Anyone else getting annoyed with the spiritual/symbolic stuff?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
It's driving me nuts! It seems like in every episode there's something symbolic and spiritual being pointed out or hidden. None of it makes any sense yet and we're already in the second season. Danger surrounds Kates baby, Vincent can tell when bad things are going to happen, Danger surrounds Vincent, Charlie has dreams that things are going to happen to the baby, Locke has dreams about a plan that turn about to be correct, Mr Ecko could see things in his past in the cloud of smoke etc. Its just too much. Its starting to get me confused. Im waiting for the writers to just make some sense of alot of the questions involving the spiritual side of the island.

I fear they may just be putting those things inside the show just to distract people from the bigger picture and in the end they aren't going to add up to anything.

KillTheLight
I thought the latest Charlie episode was dire.The religious symbolism within that episode was way to much and unnecessary ..seriously who cares if her kids getting baptised they didn't need to drag and completely waste a whole episode around something as uninteresting as that..no expression..cause thats what that whole episode concluded in sleep...they need to start answering questions i miss season one tsk! at least the next episode is a Sawyer centric one ...droolio

Punker69
I agree, they need to stop creating symbolic and spiritual questions and start answering some of them.

Ness
I don't know if its just me about the Virgin Mary Statues. I think the reason they picked that symbolism Is b/c you have to turn your back on god in order to do drugs . I think the writers were really good on being able to bring that evil out in Charlie. I mean you have to break the the good thing ( Virgin Mary Statues) to get something bad.(drugs). I think thats probably just me thinking that way but, w/e if you know what I'm talking about please reply.....

rickyduck
Kate doesnt have a baby....

Echuu
Originally posted by Punker69
It's driving me nuts! It seems like in every episode there's something symbolic and spiritual being pointed out or hidden. None of it makes any sense yet and we're already in the second season. Danger surrounds Kates baby, Vincent can tell when bad things are going to happen, Danger surrounds Vincent, Charlie has dreams that things are going to happen to the baby, Locke has dreams about a plan that turn about to be correct, Mr Ecko could see things in his past in the cloud of smoke etc. Its just too much. Its starting to get me confused. Im waiting for the writers to just make some sense of alot of the questions involving the spiritual side of the island.

I fear they may just be putting those things inside the show just to distract people from the bigger picture and in the end they aren't going to add up to anything.

laughing I've only seen one full episode of the second season cuz I'm busy Wednesdays but I understand why they are doing this.. Can't you see it's good verses evil?

I think it's foolish to watch the show Lost and think it's going to be a 'normal' episode. There's always some confusion or things that need to be explained but that's the beauty of the show.

KillTheLight
Originally posted by Echuu
laughing I've only seen one full episode of the second season cuz I'm busy Wednesdays but I understand why they are doing this.. Can't you see it's good verses evil?

I think it's foolish to watch the show Lost and think it's going to be a 'normal' episode. There's always some confusion or things that need to be explained but that's the beauty of the show.

yes we can all see it's good v evil..and we also know it's not clear cut... but they need to stop dragging out that subject. We got that message the 1st time.Seriously we dont need to see it in every other aspect, shape, form, situation and whatever else they can fit it into..how about answering some questions or advancing the story line.

rickyduck
Yep.... but its very scientific aswell, the 'man of science, man of faith' stuff

Punker69
Originally posted by Echuu

Your right. It is foolish. But the thing is, they dont answer any of the questions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.