Mr Majestic vs Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cameron Scott
Who takes this battle?

dvampire
I'll have to say Draw.

TheKahn
Power wise I'd think it would be a draw (as it is just superman vs hal with no K-nite weakness) but given that Majestic is a genius I'd say he wins 6 or 7/10

Private Pion
Majestic. Because if he can move planets under his own power, he should be able to simply pound Hal down and out.

The Ion
Originally posted by Private Pion
Majestic. Because if he can move planets under his own power, he should be able to simply pound Hal down and out.
Green Lantern's have planet moving power in spades.

This fight could certainly go either way but I'd lean towards Hal 6/10.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by The Ion

thumb up but I'll give it to hal 7/10

Private Pion

Yes, but if planet moving strength focused into the point of a fist, it'll be hitting pretty hard, and Hal has had his shields broken by less impressive strength.

Dizzle

Co-signed. Though Majestic may be able to employ the "tear his head off speed blitz" tactic... I'll just kinda assume that the life support system will let Hal take the first punch and get some shields and offense going. If he does survive it, I'll agree with Ion and say Hal 6/10.

thesilverspider
Yes, but if planet moving strength focused into the point of a fist, it'll be hitting pretty hard, and Hal has had his shields broken by less impressive strength.

That's do to PIS/CIS.

Khellendros
If Wonder Man can shatter a GL's constructs, Majestic should be able to make short work of them.

The Ion
GL's constructs have taken much more force than Wonder Man can dish out (supernovas, the big bang, planets exploding). Not saying Majestic couldn't break one but it's not a hot knife through butter situation.

Private Pion
GL's constructs have taken much more force than Wonder Man can dish out (supernovas, the big bang, planets exploding). Not saying Majestic couldn't break one but it's not a hot knife through butter situation.

Yes, but all those examples have had the GL focusing all out of defence, haven't they? I doubt he could keep a decent shield up and attack.

The Ion
Yes, but all those examples have had the GL focusing all out of defence, haven't they? I doubt he could keep a decent shield up and attack.
No but he could encase him in a bubble. Kyle once held a Superman level guy in bubble for over 24 hours. Then he could simply open a wormhole to the edge of the universe. Battlefield removal.

Khellendros
Kyle once held a Superman level guy in bubble for over 24 hours.
Majestic is just a wee bit stronger than Supes.

The Ion
At his best showings, sure. Currently he's having problems with Captain Atom. Regardless of that, if he can hold Superman level strength for beyond 24 hours, Majestic isn't slicing through with one hit either.

Khellendros
At his best showings, sure. Currently he's having problems with Captain Atom. Regardless of that, if he can hold Superman level strength for beyond 24 hours, Majestic isn't slicing through with one hit either.
Sorry, but this is by the same writer who gave Voodoo f*cking MAGNETIC POWERS (anyone who read WILDCats knows how retarded that is). I'm not putting much stock in that story. And who was the Superman level person who was held for 24 hours?

The Ion
Originally posted by Khellendros
Sorry, but this is by the same writer who gave Voodoo f*cking MAGNETIC POWERS (anyone who read WILDCats knows how retarded that is). I'm not putting much stock in that story. And who was the Superman level person who was held for 24 hours?
I'd say it's more valid than Wonder Man breaking Kyle's construct in a crossover. yes

Kyle held the anti-matter version of Superman along with the entire anti-matter JLA (Superwoman, Power Ring, Johnny Quick) on the moon. They all gave up trying to bust the construct while Ultraman kept trying. Only reason they got out was because Kyle let go.

http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20452kx.jpg

Khellendros
What kind of feats does Ultraman have? Anything like planet moving? Or even moon moving? Or hey, even mountain moving.

The Ion
CSA showed up again in a JLA arc and gave the League a good fight. There was nothing to prove there was a big difference in power. Plus they defeated the Qward.

Private Pion
I'd say it's more valid than Wonder Man breaking Kyle's construct in a crossover. yes

Kyle held the anti-matter version of Superman along with the entire anti-matter JLA (Superwoman, Power Ring, Johnny Quick) on the moon. They all gave up trying to bust the construct while Ultraman kept trying. Only reason they got out was because Kyle let go.

http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hrjlaearth20452kx.jpg

Oh, I remeber that. That irratated the hell out of me. Kyle shouldn't have been able to make that and STILL float around the world doing all sorts of other stuff. Grr.

Anywhoo, this is Hal we're talking 'bout, and from my expirence, Kyle is a better Green Lantern than Hal could ever dream of being. Ever.

But thats beside the point.

Majestic could slam about a thousand punches on planet moving power in a short time, on one spot. I'm betting that will at least allow him to escape, since all the other examples have been explosions, which once they hit, bounce etc. Maintaining a defence against thousands of high level attacks on a single, focused spot is a bit different.

The Ion
Oh, I remeber that. That irratated the hell out of me. Kyle shouldn't have been able to make that and STILL float around the world doing all sorts of other stuff. Grr.

Anywhoo, this is Hal we're talking 'bout, and from my expirence, Kyle is a better Green Lantern than Hal could ever dream of being. Ever.

But thats beside the point.

Majestic could slam about a thousand punches on planet moving power in a short time, on one spot. I'm betting that will at least allow him to escape, since all the other examples have been explosions, which once they hit, bounce etc. Maintaining a defence against thousands of high level attacks on a single, focused spot is a bit different.
Wormhole to the end of the universe. Better yet, wormhole to the planet Oa for containment or even his ring. GL's have trapped people in their rings in the past. Kilowog contained an entire planet full of lifeforces within his ring.

Private Pion
Yes, he COULD, but Hal probably wouldn't-He's that kind of guy. Why doesn't he do it to everyone he fights?

The Ion
Hardly any superheroes beyond street level cut loose the way they can and should.

Private Pion
Exactly- Always consider the mentality of the combatants as well.

Khellendros
Wormhole to the end of the universe. Better yet, wormhole to the planet Oa for containment or even his ring. GL's have trapped people in their rings in the past. Kilowog contained an entire planet full of lifeforces within his ring.
Uh huh. And how exactly does he get Majestic into said wormhole? Ask nicely?

Mider
he just told you he would trap him and throw him in after making the wormhole.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Mider
he just told you he would trap him and throw him in after making the wormhole.
Yes, but trapping won't work against someone as strong as Majestic. Especially if his choices are break out or get tossed throguh a wormhole.

The Ion
Kyle only needs a couple of seconds at most. It's crazy to assume Kyle couldn't hold Majestic long enough for that to happen.

Dizzle
GL, and especially Hal, is by no means limited to constructs... He's a high end matter manipulator, a mild telepath, and has been known to mess with time on occasion. If nothing else, his sheer versatility should take a good number against Majestic. Dunno how well the bubble+wormhole thing would work... But he's got a lot more options than just making big glowing hands.

Oh, and PP... How do you get the impression that Kyle's more powerful than Hal? It's pretty much always kind of accepted that Hal is Jesus to the GL Corps. Kyle's got imagination, so technically he COULD be better with enough training, as he uses it more effectively, but Hal has sheer willpower and badassery.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Dizzle
GL, and especially Hal, is by no means limited to constructs... He's a high end matter manipulator, a mild telepath, and has been known to mess with time on occasion. If nothing else, his sheer versatility should take a good number against Majestic. Dunno how well the bubble+wormhole thing would work... But he's got a lot more options than just making big glowing hands.

Oh, and PP... How do you get the impression that Kyle's more powerful than Hal? It's pretty much always kind of accepted that Hal is Jesus to the GL Corps. Kyle's got imagination, so technically he COULD be better with enough training, as he uses it more effectively, but Hal has sheer willpower and badassery.
As of now There is no green lantern kyle it's only Ion Bwahahahaha.evil face

The Ion

Exactly what I'm trying to say. Majestic comes down to punching really hard and laser vision. Both of which are quite powerful indeed and enough to get him a few wins but GL's can do that and pretty much anything else they want to do.

Khellendros

Majestic is a mild telepath as well, can sense changes to the fourth dimension as well as time dilation and has a resistance to transmutation (being turned to stone to be precise). His reaction time is in the >nanosecond range, whereas Hal is still weighed down with a human brain. He is powerful enough to propel mountain-sized objects at multiples of light speed. That kind of force, focused down to the size of a fist, will destroy anything Hal can create.

Psycho Ninja
I;m always confused on which is stronger, Kyle or Hal ??

Khellendros
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
I;m always confused on which is stronger, Kyle or Hal ??
Not being a GL reader, I've always thought that Hal usually got the nod in sheer power, but Kyle was more creative with the ring, which made up for the lack of brute force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.