Iori Yagami vs Terry Bogard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

brainchild81
Iori Yagami Vs. Terry Bogard. Who wins?

carrotgl4z3
Half moon vs Star

shin_remy
terry

IcePunk
Iori will rip Terrys throat and then eat him or just do this http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/orochiioriyagami18/userfiles/Iori_Yagami.gif to him

brainchild81
Vote!

2D_MASTER
I say Terry, Iori has never beat Kyo. So thus he is not as powerfull as Kyo, I doubt anybody would disagree with this. Terry is also weaker than Kyo, according to SNK. according to KOF Terry and the fatal fury team have made it to the finals EVERY YEAR, most likely because of Terry since Andy and Joe are weak ass hell. So I would say that Terry would win because he has twice the experience than Yagami.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
I say Terry, Iori has never beat Kyo. So thus he is not as powerfull as Kyo, I doubt anybody would disagree with this. Terry is also weaker than Kyo, according to SNK. according to KOF Terry and the fatal fury team have made it to the finals EVERY YEAR, most likely because of Terry since Andy and Joe are weak ass hell. So I would say that Terry would win because he has twice the experience than Yagami.

I have to make a correction there. SNK never said the Terry was weaker than Kyo just that Kyo was created to hold his own with Terry and such.

I also think Terry would win due to his experience factor. Iori's mission is or was to kill Kyo and he hasnt done that....though Iori fanboys will tell me otherwise.

Darkstorm Zero
I personally feel that Iori would not go down easily... my feelings for this are simple, although Iori has never beated Kyo, he has much more dedication to training. And also, Kyo has never actually beaten Iori, so what does that say? Speaking of which, Terry has never beated Kyo either...

Oh boy this is going to bring up some bad stuff...

P-Geyser
I agree that Iori would not go down that easily. Iori has had a hard ass life where as Kyo has had a rich comforatable one. Iori has always been programmed by clan elders that Kusanagi was enemy and he had to train hard to exact vengenace for the Yagami Clan.

Also it never said that Kyo official beat Terry as well but there have been many books(which i have) that have all different scenerios. Even Kaliu Lantis stated that his story was not accurate. Anyways I think Terry would win he wont win easily but in the end I think he would win.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I personally feel that Iori would not go down easily... my feelings for this are simple, although Iori has never beated Kyo, he has much more dedication to training. And also, Kyo has never actually beaten Iori, so what does that say? Speaking of which, Terry has never beated Kyo either...

Oh boy this is going to bring up some bad stuff...
Originally posted by P-Geyser
I agree that Iori would not go down that easily. Iori has had a hard ass life where as Kyo has had a rich comforatable one. Iori has always been programmed by clan elders that Kusanagi was enemy and he had to train hard to exact vengenace for the Yagami Clan.

Also it never said that Kyo official beat Terry as well but there have been many books(which i have) that have all different scenerios. Even Kaliu Lantis stated that his story was not accurate. Anyways I think Terry would win he wont win easily but in the end I think he would win.
yeah i think SNK doesnt want to upset the fans of thier most powerfull (and popular) characters such as, ryo, terry, kyo and Iori. So they never really tell who beat who and when. its quite confusing. stupid SNK. At least Capcom is clear about that sort of thing.

shin_remy
indeed thats why i made a snk ranking in the com/games forum^_^

but ontopic it think terry will kick his ass

brainchild81
I think Iori's too powerful for Terry. I don't think Iori ever gets the chance to fight Kyo. Isn't that why he f**ks his teammates up after they get eliminated?

P-Geyser
Actually they have had a chance to fight, but the fight was interrupted due to Chizuru and them teaming up to take on Orochi. Usually everytime they have a fight, it is always interrupted.... in the HK comics, Manga etc. Since Iori is so popular if he were to lose to Kyo ,fanboys would go balistic I think so they usually keep it as a tie.

Krauser was stronger and more powerful than Terry and look what happened.

brainchild81
I think Kyo or Iori'd also put the hurt on Krauser

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by brainchild81
I think Kyo or Iori'd also put the hurt on Krauser

Yeah well Terry defeated Krauser when he was still very young he has gotten many, many times more powerfull since then. So the the Krauser victory isnt really a good gauge.

carrotgl4z3
Hello Guys! Well KOF XI is here in our country nahh just sharing!

carrotgl4z3
The Hungry Wolf will win...

SaTsuJiN
if its not blood-riot (orochi) yagami.. then he doesnt stand a chance against terry

brainchild81
Why not? He's still got the orochi fire.

carrotgl4z3
Terry Still Win even if Iori is in Blood riot (orochi). Y? Just read the Comics of SVC.

brainchild81
Originally posted by carrotgl4z3
Terry Still Win even if Iori is in Blood riot (orochi). Y? Just read the Comics of SVC. Iori was beating the Hell out of Terry and then just stopped. Then Terry tried to take advantage of the situation and Balrog(boxer) punched him out of a window. Vega had to save him. I think Terry was already hurt before he started fighting Iori though. Has Pt 2 been released in the U.S. yet?

P-Geyser
Iori was beating the Hell out of Terry and then just stopped. Then Terry tried to take advantage of the situation and Balrog(boxer) punched him out of a window. Vega had to save him. I think Terry was already hurt before he started fighting Iori though. Has Pt 2 been released in the U.S. yet?

The HK comics are baised and have no idea of the characters true strengths. Iori beats TEAMS by himself in those comics. The writers will always make Terry lose for dumbass reasons.

brainchild81
What does HK mean?

P-Geyser
What does HK mean?

Hong Kong.

brainchild81
ThanxOriginally posted by P-Geyser
The HK comics are baised and have no idea of the characters true strengths. Iori beats TEAMS by himself in those comics. The writers will always make Terry lose for dumbass reasons. Could it be that Iori is just that tuff & ruff & stuff? Iori beats his own teammates up, I don't think numbers matter to him that much. Is there anybody you think can beat Terry without a dumbass reason?

P-Geyser
ThanxCould it be that Iori is just that tuff & ruff & stuff? Iori beats his own teammates up, I don't think numbers matter to him that much. Is there anybody you think can beat Terry without a dumbass reason?

Iori acts like a DBZ god in those comics, it's retarted. He tools the teams like they were nobody's and those that actually know SNK characters know that would not happen. Plus if he is "about to lose" he gets saved. He did lose once in the comic BUT he got to make a comeback but once other characters get defeated such as Fatal Fury,Art Of Fighting, Pyscho Soldiers and Ikari Warriors...they stay Defeated.

As for Terry, knowing who his character actually is, it pisses me when he loses as I said for dumbass reasons. Dont get me wrong as I have already told you Terry can win and he can lose but the way he is potrayed in those comics the HK writers should be shot on sight.

The only two matches that Terry did not lose for a dumbass reasons is when he fought Ryo and K". Ofcourse the HK baised writers had Terry lose but Terry fought K' and Ryo the way he would have. He gave Ryo and K' a hard time. It wasn't the B.S. like Kyo and Iori do when the just breeze past Terry and Co.

P-Geyser
Whoops I made a mistake I mean to say there were two times were Terry lost that was not for a dumbass reason.

2D_MASTER
Iori was beating the Hell out of Terry and then just stopped. Then Terry tried to take advantage of the situation and Balrog(boxer) punched him out of a window. Vega had to save him. I think Terry was already hurt before he started fighting Iori though. Has Pt 2 been released in the U.S. yet?

Yeah he had his arm wrapped up like he was already hurt. I guess that has sumthing to do with why riot blood iori whomped on him.

brainchild81
Iori acts like a DBZ god in those comics, it's retarted. He tools the teams like they were nobody's and those that actually know SNK characters know that would not happen. Plus if he is "about to lose" he gets saved. He did lose once in the comic BUT he got to make a comeback but once other characters get defeated such as Fatal Fury,Art Of Fighting, Pyscho Soldiers and Ikari Warriors...they stay Defeated.

As for Terry, knowing who his character actually is, it pisses me when he loses as I said for dumbass reasons. Dont get me wrong as I have already told you Terry can win and he can lose but the way he is potrayed in those comics the HK writers should be shot on sight.

The only two matches that Terry did not lose for a dumbass reasons is when he fought Ryo and K". Ofcourse the HK baised writers had Terry lose but Terry fought K' and Ryo the way he would have. He gave Ryo and K' a hard time. It wasn't the B.S. like Kyo and Iori do when the just breeze past Terry and Co. So it's cool if Iori beats Terry, but Terry gives him a hard way to go? They've had Kyo & Iori breeze through Terry & Co.? Any scans?

brainchild81
Yeah he had his arm wrapped up like he was already hurt. I guess that has sumthing to do with why riot blood iori whomped on him. I think he'd have gotten whomped on anyway. Do they ever show how Terry got messed up in the 1st place?

P-Geyser
So it's cool if Iori beats Terry, but Terry gives him a hard way to go? They've had Kyo & Iori breeze through Terry & Co.? Any scans?

I never said it was cool....Iori is insanley overpowered which is not cool at all as I said the author is baised when it comes to Iori.

I dont have any of those sh!thole comics nor do I ever want to. Try looking for some sites that has japenese comics...when the KOFONLINE site was around it had plenty of scans.

Mega_Smasher
Iori Yagami is beautiful and he's my husband but Terri would kick his ass, no problem.

carrotgl4z3
Originally posted by Mega_Smasher
Iori Yagami is beautiful and he's my husband but Terri would kick his ass, no problem.

Really? How Come? Terry Can Has The Ability to defeat his oponents down. Terry Would Lose One time but in the second & another Chances You Cant defeat the Lone Wolf Any More...

carrotgl4z3
Terry Wins... Even if they Fought at the 1st time.

brainchild81
I never said it was cool....Iori is insanley overpowered which is not cool at all as I said the author is baised when it comes to Iori.

I dont have any of those sh!thole comics nor do I ever want to. Try looking for some sites that has japenese comics...when the KOFONLINE site was around it had plenty of scans. I just got part 2 of the SVC:Chaos comic. You'd love it & I'm not trying to be a wisea$$. Also on a side note KEN IS A F**KING BEAST(& so is Geese)

Gouki
Sennou Ken or regular Ken?

brainchild81
Both. They do an origin of Ken in that book. Ken and Geese are on the cover. Good stuff. He talks of using his "Violent Technique". Geese takes out a number of fighters @ once very easily and then Ken shows up and takes him on by himself and is winning until the fight is interrupted.

Tha C-Master
Damn... thats deep...

SaTsuJiN
lol.. ken beating up geese.. that must be a sloppy comic.. erm

Tha C-Master
That was a bit imbalanced though... I'll agree there...

brainchild81
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. ken beating up geese.. that must be a sloppy comic.. erm Nah. Buy it and see for yourself. The book says Ken's @ least as good as Ryu & Gouken(their master). Ryu'd beat Geese up if Terry(Geese must've been coked up that day) did it, and so would Ken. Also, Bison comments that Geese is much improved. Ken hadn't won yet, but he was winning until Mars People showed up. It was great though. 2 of the greatest & coolest fighting each other.

P-Geyser
Nah. Buy it and see for yourself. The book says Ken's @ least as good as Ryu & Gouken(their master). Ryu'd beat Geese up if Terry(Geese must've been coked up that day) did it, and so would Ken. Also, Bison comments that Geese is much improved. Ken hadn't won yet, but he was winning until Mars People showed up. It was great though. 2 of the greatest & coolest fighting each other.

Uh... no Terry deafeated Geese fair and square. I bet the SvC comic is better than the KOF one's.

SaTsuJiN
Nah. Buy it and see for yourself. The book says Ken's @ least as good as Ryu & Gouken(their master). Ryu'd beat Geese up if Terry(Geese must've been coked up that day) did it, and so would Ken. Also, Bison comments that Geese is much improved. Ken hadn't won yet, but he was winning until Mars People showed up. It was great though. 2 of the greatest & coolest fighting each other.

I'm pretty sure ken has lost to ryu on numerous occasions.. which just means he's a wreckless fighter... ryu and terry are more closely matched than ken and ryu.. terry defeated geese fairly.. its the typical 'boss' character to underestimate their enemies.. just makes them easier to beat.. but geese has the power of resurrection anyway.. and I love how "he was just about to win when the fight got interrupted".. thats soooo typical.. sick I cant believe you support that story line.. the artwork must be really good... confused

but back to the terry v iori thing... in that animated short "KoF Another day"... Iori had a bit of a struggle dealing with Soiree or whatever that dudes name is that does capoiera (and no it wasnt yashiro.. was one of those new "2k" kof characters)

2D_MASTER
I'm pretty sure ken has lost to ryu on numerous occasions.. which just means he's a wreckless fighter... ryu and terry are more closely matched than ken and ryu.. terry defeated geese fairly.. its the typical 'boss' character to underestimate their enemies.. just makes them easier to beat.. but geese has the power of resurrection anyway.. and I love how "he was just about to win when the fight got interrupted".. thats soooo typical.. sick I cant believe you support that story line.. the artwork must be really good... confused

but back to the terry v iori thing... in that animated short "KoF Another day"... Iori had a bit of a struggle dealing with Soiree or whatever that dudes name is that does capoiera (and no it wasnt yashiro.. was one of those new "2k" kof characters)

Yeah you see Iori lost his flames, in the storyline thus he had a hard time with Soiree. The thing is with Kyo and Iori, they are like superheros (ther powers are gifts), they can lose thier powers. People like Terry and Ryo would never lose thier powers becuase they earned thier powers, so if Iori lost his flames like he did in KOF another day, Terry would busterwolf Iori's ass to the moon.

brainchild81
I'm pretty sure ken has lost to ryu on numerous occasions..Well if you're pretty sure it's got to be trueroll eyes (sarcastic)
which just means he's a wreckless fighter.. ryu and terry are more closely matched than ken and ryuNot really. If Ken was to get serious with the training or go all out, he'd likely beat Ryu. Terry on the other hand can only hope to give Ryu or Ken a hard time no matter how much he trains.
... terry defeated geese fairly.. its the typical 'boss' character to underestimate their enemies.. just makes them easier to beat.. but geese has the power of resurrection anyway.. and I love how "he was just about to win when the fight got interrupted".. thats soooo typical.. sick I cant believe you support that story line..What you believe is really important to me tooroll eyes (sarcastic) When you think about it, there aren't that many possibilities for the outcome of a fight. I'm guessing they'll settle it later. I love how you're making a judgment on the storyline without knowing much about it. Makes you feel witty doesn't it? Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the artwork must be really good... confused
but back to the terry v iori thing... in that animated short "KoF Another day"... Iori had a bit of a struggle dealing with Soiree or whatever that dudes name is that does capoiera (and no it wasnt yashiro.. was one of those new "2k" kof characters) Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Yeah you see Iori lost his flames, in the storyline thus he had a hard time with Soiree.Thanks for giving the whole story, unlike some people. laughing
The thing is with Kyo and Iori, they are like superheros (ther powers are gifts), they can lose thier powers. People like Terry and Ryo would never lose thier powers becuase they earned thier powers, so if Iori lost his flames like he did in KOF another day, Terry would busterwolf Iori's ass to the moon. smileToo bad Iori's got his powers here. With 'em he turns Terry into some o' them "French fried potaters". It cracks me up how people want to lose the flames so Terry can have a chance. Where might one find KOF Another Day?Originally posted by P-Geyser
Uh... no Terry deafeated Geese fair and square. I bet the SvC comic is better than the KOF one's. You'd love Part 2.

brainchild81
Nevermind. Found it @ youtube.com

P-Geyser
No no and no again... you keep underestamting the true power of Terry Bogard. To say Terry can HOPE to give Ryu and Ken a hard time is very laughable. Terry would give Ryu and Ken a better match than Kyo, Iori or K.

I never said that I wanted Kyo and Iori to lose their flames, so Terry can have a chance as you so like to put it. Even with them flames the Lone Wolf aint losing to them. I dont know if I would call them superhero's...well come to think of it as I said DBZ characters but only this happens in the Kof comics.

"Thanks for giving the whole story, unlike some people."

Is this suppose to be another shot or what? I told you I DO NOT HAVE THE COMICS is that hard to understand? If I did I would gladly scan them.

brainchild81
You are mistaken. That was a lil' jab @ satsujin, not you. Now you've hurt my feelingssad Just kidding. I was talking to 2D about losing the flames. You're a real hotheadlaughing Relax dude.

2D_MASTER
Well if you're pretty sure it's got to be trueroll eyes (sarcastic)
Not really. If Ken was to get serious with the training or go all out, he'd likely beat Ryu. Terry on the other hand can only hope to give Ryu or Ken a hard time no matter how much he trains.
What you believe is really important to me tooroll eyes (sarcastic) When you think about it, there aren't that many possibilities for the outcome of a fight. I'm guessing they'll settle it later. I love how you're making a judgment on the storyline without knowing much about it. Makes you feel witty doesn't it? Thanks for giving the whole story, unlike some people. laughing
smileToo bad Iori's got his powers here. With 'em he turns Terry into some o' them "French fried potaters". It cracks me up how people want to lose the flames so Terry can have a chance. Where might one find KOF Another Day?You'd love Part 2.

Too bad all of that is YOUR OPINION. Capcom seems to think differently Terry actually rivals with Ken, according to the cross over games (special intros and dialouge proves this). Capcom wouldnt make Ken go against a pushover, just because YOU THINK Terry isnt on Ken or Ryu tier doesnt mean Capcom or Snk doesnt.

P-Geyser
You are mistaken. That was a lil' jab @ satsujin, not you. Now you've hurt my feelingssad Just kidding. I was talking to 2D about losing the flames. You're a real hotheadlaughing Relax dude.

My fault... sorry dude.

brainchild81
it's coolOriginally posted by 2D_MASTER
Too bad all of that is YOUR OPINION. Capcom seems to think differently Terry actually rivals with Ken, according to the cross over games (special intros and dialouge proves this). Capcom wouldnt make Ken go against a pushover, just because YOU THINK Terry isnt on Ken or Ryu tier doesnt mean Capcom or Snk doesnt. I didn't say he wasn't in their tier, I was just saying I don't think he can beat them. Ken also has a special intro w/Ryu. The action figures made for CVS2 are Ryu, Ken, Iori, & Kyo though. I don't think Terry got one. Iori got an intro w/Bison, but I don't really see them as rivals. I've just finished watching KOF Another day 1-3. It's good so far. Iori's still badass w/out the flames. See him throw Soiree thru the car window? I hope he kicks Ash's ass for stealing his powers.

2D_MASTER
it's cool I didn't say he wasn't in their tier, I was just saying I don't think he can beat them. Ken also has a special intro w/Ryu. The action figures made for CVS2 are Ryu, Ken, Iori, & Kyo though. I don't think Terry got one. Iori got an intro w/Bison, but I don't really see them as rivals. I've just finished watching KOF Another day 1-3. It's good so far. Iori's still badass w/out the flames. See him throw Soiree thru the car window? I hope he kicks Ash's ass for stealing his powers.

Well i can respect that, it just seems like you think that Terry is a total bum. Anyways, Ken and Iori did not get a special intro in CVS2. And I wasnt just talking about CVS2 I was also talkign about the SVC dialouge between Terry and Ken, as well as the fact that Ken and Terry's story lines intertwine in Match of the Milenium.
As for KOF anohter day, I do hope that Iori kicks Ash's ass too, much like he did with Soriee. I also wish that Guile would randomly jump in and help Iori (not that he needs it) kill that sod, for stealing Guiles moves.

P-Geyser
it's cool I didn't say he wasn't in their tier, I was just saying I don't think he can beat them. Ken also has a special intro w/Ryu. The action figures made for CVS2 are Ryu, Ken, Iori, & Kyo though. I don't think Terry got one. Iori got an intro w/Bison, but I don't really see them as rivals. I've just finished watching KOF Another day 1-3. It's good so far. Iori's still badass w/out the flames. See him throw Soiree thru the car window? I hope he kicks Ash's ass for stealing his powers.

There is one thing I can agree on with you. Ash has got to BE THE WORST DESIGN playmore can come up with...ugh jesus and why the hell does he make it in MI 2 is beyond me.

You also stated that if Ken was serious he would beat Ryu....I wonder what would "Hoshi" and the Ryu fans think on that.

Yeah there was a figure lineup and there was a Terry figure...I know cause I have it...here is the pic of the figure.

http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/12_03/terry.jpg
http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/12_03/terry%20back%20side.jpg
http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/12_03/ryu.jpg
http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/12_03/iron3.jpg
http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/12_03/ken2.jpg
http://411images.com/figures/other/CvsS20012.jpg
http://411images.com/figures/other/CvsS21008.jpg
http://411images.com/figures/other/CvsS20007.jpg

These figures are from the Capcom vs SNK 2 line imported from Japan. Only Terry,Iori,Ryu and Ken were made(NO KYO) and notice how they have Terry and Ryu pitted against each other.

brainchild81
Now I'm confused as Hell. I've got Ken, but mine isn't that skinny. Mine would beat the hell out of him. Must have been 2 sets made by 2 different companies.My action figure

The whole set

carrotgl4z3
I HAVE A QUESTIONS GUYS??? IS KOF ANOTHER DAY RELATED TO KOF MI???

carrotgl4z3
Just Look at this XBOX GAMES

http://www.kofmi.com/images/kof-combo-xbox.gif
http://www.kofmi.com/images/xbox_kofmx.jpg

SaTsuJiN
Well if you're pretty sure it's got to be trueroll eyes (sarcastic)
Not really. If Ken was to get serious with the training or go all out, he'd likely beat Ryu. Terry on the other hand can only hope to give Ryu or Ken a hard time no matter how much he trains.
What you believe is really important to me tooroll eyes (sarcastic) When you think about it, there aren't that many possibilities for the outcome of a fight. I'm guessing they'll settle it later. I love how you're making a judgment on the storyline without knowing much about it. Makes you feel witty doesn't it? Thanks for giving the whole story, unlike some people. laughing
smileToo bad Iori's got his powers here. With 'em he turns Terry into some o' them "French fried potaters". It cracks me up how people want to lose the flames so Terry can have a chance. Where might one find KOF Another Day?You'd love Part 2.

lets see... opinion , opinion, opinion and ... opinion?.. gee.. these 'facts' of yours are truely astounding... actually I feel more witty for your having read that crap laughing out loud I would only touch it to see the artwork

lol.. if you 'think' iori would beat up terry thats a whole different story.. just like I find dbz-esque comic writing a pile of garbage.. (i.e. one person suddenly doing what he wasnt even close to be capable of doing a few episodes before, but just for plot's sake...)

however its quite obvious you made this thread with intent to have terry lose...

I HAVE A QUESTIONS GUYS??? IS KOF ANOTHER DAY RELATED TO KOF MI???
soiree originated from MI series didnt he?.. mai and athena were also in it... it was so short that its nearly pointless to watch, save for the iori v soiree battle

brainchild81
lets see... opinion , opinion, opinion and ... opinion?.. gee..Last time I checked, this was a forum. You do realize people post opinions on forums right? embarrasment But I guess you think you've posted nothing but facts like the famous Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I'm pretty sure ken has lost to ryu on numerous occasions..Yeah that's awesome that you're pretty sure. So awesome. How about this one?
ryu and terry are more closely matched than ken and ryu..That's so obviously a fact, just because you said itroll eyes (sarcastic)

Next we have you posting something that's obviously very important to the topic of Iori Vs Terry Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
in that animated short "KoF Another day"... Iori had a bit of a struggle dealing with Soiree or whatever that dudes name is that does capoiera (and no it wasnt yashiro.. was one of those new "2k" kof characters) I guess I should've changed my vote right there.roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean, clearly, if an Iori who's been robbed of his powers(A fact that you either didn't know or flat out neglected to post) has the slightest bit of a struggle with Soiree, that proves 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt that Terry'd crush him, with or without the flames. You've done it man. You've changed my mind with that air-tight prooflaughing

these 'facts' of yours are truely astounding... actually I feel more witty for your having read that crap laughing out loud I would only touch it to see the artworkWow. Me having read it makes you feel more witty. That makes a lot of sense. I'm jealous of how you're able to determine it's crappiness without having ever read it. You rule man!!! Only an absolute genius would jump to conclusions like that. roll eyes (sarcastic) My 'facts' are just as good as yours. Actually they're better because I don't leave important facts(like Iori having been robbed of his powers) out like you do. I @least try to give the whole story and be objective. Notice how I didn't conveniently leave out that Terry was already hurt before fighting Iori? Wouldn't have been right. Wouldn't have been brainchild.smile I'm better than that.

lol.. if you 'think' iori would beat up terry thats a whole different story.. just like I find dbz-esque comic writing a pile of garbage.. (i.e. one person suddenly doing what he wasnt even close to be capable of doing a few episodes before, but just for plot's sake...)

however its quite obvious you made this thread with intent to have terry lose...
Wrong once again. I made this thread to hear opinions and I don't fault you for placing yours. It is lame that you make assumptions about people and books without knowing about them but I guess that's just you. It's honestly a bad habit you should try to get out of though. Marines call assumption "the mother of all F**kups". I'm just trying to help.

SaTsuJiN
Actually in regards to terry being wounded you said "i think".. which shows a slight doubt.. had to be confirmed by another poster

and think about the writing.. vega.. who's supposed to be one of the upper tier of bisons cronies, is suddenly going to decide that saving terry is the right thing to do?.. gimme a break... in this case it has nothing to do with assumption.. when you see crappy contents.. its safe to say the overall subject material is crap.. it doesnt take marines to judge good story writing.. so including that tidbit was a bit of a marine "f**kup" as well...

terry is the ryu of his series.. which makes andy the ken of said series.. ryu beats bison.. terry beats geese.. they resemble eachother more than you'd like to think..

I havent, nor will I ever make assumptions about people.. books and things created by people are are a different story..and are subject to much typicality.. which is something that becomes monotonous and very difficult to enjoy over time..

its nice that you say you respect peoples opinions.. but your actions arent really showing it.. no

shin_remy

terry is the ryu of his series.. which makes andy the ken of said series..

OMG

WHahhahahah sorry but terry and ken are rivals. good rivals!!

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by shin_remy
OMG

WHahhahahah sorry but terry and ken are rivals. good rivals!!

hehe.. you're falling to the japan syndrome... they only matched them both up cuz they're from america.. has nothing to do with their fighting prowess.. can you tell me what ken and terrys power levels were in the card games? smile

brainchild81
Actually in regards to terry being wounded you said "i think".. which shows a slight doubt.. had to be confirmed by another posterSo? That's because I wasn't sure because I hadn't read it in a while. @ least I tried to give the whole story and not leaving parts out to make Terry seem weak. What about you?

and think about the writing.. vega.. who's supposed to be one of the upper tier of bisons cronies, is suddenly going to decide that saving terry is the right thing to do?... gimme a break... in this case it has nothing to do with assumption..It has everything to do with assumption. You assume Vega just saved him and again you're wrong. Bison told him to save him if I remember right. Bison wanted him so he could test out O.Iori. That right there proves that you lack enough knowledge of the material to make a sound judgment. Thanks for proving me right.

. when you see crappy contents.. its safe to say the overall subject material is crap.. it doesnt take marines to judge good story writing.. so including that tidbit was a bit of a marine "f**kup" as well...No it wasn't. You obviously didn't get the message because you assumed Vega just decided to be nice and you were totally wrong. Again. Please @least skim over the book @ your local comic shop if it's possible. You don't even have to buy it. Read it in the store. Then your comments will have some validity and they won't just be incorrect assumptions. I could see if you were "batting 1000" with these assumptions, but you're not. Why not just stop making them? There does seem to be problems with the translations in the book though.

terry is the ryu of his series.. which makes andy the ken of said series.. ryu beats bison.. terry beats geese.. they resemble eachother more than you'd like to think..Terry used to be the Ryu of his series. Not anymore.

I havent, nor will I ever make assumptions about people.. books and things created by people are are a different story..and are subject to much typicality.. which is something that becomes monotonous and very difficult to enjoy over time.. But you haven't been right with these assumptions. You assumed I made the thread for Terry to lose. I didn't. That's an assumption about a person. An incorrect one.

its nice that you say you respect peoples opinions.. but your actions arent really showing it.. no Yes I am. I can't help it if you're making your opinions based on false assumptions. Lets just get on with the debate dude.Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
hehe.. you're falling to the japan syndrome... they only matched them both up cuz they're from america.. has nothing to do with their fighting prowess...Is that another assumption? Why didn't they just match him w/Guile?

SaTsuJiN
So? That's because I wasn't sure because I hadn't read it in a while. @ least I tried to give the whole story and not leaving parts out to make Terry seem weak. What about you?

It has everything to do with assumption. You assume Vega just saved him and again you're wrong. Bison told him to save him if I remember right. Bison wanted him so he could test out O.Iori. That right there proves that you lack enough knowledge of the material to make a sound judgment. Thanks for proving me right.

No it wasn't. You obviously didn't get the message because you assumed Vega just decided to be nice and you were totally wrong. Again. Please @least skim over the book @ your local comic shop if it's possible. You don't even have to buy it. Read it in the store. Then your comments will have some validity and they won't just be incorrect assumptions. I could see if you were "batting 1000" with these assumptions, but you're not. Why not just stop making them? There does seem to be problems with the translations in the book though.

Terry used to be the Ryu of his series. Not anymore.

But you haven't been right with these assumptions. You assumed I made the thread for Terry to lose. I didn't. That's an assumption about a person. An incorrect one.

Yes I am. I can't help it if you're making your opinions based on false assumptions. Lets just get on with the debate dude.Is that another assumption? Why didn't they just match him w/Guile?

lol hows Ken vs Terry matchup an assumption.. they paired up ryu and kyo because they're japanese.. when I know ryu could pound kyo into dust if he felt like it.. a "lazy" highschool student vs some dude who's been kickin people around in tournaments his whole life? c'mon..

also.. how is a hong kong comic book (the land where license means absolutely nothing) going to provide cannon for any of these characters?.. I'd rather more official documentation be presented

assumed about you?.. you voted for iori , in the iori vs kyo.. my 'assumptions' are quite correct.. as you've voted for him here also.. just putting 2 and 2 together..

as for vega saving him.. you said vega saved him after he fell out the window.. then.. in the post above you gave the fill in.. I'm supposed to work with nothing? lol.. its still silly..... so you mean to tell me that this particular comic book is about stealing fighters dna yet again?.. -_-;

I'm basing my knowledge off of the games.. and from that knowledge.. blood riot iori was really vicious.. regular iori was ok..

brainchild81
lol hows Ken vs Terry matchup an assumption.. they paired up ryu and kyo because they're japanese.. when I know ryu could pound kyo into dust if he felt like it.. a "lazy" highschool student vs some dude who's been kickin people around in tournaments his whole life? c'mon..Do you know this Ryu & Kyo thing? Are you sure they didn't just pair them up 'cause they are the stars or are you making yet another assumption?

also.. how is a hong kong comic book (the land where license means absolutely nothing) going to provide cannon for any of these characters?.. I'd rather more official documentation be presentedI didn't bring up the comic & the 1st place. Somebody else did and then you chimed in w/lame wrong assumptions

assumed about you?.. you voted for iori , in the iori vs kyo.. my assumptions are quite correct.. as you've voted for him here also.. thats not assuming.. thats just putting 2 and 2 together..No that's assuming. What does that have to do with this thread? Does that mean this was created for Terry to lose? You're actually getting worse.

as for vega saving him.. you said vega saved him after he fell out the window.. then.. in the post above you gave the fill in.. I'm supposed to work with nothing?No. You're supposed to do what any logical person would've done and not spoke on it until you knew enough about it or ask a question to get more info. You made a comment on something you knew next to nothing about. The problem is that YOU keep trying to work with nothing. If it went like this,

SaT:Why did Vega save Terry?(That's what you should've done son)
B81:Vega decided it was the right thing to do.(If I would've said that)
SaT:That's crappy(This wouldv'e been true)
you wouldn't have been putting your foot in your mouth.

You made yourself look foolish. You're so determined to undermine this book you just pop of @ the mouth without having any valid points or knowing what you're talking about. You can be better than that. Why Vega saved him really didn't seem like necessary information because I wasn't expecting someone totally ignorant of the reason for the situation to call the situation silly.

lol.. its still silly...How is it silly? Why are you still judging something you know nothing about?

.. so you mean to tell me that this particular comic book is about stealing fighters dna yet again?.. -_-;Nope. Is that why you thought it was silly? Because you ASSumed it was about DNA theft? laughing We've been going on about this for far too long. Please just admit you don't know enough about it to determine it's crap-factor and just move on.

I'm basing my knowledge off of the games.. and from that knowledge.. blood riot iori was really vicious.. regular iori was ok.. I've kicked a$$ with both.

SaTsuJiN
Bison told him to save him if I remember right. Bison wanted him so he could test out O.Iori.

Oh.. so I'd imagine he just wanted to look at how beautiful iori was hmm?... nothing to do with DNA or something of that sort?.. all these fighting game stories are the same which is why I'm sick of them.. I havent played a single KoF since 97 because of this.. in 98 the crapfactor began with the Kyo Clone army (rofl!).. ugh.. just bury it already..

unless you're going to start giving some info about the abilities of terry and iori then dont even bother.. those unofficial comics are stuff you find in the gutter on a rainy day

if you find these 'stories' as good material then thats you.. I prefer something like soul calibur that hasnt turned its characters stories into nonsense about DNA and running fake tournaments for getting test results... or trying to evoke 1 characters true power blah blah blah.. I've been here and done that which is why I say its crap.. thats my opinion on the matter.. now .. on with the terry and iori info.. or do you only provide iori info since you are such the fighting game expert.. seeing how you consider my knowledge worthless because I dont read unofficial material

brainchild81
Bison told him to save him if I remember right. Bison wanted him so he could test out O.Iori.

Oh.. so I'd imagine he just wanted to look at how beautiful iori was hmm?... nothing to do with DNA or something of that sort?.. all these fighting game stories are the same which is why I'm sick of them.. I havent played a single KoF since 97 because of this.. in 98 the crapfactor began with the Kyo Clone army (rofl!).. ugh.. just bury it already..

unless you're going to start giving some info about the abilities of terry and iori then dont even bother.. those unofficial comics are stuff you find in the gutter on a rainy dayAgain, I didn't bring 'em up. Someone on Terry's side of the debate did.

if you find these 'stories' as good material then thats you.. I prefer something like soul calibur that hasnt turned its characters stories into nonsense about DNA and running fake tournaments for getting test results... or trying to evoke 1 characters true power blah blah blah.. I've been here and done that which is why I say its crap.. thats my opinion on the matter.. now .. on with the terry and iori info.. or do you only provide iori info since you are such the fighting game expert.. seeing how you consider my knowledge worthless because I dont read unofficial material It's honestly more like Marvel's Secret Wars than anything you described. It is licensed. What makes something official? Does it depend on whether you like it or not? I consider your opinions on said material worthless because you lack knowledge of said material. That's all. I've got nothing against you. You've turned this fine debate into your own personal vendetta against HK comics. What's weird is that you are now asking questions about it. Are you becoming interested? You really should give it a look(even if it's just for the artsmile). If you hate Iori like P.Geyser does you'd probably love pt.2.

P.S. I'd kick your a$$ in Soul Caliber with Kiliksmile

shin_remy
hehe.. you're falling to the japan syndrome... they only matched them both up cuz they're from america.. has nothing to do with their fighting prowess.. can you tell me what ken and terrys power levels were in the card games? smile

card games messed that is so old

like brainchild said.
terry was the ryu in the series not anymore and indeed why didn't they match him with guile ??

and terry is happy to have ken as rival and ken has the same back. better terry then iori his rival since terry will kicks iori's ass

SaTsuJiN
the reason why card games are good is that the developers are forced to label the fighters with an exact numerical value for their fighting ability.. which makes it much easier to fish out the apprentices and the masters

the only way I'd wind up reading the comics is if they were an E-comic.. comic store by me is a ripoff, and he doesnt let you read them in the store

terry was never the ryu in KoF (which has been going on since 94).. he's still the ryu in Garou though

lol @ ken being happy with terry and vice versa.. that has to be the most pointless info to date..

and lol.. I use kilik in soul calibur messed

shin_remy
dissapotning ??

why you hate ken

ken rocks !!! terry and ken has much in common. ask p guyser if he hates it that ken is the rival of terry. probally not. since ken and ryu beats a lot of people.

brainchild81
the reason why card games are good is that the developers are forced to label the fighters with an exact numerical value for their fighting ability.. which makes it much easier to fish out the apprentices and the masters

the only way I'd wind up reading the comics is if they were an E-comic.. comic store by me is a ripoff, and he doesnt let you read them in the storeAh well. Maybe somebody will scan 'em. I really don't pay attention to the card games. How many have there been and when did they come out? How come they didn't match Terry w/Guile?

terry was never the ryu in KoF (which has been going on since 94).. he's still the ryu in Garou though Nah. He passed the torch to Rock Howard. Mr. Howard was the hero of Garou-MOTW.

lol @ ken being happy with terry and vice versa.. that has to be the most pointless info to date..Around the same level as you saying you were pretty sure Ryu's beaten Ken on numerous occasions.smile Ken & Terry do look happy to fight in CVS2 though

and lol.. I use kilik in soul calibur messed Copycat! madOriginally posted by shin_remy
dissapotning ??

why you hate ken

ken rocks !!! terry and ken has much in common. ask p guyser if he hates it that ken is the rival of terry. probally not. since ken and ryu beats a lot of people. I've been noticing alot of Ken hate also. I really don't know why. I've heard that Ken beat up Gill

SaTsuJiN
I dont hate him.. I use him in Sf3: 3rd strike over ryu... due to his rapid fire kick super (Shinryuken).. I just dont care for his other incarnations

brainchild81
Did he kick Gill's @ss?

shin_remy
well

to tell you the truth brainchild!!!!!!!!!! Not many people know this believe me!!

in america it was alex who won the tournament and ryu who won from gill and stayed barely alive!!!

BUT....... not according japan. they claimed that it was Ken who beat Gill, and Ryu, they wanted to let Ken win the last tournament since ryu won the first and second.

there is a rare japanese comic where you can see Ken kicks Gill ass and you see Ryu losing from akuma, and survive the shun Goku Satsu cause the the Shun Goku Satsu ends with a final punch and Akuma mist it. Ryu has a scar, challanged by Ken and lost from him. and will be trained by Oro and wants to challange him again.

Ryu and Akuma fight again!!!

and they are both nowhere to be seen. Ken and Alex found the red headband of Ryu that Ken once gave to him!! years later. Alex goes to Ryu's grave with the red headband. then he sees a shadow of a person who stands behind him!!

IS IT RYU???

in other words there are 2 story's. the story about ryu and alex is believed that that is the cannon. they never bother to fix it.

Gouki
Eh..not goin' there again.

brainchild81
well

to tell you the truth brainchild!!!!!!!!!! Not many people know this believe me!!

in america it was alex who won the tournament and ryu who won from gill and stayed barely alive!!!

BUT....... not according japan. they claimed that it was Ken who beat Gill, and Ryu, they wanted to let Ken win the last tournament since ryu won the first and second.

there is a rare japanese comic where you can see Ken kicks Gill ass and you see Ryu losing from akuma, and survive the shun Goku Satsu cause the the Shun Goku Satsu ends with a final punch and Akuma mist it. Ryu has a scar, challanged by Ken and lost from him. and will be trained by Oro and wants to challange him again.

Ryu and Akuma fight again!!!

and they are both nowhere to be seen. Ken and Alex found the red headband of Ryu that Ken once gave to him!! years later. Alex goes to Ryu's grave with the red headband. then he sees a shadow of a person who stands behind him!!

IS IT RYU???

in other words there are 2 story's. the story about ryu and alex is believed that that is the cannon. they never bother to fix it. thumb up Daaaaaamn, Remy! You're like a library. Good stuff. Any links to this info? Have you seen the SVC comic?

P-Geyser
dissapotning ??

why you hate ken

ken rocks !!! terry and ken has much in common. ask p guyser if he hates it that ken is the rival of terry. probally not. since ken and ryu beats a lot of people.

Well in honesty I have to agree with Satsujin. Terry and Fatal Fury was created to go head on with Ryu and Street Fighter. There are two reasons why I personally think Ryu and Kyo got to be paired. The first is I do believe it has to do with the nationality's of both being Japenese.

Secondly KOF is Playmore's cash cow and Kyo was lucky enough to be the main star of KOF so I also believe thats why he got to Rival Ryu. Now about the Terry and Ken rivalry....I dont hate it, it's just that I feel Terry and Ryu have more in common as of terms learning, self deticated plus I see Terry rivaling Ryu is a much better pairing than Ryu vs Kyo.

I dont mind that Terry was paired with Ken but the problem I see, is that alot of folks think that Ken is below Ryu and that Ryu is no 1 which could be true. Though in my heart I believe Terry is nowhere below Kyo...if you can understand what I am getting at.

It actually seemed though that Iori was Ken's rival which was an outrage to me because of the Kyo vs Iori fued and Ryu is rivaling Ken. It looked like though they had Terry rivaling with Guile(which was dissapointing)seeing how The Lone Wolf helped make KOF and SNK what it is(along with AOF and IK and PS also) to just be sidlined by these two guys who get way too much hype.

Bottom line is I am cool with Terry and Ken paired up, but I think Terry going against Ryu is a better rivalry. Also even though you guys dont care, The Card fighters game did have Ryu and Terry paired up, plus if you look at the action figures I showed it had Terry going against Ryu and also a cover of the japenese cover I scanned It had Ryu and Terry so there is something that says that Terry would be a good rival for Ryu.

2D_MASTER
Terry and Ryu also apearred together on the cover of Capcom versus SNK pro.

brainchild81
Well in honesty I have to agree with Satsujin. Terry and Fatal Fury was created to go head on with Ryu and Street Fighter. There are two reasons why I personally think Ryu and Kyo got to be paired. The first is I do believe it has to do with the nationality's of both being Japenese.

Secondly KOF is Playmore's cash cow and Kyo was lucky enough to be the main star of KOF so I also believe thats why he got to Rival Ryu. Now about the Terry and Ken rivalry....I dont hate it, it's just that I feel Terry and Ryu have more in common as of terms learning, self deticated plus I see Terry rivaling Ryu is a much better pairing than Ryu vs Kyo.

I dont mind that Terry was paired with Ken but the problem I see, is that alot of folks think that Ken is below Ryu and that Ryu is no 1 which could be true. Though in my heart I believe Terry is nowhere below Kyo...if you can understand what I am getting at.

It actually seemed though that Iori was Ken's rival which was an outrage to me because of the Kyo vs Iori fued and Ryu is rivaling Ken. It looked like though they had Terry rivaling with Guile(which was dissapointing)seeing how The Lone Wolf helped make KOF and SNK what it is(along with AOF and IK and PS also) to just be sidlined by these two guys who get way too much hype.

Bottom line is I am cool with Terry and Ken paired up, but I think Terry going against Ryu is a better rivalry. Also even though you guys dont care, The Card fighters game did have Ryu and Terry paired up, plus if you look at the action figures I showed it had Terry going against Ryu and also a cover of the japenese cover I scanned It had Ryu and Terry so there is something that says that Terry would be a good rival for Ryu. Have you seen the pics of the set w/Ken, Ryu, Iori & Kyo? My action figure

The whole set

P-Geyser
Have you seen the pics of the set w/Ken, Ryu, Iori & Kyo? My action figure

The whole set

Yeah......I actually saw the Iori in person at a comic shop where I am at. It's funny though how Iori is a mainstay while Terry and Kyo come and go.

shin_remy
i know where your heading at

there are enough covers with

Ryu vs Kyo
Kyo vs Terry

Ken vs Iori
Ken vs Terry

thats why i hate snk sometimes. cool characters but capcom is clear about who is stronger. they are always replacing populair characters by new ones.

Terry was the rival of Ryu back in the days. He has much in common with Ryu. But he has alos a lot in common with Ken. You see that in the vs games.

some poeple are happy with the things how it are today. ryu vs kyo
and some believe it is better ryu vs terry

same as with ken

some think it is better Ken vs Iori and some believe it is better Ken vs Terry

Better Terry to Ken then Terry to Guile. Or Ken to Iori!!!

People believe now that Kyo and Iori are stronger then Terry
and Snk does not give any info about that.

stupid snk messed

shin_remy
soo it is

Ryu vs Kyo
Ryu vs Terry

Ken vs Iori
Ken vs Terry

or else it is Guile vs Terry messed

carrotgl4z3

Not all People think about that... I think Terry is more Famous here in our country... They Believe that the Lone Wolf Still the Strongest in SNK. For me Terry still more powerful IMO

SaTsuJiN
lol.. terry earned his fighting ability through years of extensive training since his childhood.. when faced with 'super power' based iori, my personal verdict is terry

Iori is the ken of KoF

brainchild81
Iori is SNK's Ken. Kyo is SNK's Ryu. They should fued. For those who rely on card games for who beats who, what is Iori's level and what is Terry's?

2D_MASTER
lol.. terry earned his fighting ability through years of extensive training since his childhood.. when faced with 'super power' based iori, my personal verdict is terry

Iori is the ken of KoF

I agree, well said.

P-Geyser
i know where your heading at

there are enough covers with

Ryu vs Kyo
Kyo vs Terry

Ken vs Iori
Ken vs Terry

thats why i hate snk sometimes. cool characters but capcom is clear about who is stronger. they are always replacing populair characters by new ones.

Terry was the rival of Ryu back in the days. He has much in common with Ryu. But he has alos a lot in common with Ken. You see that in the vs games.

some poeple are happy with the things how it are today. ryu vs kyo
and some believe it is better ryu vs terry

same as with ken

some think it is better Ken vs Iori and some believe it is better Ken vs Terry

Better Terry to Ken then Terry to Guile. Or Ken to Iori!!!

stupid snk messed

You know I have to agree with you in alot of what you stated. Terry and Ryu do have those simularity's. Also Terry and Ken are simular as well since Ken seems laid back like Terry. Though you are right some people are happy about the way things have turned out, but unfortunatley I am not one of them. At least Capcom does not forget about the hero's who brought them to the dance.

As for Ryu and Kyo I see no simularity's between the two other than Kyo is the main guy in KOF, and Ryu is the main man in Street Fighter...that's it. Ryu busted his ass(like Terry)learning his techniques and travleing the world searching for strong opponents. Kyo is the heir of the Kusanagi and even though he does Martial Arts, he did not bust his ass with rigourous training. Also people will throw that crap that Kyo and Iori are stronger than Terry and etc because they beat people like Orochi and they possess flames which in fact we know that only the Flames of Kusanagi and Yagami can hurt Orochi.

On the subject of Guile correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he the main character of street fighter in the begining? I am just asking because I have heard that from a few share of people. I dont really like Terry rivaling with Guile(not that I have anything against Guile mind you)though it does look that way in some of the SvC titles while Iori gets to rival Ken embarrasment

Bottom line is I am kind of angry with playmore....I dont call them SNK anymore just playmore. Cause all they seem to do is pump KOF after KOF and the new main guy Ash is a horrible faggoty design thanks to Falcoon. Even Brainchild would agree that it would be nice to at least have a MOTW'S 2...but I have know Idea why the hell are they stalling with that. All Playmore is about these days are KOF, Metal Slug and somehow Samurai Shodown seemed to survive and that's it.

As for Kyo is the Ryu of SNK and Iori is the Ken SNK.....people who understand the characters and are vets of FF,AOF,SS dont think so ME INCLUDED. Yeah you are right Playmore is stupid for that.

I second what Satsujin said.

brainchild81
You know I have to agree with you in alot of what you stated. Terry and Ryu do have those simularity's. Also Terry and Ken are simular as well since Ken seems laid back like Terry. Though you are right some people are happy about the way things have turned out, but unfortunatley I am not one of them. At least Capcom does not forget about the hero's who brought them to the dance.

As for Ryu and Kyo I see no simularity's between the two other than Kyo is the main guy in KOF, and Ryu is the main man in Street Fighter...that's it. Ryu busted his ass(like Terry)learning his techniques and travleing the world searching for strong opponents. Kyo is the heir of the Kusanagi and even though he does Martial Arts, he did not bust his ass with rigourous training. Also people will throw that crap that Kyo and Iori are stronger than Terry and etc because they beat people like Orochi and they possess flames which in fact we know that only the Flames of Kusanagi and Yagami can hurt Orochi.

On the subject of Guile correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he the main character of street fighter in the begining? I am just asking because I have heard that from a few share of people. I dont really like Terry rivaling with Guile(not that I have anything against Guile mind you)though it does look that way in some of the SvC titles while Iori gets to rival Ken embarrasment

Bottom line is I am kind of angry with playmore....I dont call them SNK anymore just playmore. Cause all they seem to do is pump KOF after KOF and the new main guy Ash is a horrible faggoty design thanks to Falcoon. Even Brainchild would agree that it would be nice to at least have a MOTW'S 2...but I have know Idea why the hell are they stalling with that. All Playmore is about these days are KOF, Metal Slug and somehow Samurai Shodown seemed to survive and that's it.

As for Kyo is the Ryu of SNK and Iori is the Ken SNK.....people who understand the characters and are vets of FF,AOF,SS dont think so ME INCLUDED. Yeah you are right Playmore is stupid for that.

I second what Satsujin said. When I said Originally posted by brainchild81
Iori is SNK's Ken. Kyo is SNK's Ryu. I said that because Ryu is Capcom's main guy. SATS said that Terry was still the Garou hero. I disagree(Rock is. & It would be nice for SNK to realizer that KOF is not their only franchise. It was cool to see him fight in KOF: Another Day though.), but even if he were correct. Kyo is the SNK main guy. Why? Because the crossover games are where almost all the big time SNK guys are featured including Mr. Bogard & Kyo is the main guy. 9 times outta 10, when you see Terry & Kyo in the same game, Kyo is a more central figure. Like it or not, that's how it is. I like Rock more than Kyo, but Kyo is SNK's main man. Guile's only been the main SF character in that horrible live action movie and in the USA network cartoon show(Show was pretty lousy. Didn't start getting good until it was too late. Ken was , however, the strongest character on the show when all was said and done.). Game wise, Guile didn't even appear until Street Fighter 2.

For those who rely on card games for who beats who, what is Terry's power level in those games? Iori's is 1000 according to the link. & Yes, Ash is too gay for words to describe.

SaTsuJiN
japanese companies dont want american characters as their trademark.. obvious nationalism.. I dont blame them or anything, as it does seem silly.

brainchild81
What's Terry's power level in the card games?

brainchild81
Somebody answer.

P-Geyser
Okay I disagree and agree on some of things you have stated. For one thing even though MOTW'S is part of the FF storyline, it's different and yes Rock is the main character of the game. I still would not call Kyo Mr. SNK because the fact is even though you do not like the card game, Kyo is not the main man running for SNK, plus in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Kyo again was not the main person rather it was someone else. As well in the newer KOF installment even though he is somewhat important the focus is now centered around that fagotty Ash.

Though what I do agree on and it does piss me off is the fact that when Terry and Kyo are paired up, Kyo usually looks like the man on top. The reason what Satsujin and I have explained being "The Ethnic factor" plus KOF being the cash cow for playmore. I honestly feel Kyo got by at the expense of the characters from Fatal Fury, AOF, Ikari Warriors and Pyscho Soldier.

Believe me many feel that Terry would have been a better rival for Ryu than Kyo. I am sure you are familiar with Whipkedia Dictionary...check out Terry's profile and look at the trivia section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Bogard

It compares Terry and Ryu in being common.

P-Geyser
Now as to your answer since I see you left me a message. Terry's BP was 1000 while Ryu's was also a 1000 and yes Iori. Ryo's bp is 900 and Kyo's is 800.

Also a pic I found that many do think that Terry would have been a better rivalry for Ryu

http://www.castleofcollectibles.com/library/ngf/ngf-99-10.jpg

brainchild81
Okay I disagree and agree on some of things you have stated. For one thing even though MOTW'S is part of the FF storyline, it's different and yes Rock is the main character of the game. I still would not call Kyo Mr. SNK because the fact is even though you do not like the card game, Kyo is not the main man running for SNK, plus in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Kyo again was not the main person rather it was someone else. As well in the newer KOF installment even though he is somewhat important the focus is now centered around that fagotty Ash.

Though what I do agree on and it does piss me off is the fact that when Terry and Kyo are paired up, Kyo usually looks like the man on top. The reason what Satsujin and I have explained being "The Ethnic factor" plus KOF being the cash cow for playmore. I honestly feel Kyo got by at the expense of the characters from Fatal Fury, AOF, Ikari Warriors and Pyscho Soldier.

Believe me many feel that Terry would have been a better rival for Ryu than Kyo. I am sure you are familiar with Whipkedia Dictionary...check out Terry's profile and look at the trivia section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Bogard

It compares Terry and Ryu in being common. Must've been updated recently. The last time I checked it it said that Terry used to be SNK's mascot. Another thing for people to notice is this part.

People can erase that whole Mars mess from memory.

I do agree though. Terry and Ryu have things in common, as do Terry & Ken. How many card fighting games have there been? If they don't put Ash on the shelf and keep him there, the should change the company name to "gaymore"

P-Geyser
Must've been updated recently. The last time I checked it it said that Terry used to be SNK's mascot. Another thing for people to notice is this part.

People can erase that whole Mars mess from memory.

I do agree though. Terry and Ryu have things in common, as do Terry & Ken. How many card fighting games have there been?

Though they never mentioned anything about Kyo being a good mascot. Actually there were two Card Fighters games I belive. Ofcourse there was the SvC Card fighters clash SNK deck and Capcom Deck The second game that came out was called SvC Expaned edition I beileve...I dont have the game though I only have the SNK deck of the first game.

carrotgl4z3
Wikipedia's has a Great Trivia for Terry Bogard.

olympian
The person being the main gun of SNK changes with the storylines. Terry was when the games focused more on him. Then Kyo. Then K for a short period of time.

I find it being more a tastes thing on who are the two "ken/Ryu" of snk. For me its Terry and Ryo. Theyr the best of southtown, and of the two initial storylines that paved away for KOF. And the ones where the first KOF tournments actually happened.

carrotgl4z3
Terry & Ryo in kof always A Rival Team...???

carrotgl4z3
Ok This Topic Is Done... From a Vote & the Debate... Terry Wins...

brainchild81
Nah. Thread starter votes count for 20 regular votes evil face

carrotgl4z3
u cant accept the fact... ehehehe... Iori 3 - terry 10... i dunno y terry always win in voting System.. IMO Terry & Ryu are more Popular...

Sixth_Winged
Personally, i'm going with Iori. He is cooler IMO.

what i logically should happen IMO is that this is a tossup. I mean the distinction from the powerlevel of Kyo, Terry and Iori in their prime isn't that significant. It's just they job to people when the story commands it. Now, it's the sacred treasures team, Iori just got pwned by that girlie-man Ash. Yuck, but it happened just like Terry losing to a greenhorned kyo.

Gameplaywise, both are monsters and both have been depowered a lot.

P-Geyser
I have to disagree somewhat. First is SNK never stated that Kyo beat Terry officially. Second I agree Iori is the most popular and yes overrated SNK character.....at the arcades people really whore him to death..worse then Ryu I might add. I do know for a fact Iori is most definatley admired by TONS of fangirls.

I think Iori will have his vengence against Ash(ugh)

carrotgl4z3
Kyo never beat Terry... I dont beleive relly happened... Y? Still Geeze Howard still Alive in the KOf Story line... Base on FF Line Geeze already died

carrotgl4z3
Kyo never beat Terry... I dont believe KOF really happened... Y? Still Geeze Howard still Alive in the KOf Story line... Base on FF Line Geeze already died for a long time. Terry Has A MOTW out fit... FF line really happened

brainchild81
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Personally, i'm going with Iori. He is cooler IMO.

what i logically should happen IMO is that this is a tossup. I mean the distinction from the powerlevel of Kyo, Terry and Iori in their prime isn't that significant. It's just they job to people when the story commands it. Now, it's the sacred treasures team, Iori just got pwned by that girlie-man Ash. Yuck, but it happened just like Terry losing to a greenhorned kyo.

Gameplaywise, both are monsters and both have been depowered a lot. I can see Terry losing to Kyo, but I'm not sure how Ash stole Iori's flames. In the anime, Iori seems ready and willing to fight Ash without them. Ash seems like he'd rather run.

P-Geyser
Kyo never beat Terry... I dont beleive relly happened... Y? Still Geeze Howard still Alive in the KOf Story line... Base on FF Line Geeze already died

Agreed. I dont see Terry losing to Kyo other than those writers who know nothing of the strengths of the characters.

dvampire
I can see Terry losing to Kyo, but I'm not sure how Ash stole Iori's flames. In the anime, Iori seems ready and willing to fight Ash without them. Ash seems like he'd rather run.

I like Ash better though in the video game! big grin

brainchild81
I've heard his moves are pretty cool. Horrible design though.

2D_MASTER
I've heard his moves are pretty cool. Horrible design though.

his moves are all just a ripp-off of Guile's moves, but with green flames atttached. Seriously Ash is the worst SNK character ever, oh yeah they;re not SNK anymore, the worst design Gaymore ever made. The guy deos finfernail art as a hobby, wtf, and stole his moves from guile. Anyways, back to the topic, Terry would whomp on iori. Even by SVC chaos HK comics standards, becuase Terry lasted in a fight longer than iori, against orochi iori. Terry had a fight (he was woudned already), while iori got decapitated in one move.

Sixth_Winged
I can see Terry losing to Kyo, but I'm not sure how Ash stole Iori's flames. In the anime, Iori seems ready and willing to fight Ash without them. Ash seems like he'd rather run.

KOF XI Canon ending. Next KOF installment features him with both chizuru's power and iori's and going out for Kyo. And BTW, he did it while iori was on orochi mode.

brainchild81
his moves are all just a ripp-off of Guile's moves, but with green flames atttached. Seriously Ash is the worst SNK character ever, oh yeah they;re not SNK anymore, the worst design Gaymore ever made. The guy deos finfernail art as a hobby, wtf, and stole his moves from guile. Anyways, back to the topic, Terry would whomp on iori. Even by SVC chaos HK comics standards, becuase Terry lasted in a fight longer than iori, against orochi iori. Terry had a fight (he was woudned already), while iori got decapitated in one move. Iori was caught by surprise though. He thought he was looking at his reflection, then it attacked him. I doubt Terry would have lasted that long against Genjuro

Sixth_Winged
SVC comics ain't canon though.

Gouki
I'm not sure, why they even mention it.

brainchild81
'cause they're coolsmile Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
KOF XI Canon ending. Next KOF installment features him with both chizuru's power and iori's and going out for Kyo. And BTW, he did it while iori was on orochi mode. He beat O.Iori's a$$?

P-Geyser
Iori was caught by surprise though. He thought he was looking at his reflection, then it attacked him. I doubt Terry would have lasted that long against Genjuro

I think he would.

brainchild81
I don't know man. Genjuro Kibagami is an absolute beast. That's the book I suggested you'd like though, your all time favorite character(Iorismile) gets murdered twice in the same book. He's only got one life left. Anbody know if pt. 3 is out yet?

P-Geyser
I don't know man. Genjuro Kibagami is an absolute beast. That's the book I suggested you'd like though, your all time favorite character(Iorismile) gets murdered twice in the same book. He's only got one life left. Anbody know if pt. 3 is out yet?

All time fave..hehehe funny joke. Seriously I like Genjuro way more than Iori I can tell you that. Genjuro is a kickass rival to Haohmaru(might start a thread).

2D_MASTER

Yeah i think SVC 3 is out, the comic store I go to has had it for a week. I just havent got around to going and looking at it yet. I bet that they're going to fawk it up though, thus far, I have no complaints, its pretty good, hope it says that way.

Sixth_Winged
'cause they're coolsmile He beat O.Iori's a$$?

yes. It was basically two parter. The one with the sacred treasures team ending featured Orochi Iori and kyo lying on ground KO'ed by him all while Shingo looks, then Ash arrives....que to Elizabeth/Benimaru/Shenwoo's ending, it appears Ash forcibly took his power and he is also lying there unconscious.

brainchild81
Damn Ash! I really don't like him now mad

brainchild81
Yeah i think SVC 3 is out, the comic store I go to has had it for a week. I just havent got around to going and looking at it yet. I bet that they're going to fawk it up though, thus far, I have no complaints, its pretty good, hope it says that way. My only complaint is that the translation seems a lil off @ times and it's sometimes hard to tell when someone's talking 'cause the bubbles are weird. Got pt. 3 yesturday. P.Geyser would reeeeally like it. I'm starting to think he might have written it smile Also, Ken seems to be getting more & more bad@$$ as the story goes on. & Cenjuro is an absolute killing machine.

P-Geyser
My only complaint is that the translation seems a lil off @ times and it's sometimes hard to tell when someone's talking 'cause the bubbles are weird. Got pt. 3 yesturday. P.Geyser would reeeeally like it. I'm starting to think he might have written it smile Also, Ken seems to be getting more & more bad@$$ as the story goes on. & Cenjuro is an absolute killing machine.

Written it?....nah. If you guys can show some scans please do so.

brainchild81
Deal. I'll try to use on of my school's scanners either today, or Mon or Tue. In issue 3, Terry is able to do something Ryu couldn't.

shin_remy
ryu poops in the wild

brainchild81
laughing Wouldn't surprise me. Dude walks around barefoot all the time.Originally posted by carrotgl4z3
I HAVE A QUESTIONS GUYS??? IS KOF ANOTHER DAY RELATED TO KOF MI??? It takes place between MI 1 & MI 2

2D_MASTER
Deal. I'll try to use on of my school's scanners either today, or Mon or Tue. In issue 3, Terry is able to do something Ryu couldn't.

Yeah, Part 3 rocks. The Lone Wolf kicks some MAJOR ass in it. And choi beats the hell out of Vega. Its a pretty good comic.

carrotgl4z3
Hey Wheres the Scan?

brainchild81
I'll see what I can do tomorrow. They closed the lab w/the scanner early the last time I was over there.

carrotgl4z3
hehehe Thnx... I know P.geyser is xcited 2 and also 2d Master...

brainchild81
Krauser was stronger and more powerful than Terry and look what happened. Iori's not likely to underestimate Terry though. He'll just go for the kill from the start. He doesn't seem like the type who holds back or plays around w/anybody. He doesn't seem to descriminate between weaker or stronger. He just tries to destroy whoever's in front of him.

hehehe Thnx... I know P.geyser is xcited 2 and also 2d Master... I'm sorry I haven't been able to use that scanner yet. If anybody has those SVC books besides me, feel free to post pics 'cause there's no telling when I'll be able to. If anybody wants to see Terry be badass(P.Geyser), Iori have horrible things(dismemberment, decapitation) happen to him(smileP.Geyser) and Ken show that he's a serious threat to pretty much anybody when he's serious, they should try to see part 2 & part 3.

2D, Is 4 out yet?

P-Geyser
Iori's not likely to underestimate Terry though. He'll just go for the kill from the start. He doesn't seem like the type who holds back or plays around w/anybody. He doesn't seem to descriminate between weaker or stronger. He just tries to destroy whoever's in front of him.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to use that scanner yet. If anybody has those SVC books besides me, feel free to post pics 'cause there's no telling when I'll be able to. If anybody wants to see Terry be badass(P.Geyser), Iori have horrible things(dismemberment, decapitation) happen to him(smileP.Geyser) and Ken show that he's a serious threat to pretty much anybody when he's serious, they should try to see part 2 & part 3.

2D, Is 4 out yet?

Hehehe...Damn man it's been awhile. As I said I would love to see the comics...the only comics were I am at is KOF MI and KOF 2003...for some reason this huge comic store here in N.Y.C. cant seem to get the SvC comics.

shin_remy
i have the snk vs capcom comics part 1, 2 ,3 and part 4 isn't released yet

i always say that i wil post pictures from fights etc but i'm so damn lazy omg!!!

brainchild81
Come on Remy. Help the people out. Idle hands are the Robot Devil's workshop.

2D_MASTER
Hehehe...Damn man it's been awhile. As I said I would love to see the comics...the only comics were I am at is KOF MI and KOF 2003...for some reason this huge comic store here in N.Y.C. cant seem to get the SvC comics.

Hey P-geyser, I tried to post SVC scans on another Thread, but the JPEGS were way too big. If anybody knows of any free software where I can shrink Jpegs, let me know. Then I could post.

Superboy Prime
On topic...I believe Terry will get the most wins. He is just way more experienced and has a lot of heart. Iori is not a pushover, so he can quite possibly dish out as much as he gets, but eventually Terry's brains, experience and skills will take over Iori's raw power.

shin_remy
Hey P-geyser, I tried to post SVC scans on another Thread, but the JPEGS were way too big. If anybody knows of any free software where I can shrink Jpegs, let me know. Then I could post.

eey man

i will tell you what you must do

you have scanned, go to

1. ''Paint'''with your scan!!!

2.and only save your scan, don't edit it or something, your scan will be the same only the size will schrimp big grinbig grin

brainchild81
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
On topic...I believe Terry will get the most wins. He is just way more experienced and has a lot of heart. Iori is not a pushover, so he can quite possibly dish out as much as he gets, but eventually Terry's brains, experience and skills will take over Iori's raw power. Iori beat up Kyo & Shingo. I doubt Terry could do that. Iori could probably beat up the AOF team by himself laughing

Remulous
terrys got this,it wont b an easy match but it wont b a hard 1 either.

brainchild81
So you think Terry'd beat up Kyo and Shingo @ the same time then?

Remulous
well possibly, i mean the'er just kids

brainchild81
laughing That explains why Terry's won so many KOFs. Now Kyo's just being underrated. How many kids you know come from familes that shoot flames from their hands? Terry can beat Shingo 1 on 1 & he has about a 30% chance @ beating Kyo 1 on 1. He's not beating Kyo and Shingo @ the same time.

SaTsuJiN
he has about a 30% chance @ beating Kyo 1 on 1.

that statement alone has overrated kyo

brainchild81
laughing How about 40? You think Kyo & Shingo are just kids? Think Terry'd beat both up @once?

SaTsuJiN
you said it yourself terry'd beat shingo... shingo is like sakuras level... all they do is scream and make a scene.. it doesnt mean they're effective, which means minimal energy loss for terry...

also.. just because Kyo can spurt flames doesnt mean his actual strikes are powerful... actually I dont recall kyo taking a swing at anyone without his hands burning (except in the game of course)

P-Geyser
that statement alone has overrated kyo

Agreed.

Droopy
Its 50/50

brainchild81

P-Geyser

brainchild81
Look @ my post again.I gave you a link EA posted. Iori's supposed to be skinny. Terry ain't skinny except in the movies

SaTsuJiN
laughing How about 40? You think Kyo & Shingo are just kids? Think Terry'd beat both up @once?

Compared to terry, yes they are both kids... my issue was not the both at once deal.. my issue was saying terry had a 30% chance to beat kyo.. which is pure bullshit

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>