a LOT of acid in a SHORT amount of time. I can't decide yet.

jrodslam
I thought it was 30 something... Plus the fact that Batman started training something like another 15 years earlier in life than Cap did. For total time "alive" (as in not frozen) they're about the same age. Batman just started way the heck earlier, and kept it up for way the heck longer.

What year was Bats born? Either way, youre right about the total time "alive" (as in not frozen) they're about the same age. But how has Bats kept it up for longer? Cap was revived in the mid 60's i believe. How old was Bats in the mid 60's(comic age)?

King KAM
Trained longer does mean better in a way. Especially when you dont tire. That gives you more of a chance to practice execution, style, finese all without the worry of fatigue. I wouldnt doubt that Cap knows death moves, but even if he did its not like hed ever use them. Cap is probably the smartest h2h combatant in Marvel. He usually doesnt have to rely on out-thinking a better fighter because he usually IS the better fighter. that was actually a great post my man.......

joesha28
That's cos you're are a great Cap fan

King KAM
Originally posted by joesha28
That's cos you're are a great Cap fan damn right i am,

look at my new sig!

jrodslam
No. You're thinking in REAL time. Of course, he officially came back in the 60s. In COMIC time however he only came back maybe for a decade and a half going by youngsters age.

And he didn't even have TIME to train. Soon as he was unfrozen, the government was recruiting ass, he was leading the Avengers and of course fighting supervillains right and left. Steve is still (technically) the same age as Batman. You're forgetting he came back around the time the Avengers first formed. Are you insinuating the Wasp is really an old cracker twenty years older than Batman?

Naw, im not thinking in REAL time. Im thinking in Comic time. Or maybe a mixture of both. In comic time, Cap got frozen in 45 and Bats wasnt even born yet. In comic time Cap came back in mid 60's with Avengers and such. Mid 60's comic time for Bats was when he was how old?

Although he was doing government things and joined up with the Avengers as soon as he was unfrozen, doesnt mean that he wasnt getting any training in on the side. Technically, he ISNT the same age as Bats because he was born in the 30's. Im not saying Wasp is 20 years older than Batman, but in the comic world she is around his same age. In REAL LIFE time going by appearance, Batman is 24 years older than her since hes been around(real life time) since 1939.

jrodslam

Youre right.

I agree.

JOE NUNEZ
ok it would go to panther his blows would land heavy and batman wont be fast enough to effectivly land blows.As far as for bp vs cap cap is faster stronger a better fighter a better leader fights for a higher cause cap would own bp.daredevil can beat bp aswell in hand to hand no weapons and all these guys would own batman in hand to hand with no weapons .......

Draco69
What year was Bats born? Either way, youre right about the total time "alive" (as in not frozen) they're about the same age. But how has Bats kept it up for longer? Cap was revived in the mid 60's i believe. How old was Bats in the mid 60's(comic age)?

In OUR time. For heaven's sake if THAT were true, Iron Man, Wasp and Spider-Man must all be pushing forty or fifty....

jrodslam
In OUR time. For heaven's sake if THAT were true, Iron Man, Wasp and Spider-Man must all be pushing forty or fifty....

We all know that in COMIC time, characters hardly age, but yet they still have recollection of what they did back in the early days. Meaning in all actuality, they are indeed forty-fifty years old in the comics. They just dont age.

Its not like the comics they first appeared in were set in the future. As time went on, they stopped ageing. When we the last time we've seen a superheroes birthday? It doesnt happen to often.

Dizzle
We all know that in COMIC time, characters hardly age, but yet they still have recollection of what they did back in the early days. Meaning in all actuality, they are indeed forty-fifty years old in the comics. They just dont age.

Its not like the comics they first appeared in were set in the future. As time went on, they stopped ageing. When we the last time we've seen a superheroes birthday? It doesnt happen to often.

Well, it's SOMEONE's birthday... And yes, I AM filling this thread with Batman propaganda. coughsnuckuponSupermanWWGreenArrowandtheSPECTREcou
gh

Darn, such a terrible internet typing cold...
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/8740/b03batstealth119so.th.jpg

Yeah, comic ages are screwy.

jrodslam
Well, it's SOMEONE's birthday... And yes, I AM filling this thread with Batman propaganda. coughsnuckuponSupermanWWGreenArrowandtheSPECTREcou
gh

Darn, such a terrible internet typing cold...
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/8740/b03batstealth119so.th.jpg

Yeah, comic ages are screwy.

How old was Ollie turning? Did they ever say?

I didnt say birthdsays never happen. Its just rare. Like every few years or something. If that.

snoopdogg

Either way i do think he beats BP though. Cap does not have more experiene than Bats Jrod.

Simply because Cap Spent most of that time frozen in ice.

Juntai
It was Hal's neice.. Helen's birthday.
It's from a Spectre v4 issue.

Murda Mase
issue number 500 of amazing spider-man was petes birthday.

MERCILOUS
Bats puts this cat in the bag.

Sixth_Winged
Physically, they should probably around the same in physique w/ overall speed going to batman (only thanks to that hear-shaped herb Bp ingested, he's cheap ass getting to his status like cap). Skillwise, i'm going to say Batman has the clear advantage. He has more experience, more knowledge on h2h and has more improvisation done thanks to his dedication. Overall, i'd say Batman 7/10.

this changes with normal equip though, thanks to Wakanda's tech and BP's armor.

Tony Stark
If Batman is the be all in Martial arts and H2H would could The Joker ever lay i hand on him which he regularly does...?

BP Is the winner IMO...

joesha28
If Batman is the be all in Martial arts and H2H would could The Joker ever lay i hand on him which he regularly does...?

BP Is the winner IMO...

cos it would not be fun if he does not.

Dizzle

BP Is the winner IMO...

A: He's not... Shiva and Richard Dragon are both better. The closest someone has gotten is probably Batman 1 Million... He pulled a much more impressive Karate Kid and mastered thousands and thousands of styles from across the universe.

B: Joker? You kidding? Since when does Joker give Batman a real fight in h2h?

Joker+Every other crazy Batman fights.... Which is a LOT of crazies.
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9281/649batrogues18wv.th.jpghttp://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4681/b03batrogues25vz.th.jpghttp://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6990/c02batrogues36ka.th.jpg

joesha28
Still he is one of the best in DCU... i place him a 6th in ranking but he could still hang onto the top 3 fighters.

brainchild81
BP beats the mess out of Batman.

lifeisaglich
Naa...

Batman beats the crap out of BP

Namor
T'Challa. Before he ingested the sacred herb I'd say he was on par, physically, with Bruce Wayne. Afterwards he became grossly faster, stronger, more agile etc. Tactically and Intellectually he's just as efficient as Wayne. His physical prowess would give him the greater advantage. Panther all the way.

Juntai

And he didn't even have TIME to train. Soon as he was unfrozen, the government was recruiting ass, he was leading the Avengers and of course fighting supervillains right and left. Steve is still (technically) the same age as Batman. You're forgetting he came back around the time the Avengers first formed. Are you insinuating the Wasp is really an old cracker twenty years older than Batman? Batman is old, you do know that right? In his comics he's dipicted as mid/late 30s to early 40s,. For example, he took Dick Greyson in as a very young boy, who is in his mid-20s now. And Bruce was already a grown ass man, and started his training as a kid. So he's got like 25+ years of experience at martial arts.

People act like Batman is still 23 or something. lol.

Namor
Panther is roughly around the same age as Batman, 35-40 years.

OMNIKINETIC
I SAY T'CHALLA COMES OUT VICTORIOUS

JOE NUNEZ
batmans a *****

brainchild81
Not true. He does get waaaaaaaaay too much credit sometimes though.Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Physically, they should probably around the same in physique w/ overall speed going to batman (only thanks to that hear-shaped herb Bp ingested, he's cheap ass getting to his status like cap). Skillwise, i'm going to say Batman has the clear advantage. He has more experience, more knowledge on h2h and has more improvisation done thanks to his dedication. Overall, i'd say Batman 7/10.

this changes with normal equip though, thanks to Wakanda's tech and BP's armor. You meant to put that overall speed goes to BP. BP took the herb to be better & that's not as admirible as one who got what he has due to only training(Batman has taken Venom before though.) But @ the end of the day, BP is better, regardless of how he got better. BP wins 10/10

LordFear
My money is on BP because those herbs actually enhanced his skills beyond (slightly though) peak human levels. So his abilities are truly like a panther. keen senses agility therefore I don't see Bats coming up with new tricks to beat him.
BP stalemates DD without his arsenal

cherry cola
As for the age thing comic wise I think bruce is around mid 30's. Cap because he was frozen still look like a man of 25 years old and I believe BP too be about 30-33 from what I have heard. BP is as dangerous as Batman with the tech and the herb has increased him like the SSS for Cap. Given the physical fight BP may edge out batman. Given psychological warfare the bat will win.

brainchild81
Bats gets beat down before any psychological warfare takes place.

nathan summers
Psychologically, they're equal. Both men have the ability to detach themselves from any given situation and DEAL with it. Neither would allow any foe to easily gain footing over them and both have had enough training to lessen anything someone might throw at them. The main advantage that T'Challa has over Batman is The Panther God. The Black Panther has an inborn mystic connection which has allowed him to " psychically " battle foes such as Mephisto -- and win. It really depends on the situation. Personally I don't think either gains too much footing over the other when it comes to overall intelligence or mental durability.

lifeisaglich
True the only thing that black panther has over batman is the equipment. And with out it, black panther would just be another captain america wanna be.

With that said if they were to fight with out weapons the majority of the wins would go to batman.

And if they were to fight with normal equipment the majority of th wins would go to black panther

And if they were to prepare for their encounter knowing full well what the other can do. Well batman is going to be the one to all most all their encounters.

I kind of agree because batman went to HELL and came back with all his marbles.

nathan summers
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
True the only thing that black panther has over batman is the equipment. And with out it, black panther would just be another captain america wanna be.

With that said if they were to fight with out weapons the majority of the wins would go to batman.

And if they were to fight with normal equipment the majority of th wins would go to black panther

And if they were to prepare for their encounter knowing full well what the other can do. Well batman is going to be the one to all most all their encounters.

I kind of agree because batman went to HELL and came back with all his marbles.

There's no sure way to determine whether Batman's hand to hand skill are superior to Black Panther's until there's an actual cross over. But gadgets aren't the only advantages Black Panther has. T'Challa has cat-like hearing, vision ( see in the dark ), sense of smell, agility, strength, speed, etc. All derived from the heart-shaped herb and the Panther God who is apparently constantly a part of the Panther. Batman cannot match those entirely without some sort of gadgetry on his own part. Black Panther would have the slightest advantage in any fight between them.

Both Black Panther and Batman are masters of " prep " time. Neither men have ever entered a battle without first understanding to some degree their foe. ( ex. Black Panther prep'd for his fight with Hydro-Man. ) I doubt their situation in which neither has their weapons, etc, would call for any prep time.

Dizzle
Originally posted by nathan summers
Psychologically, they're equal. Both men have the ability to detach themselves from any given situation and DEAL with it. Neither would allow any foe to easily gain footing over them and both have had enough training to lessen anything someone might throw at them. The main advantage that T'Challa has over Batman is The Panther God. The Black Panther has an inborn mystic connection which has allowed him to " psychically " battle foes such as Mephisto -- and win. It really depends on the situation. Personally I don't think either gains too much footing over the other when it comes to overall intelligence or mental durability.

Just for shits and giggles... Quentin Tarantino's got nothin.

brainchild81
True the only thing that black panther has over batman is the equipment. And with out it, black panther would just be another captain america wanna be. Well now that you've downgraded the character, Batman is sure to win roll eyes (sarcastic)
With that said if they were to fight with out weapons the majority of the wins would go to batman. Nope. Cap'd beat Batman up and so would BP. BP's a little meaner, so he might hurt Bats a bit more
And if they were to fight with normal equipment the majority of th wins would go to black panther I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'll take your word for it. Anytime YOU say Batman'd lose, he must be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
outclassed.
And if they were to prepare for their encounter knowing full well what the other can do. Well batman is going to be the one to all most all their encounters.I'm not sure about that. It's hard to tell who'd win.
I kind of agree because batman went to HELL and came back with all his marbles. He probably had the same number he went in with, but he hasn't had all of them since the day his parents were murdered.

lifeisaglich
Those are all good advantages
But batman's crowl all's him to see in the dark, have cat like hearing, (It does not help his sense of smell) smile

Well batman has shown strength and speed just as well. All of this he did with out taking anything that would give these advantages to him.

Except for the Panther God thing which I don't know how it is going to help the black panther in this match they are even and yes with the slightest advantage going to T'challa in the strength department.

This thread did not call for prep and I am not saying to call it one.
They both use prep but batman has had a history of winning through prep. And with the toys that he has.....oooh...No I am not talking about batarangs he would surely win.

And I am going to leave it at that.

And yess T'challa also uses prep to win most of his battles I KNOW..smile

Dizzle
Just for shits and giggles... Quentin Tarantino's got nothin.

Stupid attatchement...

http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/9962/mindfightingbatstyle5ce.th.jpg

brainchild81
Who's the other guy?

nathan summers
Those are all good advantages
But batman's crowl all's him to see in the dark, have cat like hearing, (It does not help his sense of smell) smile

Yes, this is true. But they have no gadgets, remember? I'm assuming that means ALL of their high-tech gear is stripped and it's just Bruce Wayne versus T'Challa. No night vision cowl or overtly enhanced hearing.

lifeisaglich
yess

It is just their standard gear....and.....batman does not dress to kill you on a dime. Well if you took it to the extreme and disturb them the way no criminal has ever done well T'challa is more likely to snap your neck while batman would just beat you to an inch of your life. Hence the difference in their standard gear.

That is true.

Well I am glad you brought that up, how would seeing in the dark or smelling help him in this type of fight then? hmmmmmmm

nathan summers
There are infinite reasons that it could help in a fight of this sort. Any number of odd situations or occurances could be introduced. What if the lights go out? Bam! Night vision! What if Panther is blinded and can't see for whatever reason. BAM! Super hearing, smelling..etc. Stranger things have happened in comics.

brainchild81
laughing What if they both poke each other in the eyes? BM can fight blind, but I doubt he'd be as good as someone with senses like BP.

the Darkone
T'challa for the KO

marvelprince
T'chall edges out Bruce in this matchup.

jasonk3
Batman FTW

StarsNeverFall7
Cap beat Bats?? I'm not too sure about all that only xover I've read with the two of them, Bats took the win. Granted this meeting wasn't canon just like this Bats and BP one wouldn't be if it happened...it was still a defeat on Caps part and it didn't take too much effort.

I believe they are fairly equal in most categories except for BP being a bit ahead in strength. Batman has him outclassed in fighting skills and that puts him over a bit for this fight..

Batman 6/10

marvelprince
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Cap beat Bats?? I'm not too sure about all that only xover I've read with the two of them, Bats took the win. Granted this meeting wasn't canon just like this Bats and BP one wouldn't be if it happened...it was still a defeat on Caps part and it didn't take too much effort.

I believe they are fairly equal in most categories except for BP being a bit ahead in strength. Batman has him outclassed in fighting skills and that puts him over a bit for this fight..

Batman 6/10

In JLA/Avengers both of them fought for a while with Batman acknowlegding that if they continue Cap could beat him.

Also Panther outclasses Batman in most physical aspects and the only thing Batman has over him is fighting skills, an area where BP is no slouch. Enhanced physical abilities plus enhanced senses ftw

Darth Vegas
Black Panther

StarsNeverFall7
Well of course he would eventually beat him, his stamina should be far above Bats with the SSS, lets remember Bats is only human.

BP is no slouch if fighting ability at all, but in a hand to hand fight, his smell, hearing, etc isn't going to be doing to much. Yes, BP is a bit superior in strength and maybe slightly in speed but in something like this it comes more down to pure fighting ability in which Batman should be able to take a slight majority. Not much at all, but a slight...would be one good fight thats for sure.

marvelprince
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Well of course he would eventually beat him, his stamina should be far above Bats with the SSS, lets remember Bats is only human.

BP is no slouch if fighting ability at all, but in a hand to hand fight, his smell, hearing, etc isn't going to be doing to much. Yes, BP is a bit superior in strength and maybe slightly in speed but in something like this it comes more down to pure fighting ability in which Batman should be able to take a slight majority. Not much at all, but a slight...would be one good fight thats for sure.

Well I factored in the fact that other heroes with enhanced senses use them to read moves (much in the way Daredevil and to a lesser extent Wolverine use them). Just some thinking out of the box cause as far as I'm aware he's never used his sense like that before (doesn't mean he can't though)

Metalmanx
Black Panther for the win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.