Despero VS The Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Private Pion
Combat takes place in the middle of a city, during rush hour.

Assume Despero can only control one FF member at once.

Who wins?

Draco69
FF dies.

Private Pion
Please be a little more detailed. :P

Also, I agree. Despero takes on Thing and Mr.Fantastic while mind controled Invisible Woman suffocates Human Torch.

Mider
who is this despero?

Darth Macabre
My vote goes to Despero.

Originally posted by Mider
who is this despero?
Despero is a tyrant from the planet Kelanor.

Powers: Telepathy and a mutant hypnotic third eye capable of projecting realistic illusions and entrancing virtually any sentient being; projects beams of telekinetic energy enabling the teleportation of matter anywhere in the universe; amplified strength, speed, stamina, agility and durability granted by the Flame of Py'tar mystical powers; genius level intelligence; skills as a warrior and tyrant.

Mider
now i remeber sorry

jasofisc
in truth they have taken out more power foes. However despero takes it they only win agenst uber powerful foes by plot devices.

Private Pion
Originally posted by jasofisc
in truth they have taken out more power foes. However despero takes it they only win agenst uber powerful foes by plot devices.

Amen. Although I'm not so sure Despero is uber. Damn tough, yeah, but not uber.

TheKahn
With out some kind of telepathy protection, FF loses bad.

thesilverspider
reed would need prep to win..........(also known as PIS)

Tony Stark
You guys must not read alot of FF stuff these days... Not only does Reed vaccinate the team from 16,000+ viruses and diseases every mission, they have anti-telepathy control devices built into their suits. And have had for quite sometime now.

FF ASSrapes him.

FF 10/10

Mider
you forget his powers can do other things like teleport things he also has super speed, stamina, and super strengh, and is a genius

Tony Stark
you forget his powers can do other things like teleport things he also has super speed, stamina, and super strengh, and is a genius

He's nowhere near in Ben's class for strength and fighting ability, nowhere near Reeds intellect, Not able to pound down Sue's forcefield, can't handle Jonny's nova.

He's very overmatched...

Mider
no were near the things strengh heh i just looked at him chocking the crap out of MM and are invisible womens force fields stronger then magneto if not he'd break through them and reed needs prep and human torch i think ie he can take on the JLA he could hand the FF there butts.

spetznaz
no were near the things strengh heh i just looked at him chocking the crap out of MM and are invisible womens force fields stronger then magneto if not he'd break through them and reed needs prep and human torch i think ie he can take on the JLA he could hand the FF there butts.

Don't mind Tony Stark.
He is a member of the 'Marvel can never lose' faction in KMC (btw ....his name IS Tony Stark. Guess what character that is ....starts with an 'I' and ends in 'man,' and guess what comic company that character belongs to ....'starts with a 'M' and ends in 'vel').
Oh, and guess where Tony Stark lives .....according to his location tab, he lives in 'Stark Tower International,' which makes me start to think that maybe this hombre does really think he IS Tony Stark for real.
I guess I'd better watch out for repulsor blasts!

Anyways, this small (but vocal) group seriously believes that nigh any Marvel character can triumph over a DC character.

This is why you see threads popping up that put the Thing against Superman for example, and you see certain 'esteemed' members saying that the Thing can win.
This is why you see posters like Golem370 starting threads that actually have the ENTIRE DC universe facing off against Marvel character(s) ....in one case the entire DCU facing off against a character that was stopped by Magik and Nightcrawler (yet the poster seriously thought the DCU ....all of it ....would fall).
This is why you see some threads that have QuickSilver facing off against the Flash.
Or why you see someone seriously state that Rogue would be a match for Superman.
Oh ....and do not forget the previously ubiquitious (thankfully no more since Wolverine888 is no longer a member) threads where Wolverine was made into some uber-creation that could trump anyone in DC. For instance the Wolverine vs WonderWoman thread, or the Wolverine versus Superman thread .....and yes, in both there were people who said that Wolverine could win.

In essence you have a group of people to whom the name 'Marvel' indicates an automatic win, even when it is absolutely ludicrous to believe so.

Take this case for example.
Tony Stark stated that Despero couldn't match the Thing's strength.
Now,that could only come from a Marvel fanboy in the order of Wolverine888 ....I doubt even golem370 could say such a thing (although some of his threads do insinuate otherwise).
If Despero can face off against Martian Manhunter, one of the top powerhouses in the JLA .....a being that could move a third of the moon ....then what the heck is the Thing?
If Despero can go fist-to-fist with Lobo .....come on!
Furthermore Despero is a character that is able to, and has, faced off against the entire JLA.

Yet, according to Tony Stark, the Thing will overpower him.
Hmmmm ....I don't think the Thing has enough ...erm ...'heart'....to even come close.

I'd bet that Tony Stark probably doesn't even know what Despero can do, and thus his Marvel-colored lenses just make his spout forth that 'Marvel wins.'

The only person in the F4 that has a chance is Reed .....and that is if he gets prep time (meaning, if he is able to come up with plot devices like the ones he has used to bring down characters like Galactus .....which indicates a level of PIS/CIS that would make Dr Doom cry 'bloody murder' and make Batman give up everything and join an ascetic Ashram. In essence plot devices that transcend disbelief .....even in comics).

However ....if we are to believe Tony Stark ....Despero will not even get past the Thing.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by spetznaz
Don't mind Tony Stark.Wise words. BTW He's not so much a Marvel fanboy as a FF, particularly the Thing, fanboy.

Mider
ok ok people how does Despero do against fire? and how long can sue richards keep her shield up while he's punching the crap out of it.

spetznaz
ok ok people how does Despero do against fire? and how long can sue richards keep her shield up while he's punching the crap out of it.

Let me answer by giving 3 insights into Despero from various sources, and then leave it up to you to decide whether or not he can stand up against the Fantastic Four (or, if Tony Stark is to be believed, if he would fall under the 'amazing strength' of the Thing)

1) Despero is a villain who is not to be underestimated. The Flame of Py'tar made Despero into a superhuman wrecking machine with near Superman-level strength and toughness.

However, Despero is not a dumb hunk of muscle. He's very intelligent, and a master manipulator, often using psychology against the JLA. The third eye on his forehead is directly conneted to his brain, giving him telepathic powers that rival the Martian Manhunter.

2) Notable powers: Telepathy and a mutant hypnotic third eye capable of projecting realistic illusions and entrancing virtually any sentient being; projects beams of telekinetic energy enabling the teleportation of matter anywhere in the universe; amplified strength, speed, stamina, agility and durability granted by the Flame of Py'tar mystical powers; genius level intelligence; skills as a warrior and tyrant.

3) Has faced off against the JLA ....the entire JLA.
Note that the third entails facing such characters as Green Lantern, the Flash, Superman, Wonderwoman .....and Martian Manhunter (Despero is probably MM's greatest foe).

Hmmmm .....I wonder if he can beat the Thing?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mider
can he beat the FF let me think YES.

Private Pion
Whilst Despero is undenibly stronger than Thing, I get the impression Thing is more durable-Since Despero has had his skin pierced by steel rods thrown by Aquaman. But then, the wound healed near instantly.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Tony Stark
You guys must not read alot of FF stuff these days... Not only does Reed vaccinate the team from 16,000+ viruses and diseases every mission, they have anti-telepathy control devices built into their suits. And have had for quite sometime now.

FF ASSrapes him.

FF 10/10

Rapes him ?????????

This guy took hits from Captain Marvel, Superman, Power Girl and Wonder Woman at the same time, and felt nothing. He had the rock of Eternity dropped on him and he barely flintched. Trust me Fantastic 4 dies !!!!!!!!

R.O.T. Yahman

roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing laughing

That is one of the funniest posts i've ever read .... Thank you !!!!!!!

smile

The Ion
This thread is ridiculous. Despero was recently seen fighting a JLA lineup that included Hal Jordan, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and The Flash. Only reason they pulled it out was due to Zatanna's magic and he gets put up against the F4? Get outta here.

Superherovandal
Despero is better than MM telepathy wise. HE dominated MM and Aquaman at the same time.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by The Ion
This thread is ridiculous. Despero was recently seen fighting a JLA lineup that included Hal Jordan, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and The Flash. Only reason they pulled it out was due to Zatanna's magic and he's gets put up against the F4? Get outta here.

Agreed .... I've seen him take on the whole JSA and JLA, and have the Rock of Eternity (U know know that big Mountain thing Shazam lives in) dumped on him ! This guys as durable than Thanos, stronger than Supes, and has telepathy on par with the M.M.

Missmatch !!!!!!!! smile

Juntai
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Agreed .... I've seen him take on the whole JSA and JLA, and have the Rock of Eternity (U know know that big Mountain thing Shazam lives in) dumped on him ! This guys as durable than Thanos, stronger than Supes, and has telepathy on par with the M.M.

Missmatch !!!!!!!! smile Actaully, he telepathically dominated Aquaman and Martian Manhunter, at the same time.
CRAZY powerful telepathy.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Juntai
Actaully, he telepathically dominated Aquaman and Martian Manhunter, at the same time.
CRAZY powerful telepathy.

But the FF4 have anti telepathic equipment ..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

GODSCRIBE
FF wins 9/10

Superherovandal
and he rips their equipment to shreds and takes Sue as a sex slave. and has her squish her teammates into shreds with her forcefields.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by The Ion
This thread is ridiculous. Despero was recently seen fighting a JLA lineup that included Hal Jordan, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and The Flash. Only reason they pulled it out was due to Zatanna's magic and he gets put up against the F4? Get outta here.

Agreed.

Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
FF wins 9/10

How exactly, in your mind, do they win?

Tony Stark
#1 I do follow MARVEL more than DC which last i checked isn't a sin... I do although collect some DC (JLA, JSA, SM & BM).

Because i believe that The FF can handle Despero as a TEAM. Which IMO no team works better together than they do. ( I never said that The THING would beat him by himself) Although if you go to the preverbale Bubble in the brain, heart, lungs, theory IW can take him out herself.

IW force fields have never been penatrated by anything... Back in the day she did get them broken down by brute force the likes of The HULK, THOR, and by Gladiator with his enhanced strength+ but it wasn't until after quite sometime.

Her powers are much more powerful now than then.

BTW Ben has thrown a giant spacecraft into space from earth with one hand one among many feats of his... CL100... Has defeated The Destroyer... Blastarr...WM...HULK...Dragonman 1 punch KO...IM...Atlas...Didn't get beaten by The Champion and broke his ribs with a body blow...ETC...Has knocked THANOS on his ass with 1 punch...

Is the thought that Despero is CL100 also i'm not so sure choking MM qualifies...

With DC's funky strength ratings The JOKER is a lvl 5 in MARVEL...

They IMO are way overboard.

Because someone supports DC over MARVEL characters are they a DC fanboy...? Maybe...

Can you say Supernova inside a giant forcefield, Reed wraps himself around Despero's head suffacating him while Ben throws haymaker after haymaker until he 's down for the count... Or he just flat out rips his head off...

Or Sue gives him bubble bath in the brain...

spetznaz
Originally posted by Tony Stark
#1 I do follow MARVEL more than DC which last i checked isn't a sin... I do although collect some DC (JLA, JSA, SM & BM).

Because i believe that The FF can handle Despero as a TEAM. Which IMO no team works better together than they do. ( I never said that The THING would beat him by himself) Although if you go to the preverbale Bubble in the brain, heart, lungs, theory IW can take him out herself.

IW force fields have never been penatrated by anything... Back in the day she did get them broken down by brute force the likes of The HULK, THOR, and by Gladiator with his enhanced strength+ but it wasn't until after quite sometime.

Her powers are much more powerful now than then.

BTW Ben has thrown a giant spacecraft into space from earth with one hand one among many feats of his... CL100... Has defeated The Destroyer... Blastarr...WM...HULK...Dragonman 1 punch KO...IM...Atlas...Didn't get beaten by The Champion and broke his ribs with a body blow...ETC...Has knocked THANOS on his ass with 1 punch...

Is the thought that Despero is CL100 also i'm not so sure choking MM qualifies...

With DC's funky strength ratings The JOKER is a lvl 5 in MARVEL...

They IMO are way overboard.

Because someone supports DC over MARVEL characters are they a DC fanboy...? Maybe...

Can you say Supernova inside a giant forcefield, Reed wraps himself around Despero's head suffacating him while Ben throws haymaker after haymaker until he 's down for the count... Or he just flat out rips his head off...

Or Sue gives him bubble bath in the brain...

confused

I could answer your other questions and negate your other statements (where you are still asserting that Despero would fall before the F4), but I don't think it is worth it. And anyways most people on this thread know just how plain ludicrous it is to have the F4 face off against someone like Despero (that is, unless you add the insane PIS/CIS stuff that Marvel tends to give to Reed ....eg the rather stupid Galactus stuff).

Anyways, the only aspect of this that really needs answering is the following question you made:

Because someone supports DC over MARVEL characters are they a DC fanboy...?

Ok, that's a good question. After all, I have given the three (now two) major Marvel fanboys hell (I'll not name names on this particular post, but it is exceedingly easy to know who I am talking about .....one WAS named after a furry weasel-like creature that in the comic world is a short runt of a man with messed up hair and ginsu knives up his knuckles; the other is named after an ancient Jewish monster of legend that starts with a 'G' and ends with an 'lem370'; and then there is a certain individual who claims to live in 'Stark Tower International').

However, the question is an extremely good one ......does a DC fanboy exist? Is it even possible?

The answer is a HUGE yes!
Fanboys are not limited to Marvel .....goodness,I'm sure somewhere in the deep dank dark depths of KMC there is an Archie comics fanboy.
Thus there is such a thing as a DC fanboy.

However, what is a fanboy?
A fanboy in essence is someone who basically attaches him/herself to a character so much that he/she basically believes that that particular character is either:
a) unbeatable
b) capable of feats that are simply beyond that characters abilities
or
c) starts to extrapolate a character's abilities..

All of the above are tied together by how the fanboy is rabidly adamant that their character is 'superior' .....and this can develop to a level whereby it is almost frightening (and probably clinical) .....a good example here being how Wolverine888 would go all loco if someone said Wolverine would lose .....several times he even threatened to beat up people, which is absolutely hilarious since W888 wouldn't be able to beat up his own shadow even.

Anyways .....

that is a fanboy.

Note however that the key is for someone to say that their character can do things he/she/it cannot, and to adamantly maintain that position IN THE FACE OF ALL LOGIC!

Thus, the conundrum arises. Are there more fanboys in Marvel than in DC?

YES!

Why?
At first I used to think that it was a matter of age ....that most readers of Marvel are young kids ....and thus more susceptible to juvenile inanity....and that most DC readers were more mature and thus more restrained to emotional outbursts (eg 'Wooolbereen weeens') and more likely to exude a logical analysis on a character.
However lately I do not think that is the case (althougb I'd bet most of the more reknown Marvel fanboys are probably around middleschool age).

I think the main reason for more Fanboys in Marvel than DC is that, generally speaking, most Marvel characters do not have the level of feats/capabilities/abilities as most Marvel characters.

Take Superman for example ....DC's premier (though not most powerful) powerhouse.
The dude has soooooo many high-level feats that it is almost impossible to be a fanboy of him.
As in, it is almost impossible to say he can do something .....and him not being able to do it (as shown IN PRINT .....not extrapolation or assumption, but actual comics)
This is because over the decades there have been very many feats attributed to him.
Goodness, even post-crisis Superman has been shown as breaching light speed, and the whole moving the moon thing (against post-crisis) shows that he still has prodigious strength.
In many cases actually DC characters are UNDERestimated not overestimated.
Green Lantern for example has done feats that are just astounding, for example when Kyle contained a SUPERNOVA with his ring (note: Kyle ....not Ion), or when Superman held a blackhole in his hands.
Or take the Flash ......the character has done things,ranging from evacuating a city of 500,000 in 0.00001 seconds while a nuclear weapon is detonating, to stopping the rotation of the EARTH by absorbing all its kinetic energy.
IT is really hard to be a TRUE fanboy of such characters ......chances are they have been shown to do more than whatever it is you are posting.
Unlike Wolverine.

However Marvel has a whole host of characters that, while powerful, do not have quite the wealth of 'uber' feats out there.
For instance Wolverine .....in essence he is just a short man with untameable hair, a love for cheap cigars and Japanese women, and the weird habit of sheathing and unsheathing his claws (even when there is really no reason to).
He is an extremely proficient fighter, has been alive for a long time, and has a vaunted healing factor.

Cool character ......however to the Fanboy that is not enough.
After all, with such a resume even C-level DC heroes (goodness, the side-kicks of C-level DC heroes) would wipe the floor with him.
Thus the fanboy HAS to start saying his character can do this and that, and at the end of the day you have a crazy extrapolation.

Now, take the Phoenix.
An extremely potent Marvel character that doesn't have fanboys.
Why?
Well, she/it is like Superman.
There are so many high level feats that it is almost impossible to say she can do 'this' and she can't.

Take the Silver Surfer ......another Marvel character that you do not see people calling themselves 'silverSurfer8888' after.
Why?
Because his powers speak for themselves.
Someone posts 'Silver Surfer' and everyone AUTOMATICALLY knows we are talking about someone who can fly MANY times the speed of light, and has a whole host of powers due to the Power Cosmic.

However now have a look at the Thing.
Here we have fanboy material.
After all, the Thing is very strong .....but his strength is not the greatest in Marvel, and in DC it is a JOKE.
Realistically speaking the Thing couldn't even get into the JLA RESERVES.

And thus we have a problem for the fanboy.
What happens when someone starts a thread that has the Thing versus a DC character like, say, the Martian Manhunter.
95% of the forum knows that in a matchup between the two MM would beat the Thing so fast it would be ridiculous.
But the fanboy loves the Thing, and thus starts to say stuff like:

'well, the Thing has heart and great fighting ability.'

Illogical!

Sometime back someone actually put a thread that pitted Spiderman (yes, the friendly neighborhood dude with the 'relative powers of a spider') against Superman.
That IS a faboy.
Or Wolverine versus WonderWoman for instance.
Or saying that the Thing is a better physical exponent than DESPERO!

However have, say, Gladiator versus Superman, or Dr Strange versus Dr Fate ....and those are equal fights (equal as in they are ANALOGOUS).

Anyways, is it possible for DC to have fanboys?
Yes .....and to a good extent Batman does have some fanboys.
However far and large Marvel tends to have the greater number of fanboys, and this is either due to age reasons (although I doubt that is the sole cause) and also due to a dearth of uber-level feats done by Marvel characters.

for instance take the Hulk.
There have been like 1,000 threads on Hulk vs Superman, and in virtually all of them Superman has come out ahead.
However it is hard to call someone a 'Hulk fanboy.'
Why?
Well, because the Hulk has VERY many high-level feats under his sleeve.
The only reason he doesn't win against Superman is because Superman simply has just as many feats (actually more), PLUS Superman is multi-dimensional in his powers while the Hulk is quite one-dimensional.
HOWEVER, a Hulk fanboy is a rarity .....while there may be some KMCers who think the Hulk would beat ANYBODY, it is hard to call them fanboys.
Why?
Because while the Hulk CANNOT beat anybody, he can beat ALMOST anybody.
That is quite different from saying, say, that the Thing has a chance against Superman (as someone actually did some time back).

However if someone says that the Thing can beat Despero, or that Spiderman can beat Superman, or that Wolverine can beat Wonderwoman.
Or for that matter says Batman can beat Thor.
Then that person is a fanboy.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Despero is better than MM telepathy wise. HE dominated MM and Aquaman at the same time.

...while easily mind controlling Hal Jordan and Batman at the same time.

Thats skillz right there.

FF get murdered by Despero.

R.O.T. Yahman
confused

I

However, the question is an extremely good one ......does a DC fanboy exist? Is it even possible?

The answer is a HUGE yes!
Fanboys are not limited to Marvel .....goodness,I'm sure somewhere in the deep dank dark depths of KMC there is an Archie comics fanboy.
Thus there is such a thing as a DC fanboy.

However, what is a fanboy?
A fanboy in essence is someone who basically attaches him/herself to a character so much that he/she basically believes that that particular character is either:
a) unbeatable
or
c) starts to extrapolate a character's abilities..

All of the above are tied together by how the fanboy is rabidly adamant that their character is 'superior' .....and this can develop to a level whereby it is almost frightening (and probably clinical) .....a good example here being how Wolverine888 would go all loco if someone said Wolverine would lose .....several times he even threatened to beat up people, which is absolutely hilarious since W888 wouldn't be able to beat up his own shadow even.

Anyways .....

that is a fanboy.

Note however that the key is for someone to say that their character can do things he/she/it cannot, and to adamantly maintain that position IN THE FACE OF ALL LOGIC!

Thus, the conundrum arises. Are there more fanboys in Marvel than in DC?

YES!

Why?
At first I used to think that it was a matter of age ....that most readers of Marvel are young kids ....and thus more susceptible to juvenile inanity....and that most DC readers were more mature and thus more restrained to emotional outbursts (eg 'Wooolbereen weeens') and more likely to exude a logical analysis on a character.
However lately I do not think that is the case (although I'd bet most of the more re known Marvel fanboys are probably around middle school age).

I think the main reason for more Fanboys in Marvel than DC is that, generally speaking, most Marvel characters do not have the level of feats/capabilities/abilities as most Marvel characters.

Take Superman for example ....DC's premier (though not most powerful) powerhouse.
The dude has soooooo many high-level feats that it is almost impossible to be a fanboy of him.
As in, it is almost impossible to say he can do something .....and him not being able to do it (as shown IN PRINT .....not extrapolation or assumption, but actual comics)
This is because over the decades there have been very many feats attributed to him.
Goodness, even post-crisis Superman has been shown as breaching light speed, and the whole moving the moon thing (against post-crisis) shows that he still has prodigious strength.
In many cases actually DC characters are UNDERestimated not overestimated.
Green Lantern for example has done feats that are just astounding, for example when Kyle contained a SUPERNOVA with his ring (note: Kyle ....not Ion), or when Superman held a blackhole in his hands.
Or take the Flash ......the character has done things,ranging from evacuating a city of 500,000 in 0.00001 seconds while a nuclear weapon is detonating, to stopping the rotation of the EARTH by absorbing all its kinetic energy.
IT is really hard to be a TRUE fanboy of such characters ......chances are they have been shown to do more than whatever it is you are posting.
Unlike Wolverine.

However Marvel has a whole host of characters that, while powerful, do not have quite the wealth of 'uber' feats out there.
For instance Wolverine .....in essence he is just a short man with untameable hair, a love for cheap cigars and Japanese women, and the weird habit of sheathing and unsheathing his claws (even when there is really no reason to).
He is an extremely proficient fighter, has been alive for a long time, and has a vaunted healing factor.

Cool character ......however to the Fanboy that is not enough.
After all, with such a resume even C-level DC heroes (goodness, the side-kicks of C-level DC heroes) would wipe the floor with him.
Thus the fanboy HAS to start saying his character can do this and that, and at the end of the day you have a crazy extrapolation.

Now, take the Phoenix.
Why?
There are so many high level feats that it is almost impossible to say she can do 'this' and she can't.

Take the Silver Surfer ......another Marvel character that you do not see people calling themselves 'silverSurfer8888' after.
Why?
Because his powers speak for themselves.
Someone posts 'Silver Surfer' and everyone AUTOMATICALLY knows we are talking about someone who can fly MANY times the speed of light, and has a whole host of powers due to the Power Cosmic.

However now have a look at the Thing.
Here we have fanboy material.
After all, the Thing is very strong .....but his strength is not the greatest in Marvel, and in DC it is a JOKE.
Realistically speaking the Thing couldn't even get into the JLA RESERVES.

And thus we have a problem for the fanboy.
What happens when someone starts a thread that has the Thing versus a DC character like, say, the Martian Manhunter.
95% of the forum knows that in a matchup between the two MM would beat the Thing so fast it would be ridiculous.
But the fanboy loves the Thing, and thus starts to say stuff like:

'well, the Thing has heart and great fighting ability.'

Illogical!

Sometime back someone actually put a thread that pitted Spiderman (yes, the friendly neighborhood dude with the 'relative powers of a spider') against Superman.
That IS a faboy.
Or Wolverine versus WonderWoman for instance.
Or saying that the Thing is a better physical exponent than DESPERO!

However have, say, Gladiator versus Superman, or Dr Strange versus Dr Fate ....and those are equal fights (equal as in they are ANALOGOUS).

Anyways, is it possible for DC to have fanboys?
Yes .....and to a good extent Batman does have some fanboys.
However far and large Marvel tends to have the greater number of fanboys, and this is either due to age reasons (although I doubt that is the sole cause) and also due to a dearth of uber-level feats done by Marvel characters.

for instance take the Hulk.
There have been like 1,000 threads on Hulk vs Superman, and in virtually all of them Superman has come out ahead.
However it is hard to call someone a 'Hulk fanboy.'
Why?
Well, because the Hulk has VERY many high-level feats under his sleeve.
The only reason he doesn't win against Superman is because Superman simply has just as many feats (actually more), PLUS Superman is multi-dimensional in his powers while the Hulk is quite one-dimensional.
HOWEVER, a Hulk fanboy is a rarity .....while there may be some KMCers who think the Hulk would beat ANYBODY, it is hard to call them fanboys.
Why?
Because while the Hulk CANNOT beat anybody, he can beat ALMOST anybody.
That is quite different from saying, say, that the Thing has a chance against Superman (as someone actually did some time back).

However if someone says that the Thing can beat Despero, or that Spiderman can beat Superman, or that Wolverine can beat Wonderwoman.
Or for that matter says Batman can beat Thor.
Then that person is a fanboy.

laughing laughing You cynical bastard !!!!!!!!! this is great !! laughing

Although i disagree with a few points ;

'fer an ancient Jewish monster of legend that starts with a 'G' and ends with an 'lem370';'

I'm pretty sure he's named after the Lord of the Rings character ?

'Why?
However lately I do not think that is the case (although I'd bet most of the more re known Marvel fanboys are probably around middle school age).

I think the main reason for more Fanboys in Marvel than DC is that, generally speaking, most Marvel characters do not have the level of feats/capabilities/abilities as most Marvel characters.'

I totally agree !

'A fanboy in essence is someone who basically attaches him/herself to a character so much that he/she basically believes that that particular character is either:
a) unbeatable
or
c) starts to extrapolate a character's abilities..'

If one was asked to describe how Mr Stark saw the Fantastic Four, I'm sure similar descriptions would be used ! smile

'Now, take the Phoenix.
Why?
There are so many high level feats that it is almost impossible to say she can do 'this' and she can't.'

Have you not met G.S. ?.... Nah only joking, as you quite rightly pointed out, G.S. doesn't attribute feats to the phoenix that she cannot achieve .... shifty

Seriously You need to Post more regularly ! laughing

spetznaz
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
laughing laughing You cynical bastard !!!!!!!!! this is great !! laughing

Seriously You need to Post more regularly ! laughing

I aim to please.
big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.