Hal Jordan vs Jean Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cameron Scott
Normal version for Jean, who takes this battle?

Draco69
GL. But someone will argue that normal Jean never existed and she was Phoenix the whole time for the last 60 years....

Cameron Scott
Originally posted by Draco69
GL. But someone will argue that normal Jean never existed and she was Phoenix the whole time for the last 60 years....

Wow, so Marvel has thrown continuity out the window now?

*looks back in his old x-men(60's) issues where Jean could barely make force-fields, let alone get anywhere near the Phoenix*

Draco69
Originally posted by Cameron Scott

*looks back in his old x-men(60's) issues where Jean could barely make force-fields, let alone get anywhere near the Phoenix*

Oh yeah. Read Endsong. Jean and Phoenix are the same damn thing now. She was Phoenix along. I hate retcons.

Draco69
Originally posted by Draco69
Oh yeah. Read Endsong. Jean and Phoenix are the same damn thing now. She was Phoenix all along. I hate retcons.

tiakocom

this fight is straightforward normal old skool jean will loose no questions asked but current jean with that so called omega level will level hal for fun and if its jean with phoenix than hall gonna run to his moma

Cameron Scott
But Hal has auto-shields up, and since the constructs are energy, how is Jean going to affect them?

Black Adam
Originally posted by tiakocom
this fight is straightforward normal old skool jean will loose no questions asked but current jean with that so called omega level will level hal for fun and if its jean with phoenix than hall gonna run to his moma

Current Jean got killed by xorneto..

Anyway old school jean goes down hard.

tiakocom
But Hal has auto-shields up, and since the constructs are energy, how is Jean going to affect them?

normal jean from back in the 80s or 90s will lose no doubt but current jean wont especially since she's now omega level, but for sure if its when jean has the PF in her then this wont be a fight but a massacre

GODSCRIBE
old jean definately loses, but with phoenix Hal dies in less than a second.

Cameron Scott
Gl John Stewart can shield himself from psionic attacks done by Fernus. I think some people are selling the Green Emerald too short here.

Draco69
And Hector Hammond. Guy once controlled an entire friggin populated galaxy including Earth which was LIGHTYEARS away from that said galaxy.

tiakocom
Gl John Stewart can shield himself from psionic attacks done by Fernus. I think some people are selling the Green Emerald too short here.

no one is sellin the green stuff short i should know im smokin it now wink
back to subject which jean you talkin about? cause we already said old jean will lose hard omega jean will be a close fight but she will win and if u bring PF into into dont talk about any green shields she will murder him so fast he wont know wat happened

GODSCRIBE

wait....are you disputing that jean with phoenix doesnt erase him from existence?

Cameron Scott
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
wait....are you disputing that jean with phoenix doesnt erase him from existence?

Read the above post, I said normal versions of each.

soleran30

Who cares about shielding from TP............................her TK is massive as well even without PF. I just wonder if her TK could do anything inside his shield............

GODSCRIBE
Read the above post, I said normal versions of each.

Oh, alright..

jean wins 6/10

Cameron Scott
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Oh, alright..

jean wins 6/10

How so?

And to the other poster, I say it won't. I doubt Jean can affect the constructs with her TK since it is energy and not matter. So how is Jean going to take this?

Also, what is stopping Hal to amp his stats into Superman level strength, speed, etc... and just smash her?

tiakocom
How so?

And to the other poster, I say it won't. I doubt Jean can affect the constructs with her TK since it is energy and not matter. So how is Jean going to take this?

Also, what is stopping Hal to amp his stats into Superman level strength, speed, etc... and just smash her?

i agree with u there the old jean would get owned here big time. no arguments

soleran30
How so?

Energy still has molecules and that means she can control them since she can molecularly control things......................anyway in a short fight Jean could win maybe 3-4/10 but the longer it goes the less likely she will even get those wins.

Cameron Scott
Originally posted by soleran30
Energy still has molecules and that means she can control them since she can molecularly control things......................anyway in a short fight Jean could win maybe 3-4/10 but the longer it goes the less likely she will even get those wins.

No it is not. Molcules are a composition of atoms attached through electro-magnetic attract.

Energy are waves(or particles depending on the quantum theory) that are much smaller than atoms themselves, and don't have mass in them. Heat, Light, Kinetic, and others are forms of energy. Heck, telekinesis is a form of energy(albeit psionic energy which isn't a part of the EM-Spectrum).

If energy were molecules then sunlight would hurt really bad considering we are being hit with them at light speed.

coosie
Their battle will just end up in bashing and smashing of force fields and constructs. It will just be a battle of who's will is stronger. So Jean will win in the end.

GalacticStorm
An experienced GL beats any non Phoenix manifesting Jean Grey incarnation

ixie
Jean Grey.

Psycho Ninja
GS must trying reeeeeaaaalll hard not to commit suicide after saying what she just said..........

wannabe
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
GS must trying reeeeeaaaalll hard not to commit suicide after saying what she just said.......... 1) GS is a guy!
2) He had never problems admitting, that a Grey without reaching her Phoenix (omega) potential can be beaten by a lot of people, including Hal.

Btw everyone...Jean is not omega NOW, she has ALWAYS been. That doesn't deny history at all, since a potential says nothing about a current power level of a character, but something about a power level that a character can theoretically reach someday. So "old school" Jean was simply an Omega mutant, who didn't reach her full potential yet, just like Iceman and Elixir.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by wannabe
1) GS is a guy!
2) He had never problems admitting, that a Grey without reaching her Phoenix (omega) potential can be beaten by a lot of people, including Hal.

Btw everyone...Jean is not omega NOW, she has ALWAYS been. That doesn't deny history at all, since a potential says nothing about a current power level of a character, but something about a power level that a character can theoretically reach someday. So "old school" Jean was simply an Omega mutant, who didn't reach her full potential yet, just like Iceman and Elixir.

actually he did, hes moved mountains before in jean vs franklin richards threads etc, to try n prove that sayin jean without the pheonix force is ridiculous because she always has been the pheonix force and u cant seperate the 2. i think hes just tryin to better his reputation at the forums now.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
actually he did, hes moved mountains before in jean vs franklin richards threads etc, to try n prove that sayin jean without the pheonix force is ridiculous because she always has been the pheonix force and u cant seperate the 2. i think hes just tryin to better his reputation at the forums now.

By current continuity Jean is and always has been the Phoenix. If a threadmaker doesnt make it quite clear what incarnation of Jean they are using then i will and have in the past argued that point. SHHHH!!

Youre a fine one to be talking about reputation Leon. Who in their right minds would care that much about reputation on an online comic forum? confused

Seeing your name hovering above the forum is enough to strike terror in the hearts of any and all who have had the past displeasure of sampling the garbled mess you call a post.

Back to the basement you abomination roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonheartmm
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
By current continuity Jean is and always has been the Phoenix. If a threadmaker doesnt make it quite clear what incarnation of Jean they are using then i will and have in the past argued that point. SHHHH!!

Youre a fine one to be talking about reputation Leon. Who in their right minds would care that much about reputation on an online comic forum? confused

Seeing your name hovering above the forum is enough to strike terror in the hearts of any and all who have had the past displeasure of sampling the garbled mess you call a post.

Back to the basement you abomination roll eyes (sarcastic)

very funny gs. and yet again, u fail to address the fact that u werent willing to accept pheonix and jean as two entities at any time in comicdom.

GalacticStorm
very funny gs. and yet again, u fail to address the fact that u werent willing to accept pheonix and jean as two entities at any time in comicdom.

Anyone who reads my previous post can see why i really dont need to give this waffle the time of day. roll eyes (sarcastic) Moving on......

leonheartmm
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Anyone who reads my previous post can see why i really dont need to give this waffle the time of day. roll eyes (sarcastic) Moving on......

only u then{as always}.

wannabe
actually he did, hes moved mountains before in jean vs franklin richards threads etc, to try n prove that sayin jean without the pheonix force is ridiculous because she always has been the pheonix force and u cant seperate the 2. i think hes just tryin to better his reputation at the forums now. You didn't read my post carefully!
Yes, current continuity Jean has always been one with the Phoenix, an omega mutant, but that doesn't mean that she was always at the peak of her potential.
Iceman has always been an omega mutant too, but does that mean he was always at full awareness and capacity of this potential?!
So, when GS says, that Jean and the PF are inseparable, that they are one, he's right. Yet he can admit, that a Jean, who didn't reached the point of using the PF effectively, can be beaten by a lot of people...like he just did.

TheKahn
I'd say its a draw. The reason being is that it would take little more than a thought for them to kill each other. Jean really doesn't have any protection from energy and from what I know of the GL's protective force field it wouldn't stop Jean from exploding Hal's brain or other internal organs (could be wrong on how it works though). So the fight starts, they both attack and both die IMO.

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by TheKahn
I'd say its a draw. The reason being is that it would take little more than a thought for them to kill each other. Jean really doesn't have any protection from energy and from what I know of the GL's protective force field it wouldn't stop Jean from exploding Hal's brain or other internal organs (could be wrong on how it works though). So the fight starts, they both attack and both die IMO.
But then Phoenix rises again, because some weird fern in the Andromeda Galaxy is taking over and Phoenix must disinfect...

Draco69
Hal Jordan in a complete curbstomp.

jffxex1980
JEAN WINS! ALL SHE HAS TO DO IS WEAR A YELLOW BRAZILIAN BIKINI. ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!!!

Juntai
Originally posted by jffxex1980
JEAN WINS! ALL SHE HAS TO DO IS WEAR A YELLOW BRAZILIAN BIKINI. ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!!! Hal's immune to yellow.

Juntai
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
But then Phoenix rises again, because some weird fern in the Andromeda Galaxy is taking over and Phoenix must disinfect... Hal has also simply willed himself back to life in pre and post crisis.

Tron
Originally posted by Juntai
Hal's immune to yellow.

The ring's not immune to yellow, but now the Lanterns (especially experienced ones like Hal or John) can deal with yellow rather easily.

coosie
Jean in her NXM power levels wins. This isn't the normal Jean Grey anymore neither this is the phoenix. Im talking about the Jean Grey who had the power to see difference between human blood and mutant blood without any microscope but with her bare eyes.

Draco69
The thread specifically said NORMAL Jean....

roll eyes (sarcastic)

coosie
ok. but it is still the Jean that has the pink power signature not the phoenix.

Draco69
The Phoenix was beginning to hatch inside Jean ever since she got her TK back. She was backed by the Phoenix for the entire New-X-Men arc.

NORMAL Jean is when she wore that horrible yellow and blue outfit and had NOTHING to do with the Phoenix.

Simple win:

GL: "Off."

Jean loses her powers.

(Yes, Green Lantern CAN do this. He regular does this against his world's mutants.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.