Hulks vs Supermen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zachrivard
ok so

100 hulks vs 97 superman

both r at normal power levels

which group wins????

Lucid Lui
All the Supermen fly up into the air and fry all the Hulks with their full powered heat vision blasts.

All that's left are 200 Hulk hands because, well, Hulk's hand seem to be able to take heat vision that the rest of his body can't... o.0

zachrivard
idk the all the hulks match the superman but hulks have 3 more??
interesting match to me

jacobo0o
u dont need 97
u need like 3

zachrivard
could u imangine 97 superman moving at near light speeds devestating 100 hulks w/ planet classs 100 punchs at that speed?? idk could hulk take the damage

spideycarnage
hulks looses big time lol

Dmx777
lol wow, how sad... the hulks will be sitting there going "huh who took my hamburger" while they get killed...

Dmx777
Plus earth will not be able to sustain this kinda of power and damage... so it would explode and we will all die!

zachrivard
no one is gonna argue hulks can win??

ZephroCarnelian
Nope. smile

The Ion
Hulks win.....

...Ok, not really.

spideycarnage
if the hulks are lucky they'll get one superman..hulk vs superman one on one would be a more even fight edge to superman, but a combination of 97 supermen working together would be unfair, 97 supermen moving a superspeed, flying, heat visions etc. is too much for 100 hulks, 200 hulks probally wouldent win

zachrivard
so what if the hulks worked together??
i am waiting for some hulk fan to come hear and tell me otherwise

spideycarnage
i like the hulk better than superman, but supreman has the advantage of flight and speed. if he couldent fly i think the hulk would win

zachrivard
idk hulk is pretty durable

outarddwarf
no amount of durablility (except juggernaut duriblility evil face ) would help abody in this situation.

zachrivard
i think hulks could take it

Hit and Run
I really can't picture 100 Hulks working together. Hell, all you need is one Superman to say to one Hulk: "Hey, your teammate over there says he's the strongest one there is!"

This would inevitably cause that Hulk to fight one of the other ones and set off a chain reaction of the Hulks fighting each other, each one yelling "I'm the strongest one there is!" Then all the Supermen could just watch the Hulks beat the crap out of each other.

R.O.T. Yahman
Marvel = 100 of tons

Superman = Quintillion tons

D.C. win ! smile

roughrider
Originally posted by zachrivard

laughing laughing laughing ....No... laughing laughing laughing

golem370
Hulks can win If he can beat people like Zzzax & Gladiator they diffently have a chance here at least 50% chance

roughrider
Gladiator is a super-powered jobber. Only reason Hulk has beat someone of his caliber and range of powers is heavy doses of PIS and CIS from the writer. But, we don't live in the world that has to please Hulk fanboys, or Punisher fanboys everytime he goes against Wolverine. Someone with Hulk's limited attack style against a Superman, they should not win.

golem370
The Hulk has fought people with great speed and done well Thor,Silver Surfer,Gladiator,

golem370
pics

golem370
one more

zachrivard
i doubt hulks could win

The Ion
Originally posted by golem370
The Hulk has fought people with great speed and done well Thor,Silver Surfer,Gladiator,
Surfer completely owns Hulk.
Thor often fights Hulk h2h (hammer to hand) to test his strength.
Gladiator has mentioned has been jobbed out.

Hulk couldn't beat any of those three if the fight is written the way it should go.

spetznaz
Hulks can win If he can beat people like Zzzax & Gladiator they diffently have a chance here at least 50% chance

The Hulk is simply too one-dimensional. He is essentially a brawler with enormous strength levels, an amazingly effective healing factor, and the ability to always locate the place where he first turned into the Hulk.
Oh, he can also jump far.

At the end of the day the Hulk is simply too one-dimensional, especially to face off against an multi-dimensional (actually more like Omni-dimensional) character like Superman.

Now, you said that the Hulk has faced off against such people like Gladiator and Thor.
Amazing feats.
Definitely.
However all of that was due to CIS/PIS. It shouldn't have happened.

The thing is Marvel tends to write things in ways that appeal to certain segments of fanboys, and thus there is a hierachy of fanboyism in Marvel.
For instance Thor fanboys are below Hulk fanboys, and thus you will see Thor (who should never lose to the Hulk) losing to the Hulk.
In the same vein, HULK fanboys are below WOLVERINE fanboys, which is why (until the recent Ultimate Hulk ripping Ultimate Wolverine into two) the Hulk always jobbed to Wolverine.
Something that is ....well .....not only silly but downright stupid writing from Marvel.

Thus, some of the matchups between Marvel characters are solely based on a mix of fanboy appeasement with gobs of CIS/PIS thrown into it.
Take for instance the bouts between the Hulk and Wolverine. What in goodness name is that! It shouldn't even be a fight.
Now, according to posters like Wolverine8888 (kind of miss his silly posts) Wolverine 'won' those matches. I don't think he won, but the very fact that he SURVIVED just shows the sheer lunacy that was involved in that.

Hence, when you say that the Hulk has faced off against the Silver Surfer and Thor, and use that to show how the Hulk can beat Superman .....then all I have to do is say that the Hulk faced off against Wolverine (several times),and before the recent Ultimate Universe showing always seemed to job to Wolvie (not that he lost per se, but because he didn't win .....easily win .....win in like a fraction of a second's fraction ....win so fast that the comic would spontaneously combust due to the speed of the victory .....win with just a flick of his little finger ....etc etc etc ad infinitum).

If you say that the Hulk has faced off against the Silver Surfer and held his ground, I can say that Wolverine has faced off against the Hulk and held his ground.
And thus we have a conundrum (thanks to Marvel's constant fanboy appeasement).

Which of the above is more accurate?
Well, neither.
For one the Silver Surfer is simply BEYOND the Hulk. SS can move so fast (many times faster than the speed of light even, according to Marvel) that the Hulk wouldn't even be able to see SS. Add the power cosmic, and all the powers that come with it, and SS would beat the Hulk just as easily as the Hulk could beat Jubilee.
As for the Wolverine bouts ....that is just as silly. Wolverine is simply BENEATH the Hulk. Goodness, even if Wolverine managed to cut the Hulk (that is, if the Hulk did not simply punch Wolverine so hard when he got in range that his insides would literally liquefy) the Hulk's healing factor would IMMEDIATELY heal the wound. In essence, Wolverine cannot even HARM the Hulk. And if the Hulk laid one hand on Wolverine it should be over. Yet we are to take that Wolvie can stand his ground against the Hulk!?!??

Anyways, just because the Hulk has faced off against the Gladiator, Silver Surfer and Thor doesn't really mean much.
After all Wolverine has also faced off against the Hulk.

.....unless ofcourse Wolverine is an Asgardian deity living in the Shiar empire and has the power cosmic flowing from his Adamantium claws.

I didn't think so.

zachrivard
bump

golem370
Wolverine beating or stalemating Hulk is as stupid as Batman vs Darkseid the Fact is that everybody has lost respect for the Hulk IMO there are only a couple of beings below or Equal to that of Thanos who could match Hulks strength.no one below range of Thanos power could go toe to toe with a Fully enraged Hulk. Superman can't match the level of strength that the Hulk is capable of IMO Not Juggernaut,Immortal Hercules,Thor, nobody below cosmic enities IMO could match Hulk at full rage maybe Drax with the power gem or Champion with the power gem.

supremthor
97 superman doing this to one hundred hulk on earth.........wait theres not gonna be an earth

golem370
5 of the Hulks throw one up the destroying that ball of fire and then falls back to earth. plus is that post crisis Superman?

Murda Mase
Yeah it is

Surfer and him came to a tie......I say if the Hulk was smarter or the writers werehttp://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6871/confused7ep.gif then Hulk should/would be able to beat Surfer....

LOL then some people actually think Superman would lose to Surfer...BWAHAHA what a joke.

Morgrulesall
so what if the hulks worked together??
i am waiting for some hulk fan to come hear and tell me otherwise

you don't need to be an huge hulk fan to understand that the hulks would literally "own" all supermen

the angrier they get stronger they get

in few minutes the power level would increase as they were 1000 (and not 100) and the "Supermen" would die like flies

spetznaz
Wolverine beating or stalemating Hulk is as stupid as Batman vs Darkseid the Fact is that everybody has lost respect for the Hulk IMO there are only a couple of beings below or Equal to that of Thanos who could match Hulks strength.no one below range of Thanos power could go toe to toe with a Fully enraged Hulk. Superman can't match the level of strength that the Hulk is capable of IMO Not Juggernaut,Immortal Hercules,Thor, nobody below cosmic enities IMO could match Hulk at full rage maybe Drax with the power gem or Champion with the power gem.

You are actually making my point for me ....and in several ways.

First of all I agree that the very thought of Wolverine even matching up to the Hulk is preposterous. However that just shows how Marvel has always leaned towards its various fanboy factions .....and for the longest time (especially during the late 80s and the 90s) Wolverine was the bread and butter of Marvel due to his legions of fan(boys). Thus he was always protrayed as far more than he really was.
Marvel will play with a character just to appease certain segments of its readership, and this is the case when it comes to the Hulk versus the Silver Surfer.
Just as ridiculous as Wolverine versus Hulk, in that in the same way Wolvie cannot match the Hulk, the Hulk cannot match the Silver Surfer.

Marvel is just not consistent .....one moment we are supposed to believe that the Hulk is not fast enough to catch a weaving and bobbing Wolverine, yet we are then supposed to believe the the Hulk can stand against the Silver Surfer ....a being able to go many times the speed of LIGHT!
Ludicrous.

You also talk about the Hulk's strength, and how it is great.
Yes, the Hulk has prodigious strength.
And yes, the angrier he gets the stronger he gets.
However I know this ....I even stated this in my initial post.
That the Hulk is really strong.
I ALSO said that the Hulk is EXTREMELY one-dimensional. Apart from his strength (and his healing ability, green skin, green eyes, saliva-spewing mouth, dark-green hair, dark-green toenails, bulging veins in his forehead, and the AMAZING ability to always find the location where he first turned to the Hulk ...lol ...) he has no other powers.

He has strength .....but that is where his check dries up.

Yet he is facing an omni-dimensional character .....multiplied 97 times!

Come on Golem ....I know you cannot admit that a Marvel character can lose to a DC character (including the entire DC universe in several of your prior threads, even when the 'amazing' character you supposed could defeat the entire DCU was defeated in Marvel with the help of ridiculously pathetic characters like Nightcrawler) ....but you should know that Marvel is not the be-all-end-all of everything.
Now, if Marvel paid your salary that would be another story .....

Anyways, as most people on this thread have concured, the Supermen take this ....and take this with ease.

The only time a Hulk (or Hulks) may win is if the Supermen waited for them to get extremely angry ....as in so angry that the veins that normally bulge in the Hulk's forehead literally burst .....and THEN challenging the Hulk to an arm-wrestling contest .....where only STRENGTH will be a factor.
However in a FIGHT, where the Hulks power of strength is matched against the Supermen powers of strength (far higher than the base strength of the Hulk, requiring the Hulk to get bloody irate to even be a blip here) ...speed (even post-Crisis Supes has been shown as being able to breach light speed) ....and a whole host of other powers that are both offensive (eg arctic breath etc) and sensory (eg the ability of any of the Supermen to always know all the movements of all the Hulks simply by hearing the tension caused by their musculature and tendons moving).

And anyways, how would the Hulks even hurt a single Superman if the Supermen were constantly flying up high at high speed blasting away? Would the Hulks be jumping up and down .....like clowns?
Would they be screaming how 'unfair' the Supermen are to be flying instead of coming (Stupidly) to the ground and fighting like fools.
Would they just wave their arms and scream 'Hulk smash?'

The Hulks have a power ....strength. Singular.
The Supermen have powers. Various. Varied. Myriad. Plural.

Thankfully most people on the thread realized that this is pretty much a given.

ZephroCarnelian
Fantastic posts, Spetz.

The man speaks sense. yes

The Supermen win this with ease.

I'd safely say you could half the number of Supermen and they'd still win.

There's just too much speed and intellect on their side to be losing this. smile

Morgrulesall

one dimensional char ?

one only power ?

Planet Hulk proves that the hulk can adapt to everything,to every situation.He can breath in the space.And Peter David confirmed the hulk can now breath underwater.

You say that "most of people one the thread realized that is pretty much a given" ;i answer that i could list tons of battle boards where members would give the edge to the hulk over Superman.Why? Because they read hulk's comics and know hulk's powers.

Your arguments are pointless.

"The Hulks have a power ....strength. Singular.
The Supermen have powers. Various. Varied. Myriad. Plural"

Doomsday destroyed Superman.
Hulk destroyed Gladiator.

ehi,it seems that having a power in the comics it's more important than having Various,Varied,Myriad,plural of powers.

Private Pion
Supermen just tear out the ground under the Hulks whilst the Hulks beat each other up. Supermen then put them on some uninhabited world.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Morgrulesall
one dimensional char ?

one only power ?

Planet Hulk proves that the hulk can adapt to everything,to every situation.He can breath in the space.And Peter David confirmed the hulk can now breath underwater.

You say that "most of people one the thread realized that is pretty much a given" ;i answer that i could list tons of battle boards where members would give the edge to the hulk over Superman.Why? Because they read hulk's comics and know hulk's powers.

Your arguments are pointless.

"The Hulks have a power ....strength. Singular.
The Supermen have powers. Various. Varied. Myriad. Plural"

Doomsday destroyed Superman.
Hulk destroyed Gladiator.

ehi,it seems that having a power in the comics it's more important than having Various,Varied,Myriad,plural of powers.

1) You said you could show me TONS of cases where members say the Hulk can beat Superman ....as in you could literally give me sooooooo many examples (so many you use the term 'tons') where MOST people say that the Hulk can beat Superman.
Hmmm, ok ...I'll bite.
In fact I will make it extremely easy for you.

Here: Name two ....note, you do not need to give me your 'tons' of evidence ...just two ....cases in KMC where the Hulk has been put against Superman in a NORMAL fight (not where they have Superman having one hand tied behind his back .....and I still think Superman won that one), would be easy for you ....after all you have tons of evidence.
If you have tons of evidence then you can surely show me just 2 threads on KMC where most people say the Hulk can beat Superman in a normal (i.e no silly conditions) fight.

2) You said that the Hulk can breath in space.
Wow ....the Hulk can actually breath air in a vacuum.
LOL.
And you said that Peter David confirmed that the Hulk can breath underwater.
Hmmmm ....GREAT power.
Even Fishboy can breath underwater, and how in goodness name will the ability to breath underwater help the Hulk face off against Superman.

3)I still maintain that the Hulk is still extremely uni-dimensional. Without his super-strength all he has is green pigmentation, a severe rage problem, and the ability to locate where he first turned into the Hulk.
Oh, and the ability to breath underwater (I guess he could compete in deep-sea diving competitions then,or maybe salmon harvesting).
He is still a one-dimensional character. His only viable power is strength, and that is a HUGE liability when it comes to facing off against omni-dimensional characters.

4) Doomsday.
You really think that Doomsday is analogous to the Hulk?
The character in DC that is most analogous to the Hulk is Solomon Grundy, and even then that is the Grundy is the CARTOON. The comic Grundy has other supernatural abilities.
Doomsday is not one-dimensional.
His greatest ability is not his strength (which is prodigious), but his ability to always adapt beyond anything he faces.
You must really not know much about Doomsday if you think he is an analogue of the Hulk. Read up Hunter/Prey and see some of the people he faced off against, ranging from an energy wielder that could destroy a planet to Darkseid himself.
The only way they could stop him is to take him to the end of time.
End of time.
Doomsday and the Hulk cannot be mentioned in the same sentence.

5) The Hulk vs Gladiator.
In essence this just goes back to what I was telling Golem.No need for me to repeat that.

OMNIKINETIC
ALL U HAVE TO DO IS PUT A TIGHT CHICK IN THE AREA AND THEN THE HULKS WOULD PROBABLY FIGHT EACH OTHER OVER WHO GETS HER...U KNO HOW DUMB THE HULK IS...SUPERMAN PROBABLY WOULDNT EVEN HAVE TO THROW A PUNCH

inamilist
wow spetz!

agree 100%

lets even say for the sake of the argument that hulk is 25 000 times stronger than superman (he isnt, but lets pretend he is that mad, i dont know)

that strength would be helpful if he and supes put on boxing gloves and got into a ring where they only punched eachother, and superman had to move slow enough for hulk to hit... hell, in that situation i might say the hulk takes it (given he is already mad enough to match supes str)

but in a real fight superman wouldn't even use strength to beat hulk, he isnt that stupid. He wouldnt get close if he didnt have to, especially if it meant having the hulk pound his face to mush.

but, speedblitz smile

supremthor
Originally posted by inamilist
wow spetz!

agree 100%

lets even say for the sake of the argument that hulk is 25 000 times stronger than superman (he isnt, but lets pretend he is that mad, i dont know)

that strength would be helpful if he and supes put on boxing gloves and got into a ring where they only punched eachother, and superman had to move slow enough for hulk to hit... hell, in that situation i might say the hulk takes it (given he is already mad enough to match supes str)

but in a real fight superman wouldn't even use strength to beat hulk, he isnt that stupid. He wouldnt get close if he didnt have to, especially if it meant having the hulk pound his face to mush.

but, speedblitz smile

laughing laughing laughing laughing

zachrivard
hulks would get crushed

aquafan
Hulk has absolutely no chance....he is outclassed in evey respect

Darth Kal-El
ok so

100 hulks vs 97 superman

both r at normal power levels

which group wins???? no offense...but this is a ridiculous match

Private Pion
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
no offense...but this is a ridiculous match

Yeah, but thats what makes it fun.

zachrivard
how is this match ridicoulous??

zachrivard
ridiculous*

golem370
pic

spideycarnage
pic

probally the best superman vs hulk scan eva! nice pic golem

zachrivard
that pic is sweet. is it from a comic??

golem370
Not sure

Lord-of-Dreams
100 supes would easily merk 100 hulks. Supes is smart alone, thikn of him with 99 partners of equal intelligence!!

zachrivard
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
100 supes would easily merk 100 hulks. Supes is smart alone, thikn of him with 99 partners of equal intelligence!!

no its not 100 supermen its 97 and thats y it is interesting would the extra 3 hulks be the decideing factor

Lord-of-Dreams
Oh, my bad. No.

zachrivard
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
Oh, my bad. No.
yeah i know

Lord-of-Dreams
wink

zachrivard
bump

Cosmic Cube
I hate threads like this. Honestly, it just gives people a chance to bash the Hulk. If current Hulk didn't suck so much, I would argue on his behalf, but to do so is logically impossible.

Well anyway, the Hulk used to be stronger and more durable than Superman. Used to be.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by spetznaz
You are actually making my point for me ....and in several ways.

First of all I agree that the very thought of Wolverine even matching up to the Hulk is preposterous. However that just shows how Marvel has always leaned towards its various fanboy factions .....and for the longest time (especially during the late 80s and the 90s) Wolverine was the bread and butter of Marvel due to his legions of fan(boys). Thus he was always protrayed as far more than he really was.
Marvel will play with a character just to appease certain segments of its readership, and this is the case when it comes to the Hulk versus the Silver Surfer.
Just as ridiculous as Wolverine versus Hulk, in that in the same way Wolvie cannot match the Hulk, the Hulk cannot match the Silver Surfer.

Marvel is just not consistent .....one moment we are supposed to believe that the Hulk is not fast enough to catch a weaving and bobbing Wolverine, yet we are then supposed to believe the the Hulk can stand against the Silver Surfer ....a being able to go many times the speed of LIGHT!
Ludicrous.

You also talk about the Hulk's strength, and how it is great.
Yes, the Hulk has prodigious strength.
And yes, the angrier he gets the stronger he gets.
However I know this ....I even stated this in my initial post.
That the Hulk is really strong.
I ALSO said that the Hulk is EXTREMELY one-dimensional. Apart from his strength (and his healing ability, green skin, green eyes, saliva-spewing mouth, dark-green hair, dark-green toenails, bulging veins in his forehead, and the AMAZING ability to always find the location where he first turned to the Hulk ...lol ...) he has no other powers.

He has strength .....but that is where his check dries up.

Yet he is facing an omni-dimensional character .....multiplied 97 times!

Come on Golem ....I know you cannot admit that a Marvel character can lose to a DC character (including the entire DC universe in several of your prior threads, even when the 'amazing' character you supposed could defeat the entire DCU was defeated in Marvel with the help of ridiculously pathetic characters like Nightcrawler) ....but you should know that Marvel is not the be-all-end-all of everything.
Now, if Marvel paid your salary that would be another story .....

Anyways, as most people on this thread have concured, the Supermen take this ....and take this with ease.

The only time a Hulk (or Hulks) may win is if the Supermen waited for them to get extremely angry ....as in so angry that the veins that normally bulge in the Hulk's forehead literally burst .....and THEN challenging the Hulk to an arm-wrestling contest .....where only STRENGTH will be a factor.
However in a FIGHT, where the Hulks power of strength is matched against the Supermen powers of strength (far higher than the base strength of the Hulk, requiring the Hulk to get bloody irate to even be a blip here) ...speed (even post-Crisis Supes has been shown as being able to breach light speed) ....and a whole host of other powers that are both offensive (eg arctic breath etc) and sensory (eg the ability of any of the Supermen to always know all the movements of all the Hulks simply by hearing the tension caused by their musculature and tendons moving).

And anyways, how would the Hulks even hurt a single Superman if the Supermen were constantly flying up high at high speed blasting away? Would the Hulks be jumping up and down .....like clowns?
Would they be screaming how 'unfair' the Supermen are to be flying instead of coming (Stupidly) to the ground and fighting like fools.
Would they just wave their arms and scream 'Hulk smash?'

I cannot emphasize how much I agree with this post.

Good post spetznaz. Extremely good post.

To hell with Marvel.

Marcus4600

I'm not even gonna argue that, and I'm a huge Marvel advocate.

Cosmic Cube
Spetznaz has said everything that can be said. The Hulks simply cannot touch Supermen.

Superman vs The Hulk isn't really a good matchup, if you think about it. It's a wonder why they fight in so many crossovers.

Both of them are really strong. One keeps getting stronger as he gets angrier. The other can exceed light speed, project the heat of a star from his eyes, freeze the oceans with his breath, see through anything but lead, and hear a pin drop half-way across the world.

The real question is, what idiot decided that Superman vs The Hulk was a good fight?

Cosmic Cube
Seriously. The only way the Hulk has a chance of winning is by PIS'ing the hell out of Supes. If he enters the fight in a normal state, Supes will end the fight before he even blinks. Even if he entered the fight 1000 times stronger and more durable than Supes, he stands no chance of hitting Supes, so he will become Superman's giant indestructable green punching bag.

How is Hulk vs. Superman a good match-up?

Marcus4600
It's not. Sentry vs Supes would be a good fight.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

The real question is, what idiot decided that Superman vs The Hulk was a good fight?

I think the reason (at least to me) is because the Hulk is Marvel's premier powerhouse, while Superman is DC's premier powerhouse.

Consequently,any crossover between the two houses will have a clash between their two champions .....Superman for DC, and Hulk for Marvel.

Now, there is a reason I said that the Hulk was Marvel's premier powerhouse instead of the most potent. There are far better characters in Marvel that can be used against Superman, but they are either not as well known/followed/liked or they are background characters.
They simply do not have the same 'currency' in the mainstream as the Hulk has.

In the same way, Superman is not DC's most powerful character. Not even by a longshot.
Goodness, Superman is NOT even the most powerful member of the JLA.
However, just as the Hulk is for Marvel, Superman is the PREMIER powerhouse for DC.

Hence, any matchup between the two houses would have a Superman vs Hulk clash, even though in all actuality the two are not even in the same league.
The Hulk is too one-dimensional.
Superman is too omni-dimensional.

However, champions have to be chosen ....and since Marvel and DC are in it to make money, the 'right' champions have to be chosen. Thus they go for the premier characters,the ones people know and would like to see fight (translation: The ones they will pay money to see).
Now, in KMC I am sure that there are many who would love to see more 'realistic' matchups, and would pay for it, but the greater comic buying community seems stuck on the more established matchups.

I think that is the only reason why they would have Superman face off against the Hulk.

In much the same way look at Quicksilver versus the Flash.
In Marvel, QS is the premier speedster.
In DC the Flash reigns supreme.

Now, Marvel has some FAR FASTER cats than QS. Goodness, QS is absolutely slow compared with some of the characters Marvel has.
However, some of these characters are either obscure (eg the Runner), or are more known for other capabilities (eg the Silver Surfer).
However, either of the two above are far faster than QS. So fast that they can move at over the speed of light, while until quite recently QS couldn't even breach the speed of sound with ease!
However QS is Marvel's PREMIER speedster, thus he faces off against the Flash (even when the Flash can eat QS' lunch without trying).

I guess it all boils down to the premier champions for both houses.
And when it comes to 'strength' the guy for Marvel is the Hulk (even though there are many FAR better characters than him), and for DC it is Superman (even when there are several better characters than him).
The problem is that the Hulk is not a match for Superman, but until some of the other characters get more press time it will always be Superman vs Hulk.

golem370
The reason is because the Hulk is not to be looked over he has beat Gladiator who is more blood thirsty,flys faster and atleast equal in strength to Superman. also the Hulk has beat people more powerful then Gladiator. Galaxy Master,Zzzax and others Hulk has fought many Avengers at the say time and was doing good where as Superman was hurting very bad after fighting one Avenger aka Thor. All in All Hulk has at least a 35% chance of beating Superman.

Marcus4600
It's a slim chance though. Hulk would have to be able to take a sub-light flying charge from Superman, but I don't think he can. Namor once hit him so hard that he flew back to shore, reverting to Banner along the way. When he fights Superman-esque characters, those opponents make stupid mistakes, like Gladiator trying to burn through Hulk's flesh.

zachrivard
superman wins!

jgiant
dont u dumbasses realize that the hulk is unstoppable???? the more stuff u do to him the stronger he gets.......HULK SMASH B!TCHES

Wolverine2006
At first superman would be stronger but hulk would just keep getting angrier and stronger and would overpower superman. Hulk sould break the man of steel in 2.

juggernaut66666
superman could beat hulk he is far more faster and stronger he can move planets and stuff like that first i said hulk but i read some superman and now i know that hulk has really little chance sad sad

Wolverine2006
Was it pre-crisis superman, or the current superman

Marcus4600
Filet o Hulk anyone? Hey, Juggernaut6666, could you pass the barbecue sauce?

*sets a huge tabe*

Superman's doing the grilling!

Tron
The reason is because the Hulk is not to be looked over he has beat Gladiator who is more blood thirsty,flys faster and atleast equal in strength to Superman. also the Hulk has beat people more powerful then Gladiator. Galaxy Master,Zzzax and others Hulk has fought many Avengers at the say time and was doing good where as Superman was hurting very bad after fighting one Avenger aka Thor. All in All Hulk has at least a 35% chance of beating Superman.

They only did that to make up for Hulk losing to Superman. Written well, Gladiator should beat Hulk with little trouble.

Originally posted by Wolverine2006
At first superman would be stronger but hulk would just keep getting angrier and stronger and would overpower superman. Hulk sould break the man of steel in 2.

Maybe, but strength alone won't help against speedblitzes, heat vision, freezing breath, and the enormous strength that all those Supermen already possess.

Was it pre-crisis superman, or the current superman

It's current Superman in this thread, which only means it takes about a few seconds longer.

IRTMU-Dragon
The madder the hulk gets, the stronger he gets, Superman never gets mad.

The hulk is one of those god characters who cant be stopped. Or at least thats what everyone thought in the old days of the forums.

spetznaz

The best way to answer this is through a quote ComicCube made: Both of them are really strong. One keeps getting stronger as he gets angrier. The other can exceed light speed, project the heat of a star from his eyes, freeze the oceans with his breath, see through anything but lead, and hear a pin drop half-way across the world.

It is as simple as that .....all the Hulk has is strength.
Superman has strength, plus much much much more.

IRTMU-Dragon
The Hulk has absolutely astonishing regenerative capabilities, he can resist all but the most powerful of nuclear bombs, he has shrugged off guided missiles before, hes resistant to the elements, he can hold his breath until christmas, he gets so incredibly strong that he was able to hold up a mountain at one point he became so powerful, etc.

Who gives a crap if Superman can fly around in circles really fast, see through crap, freeze stuff and melt stuff.

What the hell good is it going to do him? You think The Hulk will just STAND there? Oh god no. And trust me, being hit by that amount of cold, and or heat... He's gonna be in alot of pain, and the hulk no like pain, hulk SMASH PAIN.

Hes just going to get amazingly powerful from being hurt so forecefully so quickly, and the last time I checked, if Superman were to project the heat of a star from his eyes, he'd destroy alot more than the hulk, considering the fact the hulk would actually be killed from the heat since hes withstood nuclear weapons, and the heat from those is incredible.

TheKahn
The 100 Hulks get tossed into space 0.0000001 seconds after the fight starts.

IRTMU-Dragon
Space wouldnt kill hulk. Not even that much pressure would be able to crush him.

And your stupid if you think Superman can actually grab Hulk, and throw him.

TheKahn
Originally posted by IRTMU-Dragon
Space wouldnt kill hulk. Not even that much pressure would be able to crush him.

And your stupid if you think Superman can actually grab Hulk, and throw him.

Its called battle field removal and it counts as a win. yes

And by all means erase my ignorance and explain why a being who can move at light speed cannot grab the Hulk and throw him. What the f**k?

TheKahn
Can anybody help IRTMU-Dragon out and explain for him why Superman can't grab the Hulk and throw him... roll eyes (sarcastic)

IRTMU-Dragon
First of all, were talking about a VS match... Not who can grab someone and throw them into space.

Lets assume The Hulk and Superman are actually fighting here.

TheKahn
First of all, were talking about a VS match... Not who can grab someone and throw them into space.

Lets assume The Hulk and Superman are actually fighting here.

Lets not. In the rules of the forum BFR counts as a win and I believe you said I was "stupid" for saying that the Supermen could use that tactic to win the fight. So I would simply like your explanation as to why such a tactic wouldn't work. smile

If you don't like BFR start your own thread without it or state why it wouldn't work.

IRTMU-Dragon
Ever tried to pick up a bear with rabies?

Alright. Imagine you are superman, and the bear with rabies is the hulk. Try to grab the bear.

spetznaz
The Hulk has absolutely astonishing regenerative capabilities

- So does Superman

he can resist all but the most powerful of nuclear bombs

- So the Hulk can, as YOU said, resist all BUT the most powerful of nuclear bombs.
Hmmm, interesting. You put a limit on the Hulk's ability to withstand atomic detonaitions.
Superman (and note ...CURRENT Superman) has shrugged off a point-blank nuclear blast ....while he was severely poisoned with Kryptonite. He shrugged the thing off, even though he had severe kryptonite poisoning

he has shrugged off guided missiles before

- Goodness, is that your measure? Even Plastic Man can shrug off guided missiles.

hes resistant to the elements

- I cannot even begin to name the number of characters that are 'resistant to the elements'

he can hold his breath until christmas

- Erm, so what? Superman can easily hold his breath, and has even gone on space expeditions with just a lungful of air

he gets so incredibly strong that he was able to hold up a mountain at one point he became so powerful

- I hope you are not using that as proof that the Hulk is stronger than Superman ......holding up mountains ....ooops, I mean A (as in one) mountain ....is nowhere close to some of the higher level strength feats by Superman.

etc.

- Well, you've proved that the Hulk can hold his breath, is 'resistant to the elements,' can shrug off guided missiles and live through nukes.
I'm still waiting to be impressed ......particularly since Superman can do all that and more.

Who gives a crap if Superman can fly around in circles really fast, see through crap, freeze stuff and melt stuff.

- The Hulk would .....he is simpy outclassed

You think The Hulk will just STAND there?

- He could stand still, or he could run and jump and dance the Salsa. He will still seem to be standing stock still to Superman.

Anything else?

TheKahn
Ever tried to pick up a bear with rabies?

Alright. Imagine you are superman, and the bear with rabies is the hulk. Try to grab the bear.

That is it? eer
That's the best you could come up with? The Incredible Hulk is a bear with rabies and therefore Superman can't pick him up.

That is just sad.

Superman can travel and fight at light speed (670,616,629.4 miles per hour) and the nerve impulses in the Hulk's body has never been shown to be faster than a normal human's nerve impulses (30 m/s or about 67 miles per hour). I would say Superman is slightly faster than the Hulk, wouldn't you. Superman could carry the Hulk into orbit before the Hulk's brain has even registered the fight has started and before he could form a single thought.

IRTMU-Dragon
Yeah.

Superman was a character a bunch of DC dorks had a deadline to create, and they waited until 3 A.M. the morning before to make him.

They were probably all sitting around a meeting table, drunk out of their heads... lets take a look inside.

Goon 1: "Ok... Mark... We seriously gotta do this project"
Goon 2: "Alright, fine, get teh... the... markers."
Goon 3: "I got it! We put him in tights... Uhh... Uhh. Hey... Hes a man right? Isnt he powerful? I got the name! Super... Man! ITS PERFECT!"
Goon 1: "Well, with a name like that, what does he have?"
Goon 2: "We'll, we have two hours to finish Superman. What should he have?"
Goon 3: "How about x-ray vision?"
Goon 1: "Ok... What about heat vision and ice breath?"
Goon 2: "Yeah... He's gotta be able to fly and lift buildings"
Goon 1: "Sounds good, we oughta give him an amazing immunity to damage to, and lets give him the ability to heal fast."
Goon 3: "How about resistance to all bombs? Heh... Lets just make him invincible and give him every power there is!"
Goon 2: "They said they wanted something people will be impressed with, they also need a Hero that'll attract alot of Fanboys"
Goon 1: "Alright, so, we've given him every single power available, now, in order for his comic to work out, we gotta do something..."
Goon 3: "Pff, lets give him a really simple weakness... Uhh.. Kryptonite, its a green crystal he cant stand, when hes around it he loses his powers"
Goon 1: "I think were done here. Get the beer to celebrate."

Juntai
There is no logical explanation of how Hulk could beat Superman, or even slow him. He's far too one dimensional.

TheKahn
Yeah.

Superman was a character a bunch of DC dorks had a deadline to create, and they waited until 3 A.M. the morning before to make him.

They were probably all sitting around a meeting table, drunk out of their heads... lets take a look inside.

Goon 3: "I got it! We put him in tights... Uhh... Uhh. Hey... Hes a man right? Isnt he powerful? I got the name! Super... Man! ITS PERFECT!"
Goon 1: "Sounds good, we oughta give him an amazing immunity to damage to, and lets give him the ability to heal fast."
Goon 3: "How about resistance to all bombs? Heh... Lets just make him invincible and give him every power there is!"
Goon 2: "They said they wanted something people will be impressed with, they also need a Hero that'll attract alot of Fanboys"
Goon 1: "Alright, so, we've given him every single power available, now, in order for his comic to work out, we gotta do something..."
Goon 3: "Pff, lets give him a really simple weakness... Uhh.. Kryptonite, its a green crystal he cant stand, when hes around it he loses his powers"

So you've taken an indefensible position and instead of either admitting your mistake or trying to offer evidence to support it, you resort to a meaningless and unoriginal attack on one of the characters. Well, after your brilliant "the Hulk is a rabid bear" theory, I really shouldn't be surprised that this is the best you can do.

spetznaz
Originally posted by TheKahn
So you've taken an indefensible position and instead of either admitting your mistake or trying to offer evidence to support it, you resort to a meaningless and unoriginal attack on one of the characters. Well, after your brilliant "the Hulk is a rabid bear" theory, I really shouldn't be surprised that this is the best you can do.

LOL.

Let him be. He has obviously run out of logical things to say, and thus he has resorted to nonsense.

For one I knew this dude had nothing to say when he stated that the Hulk could 'shrug off guided missiles' and 'hold his breath.'
That was too sad.
Maybe next he'll say that the Hulk can walk, or that he is able to sit down, and that he has emotions.

TheKahn
LOL.

Let him be. He has obviously run out of logical things to say, and thus he has resorted to nonsense.

For one I knew this dude had nothing to say when he stated that the Hulk could 'shrug of guided missiles' and 'hold his breath.'
That was too sad.
Maybe next he'll say that the Hulk can walk, or that he is able to sit down, and that he has emotions.

Ok, spetznaz. I understand now wink

spetznaz
Ok, spetznaz. I understand now wink big grin

zachrivard
LOL.

For one I knew this dude had nothing to say when he stated that the Hulk could 'shrug off guided missiles' and 'hold his breath.'
That was too sad.
lmfao

Morgrulesall
Hulk should take the majority vs Supes.Just look Supes/DD fight

TheKahn
Originally posted by Morgrulesall
Hulk should take the majority vs Supes.Just look Supes/DD fight

DD had super-speed. Superman stated as much during their fight. Hulk has never shown anything near Superman speed.

Femi32
Yeah.

This is all wrong. When Superman was created, he was only faster than a speeding bullet, invulnerable to anything less than a cannon shell (bombs could hurt him), and couldn't fly, use x-ray or heat vision, or arctic breath. As the years went on, he got more powerful.

Oh, the Supermen win.

Marcus4600
Anyone want Barbeque sauce on their Hulk?

Femi32
Nope. I want steak. stick out tongue

zachrivard
yo quiero taco bell

Marcus4600
Can we fit Hulk meat into a taco shell?

zachrivard
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Can we fit Hulk meat into a taco shell?
i think so

Marcus4600
Alright then. One Hulk taco coming right up.

I don't know why I find it so fun to think of barbecuing The Hulk.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Alright then. One Hulk taco coming right up.

I don't know why I find it so fun to think of barbecuing The Hulk.

HULK not like barbecue...

Wolverine2006
Mindless hulk would beat superman, savage hulk would beat superman, and smart hulk almost beat superman.

Juntai
Mindless hulk would beat superman, savage hulk would beat superman, and smart hulk almost beat superman. No Hulk can really beat Superman, when you account for their powers. Mindless might get stronger than him, but none of them have what it takes to beat him.

ChaoticReign
Originally posted by Juntai
No Hulk can really beat Superman, when you account for their powers. Mindless might get stronger than him, but none of them have what it takes to beat him. This man speaks the truth. Read his sig. A superman not holding back and just fighting to win stomps any hulk.

batdude123
Superman has got way too many offensive capabilities to fall victim to the Hulk.

Wolverine2006
Doomsday beat superman and doesnt doomsday have just superstrength

TheKahn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_%28comics%29
"Superman-level endurance, reflexes, and strength. Very limited intellect (initially), but high willpower. Regenerates after death, immune to whatever circumstance killed it."

I would think that he also has some super speed but you could also just say its "super reflexes" I guess.

zachrivard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_%28comics%29
"Superman-level endurance, reflexes, and strength. Very limited intellect (initially), but high willpower. Regenerates after death, immune to whatever circumstance killed it."

I would think that he also has some super speed but you could also just say its "super reflexes" I guess.
doomsday is bada$$

spideycarnage
damm i hate this thread sick

batdude123

Doomsday would kick Hulks ass.

spideycarnage
no he wont it would be a stailmate, but eventually hulk would get stonger than him.. but it depends on wat version of DD

ChaoticReign
Well I knew that would come up. Every time hulk vs. superman comes up some says "but what about doomsday". Doomsday was nearly as fast as superman. Not only that superman fought for a long time with him depleting his energy reserves. He fought stupid by the time he realized just how tough doomsday was and went full out he was weakening too much to survive the fight. Not to mention superman is much more powerful now. Like when he met doomsday in front of the white house and put him down in like 2 panels and only a couple of hits.

Oh and doomsday if far more durable than hulk. It wouldn't be a stalemate.

Wolverine2006
Savage hulk has all of these except the death stuff. Except huk gets stronger the angrier he gets and there is no limit to how strong he gets.

hulk=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_%28comics%29

superman=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_%28comics%29

This makes it easier big grin

big grin big grin big grin big grin

TheKahn
Savage hulk has all of these except the death stuff. Except huk gets stronger the angrier he gets and there is no limit to how strong he gets.

hulk=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_%28comics%29

superman=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_%28comics%29

This makes it easier big grin

big grin big grin big grin big grin

The Hulk has never shown the level of speed needed to match Superman. This is the best picture I've found to demonstrate just how fast Superman (and technically Doomsday) really are:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6733/supespeed6kt6ri.th.jpg

Hulk just doesn't have (and has not demonstrated) the speed to keep up with Superman.

spideycarnage
yo kahn, u have scans of doomsday fighting anyone using superspeed? i thought everytime doomsday and superman hooked up, superman dident use superspeed.

Wolverine2006
Ya some Doomsday superspeed scans would be good

Hit and Run
doomsday is bada$$
Damn straight

Originally posted by spideycarnage
damm i hate this thread sick
Damn straight.

Juntai
Ya some Doomsday superspeed scans would be good Well, you don't really have scans of him leaving blurrs, typical of certain superspeed characters like Superman and Flash . But if you READ his appearances, you get the idea. When the JLA confronted him, Guy Gardner, tried to attack him and got speedblitzed, Guy said Doomsday was so fast he couldn't think. Later in the same comic, Superman said he had to put everything he had into it to match Doomsday's speed and strength, and numerous times exclaimed at how amazing those attributes about Doomsday were. Booster Gold claimed Doomsday was faster than Flash.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Juntai
Well, you don't really have scans of him leaving blurrs, typical of certain superspeed characters like Superman and Flash . But if you READ his appearances, you get the idea. When the JLA confronted him, Guy Gardner, tried to confront him and got speedblitzed, Guy said Doomsday was so fast he couldn't think. Later in the same comic, Superman said he had to put everything he had into it to match Doomsday's speed and strength, and numerous times exclaimed at how amazing those attributes about Doomsday were. Booster Gold claimed Doomsday was faster than Flash.

Juntai is right. It's not an aspect of his power that they showcased (like his strength and durability), so much as they stated and had to exist for him to take on Superman and the JLA who has many speedsters. The Doomsday respect thread is a little light right now http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t395936.html

But here is a pretty good feat from DD taking on mutilple Gogs
http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=acsm825118gg.jpg

Wolverine2006
Savage hulk still gets too angry and over powers superman...it wouldnt matter how fast he would be then.

Wolverine2006
This is way off subject but does anyone know where to find pics of ultimate abomination?

batdude123
Savage hulk still gets too angry and over powers superman...it wouldnt matter how fast he would be then.

You can't hit what you can't see. wink

TheKahn

Doesn't matter how strong Hulk is. He can't touch a properly written Superman no

Superman can vibrate so fast he is practically intangible. Here is Superman messing with DD's head after he evolved intelligence
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5223/supermanfast3ar5xd.th.jpg

ChaoticReign
Why does everyone insist superman is going to sit there and play with himself until hulk gets mad enough to actually hurt him and then continue to stand there while hulk hits him? Hulk isn't even going to see him he's just going to feel the moon-shattering punches and that amazingly hot heat vision.

Wolverine2006
Hulk'll snatch him and tear him up

ChaoticReign
Hulk'll snatch him and tear him up Snatch him how? Superman can think and operate so fast that hulk will apear motionless.

Wolverine2006
This is way off subject but does anyone know where to find pics of ultimate abomination?

big grin

zachrivard
bump

batdude123
Supermen 100/10.

badabing
Hulk smash puny caped man.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/sp.jpg
shifty

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
Hulk smash puny caped man.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/sp.jpg
shifty

Yeah, that would happen. roll eyes (sarcastic) Show the one where Hulk tried to punch Superman and Superman didn't even get effected, just stood there. laughing

badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
Yeah, that would happen. roll eyes (sarcastic) Show the one where Hulk tried to punch Superman and Superman didn't even get effected, just stood there. laughing
I know. I was using tactics that some other forum members employ. laughing

zachrivard
el bumpo

Priest
damm not this thread again wacko

SuperChangeling
Originally posted by batdude123
Supermen 100/10.

Hulk 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000/1

zachrivard
the supermen will kill the hulks

Reaper777
Originally posted by SuperChangeling
Hulk 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000/1

Dude im sorry, I like the hulk too but i think superman could take him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.