The Special Edition DVD Of Terminator 2 Sucks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Makedde
When I bought the SE of T2 two years ago, I didn't expect it to be the Directors Cut version. I was upset when I saw that it was.

I HATE this version! Sarah Connor is made to appear so weak and useless! Take the scene in the elevator, after Arnie and John have just escaped from the hospital, and the T1000 is on the elevator roof. Sarah looks upward, and says 'What the **** is it, what the **** is going on?'

Sarah has already encountered one Terminator, and I find it hard to believe she wouldn't know another when she saw it. That line makes her appear as weak as shit!

In fact, the unedited version is complete and utter trash, all the sketchy dialog, it's shockingly awful!

I really wish I had have looked harder, and gotten the good version.

chriscaffee
Um that is in the theatrical version I am almost certain. The only substantial new scenes are the T1000 glitching, the chip removal, Kyle Reese, the smiling scene, the T1000 inspecting John's room and Dyson's house.

Makedde
I have the unedited veriosn, the DVD version I have goes for about 10 minutes more than the other I have, it shows Dysons house, the smiling scene, the scene with Kyle and Sarah...I don't have the one with the T1000 inspecting John's room. I have seen that one before, but it isn't on the DVD...I dont have the Sarah scene from the elevator, I didn't think they'd keep that part in it, it's shocking.

redcaped
I do enjoy it a lot but I am begging for a CGI fix.

Makedde
CGI...??? Sorry if I am a little slow...

redcaped
Slow? Beautiful! It should be great!

Makedde
^I don't get it...

OB1-adobe
Cameron special editions movies are terrible.

BBBOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!
!!!!

Makedde
^I figured that!

Red Superfly
I didn't like the T-1000 glitching bits, it wasn't a part of its downfall, so why bother putting it back in?

The bit with Kyle was good, but the rest should have been left cut.

The CGI is still wonderful though.

jenzie
the glitching was battle damage, IMO
well, you wouldn't be great after being blown up in a truck, AND walking through a bunch of fire AND riding a bike through a window THEN headbutting the helecopter windshield ..... now WOULD YOU!

SC says those lines because she's hasn't got round to the terminator AND HER SON showing up, so a little disorientation wouldn't be ruled out, and possibly trying to get into her "soldier" mentality again!

and i have the widescreen vhs ultimate edition (the one with the hologram cover), as well as T2 on dvd ..... and it's still fantastic!

chriscaffee
The "glitches" reveal that the T1000 is not indestructable. It also hints at his weakness (since he only starts glitching after being frozen): extreme changes in temperature. Some of the glitches are still present in the theatrical edition anyway. Without the others they just look odd. It also explains why the T1000 needed Sarah to call to John (instead of just assuming her form) and how John knows which Sarah is the real one. So yeah the glitches are actually pretty important.

Konjammenson
Originally posted by Makedde
When I bought the SE of T2 two years ago, I didn't expect it to be the Directors Cut version. I was upset when I saw that it was.

I HATE this version! Sarah Connor is made to appear so weak and useless! Take the scene in the elevator, after Arnie and John have just escaped from the hospital, and the T1000 is on the elevator roof. Sarah looks upward, and says 'What the **** is it, what the **** is going on?'

Sarah has already encountered one Terminator, and I find it hard to believe she wouldn't know another when she saw it. That line makes her appear as weak as shit!

In fact, the unedited version is complete and utter trash, all the sketchy dialog, it's shockingly awful!

I really wish I had have looked harder, and gotten the good version.

Your post makes me sick.

Are you kidding? First, the scene you are referring to is in the theatrical version. Second, she did encounter a Terminator before; a T-800 not a T-1000! Sarah had never seen a liquid metal terminator.

I happen to hate the T2:Extreme DVD for reasons of it messing up character development. I thought this would be about that but instead it is completely misguided. There is a way to play the theatrical version as an "easter egg" on that version but I forgot how to do it.

If you want a good special edition then seek out T2: The Ultimate Edition DVD. It is out of print but you can still find it. Otherwise just seek out a normal version. The Extreme version is pure crap, but not for the reasons you think it is.

chriscaffee
Yeah the Ultimate Edition (what I have) allows you to play either the Theatrical or Extended edition straight from the main menu. It also has more extras then both the other versions combined.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.